Other Detergents:

Cons

Toss N' Done works just like it's Name

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about Arm & Hammer Toss ‘N Done Power Paks Laundry Detergent:

From time to time when these are on sale, I will use laundry packs or pods and they worked well so when there was a coupon in my Sunday paper I decided to give these a try .I find that the pods or packs are more expensive than the bottles but they are pre measured which probably saves money as my kids just like to dump the detergent in. This way they throw one in and there is no waste. They clean very well and get most stains out and they have a really nice scent.They work equally as well in hot , cold or warm water and seems to clean great in any temperature. It would be nice if they were a bit cheaper but sometimes they are on sale and you can definitely find a coupon in your Sunday paper. If I have a coupon or it is on sale , I would buy it. They could smell a bit stronger as well but the product does clean very well and I get a lot of dirty clothes in my family. They seem to be a bit harsher than some detergents and don't really think they are great for sensitive skin. The scent could be stronger also. I recommend this detergent as it does do a good job. just be careful not to touch the packs with wet hands or get any water in the container or they will all stick together.

Good Pod Option

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Arm & Hammer Toss ‘N Done Power Paks Laundry Detergent:

I absolutely love pod laundry detergents. They are so easy to use and I love that I don't have to measure liquid and spill it everywhere. Arm & Hammer's Toss 'N Done pods are an interesting new addition to the lineup.

I really liked that these dissolve in the wash. Many other brands leave part of a pod that has not dissolved, but these dissolve completely every time. I have never had to rewash anything due to an undissolved pod.

Since I have a front load washer I always make sure to place my pod (or pods) on the bottom of the drum before I add my laundry. That seems to make a difference with dissolving. I always make sure to use hot water when using these too, which helps them to dissolve thoroughly.

Supposedly you can use just one pod but I always use two pods in large loads, like I do with other brands.

The effectiveness is not quite up to part though. They do clean okay, but they're not for really heavy duty cleaning of items with dirt or food on them. For sheets and towels they do a fine job.

Overall these are a good pod option but not for those with really dirty laundry.

Great clean but be cautious!

from Eastlake, OH

Comments about Arm & Hammer Toss ‘N Done Power Paks Laundry Detergent:

Certainly these are far more economical than the leading detergent "pod: type packaging. I did get some very good results with these. Kept my husband's work clothes a lot cleaner than the bargain detergents and the convenience of them was great: no wasted detergent from pouring into the messy caps. However, you do have to exercise some caution when using these. If you put the clothes in first, then toss in the pod, the clothes resting near the pack may get some streaking on them from the detergent. This was remedied by filling up the machine first, letting the pack dissolve a bit, then throwing the clothes in.

I got a really nice clean from this detergent. It was nice to literally toss the pack in and not have to deal with the messy cap or trying to eyeball how much detergent to put in. Yes, the packs did a nice job of removing all the stubborn residue of my husband's dirty construction clothes. Left my kitchen towels and washcloths much brighter after a messy cleanup of spaghetti sauce. However, as I mentioned above, please be careful to fully fill up the washing machine before tossing in your clothes. For the first few loads I used the packs, the clothes resting by the packs had streaks on them from the detergent. The clothes rinsed out unharmed, but save yourself the extra step.

Average scent for a detergent. Made the clothes smell really clean coming out of the washing machine but I didn't notice much fragrance by the time I got them out of the dryer. My sensitive skin did not have any irritation from the dyes or scent.

These work okay for a detergent pack.

from West Virginia

Comments about Arm & Hammer Toss ‘N Done Power Paks Laundry Detergent:

These have been one of the better finds for me as far as laundry packs go. I've used several that leave behind part of the pack and do not dissolve. This dissolves in the wash every time.

These pods just have one product inside which is why I feel they dissolved so well. Other pods tend to have two or three different products inside the pod.

With these, it recommends only using one pod no matter what the load size. I tend to use one with small and medium loads but with large and extra large loads I always toss in two. I haven't noticed it causing any excess suds.

I don't have any real complaints with this product. It dissolves well in the wash so long as the pod is tossed in first. I do notice these need warm water to really do their best. Cold water doesn't quite dissolve the pod entirely in the wash.

The formula in these is one complete formula that has scrubbers and baking soda to do what it needs to do.

The scent on these doesn't last long enough. The smell is great but it doesn't seem to have an impact in the long run. After I rinse my clothes and throw them in the dryer, the smell is completely faded.

They do a good job on regular laundry. They're not the best for hard stains. They don't work so well in cold water but they're awesome for warm water washes.

I like the scent of these but it doesn't have staying power. It's fresh smelling but after the clothes are put in the dryer, the scent fades quickly.

Arm & Hammer Toss 'N Done Detergent is very convenient

Comments about Arm & Hammer Toss ‘N Done Power Paks Laundry Detergent:

Arm & Hammer Toss 'N Done Detergent is very convenient. I like the idea of just loading the clothes into the washing machine, then "tossing" in one of these packs and hitting the start button. It's like of like that "As Seen On TV" commercial slogan that you just "Set it and forget it". But in this case you just "Toss it and forget it".

The detergent does a good job. It thoroughly cleans the clothes. And the scent is acceptable. But I have become accustomed to the scent of my regular detergent, so I do prefer the scent of what I usually use.

I bought this product because the store was having an extremely deeply discounted price for it. I figured I would try it and if I didn't like it, I could just use the packs when I washing things I didn't care very much about (like if I washed rags or the towels we use to dry the car).

