Other iPods:

Apple iPod Touch 5th Generation MP3 Player

Pros

Cons

• Battery Life:

A great multi task product with excellent sound and quality.

This is my first iPod product and it's a great little instrument! The sound quality is that of a expensive large sound system using just the ear buds that come along with it. It's great for multi tasking. It can do anything the iPhone can do other than make a call by a number keyboard and the camera option has been removed on some models to make it cheaper to own. Since cameras are on everything now it's really no need in it being on here. Skype is available and be used for a face to face conversation. It's easy to use but acquiring a book of instructions is something to consider if it's your first experience with it. It charges extremely fast by plugging into the computer. You can buy a charger to run by electrical plug separately but does not come with it. Mine has almost completely ran out of power but charged completely in under three hours. It's well made, though investing in an otterbox would be a good investment since the front is made of glass and can be broken easily with one drop to the floor. Apple could improve this feature with the use of gorilla glass. It's volume level can be turned up very high and it has enough power to push small speakers without any problem. If your hard of hearing (not deaf) this little thing can be turned up enough that hearing it shouldn't be a problem with the ear buds (if you don't use a hearing aid) or hooking it to a small speaker which is fairly inexpensive. I'm very satisfied with it. Adding and removing material through iTunes is a very simple process. If you'd like to have something to use for music, lectures, podcast etc without having to tie up your cell phone this is the product to get.

Sound Quality
The sound quality of this Ipod is amazing!! It has the sound quality of music being played on a large expensive sound system. The ear buds are very clear and if played through ear-buds or through a small speakers it's very clear and crisp.

Excellent. Very fast with no lag so far. Since it holds files the simple act of defragging it every so often will keep it running like it was new. Nice large face so seeing the pages are easy. Clear crisp screen with no blur.

Battery Life
For all this thing can do the battery life is great. Charges up from near dead in a matter of 3 hours or less by charging from computer.

Well made but viewing screen is made of glass and very easy to break with one mishap. Investing in an otterbox (or another good case) would be a worth while investment. Very thin instrument which would be easy to slip out your hands. Protect your investment!

If you have other electronics it's fairly easy to figure out but if it's your first Ipod you might do well to invest in a manual (dummies for example) to help make things easier. Like most companies now they don't include any instructions other then a small business size card to give you a website you can visit. Having the old fashioned 'book style' instructions made it a lot easier if your away from home and need a quick answer without having to search the net. Easy to learn once you get the hang of things.

Nice design. Attractive style. Very thin and if you have big hands you might find it difficult to keep in your hands. Otterbox will help. Easy to see and very colorful be it the ipod color itself or the icons on the screen. Expensive looking but not toy like.

highly over rated

I truly feel that these new ipod touch devices are truly a big waste of money to parents, and our kids time. The device freezes up constantly, has to be charged every couple of hours, and the chargers seem to be so fragile that in three months, we've already replaced cord four times. Now, the port where the charger plugs into the actual device is now longer effectively functioning properly, and the device kills is own battery instead of charging. I truly feel that if one is looking into a nice music device with many of other useful features, look a little farther than the 5th generation ipod. Not what it was made out to be.

sounds fantastic, just poor quality craftsmanship

works great, while its charged up. every few hours....

if you use for anything other than music....good luck

6 months old, very well taken care of, no longer functions...

very easy to suck our kids mind into and keep them from paying attention to the rest of the surroundings...

very attractive design.. sleek slim light design. very easy to want. very attractive.

highly over rated

sounds fantastic, just poor quality craftsmanship

works great, while its charged up. every few hours....

if you use for anything other than music....good luck

6 months old, very well taken care of, no longer functions...

• Battery Life:

This product is easy to use and very useful and fun.

Comments about Apple iPod Touch 5th Generation MP3 Player:

The iPod Touch 5th Generation is a very user friendly product. It is fun to use and can do many things. It is good for using the internet along with downloading apps and listening to music.

The speakers work great.

Battery Life
Overall, the battery life is amazing.

It can take a lot, but a protective case is a smart investment.

Nice little bring along.

from Prior Lake, MN

Comments about Apple iPod Touch 5th Generation MP3 Player:

I'm glad I didn't have to buy this, as it is a bit pricey, but it is a very exceptional and versatile unit.

Sound Quality
Very small speaker, and low volume which greatly improves with ear phones or extention speaker, especially if you want the stereo effect.

Packs a lot into a small pocket sized piece. picture quality exceptional. Didn't take long at all to figure everything out. great wifi speed.

Battery Life
Very sufficient, I don't continuously use it, but the battery seems to last me for close to 5 or 6 days. When it gets low, I plug into my computer USB port to recharge. It doesn't take very long.

I recommend buying a protective case, just in case you're clumsy, you do not want the glass screen to break, as I believe it's very expensive to replace.

easy learning curve, I'm still learning about all the functions, and available apps that can be downloaded.

very thin, easy in the hand, but a bit slippery. recommend a protective case to take care of this, it doesn't add much bulk

• Battery Life:

Love it and use it everyday!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Apple iPod Touch 5th Generation MP3 Player:

When I first bought the ipod touch 5 I thought I would like it, but I didn't realize how much that I would love it! I use this pretty much everyday! This is one of my favorite items that I own and I use it like a mini computer. There are a whole bunch of features to this ipod and so many apps that you can put on for free. I have had it for awhile and haven't had any problems with it yet.

