But, there's a newer version

See latest version

Other Smartphones:
Apple OS Smartphones
Apple
3GS 16GB
Apple iPhone (16GB)

Apple iPhone (16GB)

Pros

• Attractive (6)
  • Good interface w/email (6)
  • Long battery life (6)
  • Big buttons (5)
  • Brilliant display (5)

• Web browsing (7)

• Call Quality:
    • Quality connection (7)
    • Fast (7)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Student (6), Business professional (4)
    • I received a sample (22), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (4)

The perfect tool for scatterbrains!

I'll try to say things about the**iPhone 3GS** from a less-than-travelled perspective.  I'm a scatterbrained person with ADD tendencies.  For that reason alone, I love my **iPhone**. I'm the type of person who multi-tasks all the time. I hop from one thing to another based on what crosses my mind, path, or eyesight.  It's good because I'm often detail-oriented and more observant than most.  Not good that i have a hard time concentrating and following through at times.

With my **iPhone **I'm no longer scrounging around for a scrap sheet of paper, the back of a receipt, or spare napkins to jot down my random thoughts.  I can type it right into my to do list or record a voice memo.  I can even email the memo to myself.

My **iPhone** has also made waiting bearable.  Instead of feeling like I'm wasting my time waiting on something or someone, I can check and/or respond to an email, browse my to do list, or play a game.

*A word of caution*:  Pay attention when walking with your **iPhone**.  My first day having it, I walked all the way to my car.  I was surprised at first, because I don't usually find my car that easily. Then, panic set in as I realized I had just crossed a street and most of the parking lot without looking up once.

The **iPhone** apps are particularly useful for me because I can swap them out or try new ones as opposed to being limited to preset software.

For those who, like me, are in their own little world much of the time, the **iPhone 3GS** is your friend and there's an app for that.

IPhone 3G 16 GB - OK but not great

Let me start out by saying that I am neither a fanboy nor a hater.  I have the IPhone, as well as a Macbook.  I also have a couple of WIndows computers and an Android device.  So I'm not going to exacerbate the good or bad.  That being said, I have to say that overall, although it is a good device, I have been overall disappointed with the iPhone.

The iPhone does do several things very well.  The Safari browser does a good job with webpages for a mobile device.  They do load slow, but that is more an issue with ATT than the phone.  The included Google map software is also great, and if you happen to love the iPod, you'll be pleased with the mp3 player.  And, of course, the software selection is very good.  Although now somewhat dated, the touchscreen also works very well.  I wondered if I would be able to type on it with any accuracy, having been accustomed to a physical keyboard, but it was not a major problem, and took very little getting used to.  The device itself is also sleek and slim, with a very clean look and feel.

Now, for the not so good.  The GPS.  It is adequate for driving, but that's about it.  I am a runner and have tried to use the iPhone to track my workouts, but it is highly inaccurate as compared with a wrist GPS device that I have.  It easily loses contact just when running in a suburban area with sporadic tree cover.  I wouldn't rely on it for tracking shorter distances.

As for the bad, that would be the proprietary nature of the device.  The app store can be restrictive regarding applications available, and has a rejection policy that no one has yet been able to figure out.  It is also the only way to load apps onto the phone (without jailbreaking).  Considering the cost of the device, I think I should be able to run any app on it I want.

Another bad is the single-task nature of the phone.  This is addressed with the 4, but the 3G, even though it will run the new OS is still limited to a single program running.  The last computing device I had with that limitation was running DOS.

The final bad, is that you cannot replace the battery yourself.  At least not without special tools and voiding your warranty.  So forget about keeping a spare, which is what I often did with my old Blackberry when traveling, let alone replacing it as it ceases to hold a good charge over time.  This is Apple at their proprietary worst.

These days, there are fortunately a lot of devices and operating systems to choose from.  I would suggest trying Android, or perhaps the new Win OS after the next update, just to be sure some of the major bugs get shaken out.

good cell phone

from morocco

About Me Business Professional, Student

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Good Interface w/email
  • Great Battery Life

Cons

• Difficult Navigation

Comments about Apple iPhone (16GB):

I invite all the people to buy this phone

apple iphone (16GB) Wonderful smart phone

from algeria khenchela

About Me Business Professional

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Brilliant Display
  • Easy Navigation
  • Good Interface w/email
  • Great Battery Life
  • Great OS
  • QWERTY Keypad

Cons

• Small Buttons

Comments about Apple iPhone (16GB):

