2.5

2.5

Pros

Cons

Glad we booked through Apple

We just got back from a week-long vacation booked through Apple and we had an excellent experience.

The service was excellent, the accomodations were beautiful, and at every point of our trip (from the moment we checked-in for our departure from our home airport to the moment we got off our shuttle to go home) there was an Apple representative there to make sure our trip was comfortable & safe.  They made sure to inform us on details about traveling abroad, things to avoid, highlights we should check out, and safety advice.

We booked two excursions with Apple when we arrived at our resort and the first one was amazing from start to finish.  Unfortunately, due to weather, our second one got cancelled and with no hassle at all we were refunded for the excursion.

We would definitely use them again.

Beware of Bait and Switch

We recently used Apple Vacations to book a 1 week trip to an All-inclusive in Cancun.  One of the major drawing points to this particular trip were the convenient non-stop flights from Philadelphia to Cancun, operated by USA3000.  This is a charter airline with the same owners as Apple Vacations.  Our original flights included an early morning Phila-Cancun flight and an early evening return flight.  This meant that on our last day we would have more than half a day on the beach plus a nice breakfast and lunch at the resort.  We booked this trip at the last minute (10 days before the trip) because we really liked the flight schedule (Apple lets you choose your specific flights).  12 hours before our departure we received a phone call from Apple telling us that our return flight had been changed to a morning flight, thus taking away our final day at the resort.  In fact, it meant we had to leave our resort at 7am, which is before they even served breakfast.  When I complained to the Apple rep, he said they were sorry but it was too late for us to cancel.  My wife has medical issues which make an early morning transfer (1 1/2 hours) a nasty experience (one of the reasons we booked the late return flight).  Our non-stop 6pm flight was now an early flight that meant we had to first fly to Pittsburgh, get off the plane, claim our luggage, go through customs, re-check our luggagge, walk through the terminal...upstairs, back to a gate, re-board the plane, and finally fly to our final Philadelphia destination.  What was to be a simpl 3 hour non-stop was now a 7 hour hassle.  It turned out that the flight crew told us that they knew that 6PM flight had been cancelled for more than 3 weeks (before we even booked that flight).  So, beware when using Apple charter flights.  They might promise you non-stop and favorable times, but that all seems to be meaningless and they can change your flight with no notice (a violation of their own contract).

This Companey Lie to pepoles

from NY NY

Comments about Applevacations.com:

they not loyalty company they are telling you one thing over the phone and then telling you we didn't say so .
ill recommend to not to buy vacation from them
if you doing so better you record the conversation with them and be sure its going to wrong direction at the end

note : no company address or managers or supervisor or phone # to speak to them , the only phone well answer your call its sales.
sales are specials to tricks you and you going to finish this vacation very disappointed .

WATCH!!!!

DO NOT GO TO SUNSCAPE SPLASH IN MONTEGO BAY, JAMAICA!

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Applevacations.com:

I travelled with Apple Vacations multiple times over the last few years and I have had a pleasant overall experience. My family and I love Jamaica and when we found an Apple Square deal to Jamaica for a very attractive price, we didn't think twice. We've done the 5 apples square deal to Jamaica before and ended up at a upscale hotel. This time, it turned out to be a disaster. Sunscape splash is nowhere near five stars. It is under construction that completely interferes with your beach relaxation. The food is at a minimal standard and they repeat the same menu every single day. The rooms are outdated and it feels like a hospital space more than a hotel. Beach always dirty, staff mostly pleasant although we did have some problems and most of al-no support from apple representatives who will just send you off to the hotel manager who will only offer you an upgrade that you have to pay for partially and it is really nothing better. PLEASE SAVE YOUR MONEY and DO NOT CHOOSE THAT HOTEL!!!!

apple will not stand behind you

from Chicago Il.

Comments about Applevacations.com:

apple will not stand behind you if you have any trouble they did not care just give you website to try and get your money back would not recommend them to no one

False Advertising

from California

Comments about Applevacations.com:

Tried to book an all inclusive trip to Cancun on their site. Many of the deals claim that up to two kids are free with adults. So you would think that the price for 2 adults is the same for 2 adults 2 kids - no such luck. It ends up there was always a charge anyway for the kids. Be careful - not to be trusted. I will use other sites.

