Other Electric Toothbrushes:

Arm & Hammer SpinBrush Pro Whitening Toothbrush

Pros

Cons

• Performance/Cleaning:

Saga of my SpinBrush: it lasts and lasts if you keep it clean.

My **Crest SpinBrush Pro**'s still spinning after 48 batteries and mold!

My **Crest SpinBrush Pro**'s still spinning after 48 batteries and mold!

So many plastic products fizzle in months then land, *forever*, on the non-biodegradable pile at the dump.  So, bravo to **Crest** for a cordless toothbrush that can last for years *IF* you work at it.

The **SpinBrush** has two moving brushes which do a great cleaning job while you just hang on to the handle.  My dental hygienist reminds me not to brush back and forth with the **SpinBrush**, but to let IT brush as I periodically, *lightly* move it from tooth to tooth.  I look for the *Extra Soft brush* when I need refills.  The Extra Soft bristles works really well for me, but firmer bristles are available as well.

Since I doubt that I'm the only slob with toothpaste dripping off my toothbrush, I need to let you know what happens to my **SpinBrush** when it has had it with moisture.  Gross but true, it starts to smell like dirty laundry.  In most cases, bacteria are having a convention around the on-and-off switch.  After I track the smell down, I'll notice that the switch often has toothpaste around its inner rim.  I remove the handle and, with a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol, clean the area thoroughly, moving the switch both up and back so I get it all.  Occasionally, I swab out the battery compartment at the same time.

Recently, my **SpinBrush** had a new smell -- this one in the place where the brush unit snaps on to the handle.  This bacterial confection was reallllly stinky.  When I finally tracked it down, I tried to soak the handle and the brush bottom in alcohol and managed to spill it all over my kitchen counter (many curses).

TunefulPal came to the rescue with *Efferdent* tablets.  The joining pieces of the **SpinBrush** were soaked in hot water with the *Efferdent* over night.  The odor has disappeared, the pieces have dried out thoroughly for several days, and I'm ready to assemble and get back to **SpinBrush**ing.

In the interim, I used a ***PlakSmacker  ***[www.viewpoints.com/Plaksmacker-ADA-accepted-Toothbrushes-dental-products-review-056d2][1] ,  a plain old toothbrush given me by my hygientist.  ***PlakSmacker*** is a fine product, lightweight in the hand, easy to keep dry, and powered by me rather than that evergrowing collection of dead batteries (which I *do* recycle).

I plan on keeping both the **SpinBrush** and the ***PlakSmacker*** handy. I like the fact that it's possible to brush with ease and comfort using either!

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Plaksmacker-ADA-accepted-Toothbrushes-dental-products-review-056d2

Not good for whitening, but excellent for cleaning teeth/gums

I purchased the Crest Spinbrush Pro Whitening toothbrush because I wanted something that was battery operated and didn't require manual brushing.

Although the pro whitening spinbrush is excellent for cleaning teeth (with my Colgate Total Advanced plus whitening toothpaste) I have not noticed that my teeth are any whiter.

I guess this product is supposed to be used with the crest whitening strips, rinse, and tooth paste.

However, I have a tendency to be allergic to Crest products and have been since I was a child. So I can only give the Spinbrush Pro Whitening Toothbrush an average rating for these reasons.

First time to try an electric toothbrush, now it's all I use!

from Stella, MO

Comments about Arm & Hammer SpinBrush Pro Whitening Toothbrush:

I'm impressed! I never thought I would use an electric toothbrush, in fact, I always thought they were for kids. No so! I was having trouble getting the backs of my teeth, and drink a lot of coffee, so knew there were stains. Mainly though, I was brushing so hard with my toothbrush that I was pushing up my gums and causing them to recede--yikes! I figured if I used something that kept me from pushing too hard it would help. This Spinbrush has two actions--the top spins, and the back bristles vibrate, which is very effective. No more pushing too hard! I liked it so much I got my mother one, because she has arthritis in her hands and had difficulty brushing her teeth.

