Other General Household Cleaners:
Arm & Hammer
Arm & Hammer Essentials Multi Surface Cleaner

Arm & Hammer Essentials Multi Surface Cleaner

Arm & Hammer Goes Green with Essentials Multi- Surface Cleaner

Going green is a popular trend nowadays and many different companies have come forward with environmentally- friendly versions of established products. One company that is acting as a leader in this trend is Arm & Hammer and one of it many entries in this growing market is **Arm and Hammer Essentials Multi- Surface Cleaner**, a cleaning product from a trusted name in home care.**Cleaner Commentary:**Arm and Hammer Essentials Multi- Surface Cleaner is a cleaning agent designed to attack greasy residue, break it down, and make cleanup a breeze. It is also a good general cleaner and it has multiple uses on multiple surfaces, such as tile, floors, microwave oven interiors, stove hoods, stove tops, counter tops, sinks, garbage cans, and more. This makes it useful for many rooms in the house, eliminating the need for separate cleaners.

The above qualities are similar to those of other cleaning agents, but what sets Arm and Hammer Essentials Multi- Surface Cleaner apart from its competition is its packaging. It comes with an empty, 32 oz. plastic bottle and a small cartridge that contains the cleaning fluid in concentrated form. To prepare, you just fill the empty trigger spray bottle with water to the marked line, screw the cleaning fluid cartridge onto the top of the plastic bottle filled with water in order to mix, then replace the trigger sprayer, shake, and use.

Arm and Hammer Essentials is Earth- friendly and this should be obvious based on the packaging. First, the use of a cartridge means that the consumer can buy small, replacement cartridges and refill the large plastic bottle with them. This means fewer of the large plastic bottles with plastic trigger sprayer will make their way into landfills. Second, Arm and Hammer Essentials Multi- Surface Cleaner is made from natural plant- based cleaners that include both coconut and palm kernel oil, which are friendlier to the environment. In addition to this, the small refill is less expensive than purchasing a large, full, 32 oz. bottle of general cleaner, so it saves consumers money. Of course, none of this would matter much if Arm and Hammer Essentials Multi- Surface Cleaner wasn't effective at cleaning. And, fortunately, Arm and Hammer Essentials is a highly effective cleaner. I like the way it tackles grease, surrounding it and breaking it up. This makes it ideal for use in the kitchen, but even if grease is not a problem, Arm and Hammer Essentials is still very effective for other cleaning as well. I use it to clean the bathroom sinks and it also comes in handy on my tile floors, when there is a mess to clean up from one of the kids or a yellow puddle left by one of my dogs. Arm and Hammer Essentials wipes up the messes easily and without much effort. Arm and Hammer Essentials has a strong scent and a little bit of cleaner goes a long way. While the product is fine for grease- cutting missions and other basic tasks, I have found that Arm and Hammer Essentials is not as powerful as some of the most powerful cleaners in its class. However, there is one advantage with a cleaner like this: You can use just a little bit less water and increase the concentration and cleaning strength. You can't do this with pre- mixed cleaners and this makes up for the comparative lack of cleaning strength. **Bottom- Line Viewpoint:**

Arm and Hammer Essentials Multi- Surface Cleaner is a very good product from one of the best and most respected names in home care. It reduces the disposable plastic and costs less for consumers in the long run because all they need to buy is the small, cartridge refill instead of a full container of cleaner. It would be nice if the refills were more readily available (only a few retailers carry them), but if you can find this Arm and Hammer product, I recommend making a purchase. It is a very good product that cleans up greasy messes, scrubs many stains clean, and works on multiple surfaces for an around- the- house level of clean.

Few product smells that I can't stand! This is a one of them :(

I don't go through cleaning products very fast so I need to be comfortable with how they work and the smell they give off.

I am completely disgusted by the smell of...Read complete review

I am completely disgusted by the smell of this product. I can not stand it and would not suggest it to anyone for this very reason!

I was initially very excited about it because of the name: Arm & Hammer. Have they ever led me astray before? NO! I love their products and feel they offer great cleaning products!

