Other Ice Cream Makers:

Pros

Cons

Not my favorite

Comments about Aroma Ice Cream Maker:

My husband and I really wanted an ice cream maker when we got married and registered for three different kinds. We received this one as a gift and were so excited. It looks really nice with the wood on the outside. However, we found that it did not perform well. There is a plastic crank you use as part of the process when you are making the ice cream. We had a really difficult time getting the crank to turn properly. We found it to be too loose with no way to tighten it. After multiple attempts, we decided this was not the best ice cream maker. I would not recommend this product. We did not have a good experience with this product.

We could not get good ice cream because we could not get the crank to work properly.

It was not durable from the start for us.

Most aspects are easy to use except for the crank. That is not easy to use at all.

It is really not bad to clean.

Capacity
I thought the capacity on this brand was good. It will make a lot of ice cream at one time.

The crank is too loose and does not give you good ice cream.

Does a Great Job!

from Empire, AL

Comments about Aroma Ice Cream Maker:

I purchased this ice cream maker about a year ago. I could not be happier with it. Not only does this particular model have the electric motor, it also comes with the hand crank just in case you ever want to make ice cream the old fashioned way. The only thing I can think of that was a negative is that the one I purchased was black and you could clearly see where they painted over the wood as some of the wood shows through. But that in no way affects the maker and it doesn’t bother me at all. It is loud when the motor is turning but again, that does affect how the ice cream is made. It can be difficult to align the beater with the part that snaps on to spin it but once you get the hang of it, you will be good to go. This model makes 2 quarts which lasts our family of 5 about a week. I am very pleased with my ice cream maker. This is excellent for beginners because I had never made ice cream before but I was able to get right through it with no problems.

Does what it needs to do with no issues.

I have had it a year and used it numerous times and it still works fine.

This was my first time making ice cream when I purchased it and it turned out great.

The canister is easy to clean, the beater can be a bit difficult.

Capacity
Just right for us.

Looks old fashioned.

Good ice cream

Comments about Aroma Ice Cream Maker:

I bought this on sale at my local store and I liked the wooden barrel look it has on the outside. This ice cream maker only makes the ice cream as a milkshake consistency. It does not make it hard/thick. It is more like a soft-serve type of thing. Once it achieves the milkshake consistency, you have to put the ice cream in a different container of your choice and freeze it. Overall, my family loves it since we like our ice cream soft. Most of the time, we serve it in little cups when it looks like a milkshake, and then freeze it as a snack for a later time. One feature that I personally like is the clear lid which lets you see the ice cream and determine its thickness without having to stop the machine. That way it is really convenient and saves a lot of time. In addition, it is not dishwasher safe, but it is very easy to wash and clean up if washed immediately after serving ice cream.

• Capacity:

We Love this Ice Cream Maker!

Comments about Aroma Ice Cream Maker:

I received this Ice cream maker as a gift four years ago because my family LOVES ice cream! I really like how this has the option of using the electric attachment or the hand-crank. We've used the hand-crank a lot camping. It takes a long time for the ice cream to be done, but the family usually takes turns cranking while sitting around the campfire. We have homemade ice cream at almost every birthday party and it's nice to plug it in on the back patio while the party is going on. I like that the canister is more tall and skinny which makes the ice cream freeze quicker than other ice cream makers I've used before. I like the wood look, it gives it a classic, timeless feel to it. The only thing I don't like about the wood is that it does take an extra step to soak it before use so the wood can swell to prevent leaks when you put the ice and salt in. This ice cream maker does great with my mom's classic recipe, smooth and yummy every time!

• Capacity:

Smooth and creamy everytime.

Comments about Aroma Ice Cream Maker:

This ice cream maker can be either manually operated or motor operated. It tends to be fairly noisy when motor operated, and the manual method can be long and tiring. It creates very smooth and creamy ice cream.

We have had ours for four years.

It tends to be a messy process.

• Capacity:

Aroma Ice Cream Maker means it is summer time!

from Winston Salem, NC

Comments about Aroma Ice Cream Maker:

We received the Aroma Ice Cream Maker as a wedding gift last year, but were not able to use until this past Spring.  We absolutely love this ice cream maker.  I like the style - it seems old fashioned, but is definitely electric. We have made several different types of ice cream in this maker with each kind turning out fantastic.  The mixing time seems reasonable for what an ice cream maker should be.  The Aroma Ice Cream Maker is easy to store and because of the tougher exterior you can store it somewhere outside the kitchen, like the garage.  When making ice cream in the Aroma ice Cream Maker it yields enough ice-cream servings for at least eight, maybe ten, people.  The parts easily come apart in order to clean the ice cream maker well.  You will not be disappointed with the quality of this ice cream maker or the quality of the tasty ice cream it makes.  If you follow the instructions, the ice cream turns out great!

Good old-fashioned fun!

from Hillsborough, NC

Comments about Aroma Ice Cream Maker:

We bought this ice-cream maker to replace our 20 year old one that finally quit.  I did a lot of research on the freezer-bowl type, and this was one of the few ice/salt versions left.  I bought this one because we have such fond memories of layering ice and salt, and having the ice-cream maker going on the front porch while we eat dinner.  I have even brought it into my daughter's school as a project, and to help the kids understand how it is done!  Another pro of this type is keeping it in the attic, versus having to find another spot for a kitchen appliance in my small kitchen.

This freezer has worked great for us so far.  I heard a couple of reviews where the motor stuck and we have not had that problem thus far.  A couple of times we have had to loosen the cylinder because it froze stuck while getting things running, but as soon as I loosen it it works like a charm.  It is much faster than my last freezer.  So far we love it!

The Aroma Ice Cream Freezer is fun for the whole family!

from North Lauderdale, FL

Comments about Aroma Ice Cream Maker:

The Aroma Ice Cream Freezer is a very cute ice cream maker.  The outside is made to look like a barrel.  The directions are very easy to follow.  The quality of the parts are very very sturdy.  It would be nice if they included more recipes for making ice cream.  I would highly recommend this product to anyone with kids.