3.9
Other Toothpastes:
Arm & Hammer

3.9

Very beneficial!

This toothpaste is great! I requested this sample to help with my sensitive teeth and after a week of use it worked like a charm! After I used it 3 times my teeth were sparkly clean and really and I mean really white. This toothpaste provides maximum relief without a prescription conveniently. I enjoy how it contains Orajel (which is a really good pain reliever for the teeth). This product builds increasing protection against painful teeth to cold, heat, acids, sweets or contacts. It even aids in preventing dental/tooth decay. The only bad thing about this toothpaste is the taste. The taste isn't that appealing because it contains baking soda. The flavor I got was mint. I would recommend this product to a group of people that would like their sensitive teeth under control and can gain whiter, stronger teeth at the same time. I also use this toothpaste to get rid of pimples (on my face). If you apply it to the area and leave it on over night, the blemish should be gone by the time you wake up in the morning. I only recommend that remedy to people who don't have sensitive skin.

Thought it was for sensitive teeth - not making them that way.

My dentist told me to buy toothpaste for sensitive teeth. I have some of that recession along with the whole rest of the economy. That means my mouth is kind of touchy, and gas prices are ticking me off too.

I've tried a couple of sensi-toothpastes. They all work, according to my dental cleaner lady, by coating my mouth with some herbals. This keep my mouth happy and healthy and toughens the gums up. I can brush and go to the dentist without freaking.

Perhaps they left the herbal coating out of Arm & Hammer. Or, maybe they consider baking soda (gritty as that is) to be herbal.

Well, who knows? Not me. Maybe Arm & Hammer.

All I do know is that after using this for a couple of weeks, my gums hurt.

My gums did not hurt with regular old garden-variety toothpaste. I was just a bit touchy at the dentist's office. That old dental pick stood my hair on end. They thought a toothpaste for sensitive gums might be good. I figured it was no big deal. I started doing that. I liked the others. They did seem to help.

Arm & Hammer Sensitive not only did not help, it now has my gums touchy when I breath or cough or talk. I might as well have been brushing with sandpaper. That's how it feels. The only change I've made is the toothpaste, so I am headed to the store tomorrow to get something else. My gums are a bit sensitive, but they are downright hurting now. I am sure it's the Arm & Hammer toothpaste. Maybe they meant it would make me sensitive instead of fixing sensative. That's how it worked out anyhow.

Really liked it

Comments about Arm & Hammer Sensitive Advance White Toothpaste:

I started using this toothpaste, Arm and Hammer Sensitive Advance Whitening Toothpaste, just a little bit ago and for a toothpaste, I really like it. The taste of it is nice and minty. My breath feels fresh for a couple hours after, that is if I don't eat or drink in that time. I also have noticed that several hours after I brush my teeth, even with eating and drinking throughout that time, my teeth still feel smooth and clean which is a must for me. I hate the plaquey feeling on my teeth. As for the sensitive part about it, I have one spot in a back tooth that is sensitive to the touch. This spot hasn't bothered me once since I started using this toothpaste. I'm still keeping an eye on the whitening aspect, but I will admit that I have tried other whitening toothpastes before and I've never really been able to see a big difference with any of them. I will, however, definitely keep using this toothpaste because of the other good qualities.

from Chesapeake, VA

Comments about Arm & Hammer Sensitive Advance White Toothpaste:

My overall review of this product's main selling points: !(1) Does it whiten teeth? No, my teeth were not noticeably whiter. I think if you're looking for movie-star white teeth, that probably requires professional bleaching or bonding. But that really wasn't the reason I tried this toothpaste. (2) Tooth sensitivity: I had a crown fall off, and the temporary one would not stay on. I had sensitivity around the post where the crown was, and had to try something that wouldn't inflame the tooth even more, because I was brushing more frequently to keep the area clean. This toothpaste is very thick; the consistency was like children's kindergarten paste. The taste was the worst part - if you've ever tried to drink an antacid that dissolves in water
Does it help numb my sensitive teeth? Not all that much.

Very beneficial!

Comments about Arm & Hammer Sensitive Advance White Toothpaste:

great product by a brand i trust!

Comments about Arm & Hammer Sensitive Advance White Toothpaste:

I am highly satisfied with this Arm & Hammer toothpaste, I have always used Arm & Hammer toothpaste but was overjoyed to learn they now offer a sensitive variety. I have such sensitivity especially in the back of my teeth and this seems to help. The flavor is somewhat flat, it is not minty, but it does not taste like a toothbrush full of baking soda. I am ok with the flavor but do not expect a real minty fresh taste. That is the one thing that I would like to see improved with it as sometimes after I brush I wish that I felt a little fresher but I know that it is doing it's job so I take the good with the bad. I find the Arm & Hammer brand to be reliable and I trust that they have the consumers best interest at heart. I think that is why they have been in business for so many years. I have tried other sensitive toothpastes but this one is the best that I have tried so far, which is now my go to toothpaste.