I cleaned several surfaces with this particular cleaner and found that it does work. It works pretty good actually. I just can't stand the smell. I feel this is very unfortunate because it does work so well.

I decided to give it "another try" several times thinking it was just a fluke it smelt so bad the first time. I still had to leave the room and let the smell die down before I could return. I almost could not finish cleaning the counter at the time.

I feel it is really unforntunate the smell overpowers me so much because I really thought it did a great job at cleaning!

I wish stores carried this

from Minot Afb, ND

Comments about Arm & Hammer Essentials Multi Surface Cleaner:

This is a great multi surface product, i had bought this last year and can't find it anymore at our walmart store but i love the product. You can even use this product on windows! I litererally used this everywhere and it worked great and was earth, people and pet friendly. It's so easy to use that anyone could use and refill this product because i only intails a small bottle of cleaner and water! I love the fact that most of this was water and that you could refill it without throughing away a big bottle each time. Plus they usually have the refills in a 2pack which could probally last you 6 months to a year easy. I only had one and it lasted me close to or more then 6months, it also works great in carpets and does take out smells too which i dont think it tells people. It has a great scent and you won't feel like you covering something up or that things are still dirty as if you were using a heavy cleaner.

Essentials cleaner will clean anything

from Appleton, WI

Comments about Arm & Hammer Essentials Multi Surface Cleaner:

I am not a die hard environmentalist who will not use anything but natural items but I am concerned about the environment to a certain degree.  When I first saw the Arm & Hammer essentials products in the store I was very intrigued.  I had known for many years that a big part of spray cleaners is water.  I am very impressed with the new marketing of this product.  I love that when I am out of one of the cleaners that I can just go to the store and buy this teeny tiny little replacement bottle of the concentrate and be ready to go.  The cleaner is very effective and works well even on dried on spills and messes.  The scent is very pleasant and has a very clean note to it.  I love to clean the counters in my kitchen with it and then just smell how clean the room smells.  The multi surface cleaner works well on all types of surfaces.  I have used it in my bathroom and kitchen and have never had an issue with it.

Won't buy anything else - Smells fantastic, works GREAT!!!

from Rocky Hill, CT

Comments about Arm & Hammer Essentials Multi Surface Cleaner:

Arm & Hammer cleaners with small refill bottles are awesome! I bought the first one,     Glass Cleaner - and as soon as I mixed it, I was in love with the smell! Then it worked as well or better than any major brand, so I bought the Multi-Surface one - same results.

Yesterday I found the Cleaner & Degreaser formula - WOW! I just used it on my glass top stove. I usually have to clean it 2 times to get all the grease first, and then go over it again a few times to get the streaks off.  This product  just completely removed grease spatters and left no streaks at all in ONE application!  No going over it 2-3 times more to get every streak -like I said WOW!

I just hope they don't discontinue it!.

Arm & Hammer Essentials is AWESOME!!!!!

from Lakewood, CA

Comments about Arm & Hammer Essentials Multi Surface Cleaner:

What can I say about this product??? Well it is great and works and millions of surfaces. I use it everywhere in the house, the office and car too. It has a clean fresh scent and strong enough to wipe out grease, stains and messes, but also gentle enough so that I do not fear ruining fabrics, leathers and other surfaces. I usually buy this when I see it at the 99 cent store. And yes pay 99 cent that includes the small refillable bottle. What a great deal. And I almost always reuse the bottle when it empties for another purpose. Doing my eco friendly part to minimize land fill overflow. And also helping my pocketbook at the same time. This is a super product. I buy this product when available in bulk. It gets used so often in so many places, that even diluted this product doesnt last long in my home. Highly recommend.

My favorite cleaner!

from Northampton, PA

Comments about Arm & Hammer Essentials Multi Surface Cleaner:

Arm and Hammer Essentials Multi Surface Cleaner is my favorite cleaner. I like to use natural products instead of harsh chemicals because I have kids, and I tried the Seventh Generation multi-purpose cleaner, but it just wouldn't clean at all. Arm and Hammer Essentials Multi Surface Cleaner cuts through grease on my stove and counters, cleans up shoe prints on the floor, washes up food that has dried on (I have 2 little boys and a lot of food messes). I like that it is a plant-based cleaner. I appreciate that I can use it to clean surfaces where my children eat and I don't have to worry about chemicals. One of the best things about it is that you keep reusing the plastic container. You just buy the little refills, which saves money and plastic too! It smells really great-better than Seventh Generation or Method cleaners. I also use it to clean the shower, and it takes care of soap scum really well!

