Other iPods:

Apple iPod Shuffle 4th Generation MP3 Player

Pros

Cons

• Battery Life:

All your music with out fear of any skips.

The Apple iPod Shuffle 2 GB MP3 Player is a great way to listen to your music. It might not have a screen like more expensive models but if all you want is a music player than this is all you need. I sit at a computer all day doing computer programming and without my Apple iPod Shuffle 2 GB MP3 Player I think I go nuts just having to listen to myself typing and clicking all day. I have mine filled with lots and lots of Christian music. Though the encourage you to use itunes for your music, I would not bother with it because it sucks and is way overpriced. There are a lot of great site out there where you can get music cheaper and sometimes free. I am talking legal free not just free and we wont mention where it actually came from. I think I got almost all of mine from amazon.com, those gift cards from surveys are good for something else other than hot sauce. I had to read the intstructions to figure out how this thing worked but after reading once I knew how to use and thought this is so easy why couldn't I figure it out without them.

ipod Shuffle

I have had a generic mp3 player for a very long time. Well, recently there was a referral promotion going through an on-line shopping site. The more people you invited the better the Apple prize (not a promotion from Apple) I ended up with enough referrals for the smallest, but still good, prize - the ipod Shuffle. Had I not won this, I may have never bought one. I've never really seen the point in spending so much on something when a much cheaper version would do. Especially on such a basic model.

It's VERY small, mine is silver in color, and came with earphones and the USB cable (also VERY tiny) Size wise, it's a little too small for me (I'm scared I'll lose it) But would be absolutley perfect for someone who runs, plays sports, walks a lot, or to use at the gym. I was thinking and although I don't do many of those things, the place I'll use it most is plugged into my car CD player which I can easily enough put some velcro on as to not lose it! It has 2GB of storage, which for me is more than enough. I don't need my entire library of music with me at all times.

It's also not quite as simple as generic mp3 players. You have to download itunes, and use that program even if you just want to put one of your own CD's on to it. But all in all I figure this is a pretty nice MP3 player. Much better looking and more functional than I've seen with the previous ipod shuffle models. And once I get used to using itunes, I think I'll be all set!

ipod shuffle is the best

Comments about Apple iPod Shuffle 4th Generation MP3 Player:

The iPod Shuffle as always been the smallest and the cheapest of Apple's MP3 players.

Sound Quality
The best sound quality of any of the ipods

The clip works good

Lasts a long time

Very solid

Lightest and easiest ipod ever, ultimate thing for sports

Modern and very small

Greatest MP3 Player

Comments about Apple iPod Shuffle 4th Generation MP3 Player:

I love how simple the ipod shuffle is to use and the color choices are awesome!

Sound Quality
The sound quality of the ipod shuffle is very nice. It's always crystal clear and crisp.

The shuffle does a great job. It's never skipped, cracked, or faded while playing songs. And I love the fact that I can have multiple playlists. I can keep kid songs on one playlist, my favorite pop songs on another, and so on. It keeps everyone happy thanks to the large amount of storage space as well.

Battery Life
Ipod shuffle has great battery life. I've never timed it but I would say I get at least 6-8 hours per charge. Recharging the ipod is a breeze and doesn't take very long.

The ipod shuffle is very durable. My kids have tossed it around and messed with it and it's still going strong.

It's extremely easy to use. It only has volume up/down, skip forward/backward, and play/pause buttons. You can't go wrong with it.

I love the design. It's very simple and easy to use. The only down side is how small it is.

Have to replace often

from Highland, CA

Comments about Apple iPod Shuffle 4th Generation MP3 Player:

The ipod is wonderful when you first start using it, but eventually it stops holding a charge as long or quits playing altogether.

I bought this product for use working out but it doesn't hold up well. As a matter of fact I've had three and each one has failed to last more than a few months. Eventually each one doesn't charge correctly or doesn't play at all.

love it

Comments about Apple iPod Shuffle 4th Generation MP3 Player:

I got this for running and I love it. It holds a good amount of songs. I don't have much music and I could not put everything I own on it, but it does hold a good amount. The battery lasts pretty long and is very easy to charge. It has a little clip so I can clip it onto my clothes when running.

iPod Shuffle: Small, Portable But Not Without A Few Faults

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Apple iPod Shuffle 4th Generation MP3 Player:

When I wanted something smaller than my iPod Touch when I went for a morning run someone suggested the Shuffle because of the size. While you can get it in a myriad of colors and they aren't as expensive as an iPod Touch or Zune, there is no screen to see your playlists or downloaded tracks. That means you have to view everything through iTunes and if you aren't the biggest fan of the Apple interface you are going to hate having to use it to load and unload music.