Performance/Cleaning
Allllmost a 10, but being a bit larger, some spots are kind of hard to reach around at the right angle. Does a great job cleaning though, and my teeth don't ever feel grungy anymore.

I haven't had it long enough to really know yet, but it seems very durable.

Enjoy the Clean Boost of Spinbrush

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Arm & Hammer SpinBrush Pro Whitening Toothbrush:

My dad recently gave me this toothbrush - it's a battery powered spinbrush by Arm and Hammer. You put the toothpaste on the bristles and be sure to put it in your mouth before turning it on! The double head spin really works around your teeth and gums. I really get a good feeling of clean with this toothbrush.

I probably wouldn't have bought this on my own - it'll be expensive enough to keep up with the battery and brush head replacements, but now that I have grown used to using it I can see myself continuing to do so. I can't claim that it's made my teeth whiter but it certainly provides a cleaner feeling in my mouth after use.

There's an easily removable plastic cover for the brush head to keep it clean. The handle is too thick for many traditional brush-holders unless they are completely open. I can't compare this to bigger names electric toothbrushes but I really like this spin-pro.

Pretty good!

Comments about Arm & Hammer SpinBrush Pro Whitening Toothbrush:

The Arm & Hammer SpinBrush Pro Whitening Toothbrush cleans my teeth pretty good! After using this electric toothbrush, it's as if I just went to the dentist and got my teeth cleaned. However, the downside of this toothbrush is that the battery dies easily.

• Performance/Cleaning:

A great product for a great value

Comments about Arm & Hammer SpinBrush Pro Whitening Toothbrush:

I love the way an electric toothbrush feels. Unfortunately several electric toothbrushes are extremely expensive. I love the arm and hammer spinbrush pro whitening toothbrush! It is an affordable electric toothbrush that really works. I love that this toothbrush made my teeth feel so clean and fresh. I feel that with this particular toothbrush my teeth did get cleaner than using a standard toothbrush! It had gentle bristles and put just enough pressure where needed. This toothbrush is also extremely easy to use. It is already assembled so you don't have to change the bristles. This toothbrush is not only convenient to use, but it's also extremely convenient to purchase. You can purchase this toothbrush from most grocery stores or pharmacies. I would highly recommend this toothbrush for anyone looking to get a cleaner and whiter smile!

Great cleaning performance!

My toothbrush lasted me for three months!

• Performance/Cleaning:

Best toothbrush on the market!

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Arm & Hammer SpinBrush Pro Whitening Toothbrush:

I bough the Arm & Hammer Spin brush to go along with my new Arm & Hammer Whitening toothpaste. I was tired of using regular toothbrushes that didn't get my teeth clean enough feelings. After using the Arm & Hammer Spin Brush a few times I was in love with it. I noticed a big difference in how much cleaner my teeth got. This toothbrush reached spaces that my other cheap toothbrush couldn't get to. I actually enjoy brushing my teeth now that I have a better toothbrush. It gets rid of all the plaque and bacteria on my teeth. My teeth overall look a lot healthier, cleaner, whiter, and brighter just from changing my toothbrush. My gums don't bleed anymore, and my mouth feels overall a lot fresher. My dentist even complimented me on how much of a better job I've been doing on taking care of my teeth. I also like that I can change the head of the toothbrush whenever I want to, because i'm a hygiene freak.

I will never go back to using a regular toothbrush, and would definitely recommend to try out this toothbrush. It is inexpensive for a spinning brush, and it's totally worth it!

Performance/Cleaning
It does a much better job at cleaning my teeth then a regular toothbrush does. My teeth look and feel a lot cleaner. This toothbrush does a great job at reaching places that a regular toothbrush wouldn't.

It lasts a long time, but you have to change the batteries every month. And I like to replace the head of my toothbrush fairly often too.

