Other Toothpastes:

Arm & Hammer Advanced White Baking Soda & Peroxide Toothpaste

Pros

Cons

Arm and Hammer Advanced White Cleans so very Well

Baking soda is a great cleaning tool and it makes a difference when used to brush the teeth. Some use baking soda direct, right from the package, for brushing teeth. But there is one company that not only makes the world’s best selling baking soda, it also adds its own baking soda to its lineup of toothpastes. And one of its better products is **Arm & Hammer Advanced White Baking Soda and Peroxide Toothpaste.**

**Toothpaste Commentary:**

Arm & Hammer Advanced White Baking Soda and Peroxide Toothpaste is a very good tooth care product that scrubs the teeth clean with its added baking soda while also helping to whiten the teeth through its special whitening ingredients. It even adds peroxide to the mix for an added dimension of clean.

Many toothpastes have passed through our bathroom and Arm & Hammer Advanced White Baking Soda and Peroxide Toothpaste ranks as one of the better ones in the bunch. The combination of fluoride for decay prevention, peroxide and baking soda for extra cleaning, and special whiteners for a brighter smile place this toothpaste well ahead of the pack. Teeth look and feel cleaner when you use this Arm & Hammer product and the fresh taste lingers for a while after use.

Arm & Hammer Advanced White Baking Soda and Peroxide Toothpaste does contain a good deal of baking soda and for that reason, its taste is a little different from other toothpaste products. It has a slightly chalky texture but as long as you can get past this quality and appreciate the baking soda for its cleaning abilities, you will enjoy this tooth care product.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Baking soda makes a noticeable difference in any toothpaste and Arm & Hammer Advanced White Baking Soda and Peroxide Toothpaste is definitely a product with much to offer. The product leaves the teeth feeling squeaky clean and with the Arm and Hammer name on the package, you really cannot go wrong. Yes, it is priced a little higher than other Arm & Hammer products, but the performance of this product is much better than most and it ranks among the favorites for our family.

Arm & Hammer toothpaste- bad taste, clean teeth

I know Arm and Hammer products have been around for ages, but I had never actually tried an Arm and Hammer product before (with the sole exception of Baking Soda) until a few months ago. I tried this Arm and Hammer Advanced White toothpaste with Baking Soda and Peroxide. My first thought was that the toothpaste tastes bad- which of course is because of the baking soda element. I've heard that baking soda is wonderful for cleaning teeth, but I didn't expect to taste it quite as much. Also, I'm a '2-minute brusher' with my teeth (good oral hygiene!). As I brush for the complete two minutes, this toothpaste gets very foamy. I noticed that it foams more than other brands that I've used. I end up with so much foam in my mouth that it's difficult to contain (sorry, bad mental picture). But, the one thing that I DO LIKE about this toothpaste is that it leaves my teeth feeling clean. I guess the baking soda does the trick after all. Although I can get the clean feeling from other toothpastes, too, and then I don't have to deal with the bad taste and too much foam.

Only toothpaste I use

from Henderson, NV

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Cleans Hard To Reach Spots
  • Clean Teeth
  • Easy To Use
  • Gentle On Gums

Cons

• Bad Breath
    • Daily Use
    • Prevent Cavities
    • Whitening

Comments about Arm & Hammer Advanced White Baking Soda & Peroxide Toothpaste:

If you are looking for a safe toothpaste that gets the job done, this is it. This is the only toothpaste I use and have my family using. You can feel this working to get your teeth clean and your breath fresh. It is very thick so you do not need to use a lot and it does not have an over bearing taste.

Very good at maintaining a white smile!

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about Arm & Hammer Advanced White Baking Soda & Peroxide Toothpaste:

I brush my teeth with arm and hammer advanced white baking soda and peroxide toothpaste twice a day! The one with the blue label! The flavor is alright, minty but not very flavorful which I don't mind. It keeps my breath smelling very fresh, really takes care of that morning breath! The texture takes a little getting use to at first it's not as sticky as some toothpastes but I love this toothpaste and have gotten used to the texture. It was odd the first couple of times I used it but definetly didn't divert me from using it. The best thing about this toothpaste is it's whitening power! I have been using it for a couple years now. I was always doing the white strips and whitening kits before I found this toothpaste but those can get expensive and fade out over time. They're also a pain to use and can be time filling and I've experienced some pain after using those products. But with this toothpaste I haven't had to use any other whitening products because this maintains my white smile like nothing else I have tried! I always receive compliments on my bright smile and it is in part thanks to this toothpaste! It gently whitens and I haven't had any problems with tooth sensitivity like I did with some whitening products. Love this toothpaste!

