Other Toothpastes:
Aquafresh

Pros

Cons

Tastes good. Lots of foam makes your whole mouth feel fresh.

Aquafresh Extreme Clean is my regular toothpaste.  I like that it's a bit foamier than many toothpastes.  The foam spreads quickly around in the mouth, making it feel like the whole mouth is getting freshened, even on all over and under the tongue and on any spots the toothbrush might be missing.  Whether the foam is actually scientifically doing anything like killing germs or not, I'm not certain of, but it sure seems like it is.

I like the taste.  It's similar to the taste of regular Aquafresh.  A pleasant, toothpastey, minty clean taste.

The texture of the toothpaste on the brush is a thick gel.  It's about halfway between a paste like Crest paste and a gel like Colgate gel.  It's not transparent, but not the opaque kind.  I don't care much for the color.  It's a bit redder than I like. But you're not looking at it for long before you put it in your mouth and it turns into white foam.

I have no idea why the tube has such  a weird shaped cap.  It doesn't serve any sort of special function at all.  It's just a regular squeeze tube.  A regular little plastic cap would have worked fine.

Aquafresh Extreme clean isn't a cheap toothpaste.  It's on the higher end of the middle.  It's not an extremely pricey one, but not a value brand by any means.  It's priced similarly to the fancier tiers of Crest and Colgate Total.

I've used both the extra freshening and the extra whitening versions.  I liked both, but honestly, the freshening didn't seem all that much fresher than the whitening and the whitening didn't seem to make my teeth any whiter than the freshening.  However, I think both seemed to do a pretty good job keeping my teeth bright, and maybe even a little brighter.  I don't expect them to produce real "whitening" results (my teeth are pretty stained because I smoked cigarettes for years).  If you're looking for real whitening, you'd still be happier with a real whitening treatment, but if you're just looking to maintain fairly white whiteness or looking to just brighten teeth a little, it works well.  I'm pretty sure mine have gotten a little whiter.  It's the kind of whitening that you notice if you're looking closely at your own teeth, but not the kind that your friends are going to notice.

If there's anything special about this, I don't know what it is.

I don't know why, but I have never used **Aquafresh **toothpaste until now.  I have always bought either Crest, Colgate or Tom's of Maine.  I received a free sample of **Aquafresh Extreme Clean **so I had no reason why I shouldn't try it out.

**Aquafresh says: **"With Micro-Active Foaming action, polished teeth stay cleaner longer.  As you begin to brush, it's invigorating Micro-Active Foam releases thousands of germ killing bubbles that shower your whole mouth - teeth, gums and breath."

As I squeezed the toothpaste on my toothbrush, I noticed that the paste has white and red stripes like a candy cane.  It's not as minty as I anticipated to be.  It *is *minty, but not as strong as other toothpastes I have used before.  I prefer super-strong minty everything - toothpaste, lip balm, gum, mints, you name it.  I want the mint to knock me off my chair!  There was a nice sensation that I noticed while brushing my teeth with the **Aquafresh Extreme Clean**.  It was kind of a tingly sensation.

**Aquafresh **states that their "professionally developed micro polishing foaming action carefully polishes your teeth smooth to help prevent stains and deposits from sticking, making them stay cleaner and whiter longer."

One thing I don't like about this toothpaste, is that besides giving you "clean" teeth, the only function of this toothpaste is cavity protection.  It doesn't help fight tartar, gingivitis, whiten your teeth or fight bad breath.  I want a toothpaste that does everything.

On the toothpaste tube, there is a fine print that says: "Scientific testing shows that after only one tube you'll be left with significantly cleaner, smoother teeth than with a regular toothpaste".

Active ingredient: Sodium Flouride

**The Scoop!**

Although this was a nice toothpaste, I won't be buying a tube of it.  It did make my whole mouth feel clean, but I want a toothpaste that does more than just "clean & smooth" my teeth.  I will definitely be going back to my normal brands of toothpaste.

Aquafresh Clean Deep Action Toothpaste is best Aquafresh of all

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Aquafresh Extreme Clean Deep Action Toothpaste:

I have tried many toothpastes by Aquafresh and have always ended up being disappointed in them. What I mostly have not liked about them is the texture and taste of the mint flavor that they use. The Aquafresh Extreme Clean Deep Action Toothpaste is what I have in my cabinet now, and I really do like it the best of all the Aquafresh pastes that I have tried. I think that it works really well and does not have that overly thick texture that so many of the other Aquafresh toothpastes have. I also think it was a good purchase because it is a great price and not too expensive compared to other deep cleaning toothpastes. I would definitely recommend the Aquafresh Extreme Deep Clean toothpaste to anyone. If you have not been a fan of Aquafresh because of some of their other toothpastes, I would suggest giving this one a try because I was impressed with it. Even my son doesn't mind it because it is not "too spicy" as he calls it.

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about Aquafresh Extreme Clean Deep Action Toothpaste:

I used this toothpaste, Aquafresh Extreme Clean Deep Action Toothpaste, when I was visiting relatives and had forgotten to bring my toothpaste from home. The cap was easy to remove and put back on after squeezing toothpaste onto my brush. The toothpaste dispensed easily from the tube. I did get an eye opening experience once I started brushing my teeth. The toothpaste started foaming a LOT. When they say it is "extreme, deep cleaning action", they weren't kidding. It was almost more than I could handle. the toothpaste did clean my teeth very well. It definitely got the job done. I had to rinse more than I normally do after brushing. The taste of the toothpaste was pleasant. It freshened my breath. Due to the extensive foaming action the toothpaste did while brushing, I would not be inclined to use this as a daily toothpaste. It would be one I would use maybe once a week when I wanted to do a thoroughly good cleaning. I feel it would not be a good product to let children get ahold of and use. It does seem to be a good price for its product.

