But, there's a newer version

See latest version

Apple iPod Touch 4th Generation MP3 Player

Pros

Cons

• Battery Life:

Reach out and TOUCH someone!

I have had my Apple Ipod Touch for over a year now and don't know why I haven't posted on it until now so I feel I have let you down!  If you don't have an MP3 player of any kind, get this one!  It's fun, light and full of hours of music delight!  I love the Apple ITunes store and their ease of use so I enjoy this product greatly.  I also have an Apple Iphone 3S that serves the same purpose but to have both has been great.  I bought the Ipod first and find that it made my transition into the use of the Iphone very easy.

As for the Ipod, it's great!  I always have it in my purse to play games on the WiFi connections in town.  Lighter than my Iphone, I can hold it easier since it doesn't have the same technology as the phone.  Without the camera and phone capabilities, it makes for easier holding.  My hand doesn't tire as quickly as it does with the phone under the same use conditions.

If you can afford both, get them.

Sandy

Ipod Touch ... don't believe the hype!

The 4th generation Ipod touch is probably the best to date. it is a decent to good mp3 player for casual listeners or non audiophiles. This version of the touch is a step in the right direction. If money isn't a issue and you want an all around portable media device then I'll recommend this product as long as you don't have already have an Ipod Touch. Apple has been putting a lot of emphasis on their retina screen, which is nice but not nice enough to make me want to upgrade from the 3rd Generation Touch. Most people wouldn't recognize the improved screen until you do a side by side comparison. The speaker isn't powerful, the sound quality is sub-par even for Apple. It easily gets distorted upon insignificant volume increases. Sound is slightly better through the headphone jack but it appears Apple just doesn't hold the music portion of this device in high regard. The camera addition to the Touch should have been added to the 1st Generation Touch or the 3rd at the very latest but I guess Apple wanted to milk us for all they could first. Finally the camera is here but the quality doesn't live up to the long wait. It's decent for what it is but it could have been so much better. It hasno auto focus, doesn't perform the best in low light, and it doesn't have a flash. The mega pixels are low but that doesn't determine anything except for size and not quality which isn't bad for this camera. was very skeptic towards the addition of the camera, Video recording quality in 720p is on par with most smart phones and even better then some. The selling point for the Touch and Apple period is the App store. Personally I could care less about most of those apps. I have no use for them and just wanted something that plays music/videos and wi-fi for occasional browsing the net. I guess I should have put more stock in my first 2 needs and found something better and cheaper that fits my build. If you're into apps and an all around decent media player that excels at nothing but does everything alright then buy an 4th Gen. Touch as long as you don't have an previous version.

Like a phone that doesn't make calls

Comments about Apple iPod Touch 4th Generation MP3 Player:

The reason this review is so low rated is because it lacks many features. For example, the battery life is very bad on this, also the 8GB model loses space in about 160 songs and some podcasts. And this is very easy to crack the screen. Also, this lacks the feature of being able to run Apple's latest iOS, which is iOS7 which is very depressing. Another bad thing about this is that the camera is under 1 megapixel (THATS RIGHT, ONE) the back has about 0.7 megapixel and the front has 0.3 megapixel, about the same as the old (almost 10 year old) Palm Treo 650! But the display is decent because it has a retina display and is a good device for kids or pre-teens to do stuff such as play games and for of course like any iPod, listening to your iTunes music.

Sound Quality
Without the headphones, the iPod sounds like a blown speaker so if I were you, I'd wear those headphones or earbuds if I were you.

The iPod does run iOS 5 or 6 very well, and can run applications just like an iPhone 3GS, which is the closest in software to the 4th Gen iPod Touch. Though sometimes the iPod will run pretty slow.

Battery Life
Battery life for the iPod is a huge problem. Before my iPod Touch I had a 2nd Generation iPod Nano, and that thing could go about a week and a half without a charge, but this, about 3 to 4 days.

The iPod Touch 4th gen should have a case the second you buy it. These things get the back scratched in about 1 hour. And the screen cracks if you drop it just about anywhere. except carpet. If it falls on your kitchen tiles or hardwood floor or cement, you're lucky if there isn't a chip or crack on the corner of your screen.

