View more desktops

Apple iMac 27-inch Desktop Computer

Pros

Cons

• Support & Service:

More simple and useful than a PC could ever hope to be.

I've used PC's all my life and have become used to them in my everyday life. Sometimes they can be very difficult to use and cause problems. They are not very reliable and you constantly have to upgrade them and take them into the shop for repairs. I fell in love with mac computers a couple of years ago when I used them for a graphics class. I instantly learned how to operate them without the need of instructions. All of the functions are easy to use. Their locations are logical and easy to find. There are no issues with trying to uninstall software like with PC's. You simply delete the programs you no longer want and that's all you have to worry about. The Imac in particular is the best example of a mac computer. It is top of line, quality handiwork. The design is enough to praise alone. It looks sleek and sophisticated on any desk. It also has no CPU. Everything you need including the disk drive is in the monitor. There are very few cords to hook up anywhere. Setting it up is very simple and only took me about half an hour to do so. I reccommend this more than any computer on the market

Waste of money.

This is an extremely well built operating system and computer itself. Mac's idea of combining a monitor and the hardware is convenient and innovative, however it is extremely over priced for the lack of modifications available. I will say that it is very stable and you will certainly not need a new computer for at least a decade, but you will keep that same hardware configuration for all ten years. This is not ideal because there is always a new game, software, operating system, ect. coming into the computer market and they usually need up-to-date hardware. For instance; in 2009 you purchased this computer for video editing, ten years from now there could be far better editing software, but with a mac you lack the ability to simply buy a new processor, video card, motherboard, ect. With a PC you can simply upgrade the needed components with out having to buy an entirely new system. I see the iMac, Macbook, and any other mac computer as a waste of money.

Once you go Mac you never go back!

from Winchendon, MA

Comments about Apple iMac 27-inch Desktop Computer:

When my husband first wanted to switch from pcs to an imac I was resistant. I didn't want to learn a new system and didn't think there was anything wrong with our current set up. I couldn't have been more wrong! imacs are so user friendly, the interface is very visual, making it easy to find what you are looking for. The processor is lighting fast and whenever I have to use a pc somewhere else I almost start twitching in frustration with how slow it is compared to my mac! It has stunning clarity and photographs in particular look great on it. The built in iphoto software is great, makes it easy to organize, sort, and store photos for easy editing and retrieval. Its very intuitive and there really was no learning curve when switching systems. Once you've experienced it you see that it just makes so much more sense than a pc. Also, Apple has wonderful customer service, we've called with questions and you get an actual human right away no waiting who is very knowledgeable, friendly and helpful! We will never go back to anything else, we are mac users for life. They are expensive but worth every penny and then some, I'd happily pay it again!

• Support & Service:

IMac is amazing, I wouldn't ever buy another computer!

from Jacksonville, FL

Comments about Apple iMac 27-inch Desktop Computer:

Imac has never given me a problem. I love how it is easy to use and offers all of the things that I need as a teacher. I use it all of the time. I have not had any problems with viruses or my computer having any types of glitches. I definitely got what I paid for!

My computer came with all of the tools that I needed. It has tutorials for everything. It allows me to search for answers if I don't know.

Hardware Quality
My iMac has to deal with a baby messing with it all the time. It is very durable and I love it. I have never had any problems with any of my hardware!

Support & Service
Apple always helps me out fast and they are very helpful if I don't understand something. I never have to go very long without my computer. They are always on hand at the apple store or over the phone.

I've had my computer for two years, not had the first problem!

Everything is in the screen. I don't have to worry about it taking up a ton of room. I only have to keep up with my wireless keyboard and mouse. It is light weight and thin!

Awesome computer, fast, easy to use, and perfect for the things that I do.

powerful All-in-one computer

from Tucson, AZ

Comments about Apple iMac 27-inch Desktop Computer:

The 27-inch iMac is very nice computer, great buy, very powerful and can support lots of graphic and multimedia-related programs. It has a SD card slot, so that you can transfer your photos and videos from a digital camera more easily and faster than with using the USB cable that comes with the digital camera. It comes with an Apple Magic Mouse and a wireless keyboard, both of them are very easy and fun to use. Watch all your movies on HD, with the power of a 27-inch LED monitor. It supports all the software that you need for all your multimedia, graphic design, game design, or whatever your needs are. You can burn your DVDs very easily using iMovie, with which it comes already installed from the time you bought it. It comes with Safari, an Internet browser that is very easy to use, too and is compatible with Flash and Java, two very common programs used to make animations on all websites troughout the entire World Wide Web.