OMG I Love These Stuff

from Mesquite, TX

Comments about Arm & Hammer Essentials Multi Surface Cleaner:

I bought this many months ago and to be honest I didn't think that it would do a great job or even a good job mainly because it contained only planet based products. I did not think that it was going to clean anything. Boy was I so so wrong, I used this to clean my table tops and I was super duper surprised by how well it got up food spots and how well it cleaned my table. I also used this to clean my counter tops which are granite and not one grease spot was left. I have also used this to clean my windows and my sliding glass doors, to clean up spots on my kitchen floor, to clean my stovetop and it worked great on all 5 surfaces. I would recommend this to anyone who has small children and if you do not want to use harsh chemicals around them or if you have bad allergies or asthma. The smell reminds me of Windex. One thing that I would tell people, buy more than one because you will totally fall in love with it.

Great value

from Houston, TX

Comments about Arm & Hammer Essentials Multi Surface Cleaner:

This product is an amazing value, and it's great for the environment (added bonus), and it's great to store.  The refills are concentrated cleaning product that is easy to refill in the bottle.  All you do is screw on the refill to the bottle and fill the rest of the bottle with water.  The best part is that I don't have to store multiple large bottles of cleaning product in my home.  I like that you don't have to throw away the big bottle because I love the concept of reusing and recycling.  The cleaning product works incredibly well, and it smells clean without a strong odor.  Arm and hammer is a very reliable and trustworthy brand in which I am comfortable to use in my home with 2 animals.  I don't have to worry about them licking the product (as it dries quickly), and after it dries I don't worry about remnants of the product.  It is bright green in color, and the bottle does a great job of dispensing the product in a light mist (which of course preserves much of the cleaning product, so little goes to waste).

Few product smells that I can't stand! This is a one of them :(

from Saint Louis, MO

The new smell of clean!

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Arm & Hammer Essentials Multi Surface Cleaner:

**When this first came out, there was a try me free offer- you bought the product and mailed in a form, the UPC and the receipt.  Arm & Hammer sent you your money back.  I like Try Me Frees, so I did it.  Little did I know that I would fall madly in love with Arm & Hammer Essentials Multi Surface Cleaner.**

**It's amazing-It cleans my kitchen, two bathroom and the elipitical that sometimes gets a weird slate sweaty smell from too much use. **

**I never have a problem with streaks or a weird scent- It smells fresh, not at all like other cleansers.  I like that it is made with plant extracts too.**

**I was having problems finding refills, but found a cache of them a a local 99 cent store.  I stocked up on refills and now the family and I are set for at least a year of cleaning!**

****

**The other Arm and Hammer Essentials are great too.  The entire line has replaced pretty much every other cleaning spray and product we were using!**

****

Natural cleaner great for the whole house! Can't go wrong!

from Binghamton, NY

Comments about Arm & Hammer Essentials Multi Surface Cleaner:

I started using the Arm & Hammer Essentials cleaners about a year and a half ago and have quit using most other cleaners in my house.  I found that the Arm & Hammer Multi-Surface cleaner has the power to clean almost any surface in my home.  From the bathroom to the kitchen to the laundry room, it continues to perform as well as, if not better than many of my old cleaners.  The only things that have "stumped" it are calcium and lime deposits in a sink where the faucet was left dripping - but those are really hard to remove with out special cleaners anyway!

I love that Arm & Hammer Essentials come in small refill packages and I'm not having to throw away and replace large bottles every time I run out of cleaner.  Now that I'm a mom, I'm more aware of what is in our home environment.  The all natural ingredients reassure me that I'm not adding harmful chemicals or toxins to our home environment.