Other Detergents:
Arm & Hammer
G4046BLJAG
Arm & Hammer Plus OxiClean Liquid Laundry Detergent

Arm & Hammer Plus OxiClean Liquid Laundry Detergent

Pros

• Easy to use (6)
  • Gets stains out (6)
  • Great scent (6)
  • Effective (5)
  • Simple instructions (4)

• Laundry room (8)
  • Cleaning (5)
  • Home (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Homeowner (3), Parent (3)

Arm & Hammer Liquid Detergent gets my clothes clean quickly!

Funds have been exceptionally tight the past month, so when I needed a bottle of laundry detergent and literally didn't have the money to buy one I went to my parents' house and grabbed one from them. My mother has this obsession with buying laundry detergent and has approximately 79 bottles of it stockpiled on shelves in her basement so she certainly wasn't going to miss the one that I "borrowed".

*Arm & Hammer Laundry Detergent with Oxi Clean* claims to clean over 101 stains, whiten whites, brighten brights, and freshen your clothes with baking soda. A 62.5 fluid ounce bottle is supposed to clean 35 loads. You are supposed to use one full cap for large or heavily soiled loads or 1/3 cap of product for medium-sized loads of laundry. This detergent contains biodegradable surfactants (stain/dirt removers) and does not contain phosphates so it is somewhat environmentally-friendly.

We've been using *Arm & Hammer Liquid Laundry Detergent with Oxi Clean* for the past two weeks with great results. It does an excellent job of cleaning even soiled clothes and also has removed some of the stains on the inside of the collars of my husband's work shirts. I have no complaints about the performance of this product.

The only negative aspect that I want to mention is the fact that it is not dye or fragrance-free. I had to switch to the "free and clear" laundry detergents almost 10 years ago after a particularly nasty allergic reaction complete with hives thanks to Tide. This is the first non-"free and clear" product that I've used since then. It hasn't caused me to become totally itchy or break out in a rash/hives, but I have had a consistent low-level itchiness all over my body since we started using this stuff. It isn't a total deal-breaker as I am not super-uncomfortable throughout the day. I have since bought myself some Benadryl to keep on hand just in case I do break out into a rash one of these days. Still, free is free and that is the right price for us these days.

I would definitely recommend this laundry detergent to others, especially those who don't have to worry about possible allergy issues. Hey, I'm even going to continue using it (read: stole another bottle from my parents) for the next couple of weeks.

Aarm&Hammer OxiClean

I bought a 125 fluid ounce bottle of arm and hammer laundry detergent with oxi clean. What junk. It didnt even suds up. I did one load of clothes and had to put a half cap of tide along with it to get some of my clothes clean.

I tried to get on their site so I could tell them how much I didnt like it, but I was re routed to this site. Needless to say I do not recommend this product to anybody.

Love this soap

from San jose ca

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Gets Stains Out
  • Great Scent
  • Simple Instructions

Comments about Arm & Hammer Plus OxiClean Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I love this soap. I use it on my husbands work clothes and on my kids clothes as well. Removes stains and smells great.

Always Fresh and Clean

from Charleston, WV

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Effective
    • Gets Stains Out
    • Great Scent
    • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
    • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Not a long lasting scent

Comments about Arm & Hammer Plus OxiClean Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I can always depend on this detergent for a great clean on all of my family's clothes! The smell is fresh and clean, not over powering. It does a great job on on stains, even older ones. What I appreciate most is the affordable price! My four star instead of five star rating is only because the fresh scent does not last long at all. I think this could be improved.

The only kind I will buy!

from Savannah TN

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Gets Stains Out
    • Great Scent

Cons

• Small Volume

Comments about Arm & Hammer Plus OxiClean Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I love this scent ! I use to use more of the expensive brands. I wanted to try and save money and when I bought this brand and scent it was all over with. My household has only used Arm & Hammer with oxiclean.

Arm & Hammer Fan I am

from Florida

About Me Professional

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Effective
    • Simple Instructions

Comments about Arm & Hammer Plus OxiClean Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I bought this product on sale. I usually use other Arm & Hammer detergents and like to try different ones. This detergent cleaned the clothes well but I didn't see a great difference from the other types. The scent was nice, hardly any, which I prefer. I wouldn't buy it again unless it was on sale. Usually they are.

Brightens even 20 year old cloths

from lady in woods and camping

About Me Renter

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Gets Stains Out
      • Great Scent
      • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Seems to soften nylon strecthy workout clothes t

Comments about Arm & Hammer Plus OxiClean Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I have used this on camping accident cloths of kid who cloud not make bathroom,Eliminates smell and stain even in jeans and canvas barn coat.

