Other Detergents:
Laundry Detergent
Arm & Hammer
Arm & Hammer Liquid Laundry Detergent Plus a Touch of Softener

Arm & Hammer Liquid Laundry Detergent Plus a Touch of Softener

Pros

• Effective (5)
  • Easy to use (4)
  • Great scent (4)
  • Gets stains out (3)
  • Safe for delicate clothes/skin (3)

• Laundry room (5)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Parent (3)

Keeps my clothes soft without being irritating.

The problem that I have with most detergents is that they do a great job with cleaning my clothes, but they leave my clothes feeling rough and not soft at all. I always add a fabric softener to my detergent when I wash my clothes. When i saw that Arm & Hammer has an inexpensive detergent with fabric softener in it, I was thrilled to try it out.

The Arm & hammer with the added fabric softener that I used was the Orchard Bloom scent. The baking soda in this laundry detergent does a fantastic job at lifting the stains out of my clothes without using bleach or pre-treating them first. The baking soda boosted the colors in my clothes making them brighter and more vibrant then they were before. My white clothes cam out with no stains on them, and the baking soda completely brightened them and took the away the dinginess, without having to add any bleach to it.

The scent of this detergent was wonderful. The baking soda took away all the odors, and left my clothes with a beautiful light floral scent. The floral scent didn't smell fake or perfume like at all, and it was not irritating to my skin. If you have sensitive skin this detergent won't bother your skin at all.

Now onto the important part, the softness. Like I said, I usually add a fabric softener to my laundry detergent when I wash my clothes. But this detergent also had a fabric softener added to it, so I didn't have to do that. The fabric softener in this detergent worked just as well as the separate fabric softeners I've used. My rough clothes felt completely soft, and fluffy again They felt nice against my skin, and didn't have a coated feeling like some inexpensive fabric softeners have. As a plus it got rid of the static cling, and I didn't have to iron any of my clothes because they were all wrinkle free when they came out of the dryer.

I was overall really impressed with the cleaning power, the floral fragrance, and the fabric softener that was added to this detergent. Arm & Hammer completely blew me away with this detergent. If this detergent didn't have a label on it, I would think it was an expensive detergent.

This detergent was tough on stains, and completely lifted any stains out of my clothes. There were no stains or odors left over after using this detergent. I didn't have to pretreat my clothes or use bleach either with it. It brightened my colored clothes, and left my white clothes completely ding free, and completely whitened. Not only did it make my clothes extremely clean and fresh, but it softened my clothes right up. My clothes used to feel rough after I washed them, but the fabric softener in this detergent softened my clothes right up, and made them feel good against my skin. It also got rid of the static cling, and the wrinkles as well. My clothes came out looking fresh pressed right out of the dryer.

The scent that I used was the Orchard Bloom. Arm & Hammer detergents are nice because they don't have fake perfume like fragrances. This scent was really light, and had a real floral scent to it. The scent was not irritating. It seemed to fade fairly quickly which was disappointed with because I really liked this scent a lot.

It's Okay...

I have only used Arm and Hammer laundry detergent a handful of times. The detergent cleans your clothes well and leaves your clothes smelling clean. The added softener they put in the detergent does work. It left the towels feeling softer than if I had used a detergent without softener in it. The upside of buying and using the Arm and Hammer brand of laundry detergent is the price. Arm and Hammer is one of the cheapest brands of detergents on the market today. Even though Arm and Hammer worked well in leaving my clothes soft and clean, I wasn't too fond of the scent. Don't get me wrong it doesn't smell bad, it just doesn't have that strong and long lasting effect I like my laundry to be after washing my clothes in a detergent. Even though I don't like the smell as much as other brands of detergents, I still would recommend buying and using Arm and Hammer, because it does the job. It does leave your clothes feeling clean and soft after using it.

We get this all the time

from Fremont Ohio

About Me Parent

Pros

• Effective
  • Gets Stains Out
  • Great Scent
  • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin

• Cleaning
    • Home

Comments about Arm & Hammer Liquid Laundry Detergent Plus a Touch of Softener:

We have never had a issue with arm and Hammer. It's the detergent we always use. We have tried others that leave our clothes feeling dirty still and dingy. But arm and Hammer works great. It has added fabric softener but we still add extra fabric softener sheets in our dryer to help.

The only detergent we buy

from London Ky

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Effective
    • Great Scent
    • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
    • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Hard to Clean

Comments about Arm & Hammer Liquid Laundry Detergent Plus a Touch of Softener:

Let me start off buy saying we love the arm and hammer brand! It gets odor out of anything! My husband is a lineman and his feet stink so bad when he gets home and this derergent covers the scent up so easily and makes it seem like it was never there! My son and I and my daughter all have such sensitive skin like VERY sensitive but we can use any of the arm and hammer detergents, without them leaving us itchy or with hives! Which is awesome because we are allergic to most of everything! This detergent not only makes our clothes smell so wonderful, it also softens them to just the right amount! I don't usually use fabric softener because of our sensitive skin but I tried this and it's worked for us since day one! Best product on the market and worth the buy! Very inexpensive and we have a family of four!

