Other Kitchen Cooktops:
Electric Cooktops
Aroma
Models:
AHP-303, AHP-312
Aroma Single-Burner Hot Plate

Aroma Single-Burner Hot Plate

Pros

Cons

Hot Plate

Comments about Aroma Single-Burner Hot Plate:

This was a great addition to my kitchen because you don't want to always have to use gas to cook certain meals. This product heats up really fast and the cool down period is also pretty fast. I have a pretty small kitchen, so storage is always and issue. This product is very easy to store.

Heats very fast.

I've had this product for a few years now and its still going strong.

The compact design is great!

Very easy to clean.

great for traveling

from La Rue, OH

Comments about Aroma Single-Burner Hot Plate:

We have two of these that we use when we are traveling. It's perfect to pack up and take with you to use in a hotel room, or at a campground. It's small, light weight, inexpensive and very effective. Just plug it in, let it heat up and then cook your meal. You have to leave it sit for quite a while when you're done cooking on it so it cools off sufficiently to pack away again, but that usually isn't an issue. It is very easy to use, kind of self explanatory. You can set it on low, medium or high when you cook. It is very safe to use. If it heats up too much, it will automatically lower the heat again. It is very easy to clean also. It cooks food evenly and has a very simple but durable design. I think it will last a very long time. This would be perfect for someone who lives in a small apartment. Or someone with limited space and a small family. My friend was visiting from out of town and rented just a sleeping room. There was no kitchen, so loaned him one of these and he cooked all of his meals on it. It's a handy little thing to have one or two of.

Great for camping

from Stillwater, OK

Comments about Aroma Single-Burner Hot Plate:

Aroma hotplate is a really nice little burner for camping. It is very light and easy to pack. It runs on electricity, so make sure you have one at the campsite. I love to cook while camping. Aroma hotplate is a saver for me. It heats very fast and keep the temperature relatively stable. A pot of about 2 gallons of water can be boiled in less than 15 min. It is very convenient. It has several settings like warm, medium, high. They do not exactly match the settings on the traditional cooktops. So you have to try and see. It is also robust. We dropped it several times and nothing happens to it. It is relative inexpensive, but the performance is really good.

Very stable

Heat Distribution
I used a large pot with not problem

Very durable

I am not very picky about design but it works

Easy

Perfect for studio/small apartment

from Fullerton, CA

Comments about Aroma Single-Burner Hot Plate:

I lived in a studio for a while and the kitchen was minuscule. In fact, I had only two burners and a microwave (no oven). For people who rely on microwaveable food, I guess that's enough, but I like to cook my own meals most of the time and two burners (one of which was very small for a small pot) did not suffice. For instance, if I wanted to make spaghetti, I would have to first cook up the meat sauce, put that aside, then boil water for the pasta. But, by the time the pasta was done cooking, I would have to microwave the sauce in order for it to be warm enough for the pasta. This was not convenient so I opted for a plug-in hot plate. I am very happy that I did so because it made cooking much more feasible, despite not having a full kitchen in my studio. The size is good, it can fit a large skillet/pot and is pretty safe (though, I wouldn't leave this unattended while on). It heats up very fast so you don't have to wait long before you can use it. Also, the flat surface is ideal for wiping up messes. I use a damp sponge but only after the burner has cooled completely. I no longer live in a tiny studio and now have a normal sized kitchen with a full stovetop/oven but I still use this hot plate when I am having company and need an extra pot of food heating up.

• Heat Distribution:

This little gadget sure did the trick!

Comments about Aroma Single-Burner Hot Plate:

When our house was being redone our family had to move into a hotel for a few days.. And unfortunately there was NO stove top! Crazy right?! So we decided to buy one of these puppies and it did its job beautifully. It warmed up really fast and was able to heat whatever we needed for our dinner pretty quickly.

Temperature Control
Could easily heat up quickly but it was a little hard to turn the temperature down after it had been on high mode for a while. So ip when in doubt, with this gadget, keep it cooler than you think and then turn the temperature up as needed.

Heat Distribution
Was really pretty good at heating all of the contents, unlike some of the others we heard about which only tended to heat the middle of the plate.

• Heat Distribution:

This is a fantastic, safe product that is perfect everyday.

Comments about Aroma Single-Burner Hot Plate:

Overall, this product is easy to use. I have had no problems with it at all so far. It is very useful.

Temperature Control
It is good at controlling the temperature when needed.

Heat Distribution
It seems to distribute heat very evenly. Everything seems to be cooked very well and stay warm every time.

This is a great, durable product. I plan to use this for a very long time. It is great for many different uses. I have had no problems with this product so far.

This design fits great in any kitchen. It is a good color and not too big.

This is very easy to clean. It is almost effortless and takes little time. All dirt and spills come off very easily with a good wiping. This is a great product!

Apartment Must-Have

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Aroma Single-Burner Hot Plate:

I bought this to use during about a 2 week period where I would not have a stovetop during the process of moving. I could cook everything pretty much normally on this, though it obviously wasn't as fast as an actual flame. Pork chops? No problem. You just plug it in and put it to the amount of heat you need, then let it warm up and cook. Very simple to use and takes up minimal counterspace.

Temperature Control
It DOES temperature-regulate, meaning if it gets too hot, it's feedback system will cause the heat to reduce. Some people don't like that, but I feel it's a helpful safety feature.

Heat Distribution
I didn't have any issues with heat distribution, at least none that I noticed or that bothered me.

I still have this hotplate, almost a year later. I keep it for emergencies or when I need an extra burner.

Really simple design, theres a plug, a knob, and the plate.

I get afraid of chemicals or even water leaking into the inside, but no problems thus far.