Other Toothpastes:

Arm & Hammer Complete Care Extra Whitening Toothpaste

Pros

Cons

Arm & Hammer offers Complete Care for Your Teeth

Toothpastes no longer offer the simple choice between fluoride vs. non- fluoride options. Today, fluoride is a given and in addition to that, one can expect tartar- fighting ingredients, whitening, peroxide, sensitive teeth options, and more. One of the many multi- functioning toothpastes on the market is **Arm & Hammer Complete Care Extra Whitening**, a complete tooth care product. **Toothpaste Commentary:**Arm & Hammer is a trusted name in home products and the company offers an ever- growing inventory of toothpaste options. It makes sense that Arm & Hammer would enter the toothpaste market, given that many people like to brush their teeth using Arm & Hammer baking soda. Arm & Hammer Complete Care Extra Whitening with peroxide is one of a growing variety of toothpastes to carry the Arm & Hammer label and it ranks as one of Arm & Hammer's most complete toothpastes, with ingredients to protect against tartar, cavities, plaque, bad breath, and more. I have used a few of the Arm & Hammer toothpastes, but I tend to go for the ones like Arm & Hammer Complete Care Extra Whitening, due to its added ingredients and added abilities. This toothpaste does a good job in the whitening category, with the peroxide bubbles helping to cleanse the teeth and make them cleaner and brighter than other toothpastes. It is also gentle on the gums, with only a mild level of abrasion. The paste is white in color with a flavor that falls somewhere between spearmint and peppermint. This tooth care product includes peroxide for extra whitening, along with other ingredients to fight cavities, fight tartar climax and freshen breath.

As for the taste, Arm & Hammer Complete Care Extra Whitening offers a decent minty flavor, but the flavor isn't as fresh as other mint toothpastes I have used. Not only that, but there is a certain chemical flavor, just beneath the minty surface. I have also noticed that this toothpaste has a bit of a drying effect in the mouth and it's a little sweeter than I prefer. The taste isn't bad and it certainly doesn't discourage me from using it, but there are better flavored toothpastes on the market, not to mention other choices that don't dry out the mouth. Arm & Hammer Complete Care Extra Whitening offers good cleaning ability and your teeth certainly feel smooth and clean after each use. Brushing for about three to five minutes should be enough to cleanse the teeth and leave them feeling clean. Some of the other additives help to keep tartar under control and/or fight cavities. Arm & Hammer seems as good as any other in these latter categories

**Bottom- Line Viewpoint:**

Toothpastes continue to offer more and more and Arm & Hammer Complete Care Extra Whitening with peroxide is a good toothpaste for a sense of complete clean. The taste isn't the best I have ever tried, but it is good enough to pass. Add to that a lower than average price and you have a tooth care product worth trying.

DO NOT USE ARM & HAMMER COMPLETE CARE TOOTHPASTE!!!

I purchased this toothpaste and noticed a slightly uncomfortable tingling sensation in my mouth after I used it.  I didn't think much of it, just assuming that was the baking soda at work.  When my husband used it, his lips swelled up about 3 times their normal size.  He said it was extrememly painful.  It took him a few days to realize that it was the toothpaste causing his lips to swell and it took a few days for them to heal after he discontinued use.  He then recalled that he had used the toothpaste once a few weeks prior and the same thing had happened!I looked on-line after this incident and there were many other reviews of the same thing.  I wrote to Arm & Hammer notifying them that their product was hurting people, and I never got a response and this product is still on the shelves.  PLEASE do not buy this product - you many be one of the many that will have a painful reaction to it.

Fresh breath, clean feel.

