Other Detergents:
Laundry Detergent
Arm & Hammer
G4046BLJAG

Cons

Arm & Hammer Liquid Detergent gets my clothes clean quickly!

Funds have been exceptionally tight the past month, so when I needed a bottle of laundry detergent and literally didn't have the money to buy one I went to my parents' house and grabbed one from them. My mother has this obsession with buying laundry detergent and has approximately 79 bottles of it stockpiled on shelves in her basement so she certainly wasn't going to miss the one that I "borrowed".

*Arm & Hammer Laundry Detergent with Oxi Clean* claims to clean over 101 stains, whiten whites, brighten brights, and freshen your clothes with baking soda. A 62.5 fluid ounce bottle is supposed to clean 35 loads. You are supposed to use one full cap for large or heavily soiled loads or 1/3 cap of product for medium-sized loads of laundry. This detergent contains biodegradable surfactants (stain/dirt removers) and does not contain phosphates so it is somewhat environmentally-friendly.

We've been using *Arm & Hammer Liquid Laundry Detergent with Oxi Clean* for the past two weeks with great results. It does an excellent job of cleaning even soiled clothes and also has removed some of the stains on the inside of the collars of my husband's work shirts. I have no complaints about the performance of this product.

The only negative aspect that I want to mention is the fact that it is not dye or fragrance-free. I had to switch to the "free and clear" laundry detergents almost 10 years ago after a particularly nasty allergic reaction complete with hives thanks to Tide. This is the first non-"free and clear" product that I've used since then. It hasn't caused me to become totally itchy or break out in a rash/hives, but I have had a consistent low-level itchiness all over my body since we started using this stuff. It isn't a total deal-breaker as I am not super-uncomfortable throughout the day. I have since bought myself some Benadryl to keep on hand just in case I do break out into a rash one of these days. Still, free is free and that is the right price for us these days.

I would definitely recommend this laundry detergent to others, especially those who don't have to worry about possible allergy issues. Hey, I'm even going to continue using it (read: stole another bottle from my parents) for the next couple of weeks.

Aarm&Hammer OxiClean

I bought a 125 fluid ounce bottle of arm and hammer laundry detergent with oxi clean. What junk. It didnt even suds up. I did one load of clothes and had to put a half cap of tide along with it to get some of my clothes clean.

I tried to get on their site so I could tell them how much I didnt like it, but I was re routed to this site. Needless to say I do not recommend this product to anybody.

If you have toddlers you will ove this product.

from Houston

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Gets Stains Out
  • Great Scent
  • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin

Cons

• Expensive

• Laundry Room

Comments about Arm & Hammer Plus OxiClean Liquid Laundry Detergent:

If you have children you know how messy they can be, that is why i love this laundry detergent. It can get any thing out from mud to chocolate pudding that has already been on the shirt for awhile. It is the best laundry detergent on the market. It can get the toughest stains out i got red wine on my white couch and it got the stain out. I just put a small dot of the detergent on the couch and it pulled it right up. It is like a miracle in a bottle. I would recommend this product to everyone, but especially parents who have small children and do not want to spend a fortune replacing their child's wardrobes because they have somehow gotten tough stains on their expensive clothes.

Smells great and doesn't irritate my skin!

from Pacific NW

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Gets Stains Out
  • Great Scent
  • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin

• Cleaning
    • Home
    • Laundry Room

Comments about Arm & Hammer Plus OxiClean Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I was a little hesitant to buy this since I tried the powder version and it made me itchy, but this worked great and no itchy skin. It is pretty strongly scented but I like it still. It's not a sickly sweet scent but instead fresh and gender neutral. Wash comes out clean, fresh, and soft w out adding fabric softeners and using cold water. Price is awesome. Comparably priced detergents are sub par to this. I would always choose this over purex, xtra, or sun.

Good detergent if you're on a budget

Comments about Arm & Hammer Plus OxiClean Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I like to stock up on Arm and Hammer Plus OxiClean Liquid Laundry Detergent when it's on sale. It's not my favorite, but it works better than a lot of the value brands. I think Tide laundry detergent is a little better at getting out stains. I also prefer the smell of Gain laundry detergent. However, I buy Arm and Hammer Plus OxiClean laundry detergent because it is so much less expensive than Gain or Tide.

