View more tablets

MC497B/A
Apple iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G

Apple iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G

• App Availability:

I was skeptical but the iPad 3G has won me over!

I own both the iPad wifi and the iPad 3G.  At first I thought it would just be a fun toy but I would probably not use it very much.  Now that I have had it for a few months, I have really come around and would have to say it is near indispensable.

The biggest surprise is how much I use it for e-mail and calendering.  Rather than take out my laptop at night I find myself turning to the iPad. It is just much more comfortable, turns on and off easier and I like being able to swipe my way through the e-mails.

We also took my laptop, kindle, DVD player and iPad on a 10 day trip to Europe with my three kids.  I was amazed at how much we all used the iPad and barely used the other devices.   In the future I will only bring the iPad which is really amazing for me to be able to travel that light.

I will have to also say that Netflix on the iPad is really amazing.  I have watched 40+ episodes of Prison Break and nearly prefer the experiene to a larger TV.

I have also recently installed the Kindle App and have 20+ books on the iPad and actually prefer the iPad to the Kindle DX.

Our company also just switched from an Exchange e-mail server to the Google Apps service and I will have to say, it works beautifully on the iPhone and iPad.

Reading Slate and Wired on the iPad also makes you realize how really DEAD printed magazines will be in a few years.

My kids have all kinds of games installed but I am not a gamer, so not much insight there other than they seem to really enjoy them.  The MLB at Bat App is really good.   Now if the Cubs would just play well enough to justify watching them....

So, count me as a converted skeptic to now an adoring fan of the iPad.

not as much expected for the hype

for the hype that was created for this ipad, I was waiting that it would rock same as iphone. For for my disappointment it didnt. no, it isn't a portable computer replacement. If you expect it to be, you'll only be disappointed. Nor is it just an oversized PDA despite claims to the contrary. Instead, it's a robust adjunct to your main computer. It allows me to take most of my web browsing, game playing, email reading, etc. away from my desk. In large part, whether the iPad suits your needs will depend on whether you can find apps for it that suit your needs. So far there's a wide array of apps, so I haven't found this to be much of a problem--but again, it'll depend on your needs. It's true that there are some things you just can't do on an iPad, like view Flash content on websites. I do find this occasionally annoying, but honestly, I just hope it convinces more websites to stop using so much Flash content. I've always found that it bogs down my machine and causes more problems than it fixes. In contrast, I've found that the apps on my iPad load and run super-fast. They're streamlined to have a small footprint, and it shows. They load so fast that load screen tips in games often flash past before I can read them. They also take up a surprisingly small amount of memory; I'm amazed at how slowly I'm using up my 16G. The on-screen keyboard is actually pretty good, and suits normal finger size much better than that on the tinier iPhone screen, but it still isn't meant for extended typing. I'm also addicted to the touch-screen interface. It feels so natural that I find myself trying to use my laptop as though it had one. I'm truly amazed by the screen quality, the speed of everything, the variety of apps available, and the utility of the iPad as an e-reader. I can use it near-constantly for heavy-use things like gameplay and the charge lasts me a good 24 hours.

I love tablets i wish that my dad buy me one

from ca

About Me Social Networker, Technically Challenged

Pros

• App Availablity
  • Battery Life
  • Easy To Customize
  • Operating System
  • Screen
  • Web Browsing
  • WiFi

• Camera
    • Games
    • Social Networking
    • Web Browsing

Comments about Apple iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G:

this product is easy to use and serviable

• Tablet Size:
    • Just Right
    • Tablet Construction:
    • Feels Sturdy
    • Usability:
    • Simple Enough
    • Media:
    • Easy To Download Media, Easy To Use Media Player, External Media Controls, Fast Streaming Media, Games, Good Speaker Sound

amazing tablet ipad

from lazaoui boubker

About Me Student

Pros

• App Availablity
    • WiFi

Cons

• Speaker Quality

• Social Networking

Comments about Apple iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G:

The products has many great features and is easy to use but, there are some things I think could be improved. The speed of the network is slow. Also, the fact that it's a little complicated to setup.

Battery Life
    It depends on how much you use the iPad and what apps you have. Some with use your battery up so quick you won't realize it. Some actually preserve you battery like. I have the cool one called "Battery Saver". It has increased my battery life to twice as much as it was before. Great app!

Processing Speed
    I love the processing speed. I thinks it's super fast for a tablet computer.

Weight
    It's not that heavy, unless you put a case on it. Then it becomes bulky and almost a nuisance. But, the iPad itself is sleek and slim.

App Availability
    The App Store gets all the apps before any of the other stores.

I like the sleek design, it makes it easier to fit any where.

The product's durability is great! I've had mine for years and it still works fine.

• Tablet Size:
    • Just Right
    • Tablet Construction:
    • Feels Sturdy
    • Usability:
    • Intuitive
    • Media:
    • Games
    • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

It's alright

Comments about Apple iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G:

First of all the i am an avid fan of apple and all of their products but the IPad is much better on paper than what it really is. The IPad is just an extremely large IPod, worse than a IPhone yet more expensive. The battery is extremely short and dies in about an hour of use. Then the screen will crack very easily like mine did and was way to much to repair so i just left it with a crack screen, that is not all, the home screen button stopped working properly and now only works about less than half the time i press it.

Battery Life
    Probably the worst battery out of any smartphone, tablet and MP3 player combined.

