Other iPods:

Apple iPod Classic 6th Generation MP3 Player

Pros

Cons

• Battery Life:

Why didn't I buy one before?

I've always bought the less mainstream mp3 players - this is my very first ipod. I have to say, it's not the best player in terms of features, but it does have some things that make it uniquely better (I think) than others I have owned. If I want to watch a tv show or look at (and zoom into) pictures I will most likely use my Creative Zen Vision. The screen is much bigger, but that also makes it bulkier. However, it also has a radio and voice recorder built-in. I'm sorry, but I don't want to have to buy a ton of little attachments for my mp3 player - If I'm going to do that then I might as well get a slightly larger player to begin with. Okay, those are my cons. On to the pros. I really enjoy the layout of the software on the device and I find navigation to be very simple. The click wheel is great and lets you fly through hundreds of artists in no time. The new Cover Flow feature is okay, but loading the artwork isn't too terribly speedy and they have a new feature where artwork is also displayed at the main menu. That's nicer than just having a blank screen, but once again will cause a loading delay. The games loaded with the software are also great - whenever I'm bored I can just pull out my ipod for a quick game of solitaire or vortex. Overall, there are a few things that could be improved upon, but for listening in the car and on the go, I love my ipod!

wait for one with a better battery life

The Ipod Classic was my first dive into the IPod world and while it has been a fantastic outlet to keep me entertained on my train ride to and from the city each day, I have found the Classic to have one major problem.

That is the battery life.  I used to watch shows on it and it would last the entire 40 minute trip into the city and sometimes even part way home, but as the Ipod has gotten older (Only had it about 3 years) it seems that the battery life has been waning more and more.

The product stil works perfectly, and I can get it to hold my music, audio books and podcasts, all of which have absolutely no issues being played for hours on end.  It's the video exclusively that seems to really eat into the battery.

The best temporary solution I have found to correct the problem is a battery adapter that you can charge up from the wall and when you need an extra boost jut add to the bottom of your IPod.

A temporary solution, while the long term solution is just waiting on the newer version with a better battery.  Inquire about this when buying your IPod.

In my opinion, the best ipod

Comments about Apple iPod Classic 6th Generation MP3 Player:

In my opinion, this is the best ipod available. Because it is not a touch screen, it is much more durable and because the screen is smaller, it has better battery life. Unless you are really interested in apps, this is the one to buy.

Sound Quality
As long as you use decent headphones, the sound quality is quite good.

Performs well and produces good sound (given decent headphones).

Battery Life
Battery lasts for quite a while, because the screen is small and therefore is not a very large drain on battery life. This product is good for long road trips or other long time commitments.

Despite having been dropped from a second story window and left out in the rain, my ipod classic is still functional (though with a fair number of scratches). I have had it since they came out and age has not noticeably deteriorated its function.

Basic interface operated by the wheel on the front.

Easy to use, user friendly.

Great!

Comments about Apple iPod Classic 6th Generation MP3 Player:

Great product! I have had it for awhile now and it still works great and has excellent sound quality. It has good durability if I drop it, it does't even have a dent. Has an amazing amount of storage. I currently have 8000 amazing songs. I strongly recommend this product to anyone who loves music.

A music workhorse

Comments about Apple iPod Classic 6th Generation MP3 Player:

I had this iPod for years until it broke, only at my own fault. I fit literally everything that I wanted on this iPod and still usually had about 10 GB to spare. I had a few hundred hours of music, a couple movies, and most seasons on Psych, with usually some more stuff on it and still had room.

Sound Quality
Seeing as it has a huge space availability you are able to fit the highest quality audio files on your computer.

I dropped this thing multiple times and it had a few dents and a lot of scratches on the back. The thing glitched out a couple times during normal use but it was nothing a quick reset couldn't fix.

Battery Life
Usually lasts about a week with normal use. I didn't constantly listen to the thing.

Lasted forever. It only broke when I dropped it hiking and it bounced down the hill. Solid design.

You can easily add songs, TV shows, Movies, and simple games onto this device. The scroll wheel and center button work very well to navigate the device.

Simple, sleek, durable design.

• Battery Life:

Tremendous storage and excellent sound

Comments about Apple iPod Classic 6th Generation MP3 Player:

The storage capacity of mine is phenomenal(160g). The sound is good regardless of how high the volume is turned up, and the manner in which all of the music is organized is varied and helpful

Sound Quality
No matter how high the volume is turned up, the sound quality still stays excellent.

Regardless of the scenario, this IPod always is dependable and I can count on it to perform above and beyond my expectations

Battery Life
I have run it far longer between charges than I ever thought possible. Battery life has far exceeded my expectations and hope it continues

Thankfully I have not been in a situation where the durability is truly tested, but based upon construction it appears that the IPod is built well and could sustain rough treatment or the occasional drop

Incredibly easy to use and the music is well organized and easy to find specific songs or artists

The design is not only extremely functional, it is also appealing to the eye

Best one I've had

Comments about Apple iPod Classic 6th Generation MP3 Player:

So, I've had a lot of iPods. First I had the nano, then the shuffle, then another nano, then the touch. Finally, I got this iPod. Let me just start out by saying that even though these are older, they are the absolute best out of all the iPods. I have 160GB of space, that is amazing! My 8GB iPods could only hold about 1,000 songs. I have tons of songs on this one and it hasn't even made a dent in the amount of available GB. It is extremely durable, I drop it constantly and I'm extremely clumsy but it hasn't broken yet, and hopefully never will. It puts out a good, quality sound. The battery pretty much lasts forever. I use this in my car everyday and I do quite a bit of driving. I can usually go about a week without needing to charge it. It's extremely easy to use as well. Most importantly, GB aren't taken up by random things that I didn't put on there. This was the case with two of my previous iPods. Even restoring them wouldn't help. I recommend this iPod to anyone who is looking to purchase a new one in the near future. They don't sell these in stores anymore, but you can find them online brand new. They are well worth the money. One of these will run you anywhere from 250- 300.