This detergent gave me a bad rash!

from Florida

Pros

Cons

• Causes Allergic Reactions
        • Expensive

Comments about Arm & Hammer Plus OxiClean Liquid Laundry Detergent:

Every once in awhile I try to vary up the laundry detergent that we use at home. I saw this Arm and Hammer with oxiclean detergent on sale and figured it was worth a shot. Well I wish I hadn't of bought it, because once I brought it home and used it on a load of laundry I had an allergic reaction and broke out in hives and a rash. I have semi delicate skin, but I have never had an allergic reaction to detergent as bad as the one I got when I used this detergent.

That being said, here is a review of the other parts of the Arm and Hammer detergent. It is a little pricey, if it hadnt of been on sale I probably never would of bought it. The scent is so so , not bad, not great- just kind of there. So that's a little bit of a bummer. The actual effectiveness of the cleaning of clothes is pretty good. It got some tough caked on stains out of the load of clothes I did wash it with, so that was one good thing from this laundry detergent.

Overall for the money- if it didn't give me a rash- I probably wouldn't buy it without a discount coupon or it being on sale. The smell of laundry detergent is one of the most important factors to me when deciding on one and this one just didn't cut it for me.

So I am going to have to say this one doesn't get a recommendation for me.

If you have toddlers you will ove this product.

from Houston

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
        • Effective
        • Gets Stains Out
        • Great Scent
        • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin

Cons

• Expensive

Comments about Arm & Hammer Plus OxiClean Liquid Laundry Detergent:

If you have children you know how messy they can be, that is why i love this laundry detergent. It can get any thing out from mud to chocolate pudding that has already been on the shirt for awhile. It is the best laundry detergent on the market. It can get the toughest stains out i got red wine on my white couch and it got the stain out. I just put a small dot of the detergent on the couch and it pulled it right up. It is like a miracle in a bottle. I would recommend this product to everyone, but especially parents who have small children and do not want to spend a fortune replacing their child's wardrobes because they have somehow gotten tough stains on their expensive clothes.

Smells great and doesn't irritate my skin!

from Pacific NW

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
        • Effective
        • Gets Stains Out
        • Great Scent
        • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin

Comments about Arm & Hammer Plus OxiClean Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I was a little hesitant to buy this since I tried the powder version and it made me itchy, but this worked great and no itchy skin. It is pretty strongly scented but I like it still. It's not a sickly sweet scent but instead fresh and gender neutral. Wash comes out clean, fresh, and soft w out adding fabric softeners and using cold water. Price is awesome. Comparably priced detergents are sub par to this. I would always choose this over purex, xtra, or sun.

Good detergent if you're on a budget

Comments about Arm & Hammer Plus OxiClean Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I like to stock up on Arm and Hammer Plus OxiClean Liquid Laundry Detergent when it's on sale. It's not my favorite, but it works better than a lot of the value brands. I think Tide laundry detergent is a little better at getting out stains. I also prefer the smell of Gain laundry detergent. However, I buy Arm and Hammer Plus OxiClean laundry detergent because it is so much less expensive than Gain or Tide.

The smell is pleasant, but it's not very strong. It doesn't stay on the clothes after they are washed.

It works pretty well. I use it on baby clothes and it does a great job getting stains like spit up out of the baby clothes. I still need to use a stain remover on heavier stains like grass stains or food. It doesn't fade clothes. I haven't noticed much of a difference in performance between this one with oxiclean and the regular version.

I would recommend this for anyone who is budget conscious.

No longer a tide customer!

from Reading, PA

Comments about Arm & Hammer Plus OxiClean Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I used to be a tide detergent only consumer and was pretty happy with it besides the price. Recently a local grocery store had Arm & Hammer Plus OxiClean on sale and I decided to give it a try. I will NEVER go back to Tide! I have absolutely fallen in love with the Arm & Hammer Plus OxiClean!

I purchased the Clean Burst scent which is absolutely fabulous! It leaves your clothes smelling very clean but it's not overly powerful! It's a perfect balance in my opinion.

I haven't had any problems with this detergent NOT cleaning my clothes. It does a thorough job! I even just recently washed my boys muddy clothes and was impressed that they came out so clean without being pre-treated with a stain remover! This detergent did a fabulous job!

The cost of this detergent is very reasonable! It may be more than some of the "cheaper" detergents, but it is WELL worth the money! It's a great quality detergent at a very affordable price and I would highly recommend it! I will most definitely continue to buy this Arm & Hammer laundry detergent - I've been very pleased!

Absolutely perfect scent!