It is very easy to use, very user-friendly, the only problem can be that you can't move to anywhere you want as a laptop will be capable of.

Hardware Quality
Has very nice graphics and great HD display, which makes everything look even better in this display. WiFi built-in

Support & Service
Great support options for iMac, great quality customer service

Comes with a 1 year warranty which is good and can also be incremented to 2 years for some more money.

Great design, elegant, stylish finish.

High performance, HD display, Intel Core 2 Duo for a great performance.

• Support & Service:

imac- Best purchase I ever made in electronics!

from Midway, GA

Comments about Apple iMac 27-inch Desktop Computer:

I had always had PC's my whole life until I experienced using my inlaws MAC. I found the quality of the screen to be amazing and everything was so easy to use I had to try it. I love my 27 inch IMAC and it makes viewing netflix and other movies on my computer to be most enjoyable. I love the iphoto program and how wasy it is to store my pictures. I also like being able to drag pictures from different websites and drop them right into my albums. Ichat is another feature I really love because we are currently living 18 hours away from our family members and it keeps us connected. The video chatting is very high quality and easy to use. All the different features on the imac are easy to use and apple is very helpful if you have any questions. I also enjoy not having to purchase virus protection and run scans constantly. Although I wish the cost was lower it is worth every penny. I am very budget concious and I do not regret spening the money on this product. I also really like the remote and ease of uploading photos.

Apple iMac MB952LL/A 27-inch Desktop Computer works well

from Milpitas, CA

Comments about Apple iMac 27-inch Desktop Computer:

Apple iMac MB952LL/A 27-inch Desktop Computer works well. Well, I had trahsed many pcs, and all the macs I was using was still running.  I am dont like to work with Windows. The big screen is nice.  The speaker is loud, it never crashed on me, and it boot up really quick.  The screen not only big but is clear.  If I want to I can run parallel on it and start up the pc, but why? All the application that the pc has, they starting to have it on the mac. The camera is good, and the user interface is styling.  I immediately put snow lepard on it right after I bought it.  The itunes on pc is not working on good as the one on this mac. It has a wonderful screen, innovation design, incredible performance.  The Resolution is very good.  It is expensive, very expensive, and everything else on the mac costs extra like the remote. If you can try to find a refurbish to buy it is less expensive, overall great product.

• Support & Service:

Apple iMac is worth taking a bite out of!

Comments about Apple iMac 27-inch Desktop Computer:

The Apple iMac has been a great investment for me and my family.  It not only looks real nice, it works like a charm.  The screen size is nice and big so I do not have to squint when I am reading.  The keyboard is very comfortable and will not hurt your wrists like some keyboards do.  Since I am not a computer geek it is very simple to operate with all the icons on the bottom of the screen.  It is slim and sleek and wil fit anywhere and with any decor.  This computer was made in different sizes.  The 27" screen is a perfect fit for me.  It fits nicely on my computer desk and is not so heavy so if you need to clean you can easily move it around.  I have always worked on an Mac computer back in the days when they were heavy and bulky.  I find this iMac to be well worth the price and I would recommend this product to others.  In fact, the public school where I work has dozens of these computers.  If they were not good, the schools would not have them!!!

• Support & Service:

And somehow the iMac got better

from Louisville, KY

Comments about Apple iMac 27-inch Desktop Computer:

go ahead and spend the money for the upgrades you want. this one is going to last you a while, and those upgrades will pay off if you want to sell it or trade it in later. The iMac just keeps getting better. It exceeded all of my expectations

i loved it you should by a apple imac 27-inch Desktop Computer

from West Portsmouth, OH

Comments about Apple iMac 27-inch Desktop Computer:

Most fashion laptop for college students like us!

from Santa Clara, CA

Comments about Apple iMac 27-inch Desktop Computer:

Jobs dies today, that would be another reason for Apple fans to purchase apple stuff, i had already get a iphone 4, ipad 2 and itouch 4 up to now, i love Macbook too, while my daddy wants to stop my bad habit in wasting money, that's the reason why i take part-time job during my holiday. Macbook is not only a company in our college life but also a signal for 90 generation. I LOVE IT, getting one is my present dream and i know it worth! There's a saying in youth, if you want a apple, you may need to sacrify your kidney, i don't care, it's really fantastic for me, how fashion it is when it placing in my bedroom?!

Apple I Mac 27"- love it

from Cressona, PA

Comments about Apple iMac 27-inch Desktop Computer:

I have owned my IMac for 2 years and I couldn't be happier. Picture, speed, screen - never a problem. I use it everyday and have absolutely no complaints. Never worry about viruses. Everyone I know who owns this product absolutely loves it