4.9

Cons

My Mother Was Right

from Montreal Quebec

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Gets Stains Out
  • Great Scent
  • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
  • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Cleaning
    • Dorm
    • Home
    • Laundry Room

Comments about Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda:

My Mother was right. She swore that using this product, Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda, would help to keep my clothes super white and very clean. At the time I really thought she was just old fashioned. Boy was I ever wrong. I have two teen-aged children living with me and they make everything dirty. I no sooner do a load of laundry and they have once again filled the basket. Using Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda in the laundry not only cleans the clothes very well but neutralizes any bad smells and leaves a fresh scent behind. I like to make a paste out of it and rub it into bad stains. I leave the treatment alone for about twenty minutes before throwing it into the machine. Sometimes I have to apply a second paste treatment but usually once is enough. I like to use it when I wash sheets and whites. Everything looks bright and crisp and that makes me very happy. I can use it on delicate clothing as well knowing it wont harm the fabric. Try pre-soaking socks in a bucket of hot water and some dissolved Arm & Hammer, it works very well.

Great Multi-Use Product

Comments about Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda:

I use Arm & Hammer Baking soda all around my house, not just for laundry! I use this on my stovetop, pans, clothing, and more. When I do laundry, baking soda makes my whites so much whiter and removes stains better than many other products. If I have a stain on a piece of clothing I often will wet the stain, pour some baking soda on it, and scrub. This helps to remove even hard to remove stains. If you need something to whiten your whites or to help remove stains I would definitely recommend Arm & Hammer baking soda. It is such a multi-purpose product that you will find yourself using all over the house, not just for your laundry!

Arm & Hammer baking soda not only works wonderfuly to remove stains from clothing and to whiten whites, but it is also great for removing stains on your stove top and for cleaning pans.

This product does not have much of a scent, if anything just a light fresh scent.

The greatest thing for laundry

from Dallas,TX

Comments about Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda:

This is an awesome product, not just for laundry. You can use it to clean yiur stainless steel pots or stovetops. Using it on your laundry will leave your clothes stain free, soft and smelling great!

I think it is so effective. It has kept my laundry so clean. It truly does work on stains. It definitely makes your whites a lot brighter. You do have to be careful not to add it directly onto some colored clothes because it does have a bleach like quality. I make my own detergent and use it in the mixture. It is very powder like and not as light as detergent, but it still works wonders. I use it to clean my stainless steel stovetop and it does an amazing job. Arm & Hammer is a trusted brand and that is what convinced me to purchase it. It is an amazing product and very inexpensive. A little bit goes a long way.

I love the scent. It is not too strong, but has a nice fresh scent. It leaves my clothes smelling fresh. It also leaves my clothes pretty soft.

Great stain remover

from Grand Rapids, MI

Comments about Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda:

I started using this product when I made my own laundry detergent. I didn't like making my own detergent so I had a lot left over. I did some research on what I could use it for and was surprised at all the uses it has. I was a user of oxi-clean and products like that. I now using super washing soda in place of that. It costs so much less and works just as good if not better. One downfall is not every store carries super washing soda, so I have to plan when I need it. I typically use this in my washing machine and as a pretreated option. When I pretreat I usually make a paste out of it and let it sit on the stain. Works great on baby stains, especially those formulas and spit up stains. I don't cloth diaper so I am not sure how it works on getting those clean. I have been very happy with this product and will continue to use it on the future. I would recommend this product to others. Great product!

Arm and Hammer Super Washing Soda

Comments about Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda:

I use this product for just about every one of my homemade projects at home. I have a son who has extremely sensitive skin and I have to make most of his products for his skin. I use this product for homemade laundry detergent, and homemade dishwasher detergent. If you are looking for a product that will clean well; this is it. If you are looking for a product to add the suds to your homemade products; this is not it. However, it do recommend it!

Everything I have used Arm and Hammer Super Washing Soda for has come out clean. I have never had a problem with this product, and I love it. I keep it on hand for when the laundry detergent gets low or the dishwasher detergent runs out (which is often, I make it in small quantities.).

The scent is kind of strong when making products with this washing soda. I believe that is because of the chemicals in it, not because it has fragrances added to it. I use it for my sons laundry detergent I make at home, so I know the scent is ok for sensitive skin. I would not use it directly on the skin. Wear gloves when adding it to products your are making at home.

Literally Hundreds of Uses.

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda:

Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda is great to use in conjunction with your regular laundry detergent, or can even be used separately with borax to make your own laundry detergent out of. You can also use this to get whites even whiter instead of using bleach, and deodorizing the laundry or other areas of the house. There is a variety of other used for Arm&Hammer Washing Soda. It can be used with vinegar and boiling hot water to clear stubborn drains. Baking soda and vinegar will fizz and together to clear tough clogs in pipes as I've learned from the internet. I never buy or use harsh chemicals like Drano anymore. Instead I use this because Drano is very bad on drains and wears away pipes. This has many, many uses. Just Google the brand name like I do, and you will find literally hundreds of uses for it that are better and cheaper than using other products.

