Other iPods:
iPod Touch
Apple
Apple iPod Touch - All Generations

Apple iPod Touch - All Generations

Pros

• Easy to set up (3)
  • Great sound (3)

Cons

• Short battery life (3)

• Anywhere (3)
    • Personal (3)
    • Was this a gift?:

My son LOVES his Ipod Touch, now Mama wants one!

**Apple Ipod Touch2nd Generation**

What do you buy a teenager who has it all?  **An Apple Ipod Touch!**

The newest from Apple's...Read complete review

**Apple Ipod Touch2nd Generation**

What do you buy a teenager who has it all?  **An Apple Ipod Touch!**

The newest from Apple's Ipods is the **Ipod Touch 2nd Generation**.

- Sleek new design
- External speakers w/ volume control
- Free engraving & gift wrap
- Long lasting battery life (36 hours audio, 6 video)
- Unlimited apps, many free
- Internet access, where Wifi is available
- Check email, watch Youtube videos, download  music & more

**My Viewpoint!**Until my son had asked for an **Ipod Touch by Apple**for his birthday, I hadn't paid much attention to them.  Even while I was researching it online at Viewpoints and the Apple website, I thought it was a colossal waste of money.  His *Ipod Nano* that is not even 2 years old was still in great shape and I didn't think the **Ipod Touch** would be that much better.

I ended up buying the **Ipod Touch**on Apple's website because I was told that they do free engraving on the back of the Ipod and free gift wrap.  I thought that was a cute idea.  The price was the same on the website as it is in the stores sans the shipping.   I still didn't learn alot about the**ipod Touch** on Apple's website so I was a little excited to see what it could do.

*I think the Ipod Touch rocks!*

It's basically a little computer with or without ear buds.  With the built in Wifi, I can check email, search the internet, play games, watch videos on Youtube and upload songs, photos, movies and more all through Itunes.

The external speakers and volume control (only in 2nd generation **Ipod Touch**) makes it easier for more than one person to watch the video or listen to the song.  Usually my son turns his** Ipod Touch** on and sets it on his dresser and uses it as a radio.  He doesn't have to wear his earbuds all the time anymore!

We really enjoy the **Ipod Touch by Apple** and since I have inherited the Dinosaur Nano from my son, I will be adding it to my Christmas list this year!

I really like the ipod touch.... until it died on me.

I bought my ipod touch with my rebate check. At the time I knew that I was going to be using it a lot because I have ADHD and music is very soothing to me and my new-ish position at work is kind of stressful.For about 5 days it worked. But over time the upload time started getting longer and longer until it just no longer started at all. Luckily a) I work there and B) I kept my reciept. I returned it for the money and did something REALLY constructive... you know... paid some bills.I will think twice about buying an ipod in the future. I was very careful with it. I babied it, never dropped it, and all that... and still it died. Next time, I'm going with an zune 80. It may not have wifi, but who knows, maybe one day it will. And if I really want wifi that bad, I'll pony up for an Archos. It may be more expensive, but the screen is also bigger and it comes with a stylus. UNLIKE the ipod touch.

great to have

from sudia arbia

About Me Audiophile

Pros

• Easy To Set Up
  • Great Sound
  • Long Battery Life
  • Simple Controls

Cons

• Short Battery Life

• Commuting
  • Gym / Working Out
  • Travel

Comments about Apple iPod Touch - All Generations:

I had my IPod for a long time now, and I love it because you can listen to music whenever you want if you have internet you can download music and games I think you also have lots of storage, but the thing I don't like about the iPod is that it doesn't have lots of battery life which makes me sad because I love music and I want to have a long time listening to music.

The iPod has great shape and it isn't that heavy and it is also has the great size for it, you can also can download games so you can have fun with the iPod you can browse with the iPod using safari you can also use YouTube, you can take pictures of yourself and take pictures of nature and the things you want.

You can text you fiend and family or shear thing with them, there is also the calendar you can use the notes to save numbers or names or anything you want there is also the app store, the app store is the place where you download applications, in every iPod there must be the setting the setting is where you can change things to what you want.

The thing that I don't like about the iPod that it freezes up some time which makes me mad, there is also the app map where you can locate where you are or where is the place you want.

Small , thin and practical

from Alexandria,Egypt

About Me Casual Listener

Pros

• Easy To Set Up
  • Great Sound
  • Lots of Storage
  • Simple Controls

Cons

• Freezes Up
  • Short Battery Life

iPod touch 4th Generation
is a great choice for watching movies, listening to music, and playing only a small games.

• Was this a gift?:

I really like iPod touch for games

Profile Image

About Me Casual Listener

Verified Reviewer

Pros

• Easy To Set Up
  • Great Sound

Cons

• Short Battery Life

• Gym / Working Out

Comments about Apple iPod Touch - All Generations:

The iPod Touch is more than just a portable music player. This device offers many features that make it more like a computer than an MP3 player. With iOS and access to the App Store, there are many benefits to owning an iPod Touch over another media player or even another version of the iPod. Before writing off the iPod Touch as just another media device, buyers should take the time to learn about all of the different features and capabilities of the device. To do this, users should compare the features of the iPod Touch to the features of other iPods and media players. Then they can explore the functions and capabilities that are available exclusively on the iPod Touch .

• Was this a gift?:
  • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

iPod touch is great for music and games!

Comments about Apple iPod Touch - All Generations:

I've had the iPod touch for several years and it still works great! The iPod touch basically does everything an iPhone does. It stores and plays music, you can get most of the apps available for the iPhone, messaging with contacts, FaceTime, watch movies, and so much more. When I first got the iPod touch, I did not have a smartphone and there really wasn't a reason to get a smartphone. I was able to use my phone for making calls, and whatever else I wanted that could be done on a smartphone, I was able to do with the iPod touch. If any of the apps require internet connection, I just had to find a WiFi connection. You can add a personal touch by getting a case with any design you want. The touchscreen allows for quick, easy navigation through all your apps. The iPod touch is one of the best devices for music, games, email, internet, etc., and it is small enough to keep in your pockets!