Solid but unspectacular toothpaste

Comments about Aquafresh Extreme Clean Deep Action Toothpaste:

Aquafresh Extreme Clean toothpaste, if perhaps misnamed, is a toothpaste that does its job, but there is nothing special about it.

It is a reasonably priced toothpaste, and it does an acceptable job cleaning ones teeth of daily buildup of food and other stuff, as well as freshening breath. However, it does not really whiten the teeth, nor does it seem to have much effect on the stains I get from my heavy coffee drinking, so perhaps 'extreme clean' and 'deep action' should be considered more in the line of marketing fluff, rather than being any real statement about its abilities. It also tastes ok for a toothpaste, if not spectacular, although there are probably better tasting toothpastes out there.

All in all, Aquafresh Extreme Clean is an average, serviceable toothpaste that gets the job done if all one is interested in is a basic toothpaste, but there is nothing special about it that would really distinguish it from its competitors, or give me any reason to recommend it over anything else that is comparable.

Not a good tasting toothpaste

from Lagrange, OH

Comments about Aquafresh Extreme Clean Deep Action Toothpaste:

Although it has been a few years, I have previously tried Aquafresh Extreme Clean Deep Action Toothpaste. It was definitely not my favorite toothpaste. I did try it for several days to try to give it a chance, but it was the taste I did not like. It reminded me too much of a cough drop and left a similar aftertaste. It did not leave my mouth feeling minty fresh and clean, it actually left my teeth feeling like they still needed brushed. The tube is well built and easy to manipulate. The price is fine, and the toothpaste texture was okay as well, it was just the taste I did not like. That being said, I have an aunt with extreme oral issues, and she loves this toothpaste. Her favorite feature is how the product foams so much and leaves her mouth clean. I guess it is just a matter of preference. I prefer a minty taste, so I have not continued to use this Aquafresh product, and I would not recommend it overall.

My favorite Toothpaste

from Rutland, VT

Comments about Aquafresh Extreme Clean Deep Action Toothpaste:

Aquafresh extreme clean toothpaste is my all time favorite toothpaste. It packs an intense clean feeling when the paste hits your mouth. You can even smell the minty intense freshness. My mouth feels clean and fresh when I'm finished brushing my teeth. This toothpaste can cut through the worst bad breath that you can come up with.
Aqua fresh extreme clean is very affordable and will not break the piggy bank. It may not be the cheapest toothpaste on the shelf, but I'm a firm believer you pay for what you get.
I would jump at the chance to purchase Aqua fresh extreme clean and wish that they would offer more coupons either in the sunday paper or on their website I would buy it more if I could save a little bit more. It is an awesome product and urge anyone to try it that hasn't especially those that enjoy the intense freshness that is usually only found in a halls cough drop or Dentene Ice gum.

Great taste, great design

Comments about Aquafresh Extreme Clean Deep Action Toothpaste:

I love Aquafresh toothpaste for a few reasons. First, I love the citrus taste which isn't a common flavor with toothpastes...it's pleasant and doesn't linger. Sometimes toothpastes are pasty or gritty and the taste is awful but this is not the case with Aquafresh Extreme Clean. The texture is a cross between a gel and a paste. Who doesn't love the best of both worlds?

Perhaps one of my favorite features is the cap design. As I have found with other brands that use a flip cap, the tube of toothpaste can quickly turn your bathroom into a sticky blue gel disaster. Aquafresh has a twist on cap making sure it doesn't get all over the place. I love it! You only have to scrap toothpaste out of the inside of your medicine cabinet once to be conscious of packaging design.

Lastly, I am a couponer and my drug store of choice always has great sales on Aquafresh Extreme Clean. In addition to the great sales, Aquafresh often puts out coupons so you get an even better value for an already great product. Win-win!

One of the best!

Comments about Aquafresh Extreme Clean Deep Action Toothpaste:

Aquafresh Extreme clean deep action toothpaste is absolutely on of the best toothpastes on the market. I absolutely love this toothpaste. It tastes great and bubbles in your mouth leaving it feeling great. I do wish the price was cheaper though this toothpaste is a little expensive.

Best Toothpaste Ever!

Comments about Aquafresh Extreme Clean Deep Action Toothpaste:

Once you try Aquafresh's Extreme Clean Deep Action Toothpaste, you will never be able to use other toothpastes again. Your teeth will feel completely different than they ever have. This toothpaste cleans your teeth so well and keeps your breath totally fresh for hours. The flavor isn't too sweet, but refreshing and minty. It is the only toothpaste I will use!

Good Toothpaste

Comments about Aquafresh Extreme Clean Deep Action Toothpaste:

I am an Aquafresh fan. I love this over any other toothpaste. I do have to use Sensodyne sometimes, but when I am using normal toothpaste, Aquafresh is the brand I choose. It is better in taste, helps with whitening teeth, and overall better for your teeth. I heard somewhere that Crest puts too much sugar like substance in their toothpaste to give it that cool flavor. That is not good when it comes to your teeth. Aquafresh doesn't do that at all and it is a very good product to try. It not only gives you healthy teeth, but fresh breath as well. It is found at pretty much any store and the cost is not too much. In fact, I have found it to be cheaper than most other products out there. I trust Aquafresh and I think you should too. At least you should try it. I think you will switch to Aquafresh in no time. It stands for itself on how great of a product it is so I know you will like it. I would recommend this product to anyone.

Good in the beginning,

Comments about Aquafresh Extreme Clean Deep Action Toothpaste:

The taste and clean feeling were good. I liked the toothpaste very much. However, about two weeks after I began using the paste, my tongue began swelling and splitting. Very painful sores appeared. The paste does have a warning regarding discomfort but not to the degree I experienced. Regretfully I had to stop using acqua fresh .