From my point of view I loved so much phone Apple iPhone (16GB) phone is more remarkable as I liked very much in terms of design and the big screen, where first attracted me from what I saw it attractive limit is too big.
And do not forget a bilateral him in terms of size it can accommodate both places and lightweight, and well liked in terms of ease of use in apple iPhone and it is easy to use in terms of applications, as well as a Wi-Fi High uninterrupted frequency and Bluetooth stable.
Yes, it's the ratio desired phone me as a junior and Mtmadrsh has advised me a lot in my studies, where his Makrt strong and large has carried him a lot of dictionaries instead of lifting loads.
And also advised me in terms of GPS Safari is a wonderful guide
As for the bad, that would be the proprietary nature of the device. The app store can be restrictive regarding applications available, and has a rejection policy that no one has yet been able to figure out. It is also the only way to load apps onto the phone (without jailbreaking). Considering the cost of the device, I think I should be able to run any app on it I want.
I loved this phone a lot and I hope that you like and you also are buying like him.

• Large

nice

from morocco

About Me Student

Pros

Cons

• Dull Display
    • Poor Interface w/email

nice produt

Excellent

from st. pantaleon erla

About Me Practical, Student

Pros

• Attractive Design
    • Big Buttons
    • Brilliant Display
    • Easy Navigation
    • Good Interface w/email
    • Great Battery Life
    • QWERTY Keypad

Cons

• Small Buttons

Comments about Apple iPhone (16GB):

Phone is excellent and deserves recognition

• Fair
    • Fast

i realy like this amazing product

from algeria

About Me Student

Pros

• Attractive Design
    • Big Buttons
    • Brilliant Display
    • Easy Navigation
    • Good Interface w/email
    • Great Battery Life

Comments about Apple iPhone (16GB):

its an amazing product and evry things are awsome

• Fast

i would bye this produt again and againc

from Asilah, Morocco

About Me Business Professional, Student

Pros

• Attractive Design
      • Big Buttons
      • Brilliant Display
      • Easy Navigation
      • Good Interface w/email
      • Great Battery Life

Comments about Apple iPhone (16GB):

i use it for my study is so great and good

yes for sure

from Morocco Rabat Sale

About Me Business Professional, Gearhead, Parent, Practical, Student

Pros

• Attractive Design
        • Big Buttons
        • Brilliant Display
        • Easy Navigation
        • Good Interface w/email
        • Great Battery Life

it's amazing phone Thanks So Much

love it

from maroc

Pros

• Big Buttons

Cons

• Poor OS

Phone gorgeous and light

• Average
          • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

I'm glad it's discontinued.

Comments about Apple iPhone (16GB):

I owned this phone for a short period of time. I seriously disliked it. It was extremely slow and very bulky. The camera quality was terrible. It took forever to send and receive text messages. The facebook app almost never worked and I couldn't upload pictures when it did work. When I tried using the internet I would get gray and white boxes across the entire screen. I liked the fact I could find phone cases for it though.

Battery Life
          The only reason the battery would last so long is because apps never worked.

Display/Screen Quality
          It was very bright and easy to use. I liked the screen and the way you could set up folders for apps.

Call Quality
          It was iffy in alot of areas.

Hard to understand at first but easy to use after understanding. The buttons were easy to touch too, they weren't too small.

Took a few falls and worked okay after and didn't crack. But it got scratched when I would have to put the case back on.

Bulky, uncomfortable to hold.

• Battery Life:
          • Display/Screen Quality:
          • Call Quality:

Good original phone by Apple if you're looking for cheap.

Comments about Apple iPhone (16GB):

It's an old phone of course. Not many people have the use for it anymore, everyone wants the front-facing camera, the app avalibility, and the other features that the later versions of the Iphone have. I suggest if you're looking for a cheap Iphone and you're not very tech savy, this is the one for you. Plenty of these are going on sale online and you could snag one up for cheap and get in the know on what Apple has to offer for phone consumers.

Of course being an early model, it doesn't have as many bells and whistles, but it's pretty good for being older and low in cost.

Voice Quality
          Great Quality.

Battery Life
          Battery Life tended to fall with the newer versions of the Iphone. This Iphone keeps going and going.

I've dropped my Iphone several times with nothing to show for it. If you drop an Iphone 5 on a pillow in a padded room, you can be sure it's going to be cracked, and the buttons won't respond anymore.

Easy to use even for those who aren't very good with technology.

Pretty and original.