The only toothpaste I will buy

from Ellwood City, PA

Comments about Arm & Hammer Advanced White Baking Soda & Peroxide Toothpaste:

I do not have the beautiful white teeth that I would like to have. I drink coffee and I smoke. I also love blueberries. And I have an occasional glass of red wine. Therefore, I need a toothpaste that will help me keep the stains off my teeth. I can tell you that this toothpaste does do a good job at whitening. I love the taste and with baking soda and peroxide it leaves a fresh clean felling for a long time after brushing. The taste is not a gagging sweet taste like many toothpastes. I don't pay attention to the price because I just buy the two pack so that I always have a back up. There is one draw back and that is that although I searched high and low for a very small travel size of this toothpaste I was not able to find it. I love this toothpaste so much that I packed the regular 6 ounce tube and therefore decided that I would be checking a bag at the airport because I did not have a 3 ounce size of toothpaste to pack on a carry on.

Love Arm & Hammer!!

Comments about Arm & Hammer Advanced White Baking Soda & Peroxide Toothpaste:

The Arm & Hammer Advanced White Baking Soda & Peroxide Toothpaste is a very good toothpaste. I usually like most toothpaste and like trying different brands and flavors but this toothpaste is one that I will probably be buying over and over again.

I like white teeth

from Fountain Inn, SC

Comments about Arm & Hammer Advanced White Baking Soda & Peroxide Toothpaste:

The Arm and Hammer advance white toothpaste is great. I have never had my teeth professionally whitened or used trays or any other type of whitener. I do brush my teeth with whitening toothpaste twice daily, morning and night.
    After consistently using this toothpaste I was suprised when my dental hygienist commented on how white my teeth were. She asked what I used! Not only are my teeth white but this leaves a clean feeling in my mouth. It is the fresh mint flavor that I use which is not overpowering but it does taste refreshing. I am very pleased with this toothpaste and plan on continuing to use it. I also had a no cavity visit with the dentist. Since this is a tartar control and flouride toothpaste I think that helps.

Arm & Hammer Advanced White Toothpaste is a good value on sale

from Skokie, IL

Comments about Arm & Hammer Advanced White Baking Soda & Peroxide Toothpaste:

When it comes to my teeth, I am most concerned with cleaning them and freshening my breath. I want to get them clean at a fair price. Arm & Hammer Advanced White Baking Soda and Peroxide Toothpaste does both well.

I really enjoy the little bit of grit that baking soda touthpaste provides during use. It makes my teeth fell clean. The peroxide tends to make my teeth look a little brighter without affecting the taste of the toothpaste orthe breath freshening performance, which is effective and long lasting.

The con, though, is that Arm & Hammer Advanced White Baking Soda and Peroxide Toothpaste is a branded product and expensive at full retail price. The toothpaste is occasionally on sale and Arm & Hammer does issue coupons, so I would suggest buying the product at less than full retail price.

Arm & Hammer Advance White Toothpaste is a product that works.

from Poughkeepsie, NY

Comments about Arm & Hammer Advanced White Baking Soda & Peroxide Toothpaste:

I tried Arm & Hammer Advance White Toothpaste for 2 weeks. I found that my teeth were whiter and a stain was no longer there. I am still using this product and I will purchase a full size tube. As with other Arm & Hammer products this one is another product that works.

Arm and Hammer Advanced White Cleans so very Well

from Houston, TX

**Toothpaste Commentary:**

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Good for additional dental hygiene, not toothpaste.

from Spring, TX

Comments about Arm & Hammer Advanced White Baking Soda & Peroxide Toothpaste:

I have used crest as my main toothpaste brand for years, but I recieved a free sample of this on a Carnival cruise I took recently. On the cruise it did its job, but my usually** pearly teeth lost their "glow" a bit**.

When I got home I bought some because of the old wives tale of baking soda being good for your teeth when brushing.** It DID improve the glow when paired with my crest toothpaste,** but alone, **my mouth felt a bit "yuck" and unclean. **

**Pros:** It DOES whiten when paired with toothpaste, and spreads nice.

**Cons:** It has a gritty, baking soda taste; it does little for your overall hygiene (not whiteness) by itself.

Arm and Hammer toothpaste- squeeky clean

Comments about Arm & Hammer Advanced White Baking Soda & Peroxide Toothpaste:

Now, some may not like the feel and tast of baking soda, but I for one like how clean my mouth feels after brushing with this toothpaste. And really, you aren't tasting baking soda, I think it's more the texture that you feel in your mouth. Perhaps, it could be described as a bit gritty. But I tend to think that this little bit of adbrasiveness helps with the cleaning. My mouth always feels fresh after using this product. You know how with some toothpastes, after you brush, you still can taste what you last ate? Yuck! Who wants that? This toothpaste is not harsh, does not burn your mouth, and does not taste bad. I like it that there are some natural cleaning agents at work here. Now, there is not a lot of foaming action, so be advised!