This is a powerful cleaner, either combined with other items like vinegar or borax, or it can be just as good when you use it alone to deodorize. It also does a wonderful job boosting the cleaning power of regular laundry detergent, and it's better for clothes than using bleach to brighten whites.

It really doesn't have a scent, but it does seem to freshen whatever you use it on.

Helps whiten my whites.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda:

This was the secret that my great grandma, grandma, and mother all have used for generations to be able to keep all of our delicate clothes white and make sure they are vibrant and last a long time. This is basically baking soda, the same stuff that has so many millions of uses and works great on all of them. This is something that you add along with your other detergent or bleach in your washer. This is the best thing in my arsenal to take out stains from socks, this gets even grass stains out of my kids socks and makes them look beautiful and bright for a long time, they never stay dingy and stained for long when I use this. You simply add it in to your washing machine according to the package and you are good to go, it does the rest. If you have a very bad set in stain you can make a little paste with this by mixing it with some water and then you put it on the stain and let it sit for about an hour, this will take it out. I do not use this on colors though, I have not had good experiences with it on colors.

great multi use product.

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda:

The Arm & Hammer Super Washing Detergent can be used for many things besides washing laundry. I use the super washing detergent to not only wash my clothes but I also use it to clean off my stove top. It gets all of that grease and grime off of my stove without having to scrub it. I also like to use it to clean my bathroom. The baking soda formula does a great job at cleaning my sinks, and even the shower. I also use it to clean stains out of my carpet. I just sprinkle a little over, and scrub and it gets rid of the stain quickly. It also gets rid of pet odors as well.

When I use it with my laundry it does an amazing job at cleaning them without over washing them or damaging them. I find when I use this my clothes look cleaner and brighter without that overly fragrant smell to them.

If you don't already have this in your household I would suggest picking it up because it can be used for so man different things.

The great thing about the Super Washing Detergent is that you can use it alone, or you can add it to your favorite detergent to get an extra clean boost.

I like it better then regular detergent, because it's less harsh and it gets your clothes really clean without any stains leftover. The baking soda formula made my clothes look cleaner and brighter then they were before so that was a plus.

I like that the Super Washing Soda doesn't have any scent to it really. It's more a like a light or mild fresh clean scent. It's great for people who don't like added scents on their clean clothes or who are sensitive to fragrances. It's great for people who have sensitive skin and noses.

Does its job.

Comments about Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda:

I am usually not a fan of powder laundry detergents because they usually just do not work as well as liquid detergents do, but I grabbed this one as a way of testing it because powders are a little less expensive then liquids and I tend to gravitate toward Arm and Hammer items. Although I am not sure if I will switch from liquid detergent to powder, but this detergent worked great! It made my clothing smell nice bad get clean. It also seemed to make my white clothing appear brighter!

It worked fantastically. It really cleaned every item of my clothing and made them appear to be brighter. This powder really worked on my clothing and it did not take a whole lot of the detergent for it to clean them.

While, the performance of this detergent was good, there really is not much to say about the scent, other then it could have been a bit better. Yes, it did make my clothing smell nice, but it was just a clean scent there really was not a particular signature scent, other then the hinted smell of baking soda.

Perfect as usual with this brand!

Comments about Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda:

Usually I have a specific set of products that I enjoy using and that are effective to a satisfactory degree, but whenever I see an Arm & Hammer product I instantly want to try it. I buy their toothpaste, their deodorant, and their baking powder of course, but I had never even heard of this until I saw it sitting next to the borax on the store's shelf.

I was confident that I was getting a good deal the moment I put it in the cart, and I wasn't wrong. Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda is like enhanced baking soda. I used some of this mixed with borax laundry detergent and it actually got the dingiest whites back to looking near new! No other cleaner has ever done that nor does borax alone manage such a feat.

It saved our dingy white towels that I was thinking of throwing away, and it is also safe on colors that usually fade using other washing detergents. If you have musky smells on your clothing or bedding, just throw in this washing soda and it will clear up any scents that have lingered with other detergents.

I have also used this stuff as carpet cleaner. Just sprinkle dry on the floor, wait a while, the go back to vacuum. It will freshen the entire room. This is also excellent for making your own washing detergent by mixing it with borax and a bar soap of your choice.

I have cleaned the shower, sink, and toilet with much success with this product as well.
    It's just as multipurpose as baking soda for house cleaning needs.

Not disappointed. Can freshen old musky clothing, whiten whites, and freshen garbage cans.

I personally didn't smell a specific scent as much as I noticed everything is fresher.