Sound Quality
The sound quality is good. I just wish that it would turn up a bit louder, especially when you are listening to music.

This works and performs great! I haven't had any problems yet. It is easy to use and the functions on it all work well.

Battery Life
Battery life is pretty good. Depending on the app you use decideds on how much battery is used. If you are playing games or using the flashlight app it will drain your battery faster. It charges pretty fast though.

It is very durable. It holds up well and is very sturdy.

It is very easy to use and to figure out.

I think that it has a good design. I like that it can fit into my purse pocket and jean pocket easily. It's nice and slim and doesn't take up much room. It is light to carry around.

Generally Solid, Weak Battery

from Utah

Comments about Apple iPod Touch 5th Generation MP3 Player:

This ipod can do about everything an iphone can do except for make regular phone calls. Music and video play great on it, and app usage is solid as well.

Sound Quality
For playing music while we're moving around the house, we generally connect our ipod to speakers. But with headphones or if sitting near the ipod, the sound quality from the built-in speakers is still very good.

Occasionally struggles and crashes an app, but overall, usually works very great.

Battery Life
Over time the battery has warn down and will not last very long at all. For everyday use at home, we generally keep it plugged in about all the time. When traveling, we often use our iphones, so it's not a big deal to us. But if someone relied on this when traveling, the battery could let them down.

Other than the battery, very good.

Most things are easy to pick up on and use

Very sleek and small, making it portable and versatile without the inconvenience of being too bulky.

• Battery Life:

The easy-to-use and fully functional iPod Touch

Comments about Apple iPod Touch 5th Generation MP3 Player:

This iPod Touch is an awesome device. You can use it for everything. For example, it makes an excellent digital, daily planner, it has thousands of apps to chose from for games and productivity. It is compact and fits anywhere. It is the perfect device for listening to music, watching videos, taking snapshots, and checking your e-mail on the go. It makes for a great way to keep you organized and fully entertained.

Sound Quality
The sound quality could not be better. It works perfectly no matter where you are.

With its extremely high performance, I have never had any problems.

Battery Life
This device only requires a quick charge before it is fully functional, and the battery lasts for hours no matter what you are doing.

It is extremely durable, even without a case or screen protector, but I always have one just to be safe,

This advanced technology is so easy to use that anyone from a child to an adult can become an expert in no time at all. It does not need instructions.

It has a lovely design that makes it even more easy to use.

• Battery Life:

This is one of the best products of this type.

Comments about Apple iPod Touch 5th Generation MP3 Player:

With this product, it's really easy to listen to music, play games, and many other options. It was convenient because of how easy it was to download music and apps. I could get the music from my other devices to this one quite simply. This version of the Apple iPod touch features Siri, which can help make searching the web and doing simple tasks easy while doing other things where the hands aren't available.

Apple ipod

Comments about Apple iPod Touch 5th Generation MP3 Player:

Ipod 5th generation by apple is a great product. I've owned this product since the day it came out and I loved it until this iOS 7 update. It takes great pictures and videos. The internet is good. It has access to great apps. However the update of iOS 7 is bad. It closes out of apps. The sound is bad. Siri doesn't do what you say. I still like this ipod and I use it everyday. However I wouldn't recommend this ipod,a lot of this are not that great about it.

• Battery Life:

Thin to the design, yet so thick of usage.

Comments about Apple iPod Touch 5th Generation MP3 Player:

The iPod touch 5th generation might be a little bit pricey for some of us. However, it is surely worth it. It is easy to organize, performs better than most music devices, and the video quality is amazing. Now, you can play games and listen to music with high quality in just one place. Having your iPod connected to the rest of your Apple devices makes it run even more smoothly. Photo stream makes you able to share all your photos from your iPod to your other Apple devices, and vice versa. The only con I can really think of would be the durability. Unfortunately, it breaks pretty easily as other Apple products according to my friend who dropped his iPod on concrete, causing the screen to crack. I fell in love with it when trying it out, and since I needed a music and hand held gaming device, I went for it. I have used it for a couple of months and I don't regret buying it one bit.

Battery Life
I charge mine less than 1 time a day, and I use it quite frequently.

Breaks pretty easily, as most Apple products.

Easy to hold, easy to handle.

Very light, thin, and beautiful. Fairly large amount of color variety.

• Battery Life:

A great device that I would recommend to anyone.

Comments about Apple iPod Touch 5th Generation MP3 Player:

This ipod touch can do almost everything that I need. The memory sizes are very accommodating, and it has decent battery life, about the same as a smart phone. The interface is easy to figure out, and it is very lightweight and fairly durable. I use it for music, internet, emails, games, apps. I would give a 10, but I have had a problem with the usb cords that come packaged, and are essential for charging.