Other Smartphones:

Apple iPhone (64GB)

• Gaming (3)
    • Simple enough (3)
    • Media:
    • Easy to download media (3)
    • Easy to use (3)

I finally realize what the hype has been about.

Smart phones are not new to me. I've owned an Android since they first launched on T-Mobile and went through several models from the G1 through to the Nexus Four, I even purchased Android phones for my entire family. I'd been happy with the various implementations of the platform but when T-Mobile finally announced they were finally getting the iPhone I knew I was ready for a change. Once I got past the initial pain of switching I'm finally ready to ditch my Android entirely (for now).

Fit and Finish: My wife had an HTC Amaze and I thought it was the most solid phone I'd ever used until I held the iPhone. After a few weeks of holding the iPhone, picking up the HTC Amaze feels like a big, clunky toy. The iPhone fits well in my hand and is very easy to use single-handedly. The HTC Amaze was big and forced me to use two hands for most interactions.

Reliability: I'd had problems with the camera crashing on Android in the middle of recording my children. This was extremely frustrating as the footage would be lost and the camera would be unusable until I rebooted the phone. The iPhone has been extremely reliable and I've been able to take and record hundreds of pictures and videos without incident and in very high-quality. The quick access to the camera via the log in screen is very useful as well. The camera on my Android devices typically had a very slow shutter causing blurry pictures. So far, after thousands of pics of my kids being kids, there's hardly a blur in the set.

UI: The Android is constantly changing it's UX, which can be frustrating as the changes are often quite dramatic. The iOS UI is fairly stable and fairly consistent with OS X. One thing I don't like on iOS is when an app launches another app (ex. Twitter.app launches Safari) navigating back to the original app is kind of clunky. There isn't the problem with "vendor trash" apps on iOS, unlike Android which often ships with paid-apps being non-removable, save for the Newstand.app which you cannot remove from the iOS "desktop". Android has a highly-customizable interface and you can change browsers and clients that handle different protocols, I haven't been able to figure out how to do this on iOS. Apple really, really wants you to use their applications.

Integration: If you are entirely on the Google platform then Android can't be beat, but not by much. For example, I find the Google Maps app on iOS to be prettier and easier to use than the Android version. If you have Apple TV or a OS X-based computer then the iPhone is unbelievable. The ability to push streams to Apple TV or your computer is the real killer feature of iPhone. I like to push music from Rhapsody.app to my computer while I'm tethered. Sometimes at home I push podcasts to my Apple TV, or games so I can play "Clash of Clans" in fullscreen on my LCD TV. The integration with iMovie, iPhoto and other OS X applications is something I've only dabbled in but there seems to be a great integration story there as well. iTunes has finally redeemed itself to me for managing my media and syncing it with my phone. I've not seen anything that even approaches this level of functionality for Android. There's even an app that will let me use the iPhone as a remote control for my Apple TV!

Applications: Overall the high standard of Apple is usually well represented in all the applications I've used so far. The games seem to have a high graphical experience. When using equivalent applications (1password, Google Maps, etc.) the iPhone version tends to be much smoother and more polished by a respectable margin.

Tethering: T-Mobile offers tethering which I've used with multiple Android phones and with the iPhone. The Android was often extremely unreliable. I've noticed that if you try to WIFI tether with the iPhone too close to the laptop the devices have trouble connecting but the USB and Bluetooth tethering have been nearly flawless on iPhone.

Overall, I think if you're not too worried about the integration with other Apple devices you could safely go either way. I will likely continue to adopt Apple products because of the experience I've had so far using my new iPhone. I wouldn't say that Google lost a customer from their Android line due to dissatisfaction with their products. More that Apple won a customer with their high quality and incredible user-experience.

Battery Life
I've been able to leave my device unplugged overnight and still have the alarm clock go off in the morning with plenty of charge left in the battery.

