3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

• Odor Control:

DOUBLE DUTY fulfills promises, but this litter disappears fast!

One great coupon and one excellent sale equaled our first animal-family experience with **Arm & Hammer DOUBLE DUTY Clumping Cat Litter**.  The results?  Everything **Arm & Hammer** promised and more...

**DOUBLE DUTY **knocks out the odor of *both* pee and poo even when the latter is left uncovered.  (Our other favorite litter does *not* work this miracle on exposed feces.)

Saturated **DOUBLE DUTY **clumps really solidly for removal even from the corners of the cat box.  (Our other favorite litter tends to be very gluey in the tight spots.  This can make a mess of the scoop as well as the box.)

**DOUBLE DUTY** is only minimally dusty (the maker claims 99% dust free) and seems to track less because of its weighty, sandy quality.  (Our other favorite litter is lighter weight, and bits of it sometimes lodge between our cat's toes.)

Why will I continue to buy our other favorite litter if the coupon and sale price are right?  Because it lasts longer in the box.  With **Arm & Hammer DOUBLE DUTY Clumping Cat Litter**, the same properties that probably make it work better also use it up faster.  When the box is nearly empty after two weeks of a big 31-pound box, I figure I'll end up paying almost twice as much to use **Arm & Hammer**.  I'll also be lugging in twice as many 25 to 31-pound boxes every time I stock up at the pet store.

Quality is an issue, and so is price when it comes to clumping cat litters.  Thankfully, our Vivo accepts both famous litter brands.  Apart from the fact that **Arm & Hammer** has a bright clean smell, and our other brand has a more perfumelike fragrance, I might be tempted to try a mix of the two, but...

... if budget and toting heavy weight weren't issues, I'd go for **Arm & Hammer DOUBLE DUTY** hands down.

undecided if i will purchase again

I used to use regular cat litter, the non clumping kind and I decided to switch over to clumping in the hopes of keeping the litter box cleaner and less messy. I have 6 cats and it is a struggle to keep the box cleaned out and not stinking. I have been trying all kinds of clumping litter by different brands and I just bought the arm and hammer double duty cat litter about a week ago. I bought the big box and was Happy that it was under 10$ I got home and washed out the litter box and filled it to the recommended depth for best clumpage. Right off the bat, I didn't like the scent of it. It has a strange smell, not necessarily a bad smell but a weird smell. I was hoping that it was maybe going to help with the odors but it didn't. I keep the box scooped out as much as I can but when I'm gone most of the day it gets pretty soiled. The first time I was gone for a few hours I came home and could smell the litter box on the other side of my house. It smelled like a cross between the funky litter smell and cat poop. The litter seems to cover up the urine but it does nothing to cover the poop smell. The litter clumps pretty well but it gets yucky pretty fast and needs to be dumped out and washed then refilled. So because of that, the litter dwindles very fast. I've already used about double the amount of litter that I would have used with the previous brand I was using. I am pretty sure I would not buy this again. It just isn't going to work for my situation. I think that this litter would be better suited for a home with less cats. I still have yet to find a clumping cat litter that works well enough for me to pick it as my permanent brand. The price is pretty low and the amount of product you get for your money is great, but I do not recommend it to homes with over a couple cats. It probably works okay for a couple of cats.

undecided if i will purchase again

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

Cons

• Messy
    • Smells Bad

from Saint Petersburg Fl

Comments about Arm & Hammer Double Duty Clumping Litter:

There was a time when Arm & Hammer was the only litter I would buy. This particular litter is not bad but it's nowhere as good as the price you pay for it. I don't like the fact that it's a very dusty litter and it has a scent that I'm not really fond of. As far as the litter itself, It's alright. Over priced but alright.

Moisture Absorption
      It absorbs no better in my opinion than the less expensive brands and may be a bit more dusty. I have to be very careful when filling the box as it can make quite a dust cloud.

It's a clumping litter and is no easier to clean than most of the less expensive brands of clumping litter.

Odor Control
      I'm not sure how good it is at controlling odor as I use baking soda with all litter anyway and clean the box a few times a day so there is minimal odor.

It seems to me over the last few years that Arm & Hammer has changed the product. I don't remember this much dust and for me, it's maybe a little messier than a lot of litters. I have used this product over the years and I believe they have changed it.

Keeps Kitty Litter Odors at Bay

from Chicagoland, IL

Comments about Arm & Hammer Double Duty Clumping Litter:

I've pretty much used all of the versions of Arm & Hammer cat litter products, but this version has become my go-to product. Even though I'm a daily scooper and I only have one cat, Double Duty does a good job of keeping odors contained on the rare occasions I'm not able to scoop promptly. Or during the occasions when Persia decides she's not going to even attempt to cover her poo.

I never find myself wrestling with gooey clumps or ones that crumble in a million pieces while you're trying to scoop. The moisture absorption and clumping work well and that makes my job a lot easier.

I honestly never really smell the litter except on a few occasions when she hasn't attempted a cover-up. It really does do double duty because I don't smell the urine or the poo. Not sure how well it works if you're not a daily scooper or if you have a multiple cat household. But for my purposes, Arm & Hammer Double Duty seems to work pretty well, most of the time.

Reputable with Good Reason

from Fairfield, VA

Comments about Arm & Hammer Double Duty Clumping Litter:

Arm & Hammer cat litters have never disappointed me, no matter what the variety, and despite whether it was scented or unscented. Double Duty Clumping Litter is worth using with the more high maintenance cats.

Moisture Absorption
      Arm & Hammer Double Duty clumps as well as I've ever seen-and when you take the clumps out its very obvious that you have taken all the moisture in the box with you.

