3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

• Minimal Side Effects:

The best way to brighten outside of your dentist's office!

I am a daily coffee and tea drinker, and I love a good glass of red wine.  However, I have fluoridosis, a condition that results from excessive fluoride.  As a kid, I got WAY too much fluoride, and most of the enamel was destroyed on my teeth as a result.  So while I've never had a cavity, my teeth absorb every single stain that food can possibly put in my mouth!  I use whitening toothpaste every time I brush, but my teeth still aren't as white as I like.  So I picked up a bottle of **Arm & Hammer Whitening Booster** after reading some really impressive reviews.

The whitening booster comes in a bottle that is stored upright.  Up to three times a day, a small amount of the booster should be squeezed on top of your regular toothpaste.  It claims to whiten three times better than the leading whitening strips.

**My take:  **I wasn't expecting a whole lot from this booster, because nothing but professional bleaching has done much for my teeth.  Whitening toothpaste has really only staved off the need to get my teeth bleached again.  But for four bucks, it was worth a try.  I also worried a little about the product making my teeth more sensitive.

After three uses, I was floored.  No sensitivity, and my teeth were remarkably whiter!  Now I can keep drinking coffee, tea, and red wine without worrying about worsening the stains!  Even after several days, still no sensitivity.  My teeth are getting whiter, but not that blinding blue-white that screams, "I just had my teeth bleached!!!"  Another thing I like is that you don't get the weird tooth bleach flavor that a lot of other whiteners have. There's a very faint baking soda hint, but it mostly just tastes like whatever toothpaste you're using.

This just climbed to the top of my "must have" products list.  I am one of the hardest customers to please when it comes to tooth whitening products because of my fluoridosis, and Arm & Hammer has produced a winner!!!

Arm and Hammer feels better than it whitens

Being from the "old school", I place implicit faith in the power of baking soda.  I come from a generation of parents and grandparents who used baking soda for everything from cleaning to food preservation.  I was not let down when I used this toothpaste in that aspect.  My mouth never felt so alive and stripped bare than it did after using this toothpaste.  My children even began brushing their teeth after every meal without being prompted when i introduced this toothpaste.  I did however notice that my teeth became highly sensitive to hot, cold and sweets after a couple weeks of the usage.  so much so, I scheduled a dental appointment thinking I had a new cavilty.  Alas, per my dentist,there was no cavity.  She informed me toothpastes and strips of this nature tend to strip light layers of the enamel to give the appearance of whitening which induces sensitivity when used regularly.  Per her direction, which I have fully endorsed since, I now use this toothpaste occasionally.  I went back to using my previous brand but use this only once per week.  This way I can still get the whitening effect without the sensitivity issue occuring so my enamel has time to "strengthen", though it never does in reality.

Nothing special....

Comments about Arm & Hammer Whitening Booster:

This product did not work for me I used it for two weeks as claimed to see results, but my teeth did not even get whiter, so I just gave up on this product. Arm and Hammer should just stick to baking soda because their brand did not really work for the teeth! It was not a very expensive product so I seen the bad results coming but I just wanted to try it because they are a very known brand. I did expect a lot of results from this brand. But I would not repurchase this product. This product also kind of burned my mouth a little bit when using it after a while. I am glad I discontinued it, it was a waste of my money. I would not recommend this product at all.

It did not work whatsoever for me. I feel it was a waste of time and money purchasing this product. Do not waste your money buying this product, you will be disappointed.

Minimal Side Effects
After two weeks of using it, it burned my mouth a little bit so I had to stop using it.

I liked it.

Comments about Arm & Hammer Whitening Booster:

Well it was definitely not the best whitening product that I have ever purchased in my life. Although I knew it probably wouldn't be, because it comes in the form of a toothpaste. I have tried several whitening toothpastes before, but arm and hammer whitening booster has been the best whitening toothpaste I have bought. I felt that this toothpaste definitely help to whiten my teeth alongside the usage of whitening strips. The toothpaste also made my mouth feel fresh and clean. I could tell after brushing that there was a slight difference immediately. If you are looking for a whitening toothpaste I would definitely recommend this brand. This toothpaste lasted me 3 months using it twice a day every day. I also felt that this product was very convenient to purchase and use. The price was also really good. I will probably purchase this product in the future again.

I did feel that this product was effective. It's not the best teeth whitening product I have ever bought but it was the best teeth whitening toothpaste I had ever bought.

• Minimal Side Effects:

Works too slow,but removes stains.

from Springdale, UT

Comments about Arm & Hammer Whitening Booster:

I used this whitening product for three whole weeks,but saw little improvement.It didn't really whiten my teeth.It more just removed the stains.I used it religiously at that.Twice a day.Once at night and once after waking up.A generous amount too.I used a quarter size each time.It just did not do for me what was promised.I figured it wouldn't work.This is one of the lower priced whitening products.It also contains really mild ingredients.It mostly just has peroxide in it.I did like the taste of it.A natural and authentic mint flavor.It also foams a lot and that sensation is enjoyable.I will continue to include it in my daily oral hygiene regimen.It is a nice addition for daily care.Like I said before,it did take care of my stains.This lasts a long time too.I haven't even used an eighth of the container.It cleans my teeth really well too.My teeth feel cleaner when I pair this with my toothpaste.

• Minimal Side Effects:

Great boost to your smile

from San Diego ca

Comments about Arm & Hammer Whitening Booster:

My teeth have always been white, but I drink a lot of tea so there not quite perfectly white. Having used this product for a while I can say that it does work when you use it consistently morning and night. Basically you put this booster on your toothbrush along side your regular toothpaste you use. Brush your teeth how you normally would and let the booster whiten your teeth. It's so easy to use and I personally think it works just as well as whitening strips. I love how I can use my regular whitening toothpaste and then add the booster with it doing it this way I saw results in a week. My dull teeth were looking bright and shiny again. I have not noticed any increase in sensitivity in my teeth since using the booster. As always the results are gradual but you will notice over time if you use it like it says on the directions. It's not time consuming at all to use I love that I'm getting a deep whitening treatment while I brush, and I don't notice any taste to this at all since I mix it with my minty toothpaste. I really enjoy using this product and I highly recommend it.