Weight
    The weight and size makes the IPad uncomfortable to hold and my are and wrist gets sore after a short while of holding.

App Availability
    This is one thing the IPad has going for it only because Apple has a great app store.

The shape of the IPad is not great, the IPad is a little to big.

The screen is to big and will crack like mine, and my home button. I almost forgot my lock screen button also almost entirely stopped working and requires repetitive pressing just to lock it.

• App Availability:

This tablet is amazing and has so many features.

Processing Speed
    I love the processing speed. I thinks it's super fast for a tablet computer.

App Availability
    The App Store gets all the apps before any of the other stores.

I like the sleek design, it makes it easier to fit any where.

Slows Down After A While

Comments about Apple iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G:

I have had my iPad for a couple of years now and love it. It still works great, but has slowed down a bit over the last 6 months. I have also noticed it crashing much more frequently lately when trying to watch videos on youtube. I purchased a newer version, but will likely keep this one for my toddler to play with.

Seems pretty heavy.

Love it - this is truly the Apple product to get.

from Leicester, MA

Comments about Apple iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G:

This was my first real introduction to an Apple product. I have also since gotten an iMac, and will hopefully soon get an iPhone.

This product is just the right size for a tablet. It's big enough to actually be able to read your email - trying to read your email on your phone is pretty annoying. I'm convinced that's why people email in textspeak, which drives me nuts. The iPad is a great choice for being able to read email - it also is large enough to be able to see attachments and interact with them. You're not squinting to see them on a tiny screen.

I have found many use for this around the house - pull up a recipe app and bring it in the kitchen instead of printing a recipe. Whiny toddler on a shopping trip? Hand it to them and let them play a few games. I use it at night before bed to read books and listen to podcasts. I can even plug it into my car stereo.

It definitely needs a case - I think Apple oversells the accessories for their products, but this is one thing you do need.

It has a great battery life.

I plan on upgrading to the iPad 3.

Ipad 3 lives up to Apples standards

from Andover, MN

Comments about Apple iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G:

We have been using an Ipad 3 for a few months now and can hardly keep the thing charged because it is used so much. I am impressed with how many useful apps are available and most of them have a free version to try. It is also very handy for traveling and we even use the video function for taping some of our kids sporting events.

Apple ipad first generation is durable and lasts

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about Apple iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G:

I still have my Ipad first generation 32 gig with 3g and it is in perfect condition. Being that I also have the Ipad 3 wifi only 32 gig, I'll say it is definitely not as fast as the newer Ipad models, but it is still adequate and loads faster than my home computer at times. There is the problem of no flash content, but still so cool, versatile and fast enough. Many apps available, although the nbewest Apple software version, 6.0.1 isnot available with this older model. (for example no Siri, the safari pages can look a bit different ), Can't take pictures with it, but you can take pictures with a digital camera and upload them to this Ipad model via a special connector device (camera connection kit). This will give you more to carry than the newer versions but, what the heck. It's still great.
    The 3g isn't the fastest but sometimes my portable 4g hotspot is just as slow. You can connect to faster wifi points with it. clear diplay, though not as high definition as my Ipad3, but still very good image quality. I still love and use it and it works fine after all these years. Is it about 5 years? Not sure anymore.Time flies.

Great for beginner internet users. Love the ability to turn the images, pages vertically or horizontally to your preference.

Battery Life
    With all the recharges I've done my battery life is still adequate. I don't charge every day.

Support & Service
    You really need Apple Care plan t get the best support. Although you can always bring it in to an apple store for questions, though that's a bit inconvenient for some.

Speed/Performance
    Not as fast as Ipad 3 but fast enough for a happy user.

Apple Ipad is great, cannot compete with other brands

Has survived with me unscathed over several long years.

User friendly and portable!

from Appleton, WI

Comments about Apple iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G:

I've owned the iPad with Wi-Fi+3G since it first came out and I'm still extremely happy with my purchase. I don't own a PC or MAC at home so this is my primary way to go online, browse the web, visit social networks, and order items. It's user friendly that even my 3 yr granddaughter can figure it out!

Excellent!

Processing Speed
    Not a problem with speed at all.

Lightweight yet durable.

App Availability
    I have downloaded several game apps plus the Kindle app and have about a 100 books downloaded!

Meets my needs for design.

My 3 yr old granddaughter plays with it quite a bit and unfortunately has banged it around more than I'd prefer, but there hasn't been any damage because of her handling it. Very durable in construction - I do have a case on it as well.

Crazy about my IPAD

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about Apple iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G:

The IPad is great for most all of your computer needs and it is so portable. It is quick and easy to look things up, so it acts as a learning device for anyone who has one.

Battery Life
    The battery seems to last for several weeks, so it is very convenient to use it while traveling or at the coffee shop without having to be tethered to a cord while competing for the few plugs available.

Processing Speed
    The speed is quicker than I was expecting, so that was a pleasant surprise.

Weight
    It is so much lighter than carrying a laptop traveling for just to the coffee house. I am finding that many airports do not require you remove it from your carry on bags any more, which is a nice change.

App Availability
    There are so many apps available that it is fun to browse new ones every so often to make sure I am not missing out on fun and interesting apps. I do not have an IPhone so I notice that some apps cannot be loaded to my phone, but are always available for the IPad.

I really like the design overall. I also like all the accessories available such as a keyboard and folding covers.

At this time I do not have any complaints about the durability. Luckily I have not had a chance to test it out!