They were a great value when I bought them at the discounted price. But they aren't such a great value at regular price. And because the packs have a predetermined amount of detergent in them, sometimes you use too much for a small load. And If I wash a large load of heavily soiled items (work clothes jeans, etc), I have to use TWO packs when one and a half would be the right amount.

So the thing that is best about the pre-portioned product is also the worst thing about the product. I give it a score of 8 because it's a good product. But sometimes I need to use a little more or a little less detergent in a particular load.

Arm & Hammer Toss N Done Power Paks Laundry Detergent

Comments about Arm & Hammer Toss ‘N Done Power Paks Laundry Detergent:

I've used these power paks for many years now and absolutely love the results. I enjoy the fact that I can just use one per load. This way I do not have to be concerned about my children wasting laundry detergent. My clothes get really clean and if I am really concerned about heavy soiled clothes, I can just toss another in the load. I notice that it removes stains and my laundry smells fresh when I take it out of the dryer. There are sixty in this pak which means that I can actually wash six loads of clothes.

They are not expensive and they are not the cheaper brands of laundry detergent that don't really work. They are not expensive as others so they fall somewhere in between most detergents in terms of how much I pay. My clothes are clean and fresh especially with the baking soda in the detergent. These paks are fast and convenient. They are affordable and get the job done.

Bought for a cheap price, would use again.

from Ohio

Comments about Arm & Hammer Toss ‘N Done Power Paks Laundry Detergent:

I use all different kinds of laundry detergents and detergent pods. Arm and hammer is a very wonderful and trusted brand, so I used some coupons and bought these VERY cheap. Overall I was pretty happy with them for the price I paid. These little pods actually stood out to me by all the different cleaning powers they have in them.

I really like the performance from these little Arm and Hammer power packs. I have a messy two year old little girl and they tackle even the toughest stains. I usually use about two power packs in each load for a better cleaning performance (even though it calls for one for small-large loads) I like heavy duty cleaners so I know our clothes are getting the best cleaning treatment, these do exactly that. Another thing I really love about these is that they do not irritate my daughters sensitive skin in any way, which is a huge deal to me!

I was very disappointed with the scent power for these power packs. When you open the bag the scent is nice and refreshing, but when they come out of the washer and dryer, the scent is gone. I have to use extra scent boosters when I use these because I enjoy the smell of fresh clean laundry and unfortunately, these just don't have that smell.

Super convienent! My 13 year old is able to do her OWN laundry!

Comments about Arm & Hammer Toss ‘N Done Power Paks Laundry Detergent:

I had been wanting to try it when I first saw coupons for other brands. When there was a sale nearby with a coupon for Arm & Hammer's version, I was really excited! I am very loyal to the brand due to it being wonderful for sensitive skin, a clean fragrance, and a great price. But, these little packets are great for my daughter to be able to do her own laundry without me watching over her pouring liquid into a cup (or over-pouring a large bottle for her little hands) and my husband cannot mess it up, either. It smells great, cleans wonderfully, dissolves perfectly, and incredibly simple! Two thumbs up from free-from-pouring hands!

Cannot ask for anything more! Dissolves as it should, cleans as it should, smells wonderful as it should and is easy as it claims is should be. Blankets, towels, and clothing all come out soft, clean, and completely free of soap instead of having some left over when there is too much liquid of powder spilled into the wash.

I have loved the scent of Arm & Hammer since I started using it. It's amazing that they were able to cram the usual scent into that little squishy packet. Maybe it's just me, but from what I have read, others believe the scent isn't strong. I have a powerful sense of smell, so I feel that the scent is perfectly strong with that wonderful fresh and clean scent!

Easy to use, smells good and cleans clothes

Comments about Arm & Hammer Toss ‘N Done Power Paks Laundry Detergent:

My grocery store had these on sale buy one, get one free so I decided to try them and am very glad I did. You just throw one pack into the washer while it is filling with water, and about half an hour later the clothes not only come out clean -- they also smell good. One added bonus is that this detergent does not irritate any of my numerous allergies. I definitely will buy them again.

I like the convenience, but wish they had a stronger scent.

from Camp Lejeune, NC

Comments about Arm & Hammer Toss ‘N Done Power Paks Laundry Detergent:

I got a 60-pack bag of **Arm & Hammer Toss 'N Done Laundry Detergent Power Paks** for a great price, so I bought two bags. I'm not brand-loyal when it comes to laundry detergent, so when I factor in the value of this inexpensive product for how much I get AND it cleans my clothes, I'll still give it a decent rating despite the fact that I wish it had a stronger scent. This single-use, pod-like laundry detergent features:

- Deep Cleaning Micro Crystals
- Baking Soda Boosters
- Clean Burst scent

I am lucky in the fact that my family rarely has stained clothes. The laundry gods seem to always be looking out for me, so I don't know how well this works on major stains, but for regular washing, it's great. It makes funky towels not smell funky and it doesn't seem to affect the color of my clothes. I also like that the directions say to use one pak for both regular and large loads. You only need to add two paks when you have "heavily soiled" loads. I guess that's because this is a concentrated detergent, according to the bag.

Scent is the bummer of this product. The Clean Burst scent smells great in the bag and on my wet clothes when I take them out of the washer, but the scent is completely gone when I take my clothes out of the dryer. I like the Clean Burst scent because it smells clean and fresh, like laundry should, so it's a definite bummer the scent doesn't adhere to the clothes.