It's Okay...

from Ohio

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Effective
    • Gets Stains Out

I love love love this

from Longview Texas

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Effective
      • Gets Stains Out
      • Great Scent
      • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
      • Simple Instructions

Comments about Arm & Hammer Liquid Laundry Detergent Plus a Touch of Softener:

I absolutely love this product it smells amazing and the scent is long lasting I love the arm and hammer detergents.

An easy detergent with a hint of softener.

from Princeton, WV

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
        • Effective
        • Great Scent
        • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Small Volume

• Cleaning
        • Home

Comments about Arm & Hammer Liquid Laundry Detergent Plus a Touch of Softener:

This product has been great in my household. I typically use this product to avoid having to use dryer sheets and fabric softener. This is an easy detergent with a lovely scent to it.

The best way to use this detergent is in a cold water wash. I typically use this with all my load sizes in my washing machine with the cold water cycle and on the heavy/soiled option so that it suds up well and helps clean the laundry. It has just a hint of fabric softener in it, which is great because I don't have to stress over stopping the wash cycle or filling up one of those little softener balls that go in the wash.

The clothes come out with just a hint of a clean smell to them. It's a soft scent and it works well. I am able to put these in the dryer or hang dry them without any issues or stiffness. Overall, I recommend this detergent. I wish it came in larger containers at my local store. It's reasonably priced, and works decent. I think this is a win-win detergent.

Smells Wonderfully

from chicago Illinois

Comments about Arm & Hammer Liquid Laundry Detergent Plus a Touch of Softener:

I love the Arm and Hammer brand and this product is not exception as it delivers a great end product after using it to launder your clothing. My clothing are left in better condition then before I used it and they smell wonderful too. They are always so soft and they never have any wrinkles in them. I highly recommend using this product.

This detergent works wonderfully on my clothing. It cleans them perfectly, specifically ground in dirt. I like that I do not have to use a booster in order to get my clothing clean. One capful of this product does the trick and it does not leave a sticky film on my clothing after laundering. It also works great in any temperature of water, even cold water.

I love the scent of this product. The best part of it is it is not overpowering to the nose and does not irritate the skin at all. I love that they scent of it is very faint, so if you don't like it you barely notice it.

It's a pretty good detergent, overall.

Comments about Arm & Hammer Liquid Laundry Detergent Plus a Touch of Softener:

We recently received a donation of Arm & Hammer Liquid Laundry Detergent Plus a Touch of Softener at the facility where I volunteer taking care of rescue animals. This was my first encounter with this particular brand of laundry soap, and I have to say that while I haven't been that thrilled by how well this detergent works, I haven't been totally disappointed, either. I don't think I would ever buy it for my own personal use at home.
        Yes, it does an okay job cleaning. Not spectacular, but okay enough. And yes, it does leave the bedding, towels, and so on, soft and fluffy after being washed.
        I'm just not impressed.

I -personally feel like it could do a better job cleaning, though the added touch of fabric softener is noticeable. Stains fade in the wash, but it doesn't necessarily remove them entirely.

The scent of this laundry detergent is nice when sniffed from the bottle. I don't notice it lasting through the dryer cycle, though, like I prefer.

Does the job and does it well!

Comments about Arm & Hammer Liquid Laundry Detergent Plus a Touch of Softener:

"Arm and Hammer liquid laundry detergent plus a touch of softener" is a delightful and effective product. The soft scent of Orchard Bloom leaves your laundry smelling fresh and clean, but not like a Victoria's Secret perfume counter.

This laundry detergent leaves whites looking whiter, due to the wonderful addition of baking soda to the formula. Your clothes will look though so clean, and you will love it!

As mentioned previously, the addition of baking soda to a laundry detergent creates a powerful cleaning experience. And with the touch of fabric softener, you have all that you need in one perfect bottle. You can even use this product in high-efficiency machines, as well as in standard washers. Perfect for the energy conscious connoisseur.

I love the fresh light floral aroma. Not overpowering, just a touch of scent. The scent lasts for days after washing as well, so no need to freshen up your laundry before wearing it. Love this product, you will too!

Inexpensive, not for tough stains

from IN

Comments about Arm & Hammer Liquid Laundry Detergent Plus a Touch of Softener:

Arm & Hammer Liquid Laundry Detergent Plus a Touch of Softness is an inexpensive detergent that will work effectively for everyday uses, but cannot handle tough stains. I like the light floral scent, as well as the touch of softener in the Arm& Hammer liquid. This detergent is perfect for a load of towels that will be line dried in the summer. The cleaning power is perfect for towels, adds a clean, fresh scent and just the amount of softness you need. However, I did not experience the clean needed for my children's dirty outside play clothes. I had to rewash jeans to get them clean, which becomes a waste of money and my time. This is not a high powered detergent, and adding more detergent does not help with the cleaning power. I have washed all my bedding with Arm& Hammer and have been happy with the results, soft, fresh scent sheets and blankets. Overall, this is fine for everyday loads, but will not battle your tough stains.

Keeps my clothes soft without being irritating.

from Stroudsburg, PA