The clumping makes cleaning as simple as I can imagine it to be, and it clumps WELL. When I completely replace littler there is seldom any litter sticking to the box, which is wonderful. I have not needed cat pat liners.

Odor Control
      I can leave the box a few days before it gets smelly, if I have to. If feces isn't buried it obviously has an odor, but because it soaks up urine smell so well, I seldom smell that unless the cat urinates on the side of the box. Buying additional odor eliminating powder with Double Duty has never been necessary for me.

It is as easy as a cat litter can possibly be, without the box emptying itself for me!

My Go To Brand of Litter

from Upland, CA USA

Comments about Arm & Hammer Double Duty Clumping Litter:

I have two cats and even though they are indoor and outdoor, they seem to come in to use the litter box instead of nature outdoors! This can make for a lot of smells and this Double Duty litter has been great for all of us. My only complaint is that is tracks quite a bit and I have to keep the area swept up.

Moisture Absorption
      I am so impressed with its clumping ability. More importantly, the clumps stay together even when stepped on or being scooped out.

This is probably my only small complaint. To completely empty the box and clean it is a bit challenging, but because the clumping is so good, scooping the litter is often enough and I don't have to completely change the box very often.

Odor Control
      Great odor control, even when the messes are solid ones. If my cat doesn't cover the mess up the smell is pretty strong, but I don't know any litter that can control that issue.

I love how easy it is to scoop out all messes.

• Odor Control:

I'm not a fan and neither is the cat

Comments about Arm & Hammer Double Duty Clumping Litter:

I do not recomend this liter at all if you don't like sneezing, your cat getting sick and especially not if you have a converted litter pan. It is so extremely dusty that when we used this the litter pan had to be filled up outside and had to be left for nearly an hour until the dust settles. The first time we used it I was unaware it was so dusty and even though i left the top off my cat coughed so much he threw up because it was so dusty! Everytime i changed it, it was so dusty I was coughing and sneezing all over the place. That, to me is very unsanitary for it to be so dusty after being used. Not to mention it was so clumpy it would stick to my cats fur and get all over the house. The only reason I would give this more than 1 star is that it really doesn't smell all that bad. When changed enough it smells pretty ok, just very dusty. I guess it may be more worth it in a multi cat home where the cats have a large open room for the liter pans but otherwise it's too dusty to be worth it.

Arm & Hammer double duty cat litter

Comments about Arm & Hammer Double Duty Clumping Litter:

Arm & Hammer is my favorite cat litter to buy and no matter the price I always find myself buying this brand over any other. I have a very sensitive nose and can not stand any odors in my home. I have tried other litters that I had to throw out because the actual litter odor was awful. This litter has a surprisingly pleasant scent to it and does not make my whole house stink like bad perfume or cleaner. I also do not know right away that my cat went in it, it masks the odors very well and keeps the smell very well contained in the clump. It is easy to scoop as well.

Moisture Absorption
      Absorbs very well and creates a nice tight clump that is easy to remove.

Clumps scoop right up. I do find that if I wait a bit after my cat goes the clumps get very hard and there is less chance that any little bits will break off into the rest of the litter.

Odor Control
      I do not smell anything and neither does anyone coming into my home. My parents even asked where we kept the litter box because they could not smell anything!

I pour in a few inches into the litter box, easy as that.

It was ok

Comments about Arm & Hammer Double Duty Clumping Litter:

I have a 10 lb living stink bomb in my house. My poor little cat can stink everyone, including the dog, out of a room she creates smells so bad. I bought this thinking that it would help the situation. It did work pretty well. I think part of the problem is my cat is lazy and doesn't bother to actually cover her messes.

Moisture Absorption
      It was great at absorbing the liquid in the box!

This stuff was super easy to scoop, no falling apart or making a mess.

Odor Control
      Yeah it controlled odor better than others out there. Do I think it does everything it claims, eh not so much. I think even if my cat had covered up her messes in the box it still wouldn't have been able to contain all of the smell.

Super easy to use! It comes in box, sometimes the handle breaks, sometimes it doesn't. I never have a problem getting the box open or pouring it. I never pour it all over the floor either, they designed the placement and size of the pouring hole well.

Smells good

Comments about Arm & Hammer Double Duty Clumping Litter:

The advertising was right. This litter controlled the smell. Other than that I have found other litters to be better. This litter is a bit more pricey than its competitors. Over all this a nice product.

Moisture Absorption
      This litter isn't terrible, but it isn't the best option out there. I found this litter to be too 'clumping' and that didn't work for our cat or our household.

This litter made cleaning the litter box fairly easy. It did start to clump too much, which is a hassle. The wet litter stuck to the box far too often so we had to try to hose it out just about every month which is not a fun job.

Odor Control
      This is the best odor control litter I have used. We have had cats for almost my entire life and this is worth the money if you are looking for an odor control remedy. I like that the scent isn't strong, but yet it holds in the nasty smells. That is a hard task and this litter passes the test.

It can't be much easier than this. The litter container is easy to use. It isn't too awkward to pour or carry which is a big plus. The litter does clump a bit too much for our liking, but it holds the moisture well. It also holds the smells very well, especially for when you have large gatherings at your house or are out of town for the weekend.

• Odor Control:

This Cat Litter Works Great!

Comments about Arm & Hammer Double Duty Clumping Litter:

We have found that this brand does a really nice job.

Moisture Absorption
      This brand does really well at absorbing our two cats' "business". One of my cats is elderly and goes A LOT and this cat litter is able to stand up to her!

It is really nice how well it clumps. My 7 year old helps out with cleaning the cat boxes and even she is able to scoop all the clumps out as they don't fall apart so easily.

Odor Control
      Does a really nice job of keeping odor under control without smelling of yucky perfume or anything.

So easy to use a child can do it!