Comments about Arm & Hammer Complete Care Extra Whitening Toothpaste:

I love this toothpaste. I would usually brush my teeth about three to four times a day, however, with this toothpaste, I only feel I need to brush twice a day! The first time you use it, the fresh, minty taste and feel is a bit starteling, but once you get used to it, you start to enjoy it! I feel extra clean expecially when I use this toothpaste after a good flossing. I feel like it gets in to all the crevices and really disinfects after flossing. One downside though: if you have very sensitive teeth, this is not the product for you. I had a cavity that needed to be filled and it was quite irritating every time a glob to toothpaste touched it. It literally felt like I was chewing on a piece of tin foil. You can also tell there is baking soda for whitening in this product. I don't know if my teeth are actually whiter but it sure feels like it! Use this paste, and you will be happy all day long.

An decent toothpaste

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Arm & Hammer Complete Care Extra Whitening Toothpaste:

I wouldn't call Arm & Hammer Complete Care Extra Whitening Toothpaste my favorite, but it does a great job at cleaning my teeth. I prefer a strong mint or peppermint flavor in the toothpaste I use, but this toothpaste tastes like baking soda. It doesn't freshen your breath, only cleans your teeth and gums. I use it occasionally when my teeth feel sensitive because it's a gentle, non abrasive toothpaste. I also notice my teeth getting whiter with use. I wish they would make it taste better than it would be a well rounded toothpaste. I always make sure the toothpaste I purchase has fluoride in it to prevent cavities. I used to get a couple cavities a year until I started using a fluoride toothpaste and mouthwash. Now I don't have to walk into the dentist's office feeling embarrassed because I have another cavities that needs filled. I like the texture of the toothpaste, but not the taste.

Only an 8 because of the taste

from Stanton, CA

Comments about Arm & Hammer Complete Care Extra Whitening Toothpaste:

I love the Arm and Hammer brand all around. They make some really wonderful, quality products that are very well known for getting things clean. This Complete Care Extra Whitening toothpaste is one of those things that is great for getting your teeth clean. Baking soda (which is one of the main ingredients in this toothpaste) is something that is good at getting your teeth white. Many people make a concoction with it and put it right on their teeth. This Arm and Hammer toothpaste includes this ingredient for you, and saves you the need for further whitening of your teeth. It really does work to get your teeth whiter and it does give you clean teeth. The only thing that I dislike about it is the taste. Baking soda comes at a price for being so good at whitening your teeth- it tastes terrible. I found myself being relieved when it was time to spit the toothpaste out and rinse. It works great, but I would love if the taste could somehow be improved.

Too harsh for my teeth and gums

from Marietta, GA

Comments about Arm & Hammer Complete Care Extra Whitening Toothpaste:

Since I had read a lot about the benefits of brushing your teeth with baking soda, I thought I would try this toothpaste. Unfortunately, it turned out to be too harsh for my mouth. The flavor is a little unusual and takes some getting used to. The texture of the toothpaste is very rough. It feels like there is sand in it, and it irritated by gums. After using the toothpaste for a few days, I started to get sores on my gums. At first I was not sure if these were caused by the toothpaste, but I had to stop using it since it irritated the sores. Once I stopped using the toothpaste, the sores started to go away. When I mentioned all of this during my annual teeth cleaning, the dental hygienist said that she does not recommend this toothpaste because so many people find it to be too abrasive for their teeth and gums. The toothpaste did its job, and my mouth felt clean after brushing with it, but the harshness of the product makes it something that I can't recommend.

A neutral tasting toothpaste that doesn't freshen breath

Comments about Arm & Hammer Complete Care Extra Whitening Toothpaste:

I bought this toothpaste for about six months because of sales and coupons. I really liked that it was manufactured by Arm & Hammer because this is a brand I trust. I like the inclusion of baking soda as an ingredient as it made me feel this was a more natural product. This toothpaste was solid white and rather pasty in texture. I did not see any visible whitening benefits of using Arm & Hammer Complete Care Extra Whitening toothpaste after 6 months worth of use.

The reason I stopped buying Arm & Hammer toothpaste was because it did not leave your mouth feeling minty or fresh. It has a very neutral taste, not sweet, minty, or strong. I like this at first. But over time I realized that "fresh breath feel" after brushing my teeth would dissipate as soon as 10 minutes after I brushed with Arm & Hammer. Other minty toothpastes with a strong flavor left my mouth feeling fresh and my breath smelling good for much longer than an hour. I also prefer the texture of using a gel toothpaste.