The smell is pleasant, but it's not very strong. It doesn't stay on the clothes after they are washed.

It works pretty well. I use it on baby clothes and it does a great job getting stains like spit up out of the baby clothes. I still need to use a stain remover on heavier stains like grass stains or food. It doesn't fade clothes. I haven't noticed much of a difference in performance between this one with oxiclean and the regular version.

I would recommend this for anyone who is budget conscious.

No longer a tide customer!

from Reading, PA

Comments about Arm & Hammer Plus OxiClean Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I used to be a tide detergent only consumer and was pretty happy with it besides the price. Recently a local grocery store had Arm & Hammer Plus OxiClean on sale and I decided to give it a try. I will NEVER go back to Tide! I have absolutely fallen in love with the Arm & Hammer Plus OxiClean!

I purchased the Clean Burst scent which is absolutely fabulous! It leaves your clothes smelling very clean but it's not overly powerful! It's a perfect balance in my opinion.

I haven't had any problems with this detergent NOT cleaning my clothes. It does a thorough job! I even just recently washed my boys muddy clothes and was impressed that they came out so clean without being pre-treated with a stain remover! This detergent did a fabulous job!

The cost of this detergent is very reasonable! It may be more than some of the "cheaper" detergents, but it is WELL worth the money! It's a great quality detergent at a very affordable price and I would highly recommend it! I will most definitely continue to buy this Arm & Hammer laundry detergent - I've been very pleased!

Absolutely perfect scent!

Beats Even Tide

Comments about Arm & Hammer Plus OxiClean Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I was a loyal fan of Tide until I tried Arm & Hammer OxiClean! Although Tide gets all types of my laundry clean and pleasant-smelling, Arm & Hammer OxiClean takes it all to another level! While it very effectively removes stains, it also removes formerly persistent odors like perspiration, which always remained until now. Although my son bathes daily and uses deodorant, his work causes him to sweat up a storm, and the armpits of his shirts could never completely recover after laundering. But now, not only are the "baked in" perspiration odors gone, each entire load smells utterly fresh, like the outdoors! It even accomplishes this deep cleaning in cold water, which is what I always use, to conserve energy and cut my utilities bills. I just separate my laundry loads into whites, darks, colors, towels, bedding, and "special handling," then I look for any stains so that I can pre-treat them. I then put in each load beginning with the 10-minute soak cycle, and I am always assured that all of my laundry is getting really clean and fresh-smelling. I still use Tide for less-demanding loads, but now, I really prefer Arm & Hammer OxiClean, which I first tried because of a special coupon at Costco. By the way, I still use my 23-year-old washer and dryer, which probably clean less effectively than today's models, but OxiClean sure seems to make up the difference.

from USA, Indiana

Comments about Arm & Hammer Plus OxiClean Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I am a fan of Arm & Hammer Plus OxiClean Liquid Laundry Detergent. I have been using this product for well over a year now and I am very pleased with my results. My laundry always look and smell very clean every time I wash my laundry. Because there is OxiClean included within the laundry detergent, I don't have to use as much bleach in my white laundry in order for it to come out sparkling white.

I have sensitive skin and always purchase free and clear laundry detergent whenever possible to avoid skin irritations. This particular laundry detergent is not free and clear to my knowledge but I have not noticed any perfume scents. I haven't had any type off skin irritations which has been a big surprise to me.

A little amount off this product goes a long way when washing laundry. When washing a small or medium size load of laundry a half cap off detergent is more than enough to get one's clothing clean. Larger loads of laundry I use a full cap of laundry detergent.

This is a great product and would recommend it.