Like all Apple Products, the iPod Touch 4th gen is as easy as any other apple product to use. it is just plain easy to figure out.

The new generations are much nicer than this generation but overall, it is very skinny and slim and comfortable to grip and hold in your hand. But the mirror like back is the biggest problem

Handy Gadget on The Go

Comments about Apple iPod Touch 4th Generation MP3 Player:

Apple stands for quality products, and this 4th Gen product meets those standards all the way. From a multitude of apps to keep your organized, busy, and entertained to various storage needs--this handy electronic does it all. Where I thought I'd just be using it to play my music and take pictures, I ended up using it to store information, ideas, and capture moments in my life with the tap of a screen. It is, indeed, a very handy object full of possibilities. Don't let the size fool you!

Sound Quality
Without speaker attachments or earbuds, you get somewhat decent sound from the iPod Touch by itself. Previously mentioned extra apparatus enhances the sound of music a thousand fold. For use of an alarm, it's pretty good for waking you up. Depending where you are, sound effects from the iPod are pretty noticeable.

Sometimes programs crash. This is either because you have too many things running, or simply because a new update is error-filled. If you stuff the device near-capacity, response time for exiting, opening, or changing programs might be a little slow.

Battery Life
Battery life could be a little better. If you're an avid app user, beware. Keep an emergency charger handy. Be prepared to have to charge this device after about two hours' use.

Not necessarily a good idea to toss it about, but accidents happen. I dropped mine a few times, and there's a very noticeable crack on the side. Solve this issue by finding yourself a very good case. iPod Touches are delicate creatures. One fluke, and you're off to the Apple Store for servicing.

Perfect ten all around. You learn as you go. It's really not that difficult, granted that it's mostly touching, tapping, and optional voice command to find various items. Just remember your account password and pin number for the lock screen.

AWESOME

Comments about Apple iPod Touch 4th Generation MP3 Player:

I love this Item. I have had mine for several years and I bought a 64 GB one that is still not even close to full. Even though I have a ton of songs and apps on it.

Sound Quality
The sound quality is Ok. Its not like super amazing but with the right headphones the music plays just as well.

This product performs really quite well. I have not had any problems with it so far and I look for ward to getting a bunch of use from it.

Battery Life
I really wish the battery would last longer especially when i spend so much time playing apps to pass the time

By itself its not all that durable but put a case and a screen protector on it and that makes it last just a bit longer especially for some one who seems to drop it alot

I love how easy it is to customize it to how you want it to work. You can put apps in categories and search for songs by the title or voice search. Its super nice and easy

Its nice and sleek and fits in pockets easily.

• Battery Life:

My review will be a present day one

Comments about Apple iPod Touch 4th Generation MP3 Player:

Cool gadgets such as these ALWAYS have high standards for people such as myself. This product is beyond easy to break. The silver back dents easily and the screen will crack if dropped 1 1/2 feet off the ground ( I found out the hard way.) Since the new IOS update this product has become basically useless in everything except playing music, so if that's your only use for it, then I recommend! Any way, apps run extremely slow and constantly crash upon opening, once again making it useless for anything except music. When this product was released, I'm sure it was extremely useful and fun to use but here in 2014, it's more of a bother to use than a convenience.

Sound Quality
With that Apple earbuds it's fantastic but it sadly has a sad excuse for speaker at the bottom of it. I have yet to understand why an IPhone has more speakers and sound quality than an IPod

It's slow and apps crash constantly

Battery Life
Battery dies quickly unless listening to music and screen is locked

The design is the best part of this product

• Battery Life:

Discontinued, but still a great device

Comments about Apple iPod Touch 4th Generation MP3 Player:

Apple's 4th generation iPod touch, which comes in 8, 16, 32, and 64 gigabyte varieties, is a great device. The iPod touch comes with a camera which can shoot video and take pictures. The picture taking abilities aren't as impressive as the shots taken with the 5th gen iPod touch, but with millions of apps available in the app store, the ability to browse the internet (WiFi only), and listen to your own music, this is a great device. If you are put off by iTunes, all it takes is a little Googling and the words iTunes alternatives.

