View more tablets

Apple iPad 2 with Wi-Fi + 3G

Pros

Cons

• App Availability:

Apple iPad 2 has no comparison!

Forget the other tablets!!! As an IT professional and PC guy, I have always tried to keep my distance from Apple/MAC products. However when it comes to Touchpads, Apple is the...Read complete review

Forget the other tablets!!! As an IT professional and PC guy, I have always tried to keep my distance from Apple/MAC products. However when it comes to Touchpads, Apple is the way to go.

I have messed around with several Android Tablets and the following factors failed to meet the iPad 2 level:

Touch Sensitivity
Stability in the OS
Apps/Games Graphics and Functionality

The Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tablet was the best Android Tablet I have messed with, and even it does not have that "WOW FACTOR" that the iPad 2 does.

Battery Life
Battery Life for a screen so large is amazing. I come home from work to a fully charged iPad 2 and use it through the night until I sleep and never have to plug it in. Even with watching NetFlix, playing Angry Birds, whatever the case may be. The battery life on the iPad 2 is unmatched for similar screen-size Tablets.

Processing Speed
With a dual-core A5 1GHZ processor, it is literally twice as fast as the iPad 1. I can stream NetFlix with absolutely no lag, play graphic intensive games such as Real Racing HD and Asphalt Series Racing and have NO video chop.

Weight
The iPad 2 is just 8.8mm thick and only 601grams.. So while it weighs an astonishing 2 grams more than the Samsung Galaxy 10.1, it is thinner than the Samsung Galaxy by 1.1mm!

All in all it is comfortable to hold for long periods of time (such as reading internet blogs, or playing games). If weight is a factor for you, you can always get the Apple iPad 2 case which has a kickstand built in for watching movies.

App Availability
The Apple App Market is by far the most extensive market out there. Android might be catching up with "number of apps", but the apps that are coming out for it are more or less garbage apps. How many "wallpaper" apps do you need that have 5-10 different pictures that anyone can find on google image search?

Total downloads is still in favor of the Apple Store with a current whopping 75%. So out of every app store across Apple/Android/HP/Amazon-Android, 75% of those purchases are on Apples App Store.

I will take Quality over Quantity any day.

KISS comes to mind (Keep it Stupidly Simple). And that is what Apple did with the iPad 2. There aren't a dozen buttons on the device, they let the touch screen do the talking in a sense. Less is more when you think about how many tablets have buttons up and down the device and you have to remember what does what. Or you are enjoying a movie or playing an app and you hit a key by accident which ultimately leads to frustration.

Not that I want to test how high my iPad 2 can fall before it's busted. But I will say I have dropped it several times from at least 3 feet off the ground (using the Apple Case), and it is fine. No marks/scuffs/scratches whatsoever. Not to say that it couldn't hit that perfect (or not so perfect) angle and shatter into a million pieces... But that is what Apple Care+ is for...

Apple Ipad 2 black

I recently ordered and received the ipad2 from the apple store. It is way thinner than the ipad one for sure as promised and has teh extra feature of camera on the ipad...Read complete review

I recently ordered and received the ipad2 from the apple store. It is way thinner than the ipad one for sure as promised and has teh extra feature of camera on the ipad 2.

1) The thinner version is very sleek and light I love it.

2) I am not a big fan of the in-built camera. The photos I took using the ipad2 is as bad as teh picture you would end up clicking using iphone3G . It is very grainy and not clear.

3) Love the screen resolution it is awesome. The photos I took using my 10 megapixel camera look like professional photos when I view them on my ipad. The zooming feature makes it more wonderful I was truly impressed by it.

4) Teh other features are almost same as ipad 1. The apps and stuff. I do not own a data plan for the ipad so cannot comment much on that part

Perfect for academic and personal use

Comments about Apple iPad 2 with Wi-Fi + 3G:

I received my iPad as a college graduation gift before heading to graduate school. The functions available - such as easy access to Google Drive and the simple-to-use iBooks app for PDF reading - makes it perfect for bringing to class and also for my personal use as a writer.

Battery Life
I don't use it very much for videos, mainly for reading and for browsing Facebook, and I like the brightness set low - I can get days out of a single charge sometimes.

Weight
Not too heavy, so it's easy to tuck into my bag for class.

App Availability
The App Store has plenty of good apps available - while I focus on the Google suite of apps, such as Gmail and Drive, I also love how easy it is to use iBooks when opening PDFs I've emailed to myself, and the selection of magazines on Newsstand is great, too.

I've had my iPad over a year and have had no issues - though since I've only dropped it once and only about 6 inches away from thick carpet, there's not much I can say on durability.

• App Availability:

It's an overpriced toy, but I love it

Comments about Apple iPad 2 with Wi-Fi + 3G:

I love my iPad as an ereader, something to play games on, an iPod, and to browse the Internet. However, the inability to veiw sites that use flash is annoying. I do like having my music and books with me anywhere I go. But I don't like having to download aps every time I find a game to play. I would prefer being able to play games on flash related sites.

Battery Life
The battery ho,ds up almost all day if I'm using it a lot. However, that is if I'm not watching too many videos.

Processing Speed
The processor moves fast. And sites usually load quickly unless a program in gettin read to lock up.

Weight
It's a little heavy and big o carry in my pocketbook. But it's not as heavy as a mini laptop would be.