I love this detergent

Comments about Arm & Hammer Plus OxiClean Liquid Laundry Detergent:

It's absolutely fantastic! I love how well it gets out stains, almost every one I've thrown at it. It gets smells out of gym clothes and socks, doesn't muddy up colors and is great for white things. The only thing I would change is the smell. I'm very sensitive to smells and the smell is little strong for my taste. It works great for really smelly things though, getting the smell out and leaving a nice one behind. I wouldn't recommend for pillow cases or clothes if you are sensitive to smells also. It is easy on my skin though, and I really like that. Most scented and/ or powerful detergents irritate my skin really bad.

Best at getting out stains hands down. Even deep and old stains! Food, wine, blood, coffee all of it usually in just one or two washes. I've only had one stain that didn't come out but it was pretty old anyway.

The smell is good but it is a little too powerful for me. It's kind of flowery and I really don't like that.

Wonderful detergent for sensitive skin

from Miami, FL

Comments about Arm & Hammer Plus OxiClean Liquid Laundry Detergent:

This detergent leaves your clothes feeling clean and soft without leaving any residues that might make allergies flare up.

If you are seeking for an affordable alternative to baby detergent, or simply want a liquid detergent suitable to the while family - this is it. Arm & Hammer has a long tradition of getting the job done, but the addition of OxiClean makes it even better.

The Oxi component to this liquid detergent makes it a bit more effective than its regular counterpart. It is great for kids' clothes and all that entails- grass stains, mud, markers, chocolate, etc.

It is also great to preserve the color of your clothes. Whereas some liquid detergents can stain your garments, this one dissolves appropriately in water and helps keep your clothes like new.

Even though clothes feel clean, they don't have any smells that would overpower your sense of smell. For those sensitive to perfume or certain scents, this is a great liquid detergent.

Arm & Hammer Laundry Detergent

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Arm & Hammer Plus OxiClean Liquid Laundry Detergent:

This is a great product for washing clothes. It works very well in getting clothes clean, and not dingy.

This is an effective, but gentle enough detergent. I gave it a high rating because it has very few, if any, additives. The simpler the brand, the better as far as I am concerned. As few additives as possible should be the rule of thumb for detergent. Arm & Hammer is very good at making a product that is free of any additional additives such as color or perfumes. I feel Arm & Hammer has been making their products for a long time and are well aware of what people want (or need).

I like the unscented laundry detergent because my husband has a sensitivity to scents and even dyes such as FD&C yellow #5. So any detergent that has the fewest or better yet, none, in the way of additives, definitely is on my list. I personally do not like any scents either as I don't want my laundry to smell strong in front of anyone. And, we have so many additives in just about everything we buy (including food), I just don't think it is healthy to have additives where we don't need them. I do NOT need color in my detergent to do my laundry. I just want it clean. Arm & Hammer does that.

Great for Gym and Outdoor clothes.

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Arm & Hammer Plus OxiClean Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I bought the Arm & Hammer Plus Oxi Clean to use on my gym and outdoor clothing, as well as my boyfriends uniforms that he wears to work. I needed a good inexpensive detergent that would get all the stains and odors out of my clothes quick.

My clothes get really dirty and sweaty, so I need something good to get all the filth off of them without ruining them or making them rough.

The Arm & Hammer has baking soda and oxi clean in it to rid my clothes of stains, as well as brighten and whiten them. The baking soda and oxiclean gets all the tough dirt and sweat stains out of my clothes, and it gives them a nice deep clean with added scent of freshness.

I really like this Arm & Hammer detergent because it doesn't have any harsh or overpowering fragrances, but it completely rids of clothes of any bad odors. My gym clothes smell good even after being at the gym for hours. The scent of the detergent is very light just washed scent to them.

I also started using this on my dog and cat bedding, and it takes away all of those gross pet odors, and leaves them smelling great too.

The power of the oxiclean and the baking soda combined takes all the sweat stains, grease, dirt, and odor out of my clothes and bedding without fading them or making them rough. It leaves my clothes feeling nice, soft, and clean against my skin, It also leaves them with a light fresh scent.

I would say that this doesn't even have that much of a fragrance. It's very light and mild, and this detergent works more to actually get rid of odors and sweat in clothes. It just has a very fresh and clean scent to it, and it's not irritating.