Depending on how much you have stored on the device, if you don't have a lot of free space, sometimes the device runs a little slow.

Battery Life
Some games eat up the battery life pretty quickly, but the device recharges quickly.

I've had mine for years and it still works great!

My Lifeline to Music

Comments about Apple iPod Touch - All Generations:

Of course I would be able to "survive" without my iPod Touch - but I really don't want to! I literally use it every single day. It brightens my mood and makes my 40 minute commute to work everyday more enjoyable!

Sound Quality
Apple is always leading the pack in electronics with sound quality. The sound quality is fantastic, and I have absolutely no complaints!

iPod Touch devices preform super smoothly! They are super easy to navigate and use. I have never experienced any freezing or lagging when using the device.

Battery Life
Battery life is pretty good! Pretty standard from Apple products.

Apple Touch screen products are infamous for their cracked screens, but seriously, put a screen protector on your device along with a protective case and that problem is eliminated! I've had my current iPod Touch for about three years and it still looks/preforms the way it did when I first got it!

Since you are able to touch the screen to perform whatever function you would like, it is super easy to use.

The design is great. Light-weight, sleek, and doesn't feel bulky even when you have a protective case on it.

• Battery Life:

Overall opinion of iPod touch

Comments about Apple iPod Touch - All Generations:

I've had my iPod touch for along time now and I have to say that it's been holding on pretty well. The only thing is that the battery life is kind of short and their speakers aren't the loudest. But to be honest I could not live without my iPod touch. I mostly use it to listen to music or surf on the Internet. However, that's not only what an iPod could do. There's many apps you can download you could take pictures, videos and go on the Internet. But, that's if you find wi-fi near you. The iPod touch is great if you like to travel because its small and light weight and easy to take anywhere. It's great to take pictures with especially when traveling. And, you could stream many songs hundreds because it has a lot of storage space. And, with certain apps you could do so many things like play games or even watch movies. So if you like to travel listen to music, play games, take pictures or make videos the iPod touch would be the perfect match for you.

The absolute best!

Comments about Apple iPod Touch - All Generations:

I have an old and a new iPod touch. I love them both. I only bought a new one because I wanted a camera. They both work great. I have over two thousand songs and tons of games. I can listen to my music in my car or anywhere I choose. My son and I both listen while we walk at night. The games keep me entertained and there is always something new. I just love it.

Durable, efficient, and wonderful

Comments about Apple iPod Touch - All Generations:

I've owned my Ipod Touch for years now, and It still works as well as it does the day I took it out of the box. I own a 4th Generation Itouch, and minus the physical hardware differences, it functions exactly the same as a 5th Generation and is just as functional. The Ipod Touch is very good for streaming videos, playing games, taking photos, and of course, listening to music. The slim design is comfortable in your hand, and the case, so long as It's not put through extreme physical abuse, can last for a very long time. This is a great gift and Is a product I would definitely recommend.

Sound Quality
Speakers work well, but sound still sounds better through headphones.

Is capable of running most apps very smoothly, only intense apps have lag issues.

Battery Life
You can listen to music for days, playing games and watching videos suck the battery out faster.

I literally can't see this breaking within the next few years.

Very simply, tap this picture for music, app store, pictures, ect...

Comfortable to hold in your hand, and is easy to put on a treadmill or other piece of work out equipment.

Lovely

Always room for improvement

Sound Quality
Originally started out as a music player for iTunes. Sound quality always depends on the headphones connected with it.

Always putting the latest and greatest in it.

Battery Life
Don't use it 24/7 and your battery life will last. Else by the next generation the next year. I personally use it a ton for apps and games. Consequently it will last about 3hrs atm while playing a game straight, but when I originally bought it, it would last all day. Got to love the physical limitations on lithium ion batteries.

I've drop this from my car too many times to count onto concrete and asphalt without a case. I've never cracked or broken it. That gorilla glass is amazing.

One thing that Apple has always done is prided themselves on making their products user friendly. So simple that a kid could use it. Make it feel natural.

I love the feel and design of this product. They keep getting better.

My favorite gadget

Comments about Apple iPod Touch - All Generations:

I have had several ipods since they came out, but my touch is my favorite so far. So easy to use, soooo many extra features (that I don't really utilize) and not near as 'buggy' as my previous models. I have used and abused this ipod for over 2 years, and haven't had a single problem. I primarily use it docked to a radio in my barn, it is exposed to brutal cold, heat, humidity, tons of dust, bits of hay and sawdust, and I just toss it back in my purse when I go back in for the day. I keep it in a rubbery case, but no screen protector and it isn't as scratched as it should be.

Sound Quality
Sounds excellent through my docking radio, but the quality of the internal speakers is like you would expect (terrible). The quality through headphones is great, depending on the quality of those headphones.

I have not experienced any software glitches with this model and everything has always worked as it should. You can open/close aps quickly.

Battery Life
I primarily use it docked (charging) but on occasions when I have used ear buds or connected to my truck's cd player it has done really well. It has lasted 10+ hours on a full charge using earbuds on long hay mowing days.

I am not gentle with mine at all. No screen protector, but it isn't excessively scratched up, even though I store it in my purse. I have dropped it countless times and no dings or cracks yet. It stands up to the cold, heat, humidity, dust, etc great.

My mother had it figured out in less time than the shuffle I gave her. Everything is laid out in a simple format.