Far From The Best

Comments about Arm & Hammer Whitening Booster:

Being a smoker and drinker of coffee, I try to always keep my teeth looking their best. I wanted to try a whitener, so thought that I would give Arm & Hammer Whitening Booster a try. I do have sensitive teeth and found that after applying the Arm & Hammer, I was in awful pain. I did fight it out and continued to use the Whitening Booster but didn't get the results that I thought I would. My teeth did feel nice and clean after use, but could not tell that it was helping to whiten them any. Arm & Hammer has always made great products from health and beauty aids to household cleaning product, but I don't feel as this is one of the better products from Arm & Hammer. I was not impressed by the results of the Arm & Hammer Whitening Booster and would not purchase it again. I will definitely not be recommending this whitening booster to anyone. I feel as though it was a complete waste of time and money.

No School Like the Old School

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Arm & Hammer Whitening Booster:

Though I usually couldn't stomach the taste, my mom always encouraged me to brush my teeth using only baking soda. I always thought this was weird because baking soda was for cakes and cookies. Now, I use baking soda for everything from laundry to countertop cleaner.
I love the Arm & Hammer Whitening Booster for several reasons; it is natural, and it works!
I am pretty critical when it comes to toothpaste, and I avoid things like sodium lauryl sulfate and other carcogenic chemicals. Arm & Hammer Whitening Booster is pure, so I don't worry about putting harmful chemicals and toxins in my mouth.
The Arm & Hammer Whitening Booster is my go-to solution for tea and coffee stains on my teeth. It is safe, natural and effective.
What I love most is how easy it is to use. I just put it right on top of my toothpaste and brush as usual. No mess, no waiting!

Gets the job done easily and quickly. I know it is natural and safe for my whole family.

Convenience
I just put it directly on top of my toothpaste.

Minimal Side Effects
No burning unlike with some other tooth whitening products.

no significant results

Comments about Arm & Hammer Whitening Booster:

This product did not noticeably whiten my teeth. After orolonged use (about 4 weeks), I noticed slight surface stains were gone and/or did not show. However, I also noticed sensitive gums and a great amount of canker sores emerged throughout my mouth.

Comments about Arm & Hammer Whitening Booster:

This Arm and Hammer whitening booster helped a little. I wouldn't recommend this as a a way to whiten teeth, but it helps my toothpaste clean my teeth. This makes my toothpaste taste a lot better. I used it twice a day for about a month, and I didn't notice any difference in the color of my teeth. Although I didn't notice a difference in color, my teeth just looked cleaner. They were shinier, and they felt smoother. They felt like I had just had a cleaning at the dentist. I have had similar experiences using plain Arm and Hammer baking soda to brush my teeth. This product was better than most because there was not irritation. I have sensitive gums, and most whitening products irritate them and cause swelling. After using this twice a day, I didn't experience any problems. My husband says he has noticed a difference, but I haven't. I continue to buy this product for my husband, and I still use it occasionally because I like the way my teeth feel after.

• Minimal Side Effects:

This product can be VERY hard on teeth.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Arm & Hammer Whitening Booster:

I bought this product because it seemed to be easier to use than most teeth whiteners. There were no trays or strips to use. I just added it to my fluoride toothpaste and brushed my teeth as normal. That seems pretty easy to me. Arm and Hammer Whitening Booster was not as expensive as some other whitening products either. All of these pluses led to me purchasing this product.

I started using the whitener twice a day (you cannot use it more than three times a day, per the package instructions). After about a week, I did see some results. My teeth did seem to brighten. It was not crazy awesome, but for the price, I was happy with the results. My teeth looked even better after about three weeks. I kept using it because it did seem to work. The only issue I had with it at the time was the taste. It tasted like straight peroxide, but the toothpaste helped with that problem a lot.

After a month, I started to notice that my teeth were even more sensitive than normal, which was strange to me. I was having more pain than usual and I did not know why. Then I realized that the reason you should not use this product more than the directed amount was because it could become caustic to your teeth! I have sensitive teeth to begin with, but this product made them way more sensitive to everything. I stopped using it soon after that and I noticed that my teeth went back to normal, which was a relief. I can only assume that this product was stripping the enamel off my teeth, making the sensitivity worse. I would say, if you use this whitening booster, be very careful!

No Difference

Comments about Arm & Hammer Whitening Booster:

I've used the Arm & Hammer toothpaste line before and always liked how clean my teeth felt after brushing. The baking soda in their toothpaste was the best at removing surface stains and built up plaque. I thought I would try the whitening booster to see if I could get my teeth whiter as well. The booster is easy to use and I would keep it with the toothpaste so I would remember to use it everyday. After using this product for a month I didn't really see a difference in the color of my teeth. I also found that my gums and teeth were more sensitive to hot and cold liquids and food. I tried it for another month, but still no difference. I had to stop using it after that, because the sensitivity it created was becoming too painful. I still use the regular arm & hammer toothpaste since it does such a good job of cleaning my teeth, but I'll skip this whitening booster from now on.

The whitening booster didn't whiten or lighten my teeth at all.

Convenience
The whitening booster was easy and convenient to use and I kept it with my toothpaste so I would remember to use it daily.

Minimal Side Effects
The whitening booster seemed to cause sensitivity in my teeth and gums that became painful after two months of use.