Love this toothbrush

Comments about Arm & Hammer SpinBrush Pro Whitening Toothbrush:

The Arm & Hammer SpinBrush pro toothbrush caught my attention while I was browsing my local wal-mart one afternoon for a new tooth brush. I have been more than pleased with this battery operated toothbrush. I was extremely pleased to discover that this toothbrush included heads for medium as well as sensitive teeth and the extra replacements since my gums and teeth seem to be more sensitive than most. It has a dual action head to help clean deep in between your teeth and around your gums. The rotating action heads also help to fight plaque from building up on the surface of your teeth. The only down side to the Arm & Hammer spin brush pro is that the batteries don't last longer than approximately a month. I actually went back to the store and bought 2 more of these for the rest of the family because I like mine so much. I would recommend the Arm & Hammer SpinBrush Pro whitening toothbrush to anyone looking for a great battery powered toothbrush at a very reasonable price.

• Performance/Cleaning:

Very affordable, but not meant for longer teeth or endurance.

from Pasadena, CA

Comments about Arm & Hammer SpinBrush Pro Whitening Toothbrush:

My aunt recommended I use the Spinbrush and she bought it for me as a gift, especially cause I had just had a root canal done and was searching for a good electric toothbrush. My teeth hygiene is pretty good considering I brush twice a day and floss every night. However, I suppose my teeth are a bit larger and longer than most, and because of this, the Spinbrush's bristles are too short to reach my gums and give me that "clean" feeling everyone else is raving about. Also, I have replaced the batteries for this brush twice and I've only had it for about 2 months. The battery power does not last very long at all! To solve this problem, I plan on purchasing some rechargeable AA batteries, which will be sort of a pricey solution, but it's worth it to keep this toothbrush running for a longer while.

• Performance/Cleaning:

A good tooth brush for a perfect tooth brushing

Comments about Arm & Hammer SpinBrush Pro Whitening Toothbrush:

I use to have a lot of difficulties brushing my mouth and getting to all the different areas in my mouth. After recieving training from my dentist on how to brush correctly and how to use the dental floss, I was still unable to do it right. Although I tried to brush atleast twice a day, my dentist would still complain about some dental build ups. My husband bought me one of this Arm & Hammer SpinBrush Pro Whitening Toothbrush because he knows I love everything Arm & Hammer. With this tooth brush, I have been able to get to most parts of my mouth. I try to use the spin brush very well at the back of my mouth in those areas I have difficulties in when flossing. I also try to change my tooth brush as much as I can, only that it is a little more costly than the ordinary tooth brushes I used before.

This tooth brush last long, but cannot be used for ever, so I try get a new one as much as I can.

The Only Toothbrush For Me

Comments about Arm & Hammer SpinBrush Pro Whitening Toothbrush:

Being a smoker and coffee drinker, I always try to find the best teeth whitening products. I had a coupon for the Arm & Hammer SpinBrush Pro Whitening Toothbrush, so decided that I would give it a try. I have to say that the SpinBrush Pro did give me great results. The Arm & Hammer SpinBrush Pro Whitening Toothbrush worked great, it had lots of power and cleaned my teeth very well. The design of the toothbrush is great and very easy to hold, it's not big and bulky like some others that I have tried in the past. The SpinBrush Pro is very powerful and fast. After using, my mouth always feels clean and fresh. I have been using the Arm & Hammer SpinBrush Pro Whitening Toothbrush for a few years now and have been very satisfied. I would recommend the Arm & Hammer SpinBrush Pro Whitening Toothbrush to anyone. This toothbrush is just as good as the more expensive brands and give you the same great results.

• Performance/Cleaning:

Wouldn't purchase this again.

Comments about Arm & Hammer SpinBrush Pro Whitening Toothbrush:

This toothbrush did not have the power of other similar toothbrushes. It was very hard on the gums without really getting the teeth clean. My gums ached whenever I used it and my last check-up showed my gums were really taking a beating. Definitely not worth it.

Performance/Cleaning
This toothbrush did not get my teeth clean while being very hard on my gums.

This toothbrush is durable, but I could never tell when I needed to put in new batteries. No indicator whatsoever.