Great Ipod

Comments about Apple iPod Classic 6th Generation MP3 Player:

I've gotten this Ipod just over a year ago for Christmas and I use it pretty much everyday. The battery life last a while, the sound of the music is great, and it is a very durable Ipod. I'll keep this Ipod for as long as I can.

Sound Quality
All my music sounds great!!

The quality of sound the music makes is great!

Battery Life
As long as you don't keep playing with it and just let it go to the lock screen the battery last quite a long time. I always have mine plugged into my car, which charges it, so I've never had a problem with battery life. Plus, when I'm at the gym, I'm there for an hour or more and my battery on my Ipod never really goes down the time I'm there.

This thing is build like a brick! (in a good way) I've dropped it a few times and nothing bad happened to it at all. Still looks great, no scratches and no dents.

Very easy to use. Download your favorite music, plug in the headphones, then enjoy some great sounding music.

It's unique and very sturdy. It's build solid and fits in your pocket just fine.

• Battery Life:

Ah the classic, the best.

Comments about Apple iPod Classic 6th Generation MP3 Player:

Ah the classic, the best. If all you need is a music player the classic is the way to go. With its ease of use, elegant design and beautiful sound you cant go wrong.

Sound Quality
The apple ear buds are great. But get yourself some rubber cushioned noise canceling headphones for the maximum experience.

I have the iPod video 30 gig since 2003. It works beautifully as a music player and a portable hard drive.

Battery Life
Most people leave their devices charging when not in use. This will cause overcharging which will kill the iPods battery life.

I have the iPod video (the model that the "classic" is based on). I have had it since 2003. It still works beautifully.

The "classic" will always be my choice as far as ease of use out of all the iPods. When I am listening to music I don't want or need touch capabilities. Have you ever tried to use a touch screen while working out? It hardly ever works.

Elegant, as all Apple products tend to be. A lot tougher than current gen Ipods.

• Battery Life:

The last apple product I was completely satisfied with.

Comments about Apple iPod Classic 6th Generation MP3 Player:

I've owned my current iPod Classic for 6 years and used it very frequently. It is just now(almost 2014) showing signs of wear. It has been incredibly reliable for movies and music. The games it comes programmed with are fun and some of the other features such as the calendar, alarm clock, and photo storage are very useful. Despite now owning a smart phone with a high amount of storage, I still use the iPod Classic.

Battery Life
Lasts for quite a while but will deteriorate quicker after a couple years. Still better than most devices I've used.

• Battery Life:

This Device Is A Sure Win On Any Other MP3 Player Out There!

Comments about Apple iPod Classic 6th Generation MP3 Player:

I rated it an overall 8 because for one I wish the memory could of been a bit of a larger capacity and the click wheel is a pain. Overall though it hold all of the great music I listen to and great for playing movies on the go!

Sound Quality
The sound I find it to be incredible, just really depends on the right kind of headphones to provide the right bass or loudness, plus it has the built in equalizer settings so you can tweak with that to set it as you want. I enjoy using the iPhone 5 headphones, provides great sound and crisp clear to my ears!

An overall 9. The click wheel is at times slow and when clicking on different things, it takes it a second to load the next item, but overall still pretty fast performance.

Battery Life
Oh my god don't even get me started on this, it's incredible! Still hasn't died once since I've had it, well actually maybe like twice when I watched a few movies on it before, but the only time it ever received a charge was when I was syncing music to it. The battery life is so long and I can go day to day listening to it and never worry about it dying. And the standby mode is insanely great. Hours on end just sitting around and when I want to use it, it still has a full charge!

The durability is great, not too heavy or too big, it fits just fine in my pocket and a good hand size, very portable.

The ease of use is so simple, you just scroll your finger either to the left or to the right to hover over the item you want and hit the play button or center button to play the item.

The design I love it, curved edges and sleek front. Nice reflecting chrome backing and the case which I have is from Belkin has kept that thing like it's new!

best ipod available

Comments about Apple iPod Classic 6th Generation MP3 Player:

This is by far my favorite of the ipods I have in the past or currently own. It has more than enough space for movies, music, and podcasts. It is easy to find the song or artist you want to listen to and holds up very well. It looks great and it is a perfect size to hold or slip into a pocket or bag. It doesn't freeze up the way my older ipod would do occasionally.

Sound Quality
Great sound as with most of the apple products.

works great with no lagging and no freezing and having to reset it like my older ipod. Easy to use.

Battery Life
I do wish it had a longer battery life while watching videos, however it does last as long or longer than any comparable product.

I use it daily and it has held up great. No freezing and needing to reset. Even dropped it once and it didn't seem to hurt it!

very easy to use, no problems loading music or videos and it is easy to find what you are looking for on the ipod.

perfect size for holding, slipping into your pocket or bag