Other Detergents:
Arm & Hammer Liquid Laundry Detergent Plus a Touch of Softener

Arm & Hammer Liquid Laundry Detergent Plus a Touch of Softener

Pros

Cons

Keeps my clothes soft without being irritating.

The problem that I have with most detergents is that they do a great job with cleaning my clothes, but they leave my clothes feeling rough and not soft at all. I always add a fabric softener to my detergent when I wash my clothes. When i saw that Arm & Hammer has an inexpensive detergent with fabric softener in it, I was thrilled to try it out.

The Arm & hammer with the added fabric softener that I used was the Orchard Bloom scent. The baking soda in this laundry detergent does a fantastic job at lifting the stains out of my clothes without using bleach or pre-treating them first. The baking soda boosted the colors in my clothes making them brighter and more vibrant then they were before. My white clothes cam out with no stains on them, and the baking soda completely brightened them and took the away the dinginess, without having to add any bleach to it.

The scent of this detergent was wonderful. The baking soda took away all the odors, and left my clothes with a beautiful light floral scent. The floral scent didn't smell fake or perfume like at all, and it was not irritating to my skin. If you have sensitive skin this detergent won't bother your skin at all.

Now onto the important part, the softness. Like I said, I usually add a fabric softener to my laundry detergent when I wash my clothes. But this detergent also had a fabric softener added to it, so I didn't have to do that. The fabric softener in this detergent worked just as well as the separate fabric softeners I've used. My rough clothes felt completely soft, and fluffy again They felt nice against my skin, and didn't have a coated feeling like some inexpensive fabric softeners have. As a plus it got rid of the static cling, and I didn't have to iron any of my clothes because they were all wrinkle free when they came out of the dryer.

I was overall really impressed with the cleaning power, the floral fragrance, and the fabric softener that was added to this detergent. Arm & Hammer completely blew me away with this detergent. If this detergent didn't have a label on it, I would think it was an expensive detergent.

This detergent was tough on stains, and completely lifted any stains out of my clothes. There were no stains or odors left over after using this detergent. I didn't have to pretreat my clothes or use bleach either with it. It brightened my colored clothes, and left my white clothes completely ding free, and completely whitened. Not only did it make my clothes extremely clean and fresh, but it softened my clothes right up. My clothes used to feel rough after I washed them, but the fabric softener in this detergent softened my clothes right up, and made them feel good against my skin. It also got rid of the static cling, and the wrinkles as well. My clothes came out looking fresh pressed right out of the dryer.

The scent that I used was the Orchard Bloom. Arm & Hammer detergents are nice because they don't have fake perfume like fragrances. This scent was really light, and had a real floral scent to it. The scent was not irritating. It seemed to fade fairly quickly which was disappointed with because I really liked this scent a lot.

not the best

I usually like Arm and Hammer products, but this one is not so good. First of all, the fragrance is a bit too sweet and tangy for me. I like earthier scents. The main problem with this detergent/softener combo though is that it doesn't work very well. It doesn't remove stains or odors from clothing as well as other Arm and Hammer detergents, and it doesn't soften as well as other fabric softening products. What's the point of trying to combine two different products into one when the result is a product that does neither job very well?

Honestly every detergent/softener combination product I've ever tried has disappointed me. This one is no exception. It doesn't clean clothing well at all. I've gotten better results with store brand detergents, and I certainly ALWAYS get better results with regular Arm and Hammer laundry detergent. It barely removes dirt and odors at all. It does add it's own sickly sweet odor to the clothes though. If you don't use a dryer sheet or add additional liquid softener to the load you're still going to get some static in the dryer. It just isn't a very good product.

The scent is super sweet and tangy. It smells a bit like sour candy. I'm not crazy about it.

An easy detergent with a hint of softener.

Profile Image

from West Virginia

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Great Scent
  • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Small Volume

• Cleaning
  • Home
  • Laundry Room

Comments about Arm & Hammer Liquid Laundry Detergent Plus a Touch of Softener:

This product has been great in my household. I typically use this product to avoid having to use dryer sheets and fabric softener. This is an easy detergent with a lovely scent to it.