Display/Screen Quality
The Retina display is unparalleled on Android. My old Android devices look fuzzy in comparison. The slightly smaller display is well made up for by the quality of the image.

When an application launches a browser, for example, it can be a little clunky to get back to the original, launching application. It's much more consistent than the many variations of the Android interface.

So far I've seen several people with cracked screens but I've not had a serious drop for my iPhone yet.

After holding the iPhone 5 all my old Android devices feel like plastic children's toys.

Phone is great but new iOS is awful.

I have always been a fan of the iphone since they came out and have upgraded to each new model (on the middle models like 4s, but the 3, 4, 5, etc). When the 5 first came out, I loved it. I think the extra integration of the voice command and the LTE technology really allowed me to utilize the phone better and faster. The bigger screen with the better solution is great and the camera quality has improved. However, ever since the release of the 5s and 5c along with the new iOS7 system, the phone has taken a down-ward spiral. The OS just sucks. The new setup makes its even more confusing to navigate around the phone and I'm seeming to always pull up menu items that I'm not looking for. Every since the update, my phone tends to go crazy while I'm on the phone; anything from simply hanging up the call or putting itself on mute to dialing other people and even deleting apps. Additionally, the battery just drains. I use to be able to go all day without charging it (assuming I wasn't playing games all day and talking all day) but now just keeping the phone in stand-by had the battery run down in about 5 hours. I can have the battery fully charged and be on a call for 20 minutes and the battery is down to 75%. I have no clue what else is running in the background, but its killing the phone. The new iOS has completely set back the iphone to whee I'm seriously considering switching over to a galaxy.

Battery Life
It drains if you look at it.

Call Quality
For the most part its good, but seems to hang up and call other parties.

the new iOS has killed the ease of moving around on the phone

Description Yvonne phones

from Iraq / Salah al-Din

About Me Student

Pros

• Battery Life
  • Camera
  • Easy To Customize
  • Operating System
  • Screen
  • Web Browsing
  • WiFi

• Entertainment
    • Out-of-office Productivity
    • Social Networking
    • Texting

Comments about Apple iPhone (64GB):

IPhone phone Bashasth large and its sheer size enters your pocket easily without suffering, as it is very, very high. It is only one button Tdgueth to remove him lock and otherwise is controlled touch. IPhone phone touch through the hands only.Operating system named iPhone OS iPhone device operates a system which is based on the operating system in devices Almckintosh.Updating the operating system in the iPhone is through connected to a computer connected to the Internet and then run the free iTunes and clicking on the words update firmware program. When updating the operating system, the iTunes program to take back up of all the programs, and then offers you the option to retrieve it after the completion of the update.

• Phone Size:
    • Just Right
    • Phone Construction:
    • Feels Sturdy
    • Media:
    • Easy To Download Media, Easy To Use Media Player, External Media Controls, Fast Streaming Media, Games, Good Speaker Sound
    • Camera Features, Easy To Use, Editing Tools, Good Quality, Video Recording

Its CooL and interisting

from Maroc

About Me Gadget-phobic

Pros

• Easy To Customize

Cons

• Battery Life

Its eazy and simple I like it Iis Goood

• Easy To Download Media
    • Easy To Use

i phone rate

Pros

• App Availablity
    • Battery Life
    • Camera
    • Operating System
    • Screen
    • Web Browsing
    • WiFi

Cons

• Battery Life
    • Camera
    • Screen
    • Speaker Quality
    • Web Browsing

• Social Networking
    • Texting

Comments about Apple iPhone (64GB):

this phone depended on speed to operation system proceeding in fact iPhone is faster than any android device

• Phone Size:
    • Just Right
    • Phone Construction:
    • Feels Fragile, Feels Sturdy
    • Camera Features, Easy Sharing, Easy To Use, Editing Tools, Good Quality

Hello all owners of Apple gadgets!