App Availability
I have found lots of free aps to play games and access some of my online accounts with. Most apps can be downloaded free, which is nice.

I like the design, but I wish it came with a cover to protect the screen a little better.

It has withstood being dropped many times.

Awesome Apple product

from Langhorne, PA

Comments about Apple iPad 2 with Wi-Fi + 3G:

The Ipad we use in my house is actually my husband's work ipad, but we use it all the time. It is so easy to use, even our 23 month old can use it with ease. It has actually made me very spoiled and I might have to get one just for myself! We use ours connected to our wi-fi but it does have 3G capability which we use when we are in the car. It can run a little slow sometimes, but it probably has updates my husband has not done. There are also some apps that I can't download because it is not mine.

My mom has finally joined the age of the internet (thanks Ipad!)

from Round Rock, TX

Comments about Apple iPad 2 with Wi-Fi + 3G:

I bought the Ipad 2 about a year ago and have basically been neglecting my laptop. I rarely use my laptop now, because it's so big and bulky compare to the Ipad 2. I primarily use the Ipad to browse the internet, skype, youtube videos, watch movies and follow recipes off the internet. The Ipad like all apple products are pricey, but I do enjoy using it, but I can't say it changed my life. Now I know it changed my moms life because to her using a laptop was hard, but she has a much easier time using the ipad and has finally joined the internet age.

Great device, perfect for your traveling needs.

Comments about Apple iPad 2 with Wi-Fi + 3G:

Even though this tablet is now a little out-dated, it still functions well in my everyday use.

The screen quality is superior to any other tablet, and I love being able to use the same apps from my iPhone on the bigger screen to edit photos, read books, and play games - some that need the bigger screen to be easier on the eyes.

My next purchase will probably be another iPad, since I've already invested money in the apps, and they seem to be quality products. I only wish the camera on this device was a little better and the apps did not lose support after around two or so new upgrades come out (as they become obsolete) but it's the developers fault, not Apple's.

• App Availability:

This iPad replaced my laptop!

from Camp Lejeune, NC

Comments about Apple iPad 2 with Wi-Fi + 3G:

Seriously- I no longer use my laptop now. I can do just about anything from my iPad- from checking email to reading books. Even putting together documents and power points! I don't go anywhere without it!

Battery Life
I literally use my iPad all day, every day. Whether its checking email, reading a book or surfing the net or writing a short story- this iPad is put to use constantly. Usually I only have to charge it over night and its good all the next day. Though if I am surfing the net more frequently one day then I notice the battery losing charge faster. On the rare occasion that it gets to rest a single charge can last quite a long time.

Processing Speed
In the iPad 2 it's not the best speed of all that is out there now. It works fine for me, but if you require super fast speed all the time then I'd check out the newer versions with the upgraded chips.

Weight
It's quite light weight- though can feel like quite a bit more after putting on cases and whatnot. It also tends to feel heavier after holding onto it all day as well- but it's really now. It can be awkward to hold for long periods of time though.

App Availability
If you can't find the app you want in the Apple App Store then you probably don't really need it!

It's not bad. It's an Apple product- it's sleek and pretty!

I've had this baby for a year now and as said before- its used all day, just about every day. I do keep it in a portfolio style flip case and with a screen protector- but no issues whatsoever with durability so far!

Great on the go Internet

from Petal, MS

Comments about Apple iPad 2 with Wi-Fi + 3G:

I love my iPad II except for one thing...you can't have flash on it so I can't play many of my games on Facebook which was the primary reason for buying it but it does travel well I also purchased a cover for it that makes it very durable

Best Tablet, Hands down!

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about Apple iPad 2 with Wi-Fi + 3G:

Out of all the tablets on the market, the Ipad2 is the best I have ever used. I highly recomnend this fine technoligical marvel. I use this device for everything. Bye, bye desktop and laptop, there's a new sherriff in town, the Ipad2!

• App Availability:

Apple iPad2 has everything I need, right at my fingertips!

from Paramount, CA

Comments about Apple iPad 2 with Wi-Fi + 3G:

I love my Apple iPad2! It has all of the apps I need to be efficient in my daily life. It has apps for work, home, and play! It takes wonderful pictures, and records awesome, clear videos. I can even rotate the camera to look at myself while recording or taking pics of myself! The speed on it is really fast too! I surf the internet at high speeds. It has a lot of memory so I can download plenty of apps, music, and pictures. The battery lasts for a long time, so I don't have to worry about always being near my charger. It's even kid friendly! I let my 7yr old daughter use it daily, because it has some amazing apps for kids. She's a Special Needs child, and there are some great apps that I've downloaded for her. They keep her engaged, focused, and help her with different subjects. I'm so happy these apps exist! I would love for them to lower the price on the iPad2, so that I can afford to buy her one for herself. When she's around, I have to beg to use my own iPad!

Tread product, but no Adobe. Great loss.

from Clinton Township, MI

Comments about Apple iPad 2 with Wi-Fi + 3G:

Apple did a great job, but it does not have Abobe which is a huge mistake.

Battery Life
Great product as long as you don't need flash.

Processing Speed
The speed is super fast.

Weight
The weight of the iPad is a great size, not to heavy.

App Availability
Love the apps, there are tons, but always read the reviews before buying.

I really love the design.

Durability is great as well.