But, there's a newer version

See latest version

Apple iPod Nano 4th Generation MP3 Player

Pros

Cons

small and wonderful!

They say great things come in small packages..and this is exactly true with the iPod Nano. It's very small but can store plenty of music and photos. I got my silver Nano about two years ago and up to this day, it still looks good and still works perfectly it's like i just bought it yesterday! I also got the Ipod Classic and occasionally, i use my fiance's iPod Black when mine is low on battery -- they are twice bigger than the Nano and can support not just music and photos, but also video playbacks. All of them are wonderful!!...Normally when i carry a bigger purse, i bring my Classic, when i have a small purse or when i don't have it at all, i choose to carry my Nano : - ). To download my music, i just sync it to itunes on our Mac and everything is good to go. It's that quick and easy. Other features include a calendar, stop watch and world clock, so if you're traveling across datelines, you can monitor and synchronize with time changes.

I am so frustrated and sad

I am so sad, and frustrated.

I am so sad, and frustrated.

I have heard so much about the Ipods, but I have not been able to justify spending the money on it..  I was given a gift card to a major chain that sells these IPODS, and I said, cool, I am finally going to have one of these mp3 players.

I am blind, and how everyone makes these Ipods sound, they will be the next best thing since sliced bread

Unfortunately, for me, this must have been a brick, not a slice bread.

What I feel about the IPOD, is that it is too tactile, with outhaving enough feedback that I would be able to wrok with it extremely easily.

I got it home, connected it to my usb port on my computer, waited for it to totally charge up.  While waiting for this to happen, I downloaded and installed Itunes.

Every other mp3 that I have owned, I could go to my folder with songs, and just do a edit copy, edit print, and bam, I was able to rock and start to listen to my music.

The IPOD does not work this way, When I called apple for tech support to find out some information about setting up the ipod and getting my music on the ipod.

The major problem that I had, was that the tech support had a hard time ok, practically, and I mean at least 5 people being able to explain to me atall about just I assumed, dime a dozen information about the IPOD, I guess what I thought was so everyday, must have been to archic or majortoo confusing.  After being on the phone with apple, after like I said earlier I went from person to person, manager to major, and then major to a silent line, oops, I guess it was rally being hung up on.

After a few weeks trying to figure the IPOD out, I returned the IPOD, and switched to an RCA mp3 player, and BANG... it was and is so encredably easy and I find it blind friendly and I love this rca MP3

Love it so much I bought it twice!

Comments about Apple iPod Nano 4th Generation MP3 Player:

This was my first MP3 player. It paved the way to where I am today. It was perfect for work and held more music than I needed. It fit perfectly in my pocket while I stocked shelves at the end of the night. I used it in my car and took it everywhere with me. I loved the color choice. I still use it today, it fits great in your pocket when using the four wheeler! I only bought it twice because the first one was stolen.

Eye Catching!

Comments about Apple iPod Nano 4th Generation MP3 Player:

Overall, The Nano was revulionary with its design. Various colors to choose from. allowed everyone to have a choice. Design wise. although very small. its easy to use. whether it is for working out or everyday use. although for some odd reason it would die on me rather quickly. (Faster than my ipod touch i have now) regardless. it was a charm for music playing.

Best mp3 player yet!!!

Comments about Apple iPod Nano 4th Generation MP3 Player:

I love my I-Pod Nano. Not only is it small enough to fit in my pocket, it is very easy to use. It also holds lots of music. It only works with I-Tunes, but that is alright because I love I-Tunes. It also plays movies and pod-casts. You can also store and share pictures on the I-Pod Nano.

Love It

Comments about Apple iPod Nano 4th Generation MP3 Player:

It lasts a very long time,and I love the quality.I had my for over 3 years and it sounds so good,and it has all my favorite songs.I love that the battery has a very long life.It has a few things that I don't care about.You can erase your songs if your not careful when you begin your long journey of selecting your songs and putting them on your ipod and editing out songs.

• Battery Life:

The iPod is so much more than a Walkman

from Havre De Grace, MD

Comments about Apple iPod Nano 4th Generation MP3 Player:

The iPod is a great way to enjoy music, videos, and photos on the go. It's easily portable and extremely light weight.