I have dropped this, stepped on it and its been tossed across the room several times and it still works but the buttons have a weak response time after about nine months of use. This came with a pair of the standard issue white Apple earbud headphones and the charge cord that also doubles as the sync cord to load and unload music. I got this in metallic pink because I knew that there is no way I would be able to miss it if it were clipped to a sweatshirt when I was doing laundry.

The headphones only lasted about two months before the left side started cutting out and eventually failed completely. I replaced them with over-the-ear headphones from another brand and they sounded better than the ones that came with the Shuffle. I'd recommend this to someone that wants something small and doesn't need to know every single song or the order in which they are stored. The clip does make it convenient when you are running on a treadmill or jogging but it does slip if you have it on thinner clothing.

Sound Quality
The headphones and the quality of the MP3's are what are going to determine the overall sound.

Battery Life
This is last a couple of hours of constant play before it needs recharged.

There isn't a lot that could break on this but it's not waterproof.

It takes a while to get used to the controls and that it lacks a screen.

MY gym buddy.

Comments about Apple iPod Shuffle 4th Generation MP3 Player:

Sometimes you want to jam out to some old school Nysnc at the gym. That is were my trusty shuffle comes in. I have an ipod just for working out. It is cheap enough to get one and just put on all your favorite gym jams and just let the good times roll. I love never knowing what is next and if i'm not feeling it i can always skip it. I also love that it clips on to things so when its time for weights I don't have to worry about it. I love the fun colors as well. The sound is incredible and the battery lasts for a long time. I love that I can switch from cardio to weights and not have to adjust anything. It is my best friend at the gym. It keeps me motivated to keep going.

Awesome shuffle

Comments about Apple iPod Shuffle 4th Generation MP3 Player:

The shuffle is awesome. Perfect for fulfilling ones music listening needs! It's sleek, compact and adorable. And it's not that hard to understand how to use it, so it's great for even the less than tech savvy like a parent or even grand parent. It works great and I often tend to go back to mine when I want to listen to music.

• Battery Life:

good thing in a small package

Comments about Apple iPod Shuffle 4th Generation MP3 Player:

I work in a factory and take my shuffle to work with me every night. I've been listening to books on it for the last 4 weeks and it's changed the way I look at my job. I just clip this little guy to my side and venture out into a new world all while i'm still doing my job. I don't know how I ever worked without it.

The good: The iPod Shuffle includes a sturdy built-in clip; support for playlists, audiobooks, podcasts, Genius Mixes; and a multilingual VoiceOver feature that announces track information, battery status, and menu navigation.
The bad: The 2GB capacity can't hold much; there's no headphone remote nor radio; the track controls tend to get pinched when clipping the iPod to your clothes; and the chances of you accidentally running it through the washing machine are quite high.
The bottom line: The Apple iPod Shuffle is an great way to take your favorite songs or books on the go, but sometimes it's too small for its own good.

great for the kids

Comments about Apple iPod Shuffle 4th Generation MP3 Player:

I bought several of these, one for each kid. I wanted inexpensive and something able to be used with my itunes account. I didn't want to have to pay extra for music I already had purchased. These are great! They hold up well even with kids using them and hold plenty of songs. The colors are great because the kids love different colors and it makes it really easy to tell them apart at a glance. I would buy this again.

Sound Quality
sound is just as good as my ipod classic

easy to use and never had a problem

Battery Life
good, even though the kids sometimes leave it going.

they hold up well to rough use by kids and teens

it is a pain to have to cycle through songs but otherwise is good

they look great, only problem is having to cycle through songs to get to one you want to hear. The small size is good for kids but it is easy to misplace if you aren't careful. Also be careful that you don't leave it in a pair of pants and accidently wash it!

• Battery Life:

Small and easy, no frills.

from florida, USA

Comments about Apple iPod Shuffle 4th Generation MP3 Player:

This product is great for a runner, kids, almost anyone. It does not have any kind of display to show you what songs are playing or stored. To see the contents of this iPod, it has to be connected to a computer with iTunes. It also has a clip built onto it so you can clip it onto your sleeve or pants while doing other activities.

Sound Quality
Great sound quality. I have never had an issue with sound. The volume goes up quite loud, too.

It has always performed well and as advertised.

Battery Life
Batter life is decent. Not spectacular. When using it to run, it will last approximately 3 days, running 2 miles each day.

So far it has been pretty durable. It has been dropped and in the hands of toddlers and still works great.

Simply turn it on and go. There are forward and backward buttons, but since there is no display, you just have to make sure you like all the music stored on it.

For someone that wants something simple and lightweight to listen to music while doing something else hands free, this is great and easy.