Other Detergents:

Arm & Hammer Liquid Laundry Detergent for Sensitive Skin

Pros

Cons

Good detergent for eczema

My husband has eczema and I have allergies, so I am fussy about the kinds of detergents and cleaners that I use in our home.  Years ago I started using All Free & Clear because it was recommended by the "Safe Shoppers Bible", but since that time there are many other dye and perfume free laundry detergents on the market from which to choose.

Arm & Hammer Liquid Laundry Detergent for Sensitive Skin comes in  yellow bottle with the familiar arm and hammer symbol.  It is concentrated so it goes farther by using less.  I have a front load washing machine and I was told that I can safely use this detergent in my machine, even though it is not a specifically an HE detergent, I just use less.

Part of what makes this detergent a good choice for sensitive skin is the fact that it contains no dyes or perfumes.  There are no phosphates either, so it is better for the environment and for septic systems.

I am a stickler for ingredients, and try to read labels before making a purchase.  If you are of that mind, you may want to know what the ingredients are.  This detergent contains: Biodegradable surfactants anionic and nonionic): Arm & Hammer baking soda, water softener, soil anti-redeposition agent, and an optical brightener.

Finding a laundry detergent that works for those with sensitive skin can be a bit of trial and error.  I have used "all natural" choices that didn't work well, but this one really does live up to its claims.  While not using any perfumes, clothes still smell fresh and clean.  I love that the detergent is clear, because I have had some of those blue liquid detergents stain my clothes!

My viewpoint is this is a good detergent.  It is concentrated, so it is good for the environment as well as good for sensitive skin.

Arm and Hammer Liq Detergent for Sensitive Skin gave me a rash.

I bought this detergent a few days ago because the container read that it's for sensitive skin. I've used Arm and Hammer powdered detergent in the past but stopped using it because the powder made me break out in a rash. When I bought and used this liquid detergent, all the horrible memories came flooding back. I broke out in the worst rash ever, from my face to my feet! Even my ears were swollen! The itch has been unbearable. The rash is finally starting to go away, but I had to rewash and rewash the load of laundry that I washed in the detergent. I don't know why I can't use most Arm and Hammer products (their carpet deodorizer also gives me hives but their plain baking soda doesn't bother me at all). Anyways, the fragrance of this detergent is really lovely, and I do so wish I could use it, but from now on, I won't be buying anymore Arm and Hammer products besides their plain baking soda.

It gave me a nightmarish rash, so I would say performance is pretty bad.

The scent is just beautiful, but I suggest not using flower extracts in your products; there are millions of people who are allergic to botanicals, and I'm one of them.

TERRIBLE PRODUCT - GAVE ME AND MY HUSBAND ITCHY RASH -

from hawaii

About Me Homeowner

Pros

Cons

• Causes Allergic Reactions
    • causes rash

Comments about Arm & Hammer Liquid Laundry Detergent for Sensitive Skin:

Terrible product. This gave my husband and myself a terrible rash. small itchy bumps all over our body. I do not recommend this product to be used by anybody.

Meets all my Laundry needs

Comments about Arm & Hammer Liquid Laundry Detergent for Sensitive Skin:

I have been using Arm & Hammer laundry detergent for several years now. I have very sensitive skin, and it is one of the only products I have found that does not cause me to break out. When I got married I found my husbands uniforms needed to be washed with detergent that had no whiteners or perfumes, win again for Arm and Hammer. When my kiddos came along I never bothered with fancy baby detergents, I used what worked for me, and it as always worked great for them as well. When I started cloth diapering I found yet another win, no problems with coating the diapers due to softeners from the detergent. I love that I can use the same detergent for all of my families various needs.

Have used it for everything from dirt stains to baby poo, I have never been disappointed with the outcome.

Nothing to make me react. That is saying something. I don't want my laundry to smell atrificially, I just want it clean. That is what is delivered, clean laundry.

The Best out there!!!

Comments about Arm & Hammer Liquid Laundry Detergent for Sensitive Skin:

I have very sensitive skin so I am very picky on what laundry detergent I use. Arm and Hammer for sensitive skin gets my clothes very clean. I can not use anything with perfume in it because I will start breaking out and I really don't like the way perfumes smell. Anything Arm and Hammer makes I trust completely. When Arm and Hammer detergent is on sale I stock up on it. Sometimes the stores have it buy 1 get 1 free and I will buy as many as I can because it is kind of expensive but I think it's worth it. Other detergents cause me to have rashes but not Arm and Hammer sensitive skin detergent.

My clothes get very clean with Arm and Hammer detergent for sensitive skin. I have a lot of allergies so I need to be careful on what I use on my clothes.

There's only the scent of clean for this product and that's why I love it. There's no dyes or perfumes and it's perfect for sensitive skin like mine.