Used to love Apple...

from Cleveland Ohio

Comments about Applevacations.com:

I have gone on at least 12 Apple Vacations and have always had great things to say about them...until this recently booked trip. They have always had a very slow website but I could forgive it since everything else was good. I use a travel agent but I usually do the looking and she books. This trip to Jamaica was the worst experience. I was extremely frustrated and so was our travel agent. Every time I looked up Jamaica it came up as nothing available or can't find what you're looking for. I didn't think it was a big deal since they have always claimed to match a deal from any site. I found a really great deal on cheap Caribbean and told my travel agent to book thru Apple. Apple wouldn't price match. They are liars and I probably will never book them again. We ended up paying $350 more per person. So disappointed! Shame on you Apple! Why am I the customer being punished when you were the one with a website not working? You should have price matched no questions asked. False advertising.

Not customer service orientated at all!!!

Comments about Applevacations.com:

We are booked on a week vacation to the Guanacaste area of Costa Rica through Apple. Our original flight from Detroit and return were great. They just called with the new flights home. The first flight called for leaving the hotel at 3am and the 2nd choice is leaving the hotel at 5am. I walk with a cane and use oxygen, besides the dilaudid and valium, The flights are bad enough during normal times, but these times make it much worse. Our TA (GREAT-Dana) tried to get Apple to get some compensation for the in convenience since the flights do not get into Detroit until midnight - about 18 hrs from Costa Rica. They would do nothing. We even asked for return flights to Grand Rapids which is closer to home, no dice.

Customer Service
Give your CSR the ability to make decisions regarding customer service. Until I have more faith in Apple, I will try other travel agencies such as Bookit, Expedia, Funjet, through my Marriott Platinum club..

Worth a peek!

Comments about Applevacations.com:

I love what the site offers, as there are new surprises every time I visit the site.

Easy to use the site, as I have never experienced and issue with the site. I use a variety of different sites when I am planning a vacation, business trip or a short get away and this one is another source I use when I was to broaden my horizons, because they do offer great cruise packages, but they offer other deals and budget buys as well.

Features
Great features with complete descriptions. I like that there are never any surprises when you visit this site or when you decide to purchase. They are straight up with their prices and there no blackout dates to worry about when shopping.

Customer Service
I love the customer service you from this site. I always feel very appreciated and valued whenever I call with questions or concerns about something I have seen while visiting the site. Very impressed with the department.

Limited Vacation Website

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about Applevacations.com:

This website is okay but I would not book a vacation through it. I guess people have had success with booking their vacations on this site but I like to browse a lot more to learn about my vacation and the area I will be traveling too on my own without having to call and speak to a representative about it. I really hate having to do that and like to do research on my own . The site is easy to use because each area such as Hawaii, The Carribbean, Bahamas and other vacation spots can be searched easily using the drop down bar. All of the vacations are package deals and include the rooms, flights, etc. They have special deals on last minute vacations where you can get a good price and also a super sale section where they offer vacations at a lower price. The bad part is that you cannot see photos of the hotels where you will be staying and I don't care for that. I like to see photos of all that I am paying for. I won't book a trip through Applevacations but I guess you can check out prices here to compare to other travel websites.

Not so great

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Applevacations.com:

I have previously and in the past used the Applevacations.com website and I was not really impressed at all. I was going to try and book a trip on this website and had a lot of difficulty getting the prices and finding anything reasonable. I was looking to book a trip to Italy and tour. I kept putting in the dates and other information to search for a trip and it kept saying there were no matches to my query when in fact if I just pulled up the tours there actually were matches. Then they want you to give your phone number so they can call and give you more information and that is just a way to harass you. They called even though I told them I was no longer interested. they do have some good prices for some trips on Applevacations.com but I really was not impressed with this website. I would certainly not recommend this website to any of my friends and family. I found the customer service to be pushy and more interested in selling a vacation that actually helping me.

I love their deals

Comments about Applevacations.com:

The first place I go to when I log onto applevacations.com is the deals section. From there, I choose my city of departure and wait for a variety of package deals to pop up. Just recently, I snagged a five nights, air fare and taxes included package to St. Lucia. Because of applevacations.com, I was able to save hundreds on hotel and fees, roundtrip airfare, transfers and more. This site is truly a one stop shop for everything you need when booking a trip. Check out was easy and I didn’t have to worry about additional government taxes and fees. They were already included within my sweet deal. The only thing I didn’t favor about the deal was that the dates were already pre-selected. Other than that, I give it ten stars.

Very simple to use.

Features
They have many features on their website and make it easy to look through deals.

Customer Service
Customer service is great. I haven't had any problems with them so far.