Sound Quality
You will probably need better headphones than the ones included to hear some better sounds

Runs smooth for the most part. Some apps crash, but this is the fault of the app.

Battery Life
It could be better. To have decent battery life, the WiFi has to be shut off. This can be a pain when you want to listen to music while you play a gaming app.

The item is durable for the most part if you buy an Otterbox case for it. However, your device would have to fall down on its back in order to avoid any cracks to the screen.

Very easy to use. A lot of people are intimidated by Apple, but it really is easy.

The back does get fingerprints easily, but it can easily be covered with a case.

Ipod fan for life!

Comments about Apple iPod Touch 4th Generation MP3 Player:

I started out with the first generation ipod touch when it first came out on the market and was blown away by the music and video capabilities. I really didn't see where there was any room for improvement but was pleasantly surprised that it's even better now--crisp, clear, and simply amazing video and audio capabilities. I love that you can listen to it without speakers now (unable to do this on first generation). Safari is an exceptional browser and you can surf the internet very quickly. There is an abundance of free apps in all categories that are high quality and entertaining. I have begun using my laptop less because I have found the ipod touch to be faster and more portable. I can access my bank accounts and email faster on the ipod touch than any other electronic device I've used! This device will definitely please. Easy to set up and use and can be enjoyed by people of all ages and from all backgrounds.

• Battery Life:

Has it's flaws, but has served me well overall.

Comments about Apple iPod Touch 4th Generation MP3 Player:

I have had this ipod for coming up on three years now and we have been through thick and thin together. As I do not have a smart phone, it is always with me and serves as an iphone me wherever I have an internet connection ( I essentially have all the wi-fi hotspots in my town memorized haha). My home button quit working a few months ago which I remedied by updating to ios6 which has the option of a home-screen home button. This is definitely not ideal, but it is nice that apple took this flaw into consideration and developed a "band aid" for it. I have dropped it far more times than I am proud of, on concrete, parking lots, etc. Though I realized I am blessed and this is not a rule, it has survived every fall without a cracked or broken screen. I can't comment much on the music abilities side of things because, as I already stated, my ipod serves more as a phone than an mp3 device; it's primary use is internet access and other informational or game apps.

• Battery Life:

I sort of wish they still made these

Comments about Apple iPod Touch 4th Generation MP3 Player:

I got one of these when I was in either 8th grade or a freshman in high school, and I really loved it, it went everywhere with me. I had so much music on it and it was pretty good about having enough storage space for me to still put apps and things on it; the only thing I didn't like is as it got older and they started producing more updated versions of the iPhones and the iPods it started freezing a lot, whenever I'd try to do something too fast or use it for too long. The battery life was alright; as long as I was near a charger I was pretty much okay, although it didn't hold a battery on it's own for much longer than a day, I'd say. Still, overall I was really happy with this, it was a great present for a 14 year old, and just for nostalgic purposes I wish they still made these, I'd definitely buy one for my future kids.

Sound Quality
Good sound; although like I said sometimes it would freeze, especially as it got older, and then the song would mess up and it was really weird

Very good.

Comments about Apple iPod Touch 4th Generation MP3 Player:

Very good for listening to music, social networking, etc.

Sound Quality
Good sound quality. Can get very loud if you want it to. Has volume buttons on the side as well.

It sometimes gets slower when you have a lot of applications still running, but close them all and it works very quickly.

Battery Life
This is one of the only things that could be better. But still lasts for several hours.

Great Mp3 player for the price

Comments about Apple iPod Touch 4th Generation MP3 Player:

This Ipod is a great (but not the best) mp3 for daily use.The Ipod itself is super thin,probably the most thin ipod touch there is,while having a nice weight to it.The speakers are alright,it could've been more clearer and less distortion.The back camera has a nice resolution,at the right lighting,and the front camera is an alright camera,but it can look like the back camera with the right lighting also.It can play many games,but it can't run the games with fancy graphics,or it'll crash.The battery can last up to about 3-5 hours on a full battery (depending on what you do with it).