4.1
Other Rice Cookers & Steamers:
Aroma
Aroma ARC-1000 Rice Cooker

Aroma ARC-1000 Rice Cooker

4.1

Pros

Cons

You are not cooking rice if you are not using Aroma

This product lives up to it's name. It's an Aroma brand and without a doubt you'll be sensing the aroma of any rice you put in to this rice cooker. When I set the rice in this machine and leave up to the second floor to work on my computer I could smell the aroma of freshly made rice, the sent flows up the stair way, under my door, and a hand appears made out of smoke pointing and pulling me out of my seat until I levitate off the ground and hover over to the kitchen. But no seriously, the smell will stir up an apatite if you don't have one already.
The second part to the name is Rice Cooker, which this product will constantly prove it's name. The rice always cooks to perfection and I never get it too runny or uncooked.
You'll love this rice cooker or ARC-1000 isn't its middle name. (ARC-1000 is the item's model number, and I don't think it stands for anything in particular.)

You'll always get perfect rice because you'll be able to control the exact amount of water and time that it will take to cook.

Some rice might be a bit harder to wash off because it will stick to the sides of your rice cooker's bowl.

I'd say it's much easier to make rice with this machine than to manually make it on the stove top, and you won't get the great results from a stove top.

Mediocre rice cooker

My mom won this Aroma rice cooker in her company's annual christmas party three years ago. Good thing we got this rice cooker for free or we would've never buy this if we have ever tried the quality of it. It's made in china, which is fine considering the amount of items that are manufacture over there nowadays due to low cost labor, although I wouldn't agree that concept, but that's another topic for another time. Anyways this rice cooker is made of cheap plastic and it feels very flimsy when you try to open and close the lid without much force. If you do it with force, you feel like you are breaking the rice cooker's lid. But that's not the worse thing about this rice cooker. The worse thing about this rice cooker is that every night when we cook our rice, there is bound to be a spot where our rice are burnt, I have no idea how can we burned our rice with a rice cooker. Not like we cooked the rice on a pan, that's just unacceptable. Until we find a decent price of Zojirushi brand, we'll have to keep using this. I would not recommend this rice cooker to people.

Value for money.

Comments about Aroma ARC-1000 Rice Cooker:

We bought rice cooker after using Black and Decker rice cooker. We are pleased moving away and using Aroma rice cooker.
Here are some of the reasons why we prefer Aroma rice cooker over earlier rice cookers
Cooks brown rice: This system has option for brown rice. My Husband and I have become more health conscious and prefer brown rice over white. This cooker makes amazing brown rice. However, note that the cook time increases drastically.
Delay timer: We use this option all the time. I do set the timing appropriately so that the rice is cooked or almost cooked by the time I reach home. So even though brown rice does take lot of time, it is ready by the time I am home from busy day at work.
Good Nonstick quality: We have been using this rice cooker for over 2 years now. The non-stick is still in excellent condition. For the price we paid, this one has been of extreme high value.
Cons:
Cleaning: Cleaning the top inside the rice cooker is a pain as the top cannot be removed and put in dishwasher. This may be a challenge a huge deterrence for many.
Summary: overall good rice cooker. Would rate 5 if cleaning would have been easier.

Decent for price

Comments about Aroma ARC-1000 Rice Cooker:

I am awful at cooking stove top rice, so I love my rice cooker. This one does a good job for the price. It can sometimes get a bit messy if put too much water in it (it can overflow a bit to the top of the steamer), but overall, it's a great rice cooker for the price. The one drawback for me is that fact that you cannot remove the cover to help the cleaning process. I'm not sure if there are any rice cookers like that that even exist, but it would be a great feature! :)

Mediocre rice cooker

from San Gabriel, CA

You are not cooking rice if you are not using Aroma

from Everett, WA

Good for the money

from Woodland Hills, CA

Comments about Aroma ARC-1000 Rice Cooker:

Got this rice cooker about 6 months back and I would say we are kind of satisfied with this.It does its job pretty well.The best part it has options for cooking white rice and brown rice separately which is convenient.The good part is especially the brown rice,which is a tough one for cooking otherwise.But the downside is it takes about 45 mins to cook just 2-3 cups of uncooked rice which is too much.But finally after those 45 mins I would get fluffy rice which is what I want.The reason why I gave 4 stars is,one because its time consuming and second is there'll be a thin crust at the bottom which is kind of irritating.I heard the same comment from my friend too.But we can very well get a replacement vessel from amazon.So bottom-line is its ok if you are cooking more than 4 cups of rice and if you want fluffy rice.