Sound Quality
Sound is clear and volume is easily adjusted.

It's frozen a few times on me. When it finally "comes to" the battery is instantly drained even if I had just charged it.

Battery Life
It's amazing how long it can go without a charge.

I haven't dropped it, but it doesn't seem too durable without a protective case.

It's really easy to use.

It's thin, light, and looks cool.

Ipod Nano: The songs keep going on and on!

from Jacksonville, FL

Comments about Apple iPod Nano 4th Generation MP3 Player:

Ipod Nano: The songs keep going on and on!

I agree this ipod nano is really outdated now. But for a runner like me, it has been my best friend for the last 3 and a half years.

The best part about the ipod nano is its battery life. I really dont have to worry about it dying on me in the middle of a workout or a run. The quoted battery life on this is about 8-10 hours and that equates to only one charge a week.

This ipod nano does not have fancy features like movie playback or record video. It is a music player and excels amazingly at that.

The itunes software is used to tune up this nano. You transfer songs and create playlists on it using the software.

Its size is the best thing. It is thin and really light. I use an armband to keep this nano on my arm during my runs. The touch wheel is perfect for easily going from one song to another.

I look forward to many more years of running with this little guy!

Pretty in Pink - Apple iPod nano 8GB

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Apple iPod Nano 4th Generation MP3 Player:

I have had my Apple iPod nano for a little while now. The 8GB memory offers plenty of room for a wide variety of music, audiobooks, games, and videos. It is very portable and fits anywhere because of its small size. It comes in many fun colors but I purchased the pink (hot pink) one.

I have run into a few problems with this device, namely, the screen scratching/breaking. Mine was under warranty so it was replaced, but it did happen with hardly any effort. I also had problems with seeing the screen while in the car. I had to upgrade because of this. It was just too hard to concentrate on driving while I was changing songs.

I love mine, though so I would really recommend it to anyone looking for a small/portable mp3 player this is the one to get.

iPod nano

from Ringgold, GA

Comments about Apple iPod Nano 4th Generation MP3 Player:

I love my iPod. It's user friendly, stylish, sleek, and holds a ton of music. The battery life is great and the screen size is just perfect. I rated this 4 stars because it does on occasion freeze up and I have to do a hard restart but other than that it's great!

This apple iPod is fantastic!!

from East Wareham, MA

Comments about Apple iPod Nano 4th Generation MP3 Player:

I received this as a Christmas gift and I love it! I wanted something to plug into the speaker on my jogging stroller. This works perfectly. I love how easy it is to sync up with my iTunes library. All I do is plug the cord into the iPod and the other end into my computer when my iTunes library is open, and it picks it up and syncs it right away. It only takes a minute and I am ready to go. I dropped this iPod into mayonaise once and I thought that would be the end of my iPod. It still works perfectly!!! I cleaned it out the best I could, and it still works just the same. It still takes a charge and everything! I would say that is very durable. The only complaint I have is that it can only be synced to one library only. I had to have my laptop erased and re-loaded, so I had to choose to save all my old songs and never add any more to this iPod, or erase my iPod library and start over with my new iTunes library once my laptop was re-loaded. Other than that, I love this!!!

I use my Nano every day

from Statesboro, GA

Comments about Apple iPod Nano 4th Generation MP3 Player:

I received my Apple iPod Nano as a birthday gift in November of 2009, and I think I have used it every day since then. I take it from the car to the house and back again. I also use it at the gym. It's slim design makes it very portable, but I also like the fact that it's not too small, so that I can easily locate it in my purse and other cluttered areas such as drawers and car consoles. I actually shunned spending so much on a music device, but I am such a book nerd that I actually like listening to audio books while in the car, cleaning my house, and, yes, even when I can't fall asleep at night. So I needed something that would play WMAs, and this is one device that will work for downloading audiobooks in WMA formats. Before you start thinking I'm a total loser, I do have music on my Nano now. But with over 450 songs and about 7 books, there is still plenty of space left. The Nano also has a camera, how about that.