Comments about Apple iPhone (64GB):

In fact, the design has not changed much. Those who say that it is the copy of Samsung and HTC I will advise you carefully to look at 4 and 5 - the design has remained almost unchanged.
    Tactile sensation is very pleasant.
    Assemblage, as always, is at height - body doesn't creaks and, contrary to rumors in the network, in normal use does not bend. Well, if you put in excess effort - you can break anything.

This phone is great.

Comments about Apple iPhone (64GB):

Overall, this phone is amazing, though it lacks one important quality-durability

Battery Life
    The battery life is okay, depending on if you know how to conserve it.

Display/Screen Quality
    The display and screen quality is amazing.

Call Quality
    The call quality is very enhanced as well.

Very simple and easy to use

Not the most durable phone, but that's easily resolved with a a case!

Flawless

Great product!

Comments about Apple iPhone (64GB):

Intuitive and sleek. I couldn't live without mine.

Battery Life
    At times, certain functions and apps will cause it to use battery faster than I would like. It's unfortunate that I even have to even be aware of the battery life. It seems like other phones can last much longer.

Display/Screen Quality
    Crisp and clear. Very nice for videos and photos.

Call Quality
    Calls come in clear. The phone functionality works great.

The operating system is amazingly simple. Children can figure it out without any instruction.

Screen can crack, but you can mitigate much of the risk by putting it in a case.

Great looking phone. Fits comfortably in pocket.

OBSESSED

Comments about Apple iPhone (64GB):

It's so fast and slick, and sexy. It would definitely be a dime if Apple would make the phone just a little less fragile. Just holding it without a protective case can make you feel like such a daredevil. The display is vibrant and it's so easy and convenient with everything just one click away. The software is very advanced and stylish. Definitely than any other phone or android on the market right now. I would say it trumps the Samsung Galaxy any day. It's also so light and fits perfectly in the palm of your hand.

Highly recommended

Comments about Apple iPhone (64GB):

amazing battery life. brightly colored screen. easy to use. easy to adapt.

Battery Life
    for my personal use the battery lasted all day and didn't start dying until i was already home at night to plug it in.

bright colors, very vivid

Call Quality
    the call quality really depends on the service provider not the phone

its not made to be beat on.

Revolutionize the phone industry

Comments about Apple iPhone (64GB):

The IPhone 4S is one of the best phones out only behind the IPhone 5! One of the prime features on the IPhone is Siri, a AI like feature that lets you talk about, or ask anything. I spent the whole first week playing with Siri. The phone is very responsive and works very well. The size is great, not to small but not to big.

Battery Life
    Will die at the end of the day like any other smartphone. And you can extend the battery life by dimming the screen and closing the apps, i did not know this for the longest time and i kept complaining that it kept dieing.

Display/Screen Quality
    The display is very clear and it takes very vivid a bright photos.

Call Quality
    This all depends on your service provider.

IOS is the best, it's very simple, and easy to get adjusted to.

I dropped it off a small coffee table maybe 2-3 feet off the ground and it completely shattered the screen. When people asked, i just said "It's Spider man edition"

One of the very best designs for a phone out there. Whenever I use Reddit the phone is not so bis that if I try to like a post or go back that my thumb gets sore.

So cool! Super excite!

Comments about Apple iPhone (64GB):

The iPhone 5 is a new and innovative phone. The black version is supposedly rare because of the metal showing wear and tear on it. I have had mine for several months and it hasn't acquired any scratches. I've kept it in a case and used a screen protector. As a result this is a sturdy phone. I have dropped it and it hasn't broken or anything. No scuffs, no scratches, nothing. If you take good care of it the phone will work. It's a fast phone and it has great graphics. The camera is good for taking pics and Instagramming stuff. iOS7 in particular is stunning with itsbrightly colored flat design. Real amazing interface. If you're familiar with Apple products it's very easy to use. It's durable and should work just fine for you. It's very compatible with headphones and other accessories too. Very good. Also has a great wallpaper feature that will showcase your pics nicely. Recommend this phone if you have had no luck with Androids.