The best way to use this detergent is in a cold water wash. I typically use this with all my load sizes in my washing machine with the cold water cycle and on the heavy/soiled option so that it suds up well and helps clean the laundry. It has just a hint of fabric softener in it, which is great because I don't have to stress over stopping the wash cycle or filling up one of those little softener balls that go in the wash.

The clothes come out with just a hint of a clean smell to them. It's a soft scent and it works well. I am able to put these in the dryer or hang dry them without any issues or stiffness. Overall, I recommend this detergent. I wish it came in larger containers at my local store. It's reasonably priced, and works decent. I think this is a win-win detergent.

Smells Wonderfully

from chicago Illinois

Comments about Arm & Hammer Liquid Laundry Detergent Plus a Touch of Softener:

I love the Arm and Hammer brand and this product is not exception as it delivers a great end product after using it to launder your clothing. My clothing are left in better condition then before I used it and they smell wonderful too. They are always so soft and they never have any wrinkles in them. I highly recommend using this product.

This detergent works wonderfully on my clothing. It cleans them perfectly, specifically ground in dirt. I like that I do not have to use a booster in order to get my clothing clean. One capful of this product does the trick and it does not leave a sticky film on my clothing after laundering. It also works great in any temperature of water, even cold water.

I love the scent of this product. The best part of it is it is not overpowering to the nose and does not irritate the skin at all. I love that they scent of it is very faint, so if you don't like it you barely notice it.

It's a pretty good detergent, overall.

Comments about Arm & Hammer Liquid Laundry Detergent Plus a Touch of Softener:

We recently received a donation of Arm & Hammer Liquid Laundry Detergent Plus a Touch of Softener at the facility where I volunteer taking care of rescue animals. This was my first encounter with this particular brand of laundry soap, and I have to say that while I haven't been that thrilled by how well this detergent works, I haven't been totally disappointed, either. I don't think I would ever buy it for my own personal use at home.
Yes, it does an okay job cleaning. Not spectacular, but okay enough. And yes, it does leave the bedding, towels, and so on, soft and fluffy after being washed.
I'm just not impressed.

I -personally feel like it could do a better job cleaning, though the added touch of fabric softener is noticeable. Stains fade in the wash, but it doesn't necessarily remove them entirely.

The scent of this laundry detergent is nice when sniffed from the bottle. I don't notice it lasting through the dryer cycle, though, like I prefer.

Does the job and does it well!

Comments about Arm & Hammer Liquid Laundry Detergent Plus a Touch of Softener:

"Arm and Hammer liquid laundry detergent plus a touch of softener" is a delightful and effective product. The soft scent of Orchard Bloom leaves your laundry smelling fresh and clean, but not like a Victoria's Secret perfume counter.

This laundry detergent leaves whites looking whiter, due to the wonderful addition of baking soda to the formula. Your clothes will look though so clean, and you will love it!

As mentioned previously, the addition of baking soda to a laundry detergent creates a powerful cleaning experience. And with the touch of fabric softener, you have all that you need in one perfect bottle. You can even use this product in high-efficiency machines, as well as in standard washers. Perfect for the energy conscious connoisseur.

I love the fresh light floral aroma. Not overpowering, just a touch of scent. The scent lasts for days after washing as well, so no need to freshen up your laundry before wearing it. Love this product, you will too!

Inexpensive, not for tough stains

Comments about Arm & Hammer Liquid Laundry Detergent Plus a Touch of Softener:

Arm & Hammer Liquid Laundry Detergent Plus a Touch of Softness is an inexpensive detergent that will work effectively for everyday uses, but cannot handle tough stains. I like the light floral scent, as well as the touch of softener in the Arm& Hammer liquid. This detergent is perfect for a load of towels that will be line dried in the summer. The cleaning power is perfect for towels, adds a clean, fresh scent and just the amount of softness you need. However, I did not experience the clean needed for my children's dirty outside play clothes. I had to rewash jeans to get them clean, which becomes a waste of money and my time. This is not a high powered detergent, and adding more detergent does not help with the cleaning power. I have washed all my bedding with Arm& Hammer and have been happy with the results, soft, fresh scent sheets and blankets. Overall, this is fine for everyday loads, but will not battle your tough stains.

