View more desktops

MC511LL/A
Apple iMac 27 in. Mac Desktop

Apple iMac 27 in. Mac Desktop

The iMac 27 in by Apple is the Center of my World

I am a bit of an Apple Fan. That doesn't change my views on other products outside of Apple's catalogue I just normally pick the products they have to offer. When buying a reliable desktop I was used to being a PC person. I converted fully to Mac two generations before this iMac. I purchased this iMac in addition to my old iMac 24 in and they are both sitting at my desk write now. In fact I am writing this review on the 27 in iMac right now.

The 27 inch screen consumes everything around it and forces you to focus on it, which is a good thing. I watch less TV and Movies on my TV and more on this beast of a screen. The graphics are incredible for games and movies it just looks and feels right.

The hardware itself is the "purdiest" of all the desktop systems I have ever come across. Brushed aluminum and glass. It just looks shiny and Apple like. I use the wireless keyboard and the Magic Pad instead of a mouse however I also have a Magic Mouse which also works wonders. Silver and Black looks so nice in the clean workstation. Apple gives you a product that actually looks like their ads and that is rare.

The Mac OSX Operating System is so easy to use for all ages. The big icons on the dock, the simplistic yet advanced applications like the iLife suite iPhoto and iMovie are amazing and accessible by the newest user.

I have the Core i7 processor 2.8GhZ  with a 2TB hard drive, I customized this on Apple's online store.

The thing is fast. It isn't as fast as something with a SSD Drive but you can put one of those in. I also selected 8GB of RAM which helps.

Apple really does a terrific job with their computers and all of their products, if you are new to a Mac I suggest going to an Apple Store or checking out a friends. Or do what I did and just dive right in blind after watching a Steve Jobs presentation.

Is it really worth it?

I really enjoy using this computer and exploring the features it has to offer, but I sometimes have to question is it really worth it? Considering it's power and capabilities, there aren't many other computers out there that can provide the type of performance that it does. It was easy for me to learn how to use, and wiith so many features that is unusual. And I must also add that it is one of the most visually pleasant computers to look at in todays industry. I love the color white on a desktop computer, and people who see it love it too. I do get a lot of compliments on it from people who see it. I would recommend this computer to friends who have the money and are willing to pay for it, but at the end of the day I know that a lot of them aren't. I have looked and found other computer on the market for a little bit cheaper that can do just as much or better things than this computer. People who are interested in music will wit out a doubt love this computer. The only thing holding it back is the huge price tag on it.

A gorgeous computer that is easy to use with great features.

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Apple iMac 27 in. Mac Desktop:

I love my iMac. It's display is awesome. As a designer, it's great to have lots of space to move things around. My biggest problem with the display is that I don't usually consider how the website I'm putting together will look on a smaller monitor! That's when I get out my MacBook Pro to check it out. You really realize just how huge the screen is right about then!

Support & Service
Apple is always very helpful. I STRONGLY suggest getting Apple Care. It's so much cheaper on a Desktop than Laptop too. If you're going to spend this much money, invest a little extra in some protection.

Sometimes my computer slows down, which is understandable when I'm running 4 Adobe design programs at once, but my iMac could barely handle it at first. I bought some extra RAM and it was super easy to install, and it's working quicker now. If you want extra RAM, I recommend buying it online and then watching a tutorial about how to install it on YouTube. It's a lot cheaper than paying to get it installed!

As for the mouse... I love the Magic Mouse's features and functionality, but the batter life is AWFUL!!! I usually have to change my batteries every two weeks or so. Eventually I bought rechargeable batteries which I recommend from the get go.

• Hardware Quality:
  • Support & Service:

I LOVE my iMac!!!

from DPO, AE

Comments about Apple iMac 27 in. Mac Desktop:

I love my iMac!! I been a PC user for ever and since my husband bought the iMac 27in. (MC511LL/A) for me I can tell you I have no intention to go back to PC's anymore. The design is beautiful, I love the wireless keyboard and mouse and how easy is to setup everything.
The internet connection is extremely easy to setup, love it!, since I am not that smart with computers. The only thing is that I wish there was a tutorial to learn faster to use iMac since it is kind of different from a PC. Also customer service are very helpful and they answer all your questions.
If you change your old computer and decide for the iMac 27in (MC511LL/A) you will never regret it, this computer is the best.

• Hardware Quality:
  • Support & Service:

Amazing iMac machine for the home

from San Jose, CA

Comments about Apple iMac 27 in. Mac Desktop:

If you are in for spending some money on some great high performance computer you are at the right place.  I have had lots of experience with both PC and Macs and with this new monitor and all Intel chipsets I have to say that this machine has an amazing performance.  Well, of course a bit pricy but if you can afford it you wont be disappointment for a long time. This machine really worth what you pay for.  Amazing image processing with a  great graphics card.  Very fast and clear.  Gaming is even easier than before with this  great system.  Some really big downsides of this machine is that its even more impossible to make changes to the hardware that comes with this machine.  I had a macbook that I had to change memory for, that was already hard enough and with the new designs you should just think of giving the machine to reps to upgrade it for you.  After all, it doesn’t cost much though to do an upgrade.  The machine itself worth way more.

I am now officially a Mac Addict

from Ringgold, GA

Comments about Apple iMac 27 in. Mac Desktop:

I finally got a Mac!! WOO HOO!

I can not tell you how much I love this computer. +

I was shopping for a computer and to be honest the only reason that I got a Mac is because everyone was telling me to get one. Before I purchased it I knew very little about them.

Every good thing that you have heard about the Mac is true and then some!

The computer is lightning fast, sturdy, stylish and so easy to use.

I have had several PCs over the years and they get slow fast, The reviews say that the Macs don't get viruses and I believe it because it is still super fast and I have not had a single problem out of it yet.

I will never use a PC again. I don't think that I will have to replace this for a very long time but if I do I will definately purchase another Mac.

I would highly recommend this to anyone that is in the market for a new computer. It is worth the money and is a great investment!

Piece of ****

from Claridge, PA

Comments about Apple iMac 27 in. Mac Desktop:

This product is one of the worst computers available. First of all, the price is ridiculous for the specifications of the computer. I would not recommend buying a mac computer unless you have a lot of money and you don't care about quality but of what the computer looks like. There is no tower for the computer which is nice, but it doesn't make up for the fact that it's a hunk of poop that doesn't deserve to be on da market. Essentially, this computer is for morons. The mac is horrible for gaming so if you're the kind of person that is going to be gaming, this is not the computer for you. It's for casual people that surf the net, facebook, msn, other social networks and tedious tasks that don't require a lot of processing and stuff. I also dislike that the screen is 16:9. It also doesn't let you download Windows OS and forces you to use mac osx which is a pain in the rear because mac osx is garbage.

Don't buy it.

Huge Screen = Easy to use

from Coal Township, PA

Comments about Apple iMac 27 in. Mac Desktop:

I would die without my imac. I use it everyday, The best thing about mac is how well integrated everything is. I can hook up my iphone and my ipad and everything is synced with all of the same information. The only downside to the imac is that it is fairly expensive for a desktop. If it was touchscreen for this price it would be a completely different story. The screen on this thing is huge, you really cant appreciate is until it is setting on your desk though. Very easy to set up, there is only one cable, that is the power cord. the keyboard and mouse are wireless, although i have had problems with my mouse really using up batteries. The build quality of this is amazing too. When you see how thin it is and how rigid it feels. it really is impressive

This computer is AMAZING

from Great Neck, NY

Comments about Apple iMac 27 in. Mac Desktop:

This computer has the most amazing download speeds and processors. I can just hook up anything and it's ready to use within seconds! