Other Rice Cookers & Steamers:
Aroma
Aroma ARC-717-1NG 7-Cup Rice Cooker

Aroma ARC-717-1NG 7-Cup Rice Cooker

Pros

Cons

Good value, versatile kitchen gadget.

from Indiana

Comments about Aroma ARC-717-1NG 7-Cup Rice Cooker:

I got one of these small Aroma 7 cup rice cookers when I first moved in to an apartment a few years ago. I wanted something that would help me save on space and cook without having to heat up the oven and thus kitchen. This Aroma rice cooker fit the bill. The price couldn't be beat, I think I paid somewhere around 20 bucks for it. It came with a recipe book, a rice paddle, and a steamer insert. It couldn't be easier or better to make rice with. Just plop the rice, water, oil/butter, and salt in and turn it on. The rice cooker has a safety feature that is triggered by weight (if it were to tip over the unit shuts off). It also means that there has to be enough weight to hold down the safety button so it won't burn anyone while empty.

The steamer insert was something I didn't use for a couple years but once I started using it, I really loved it. You can cook veggies and make rice at the same time! Double duty gadget plus it uses less energy. For what those in a dorm situation, this would be great. You can make pasta, mac n cheese, etc in this too!

great little cooker

from Waukegan, IL

Comments about Aroma ARC-717-1NG 7-Cup Rice Cooker:

for the price this little cooker is amazing!! my family loves rice and steamed veggies so we needed a good cooker and steamer. when i first say the cooker i was alittle unsure how well it would work because of how inexpensive it was, but it definitely proved me wrong! I also love how easy it is to use, clean, and how quickly it works. another great thing about it is that it doesnt really take up alot of space which is always a plus if kitchen space is limited

An appliance that is not worth the shelf space.

from Fort Wayne, IN

Comments about Aroma ARC-717-1NG 7-Cup Rice Cooker:

I have not been happy with the Aroma Rice Cooker after several attempts. I'd rather save my cabinet space and ditch this appliance and just use an old fashioned pot to cook my rice.

I was not pleased with how the Aroma Rice Cooker performed. Every time I used it to cook rice, it boiled over and the rice was crunchy on the bottom. I tried it several different times and always got the same result.

The pot that the rice cooks in is easy to clean because it's non-stick, but the mess it made on my counter because of it boiling over was not fun to clean.

It's easy to use and the pot is marked how far to fill it. I liked how you don't have to watch the pot cooking because it shuts off when it's done.

I only used it a handful of times so I can't vouch for how durable it is.

It's a sleek design but it takes a good amount of space in the kitchen cabinet.

Nice and compact cookware

Comments about Aroma ARC-717-1NG 7-Cup Rice Cooker:

This is a super, compact machine that allows our family to multitask where we would normally use two stove burners at a time to cook our rice and vegetables at the same time. These are often staples to our dinners, and the time and attention needed for cooking is reduced. I appreciate how the steamer has its own compartment instead of sharing just a space inside the same container with the rice. The food comes out just how we want it every time.

We have not had this machine for too long, but it seems long lasting!

The red even coordinates with our kitchen!

Makes Great Rice

from Marion, IA

Comments about Aroma ARC-717-1NG 7-Cup Rice Cooker:

This rice cooker works great. I've only used the steamer once and it didn't cook the broccoli enough but the rice cooker makes perfect rice. I was concerned about the glass lid since we had another rice cooker that clamped shut. That lid was always gunky and difficult to clean while this one I wash in the sink. I like the fact that it will keep the rice warm if I'm not ready to serve it right away.

This rice cooker has worked great since I bought it.

I don't put the parts in the dishwasher but they're super easy to wash by hand. The teflon inside helps so much!

Couldn't be easier to make rice.

Seems to be holding up great so far. We've had it 2 years.

Easy Sides in No Time!

from Salt Lake City, UT

Comments about Aroma ARC-717-1NG 7-Cup Rice Cooker:

I received an Aroma rice cooker and food steamer for my wedding several years ago. After about 5 years it still worked, but the steam escape hole had lost it's rubber seal, which allowed too much steam to escape. I decided to buy a new rice cooker. I bought a different brand and it was horrible. I promptly returned it and bought a new Aroma rice cooker and food steamer. It has a metal steam escape hole so I think they solved that problem in the newer version. I don't use the steamer often, but it is handy on occasion. I mainly use the appliance for cooking different kinds of rice. It is so incredibly easy! Just put the ingredients in and push the cook button. The Aroma rice cooker does all the work and produces delicious, perfectly cooked rice while I prepare the main dish. When you're cooking with kids underfoot you can't beat that!

Dry Rice from this Aroma Rice Cooker

from Grand Rapids, MI

Comments about Aroma ARC-717-1NG 7-Cup Rice Cooker:

I picked up this rice cooker two years ago because we were trying to eat healthier. It was a great deal but since then it has turned out too many batches of dry rice. It's pretty disheartening when your beautiful Basmati rice turns out dry and crunchy. I made sure I used the included cup to measure out both water and rice but still ended up with dry rice.

Also, after about a year my rice cooker started spraying water out of the vent hole. I would put a dish towel over it so that my counter and cupboards wouldn't get rice water all over. Needless to say, I'm back to making rice on the stove or in the oven. And it's been much better. The price was not worth the loss in quality.

Aroma Rice Cooker's steamer basket makes cooking dinner easy

from Anaheim, CA

Comments about Aroma ARC-717-1NG 7-Cup Rice Cooker:

I received the Aroma Rice Cooker (model #ARC-717-1NG) with the steamer basket as a gift several years ago. I prefer brown rice, and use it at least once a week in cooking dinner.

My favorite part is the steamer, which I realize is peculiar, since this is a rice cooker; however, while I love the rice cooker portion, the steamer basket makes cooking meals so easy. After putting the food in, I can turn it on and forget about it! Its especially convenient being able to cook rice and a vegetable at the same time, and gives me more time to focus on the main dish. The convenience of having a steamer basket allows me to eat healthier without much thought or effort. There is not a vegetable I've cooked in the steamer basket yet that hasn't turned out fabulously.

As for the rice cooker portion of the appliance, I've found it necessary to add extra water, just so the rice on the bottom of the bowl doesn't burn.

The aroma rice cooker makes rice a breeze.

from Powhatan, VA

Comments about Aroma ARC-717-1NG 7-Cup Rice Cooker:

I had another rice cooker, but it was too small if I was going to make one of my favorites, red beans & rice. I bought the Aroma because of its capacity, but it has so many other uses & features. I like to make rice & add dried cherries, chopped ginger, parsley, a little salt and pepper as a side dish (add a little extra water to allow for the dry ingrediants) to a pork tenderloin...excellent. It also has a steamer rack that allows you to steam any vegetable while you make the rice. The rice will cook with the flick of the switch. An alarm sounds when the rice has finished cooking, meaning there is 15 minutes before the rice is completely done. This allows you time to complete the rest of your meal while the rice finishes. The Aroma will keep the rice near perfect for about 2 hours in the cooker. Any leftovers can be reheated the nest day by adding a little water & putting the rice cooker on warm for about 15-20 minutes. All in all this is a can't do without item in my kitchen.