Keeps my clothes soft without being irritating.

from Stroudsburg, PA

A Pretty Good Detergent but not my Favorite

Profile Image

from North Hanover, NJ

Comments about Arm & Hammer Liquid Laundry Detergent Plus a Touch of Softener:

Arm and Hammer Laundry Detergent plus a Touch of Softner is just okay in my opinion. I tried this detergent as it was on sale very cheap at my local store and I had a coupon as well so the price was great. I usually use Tide which is my favorite but it is expensive so I decided to try this one. The touch of softner was nice but could use more than a touch so I added some of my own. The clothes came out clean and had a nice smell but did not seem as clean as when I use my regular detergent. For the price, it is a good detergent but I would not want to use it all the time. When they say a "touch of softner", they mean a "touch". It really needs more. However, if a touch is all you want , then this one is perfect. I could not smell the freshness on the clothes the next day which is why I like my other detergent. I like my clothes to smell fresh and clean and this one only left the clothes smelling that way right when they came out of the laundry but not later. It definitely is good for sensitive skin and does not irritate.

Leaves Clothes Dingy.

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about Arm & Hammer Liquid Laundry Detergent Plus a Touch of Softener:

This is not a very good detergent. It isn't as bad as some of the more generic brands like Whisk, but it doesn't get clothes clean. The only thing I found that was even remotely nice about this was the flagrance it gave clothing, and that was it. It's called Arm & Hammer Liquid Laundry Detergent Plus a Touch of Softener, it didn't leave my clothes soft, and it didn't clean my clothing well. I can't believe anyone would buy this stuff, it just doesn't work.

It left stains in some of my clothing. The socks I washed with this were dingy and you could still see dirt marks in some of my sons socks. I actually had to throw out one of my daughters shirts because it didn't even get out a chocolate stain in it. Chocolate shouldn't be that hard to come clean, but this detergent can't clean it. I will never buy their detergents again.

It does have a good scent, but the scent doesn't stay on clothing very long. The nice clean scent disappeared within one to two days from hanging in the closet.

Soft and bright

Comments about Arm & Hammer Liquid Laundry Detergent Plus a Touch of Softener:

This was not initially my go to brand but, more recently there was a sale at the market and at the same time there was a manufacturers coupon available so I was able to try it out for next to nothing. I wasn't going to pass up the deal. As it turns out, I like Arm & Hammer Brand a whole lot. I already knew that I would like the scent because I smelled it in the store so that was the least of my concerns. I initially used the detergent on a small load of whites and was quite surprised at how white the load actually turned out. It's baking soda has white boosting power. It seems very effective at making clothes - whites as well as coloreds cleaner and more bright and vibrant looking. I noticed that the clothing I washed also had a softer feel to them and the actual scent lasted a bit longer in the clothing fibers. To be honest, that has a good and a bad side. I like the fresh scent when I open my dresser or closet but, I often wear cologne and I worry about the mixture of scents. Although others say they don't notice, I do notice the difference in scent. There is a distinct and noticeable difference in the overall appearance and a somewhat noticeable difference in the softness. I am considering switching over to this brand but, I'd prefer a more man friendly scent.

nice scent that lingers

Cleans Clothes and Leaves Clothes Soft

Comments about Arm & Hammer Liquid Laundry Detergent Plus a Touch of Softener:

I am often trying different laundry detergents often buying what's on sale or what I have a coupon for. I have used the regular Arm & Hammer Laundry Detergent before and it worked well. I ran across a sale on the Arm & Hammer Liquid With a Touch of Softener and decided to try it out. It comes in 2 scents, Orchard Bloom and Seaside Breeze. I liked the smell of both kinds so I bought one of each. I noticed with the first load of clothes after they were finished washing the clothes were not plastered to the sides of the washing machine stuck together like they usually are. I threw them into the dryer and waited to see if they would come out soft like fabric softner does with clothes. When they finished drying I pulled them out and everything smelled wonderful and soft. Plus there wasn't any static! After this experience with this detergent I'm sold on using it without fabric softener. For the price it's a great detergent that leaves clothes feeling soft and smelling great!