Cheap and Works Great

from Vincennes,IN

Comments about Arm & Hammer Liquid Laundry Detergent for Sensitive Skin:

I started using this brand of detergent when I needed to save money and could not afford my Tide brand anymore. I have stuck with it because my family has sensitive skin and it also works great at cleaning clothes. My mother-n-law has used Arm and Hammer products as well and has recommended Arm and Hammer products to me in the past. It also has a fresh clean scent. Most free detergents it seems have no scent whatsoever, but this one does and I favor it a lot. I save money and get my families clothes clean ! It is a double bonus all the way around for me. I have since recommended this detergent to other family members and friends. My sister and mother have tried it and love it as well. My sister has three children and goes through numerous loads of laundry and said it has been a lifesaver for her at saving money. I have used this detergent on my infant sons clothes also and I had no problems with it at all and it did NOT break my son's skin out.

Great for those with Sensitive Feet!

Comments about Arm & Hammer Liquid Laundry Detergent for Sensitive Skin:

I have a friend who swears by this stuff and I was afraid to try it as I need dye and scent free detergent for any product that comes in contact with my feet. This product overall did a fantastic job getting the clothes clean and without the headache of heavy scents.

Not as good as some but goes the distance when it comes to predictability. For heavy stains no, but everyday light dirt sure does what you would expect it to do. And works even better when some kind of oxy booster is added.

Nice and polite. I always know when the neighbor is doing their laundry and thats before the clothes hit the dryer! I have to listen for the washer to be done cycling through where as before I could tell when the washer was almost done by the smell.

Fantastic for sensitive skin!

Comments about Arm & Hammer Liquid Laundry Detergent for Sensitive Skin:

I have very sensitive skin that gets itchy and irritated with most detergents. I haven't had that problem since using this one. It is sensitive on my skin and still smells good after washing my clothes. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone suffering from a variety of different skin issues.

It's all right.

Comments about Arm & Hammer Liquid Laundry Detergent for Sensitive Skin:

As far as cleaning my clothes I have no complaints. I watched the soap sud up in wash before I added my clothes and do not doubt that it worked as it should. I really do not like the lack of scent though. I am used to having that fresh laundry scent. With the sensitive skin formulas you do not get that. Nobody in my household has sensitive skin or allergies to anything we have tried so I can not really give an input as to how it effects my skin; it works like every other detergent I have used. If you do not mind, or even prefer, a scentless detergent this would be perfect for you. I scored it lower because that is the part of laundry I really enjoy.

I believe this detergent acted as a detergent should; it cleaned my clothes.

I really don't like the lack of scent. My clothes didn't stink, but they didn't smell clean and I really like the fresh linen smell. For people with sensitive skin there may be worse things to sacrifice.

Lives up to its promise - great for those with sensitive skin

Comments about Arm & Hammer Liquid Laundry Detergent for Sensitive Skin:

I picked up this detergent on a whim at a local store, choosing my laundry detergent a bit more deliberately for once. I've always had some level of skin sensitivity, but about a year ago, my skin became increasingly sensitive - more itchy, greasy, sensitive to scents and allergens. I picked up this detergent hoping it would ease some of the skin responses I've been having to various products. While its hard to pinpoint this detergent as the a sole solution to my skin issues, it's definitely helped ease some of the skin issues I've been having and I know I can rely on it for cleaning my clothes well and doing it without any of those unnecessary dyes, scents, allergens, etc. that might cause a skin flareup. Aside from the obvious benefits in it tending to sensitive skin, I will say that it does an average job at cleaning clothes but doesn't remove difficult stains, unfortunately.

No scent detected!

Great for those with Senstive Skin

Comments about Arm & Hammer Liquid Laundry Detergent for Sensitive Skin:

I received a sample of Arm & Hammer for Sensitive Skin and have been using it ever since. Not only does your clothes come out clean afterwards but they feel great too as the clothes aren’t as “rough” as when using other detergents. So far out of all the detergents I’ve tried this brand seems to be the best overall for your buck. I also like the fact that there isn’t a strong odor/sense of smell to the clothes afterward allowing others to enjoy them too. Arm & Hammer works well for those that have hard water as I don’t have to worry about clothes being affected in relation to the water and that even the tough stains are erased. I also like the fact that Arm & Hammer for Sensitive Skin, like related Arm & Hammer products, is very cheap and comparable to the other “bigger, named brands” to ensure that I’m getting a great result each time. This works great for someone on a budget and is looking to save any kind of way he/she can.

Sensitive skin and quilter friendly.

Comments about Arm & Hammer Liquid Laundry Detergent for Sensitive Skin:

I have always been a fan of Arm & Hammer detergents. Some of my family members have sensitive skin, so it's essential that I use a softer detergent. Unlike other detergents that I have tried, Arm & Hammer doesn't cause any skin rashes or allergic reactions. However, it still successfully cleans the clothing.
      Another benefit to using Arm & Hammer is that it is great for washing fabric. As a quilter, I often need to preshrink fabric, and this detergent works wonderfully for that purpose. It isn't hard on the fabric, whereas other detergents can destroy fabrics. One of the fabrics that I work with a lot is minky. In fact, I am continually washing a baby blanket made from this fabric. Amazingly enough, it still appears new after many washings in this detergent.
      After so many good experiences with this detergent, I wouldn't use any other.

The detergent gets the dirt out of clothing without being too harsh on the fabric. It is ideal for sensitive skin.

I prefer the unscented detergents, so this product is entirely unoffensive.