Works great but tastes horrible

from Port Lavaca, TX

Comments about Arm & Hammer Sensitive Advance White Toothpaste:

Let me start by saying I have extremely sensitive teeth. Like drinking a glass of room temperature water requires me to take one drink at a time and do my best to avoid contact with my teeth sensitive. I have always been skeptical of sensitive toothpastes but heard from one of my friends that she received a sample and used it for a week and noticed a difference so I decided to try it. Sure enough about a week later I was able to drink an entire glass of water without stopping in between each drink. I am just now getting to the last few uses of the tube and have noticed a lot of difference. I am able to drink hot coffee, drink iced beverages, and even eat ice cream. I'm not sure about the whitening but honestly haven't really been paying attention. I haven't had anyone tell me that my teeth are looking whiter, but who knows? One thing I do know is that this toothpaste tastes horrible! Almost like tasting baking soda. I know it's arm and hammer toothpaste with baking soda, but think there would be some way to help with the taste. Anything. My next tube I toothpaste will be a different kind to try to find something that tastes better but if it doesn't work as well, I will sacrifice taste and go back to the arm & hammer.

Why I use Arm & Hammer Sensitive White Toothpaste

from Austin, TX

Comments about Arm & Hammer Sensitive Advance White Toothpaste:

Overall, I think the Arm and Hammer Sensitive Advance White toothpaste works very well. I have very sensitive teeth and I also suffer from dry mouth. My dentist recommended I use a different, more expensive toothpaste for the dry mouth. I used it for about a year and then tried the Arm and Hammer Sensitive Advance White. It did not cause dry mouth and now it is the only toothpaste I use because does not cause problems with my dry mouth. When Arm and Hammer added Orajel to the toothpaste, I was really excited. Adding the Orajel to the toothpaste has helped my tooth sensitivity. I do not have as many problems as I used to. I have always had problems with my teeth not looking white. Since I started using Arm and Hammer Sensitive Advance White toothpaste, my teeth have been whiter. Arm and Hammer Sensitive Advance White toothpaste leaves my mouth feeling clean and fresh.

Nope, didn't finish the tube

from Anchorage, AK

Comments about Arm & Hammer Sensitive Advance White Toothpaste:

Didn't whiten any better than other whitening toothpaste, but did whiten better than non-whitening toothpaste.  It was gritty in my mouth, tastes like baking soda, and I wondered if I shouldn't just use baking soda rather than pay for just a tad of peroxide thrown in.  Hey, couldn't I just make my own at home???  Didn't see any change in level of whiteness.

The BEST tasting sensitive toothpaste on the market

from Tulsa, OK

Comments about Arm & Hammer Sensitive Advance White Toothpaste:

I would not want to be without Arm & Hammer Sensitive Toothpaste! I have sensitive teeth with hot and cold drinks. This product not only tastes good afterwards, but my teeth are whiter and feels silky clean. The other products on the market are very inferior.

Perfect, except for price

from Fairfield, VA

Comments about Arm & Hammer Sensitive Advance White Toothpaste:

I absolutely must have sensitive formulas for my teeth-if I skip one use and use a regular toothpaste, I feel the pain keenly.  This is my absolute favorite option for my sensitive teeth-I love all Arm and Hammer products; they have never disappointed me, and their toothpaste doesn't fail me either.  It has that signature Arm and Hammer tingle and refreshing feeling, and doesn't taste awful to me, as other brands do.  It almost tingles and tangs too much for my sensitive mouth, but the benefits outweigh that.  I think its a little too pricey-but not tremendously so.  I sometimes feel I must choose another brand, but only because of the price.  I wish coupons were more commonly found for it.  I also wish there were more choices of flavors to accompany it, but my complaints about it are minimal.  It is not widely available-so I cannot buy it consistently for that reason either.  I don't want to resort to the internet for everything, but I may have to do so for my favorite toothpaste.

Arm & Hammer Sensitive Advance White only okay

from Portland, OR

Comments about Arm & Hammer Sensitive Advance White Toothpaste:

I had started using **Arm & Hammer Sensitive Advance White** for a few weeks after my past dentist appointment. My teeth is usually senstive after a good cleaning. I wanted a whitening toothpaste as well, since my teeth are a little yellow.

The tube it comes in is a typical toothpaste tube. It was easy to squeeze the toothpaste out. The consistency was a little different than other toothpastes I've tried. I would say that this Arm & Hammer Sensitive Advance White toothpaste is a little bit watery.

While using the toothpaste, it had a nice minty flavor. It was not very strong, but was not weak either. Since Arm & Hammer Sensitive Advance White is made with baking soda, you could really taste and feel it. You can really feel the gritty baking soda. Some may like this feeling, others may not. I thought it was ok, it did not really bother me.

The toothpaste did not burn or make my teeth tingle. It was good for my sensitive teeth. Rinsing it out was a breeze. There was not much residue, and the minty flavor did last.

Does this toothpaste whiten teeth though? I did not see much difference in using it for a few weeks. Maybe longer, you might get results.

Overall, this is an okay toothpaste - comparable to others.