Leaves my teeth feeling clean

Comments about Arm & Hammer Complete Care Extra Whitening Toothpaste:

This is by far my favorite tooth paste. It leaves my teeth feeling totally clean as if I just came from the dentist's office. I believe the key ingredient is the peroxide. It also leaves my teeth whiter than any other toothpaste I have tried. I would highly recommend this product.

one I trust

Comments about Arm & Hammer Complete Care Extra Whitening Toothpaste:

I have to say, using this product on my teeth for a year twice a day it really has whitened my teeth. It leaves a wonderful mint smell in your mouth and keeps it there for hours on end. I used to have nasty breath because I would brush with just baking soda. This product keeps my breath fresh and the whitening in the toothpaste may not be over a few week period, but overtime I have seen my teeth go from a coffee stained yellow to a wonderful five or six shades lighter. If I use another whitening strip product it would give me the smile I really want, but for now this toothpaste is right in my price range and keeps my teeth bright and my breath very fresh.
I have told so many people to go out and try this product once they became engaged or have an up coming party to attend. In about two weeks I saw a difference in my smile. after a year of using the product I have found my smile to be whiter than I imagined it could be.

Arm & Hammer Fist Pump

from Portland, TX

Comments about Arm & Hammer Complete Care Extra Whitening Toothpaste:

Okay, so Arm & Hammer is well-known for its baking soda and whitening formulas. If you have ever used Arm & Hammer baking soda to brush your teeth, you will understand why the Arm & Hammer toothpaste is a must-have! Not only does it whiten your teeth but it also leaves your teeth and mouth feeling smooth, fresh, and clean. The flavor is a little cliche' but it leaves breath feeling fresh and smells much better than bad breath. I wish that this toothpaste was advertised a little bit more so it could be available in more stores. I also think that if they had commercials showing the difference in color of teeth before and after, it would retrieve a lot of new consumers (they would not even need to edit photographs because it really IS very effective!). I would pick this toothpaste over Crest, Colgate, and Oral-B any day! Bring on the white and smooth chompers and the compliments will roll in!

Did not like the grainy texture

Comments about Arm & Hammer Complete Care Extra Whitening Toothpaste:

I decided to try Arm & Hammer Complete Care Extra Whitening Toothpaste when I saw it was on sale and was also supposed to be a whitening toothpaste. What more could you ask for? When I used it, I really did not like the flavor of the toothpaste. It left a strange taste in my mouth, and it didn't seem to really do a great job of getting my teeth clean. Typical toothpastes seem to create a foam in your mouth that leaves you with a clean feeling. The Arm & Hammer toothpaste did not foam at all. It had a grainy texture, which I did not like at all. Also, I do not feel like it did anything to help whiten my teeth. There was absolutely no difference in the marks on my teeth during the time I used this toothpaste.

I honestly only used this for about a week before I had to throw it away. Som much for trying to save some money. I do not plan to purchase Arm & Hammer Toothpaste again in the future, even if they are basically giving it away.

Great to use a toothpaste with baking soda.

Comments about Arm & Hammer Complete Care Extra Whitening Toothpaste:

I love this toothpaste because I love using a toothpaste that includes baking soda. That element really makes my teeth feel clean and smooth, and I feel that they stay that way longer as opposed to using a toothpaste without baking soda. I've tried other toothpastes with a whitening aspect that did nothing to whiten my teeth. I think most companies just put that on their toothpaste box to sell more product. However, I have noticed a difference in how white my teeth look since I've been using this product. They have whitened a shade or two and I've been using it for about two months. I also believe that the baking soda is to thank for the whitening element. I have gave it a nine instead of a ten based on taste. It definitely does not taste bad, but I would have to say that you can definitely taste the baking soda. So it gives a little bit of a funny taste, but it isn't overwhelming or a deal breaker.