Aroma Rice cooker works pretty good, though not perfectly

from Sandy, UT

Comments about Aroma ARC-1000 Rice Cooker:

We upgraded to the Aroma Rice cooker from our little tiny one we had. The Aroma Rice Cooker is really nice since it has a very good design. The handle feels sturdy, the whole body of it is well built and doesn't get too hot. The only thing I wish it could do is not shoot hot water from the top of it. Depending on where it's located in my house, which is usually on the counter when we're cooking, it can just make a little starchy water mess, though not too messy. Just lots of drips is all. The Aroma Rice cooker also has several buttons that can confuse you if you just had the one button model like I used to own. Once you understand what each button does exactly, it will be really nice for you. It comes with a recipe book, though the two recipes we tried didn't work well, the flavor behind each recipe is very tasty. Hopefully the next model will be easier to use.

Our family LOVES the Aroma rice cooker!

from Seattle, WA

Comments about Aroma ARC-1000 Rice Cooker:

We got our Aroma rice cooker as a wedding gift over two years ago and it's one of the appliances we use the most. We use it for white and brown rice and even quinoa. The option to do the regular cook process is great when I plan ahead, but more often, we use the "quick rice" feature that skips the soaking stage and just cooks the rice. It turns out great both ways! It's super easy to operate that my husband always uses it when it's his turn to cook for date night. The plastic spatula that it comes with it works great for scooping out the rice and not scratching the bottom of the pan. And it even has a little holder for the spatula so you don't have to put it on the counter after you've dished up your first helping. It's just propped up and waiting for you to come back for seconds! The instruction manual has been super helpful too. It gives up clear directions on how much rice-to-water ratio to use when cooking brown or white rice, both on the regular cycle and the quick cycle. The only negative that we have experienced is that the rice at the very bottom of the pan can get a little brown and burnt. We try and leave that bottom layer in the bown when dishing up the rice. It comes clean when we soak and wash it though. Thumbs up from our family!

Simple, but gets the job done

from Waltham, MA

Comments about Aroma ARC-1000 Rice Cooker:

This Aroma rice cooker is perfect for what I use it for: making a consistent batch of rice every few days for meals.

It is extremely easy to use. Put in the correct amount of rice and liquid, press the corresponding button (White Rice, Brown Rice, or Quick Rice [used if you are in a hurry but the rice doesn't come out as good]) and it will do the rest. Perfect rice every time no matter how much is in there.

My only complaint is that it is many too simple. There are really no options or adjustments you can make other than just press the corresponding button and let it do the rest. This means it doesn't work too well if I were to make not just rice in it. However, that's not a big issue for me and I love the rice it makes. Plus, the rice cooker was very inexpensive.

Easy to Use, Perfect rice every time

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Aroma ARC-1000 Rice Cooker:

My husband gave this rice cooker to me for Mother's Day, and I have loved it.  We had looked into buying a more expensive rice cooker, but finally settled on this one because we decided it might not be worth such a big investment of money.  I'm so glad that we went with this less expensive option because I couldn't be happier.  Our rice turns out perfectly every time I use it.  Plus, it is so easy to use.  It comes with a cup to measure the rice and the inside of the cooker has lines to show you how much water to put in according to how many cups of rice you put in it.  (My only complaint is that I sometimes have a difficult time seeing the lines on the inside of the rice cooker, but that's really a small issue.) After you get your rice and water in, you push one button and it cooks the rice to perfection without any further work on your part.  It is also super easy to clean.  I love, love this rice cooker, and highly recommend it to anyone.

Effortlessly makes perfect steamy fluffy rice everytime!

from Troutdale, OR

Comments about Aroma ARC-1000 Rice Cooker:

The Aroma ARC-1000 is an excellent rice cooker.  It has cool new features that make cooking perfect rice the easiest thing in the world.  You just cannot mess up this one.  The stay warm button and digital features help keep the rice steamy and fluffy for hours.  Absolutely love it !!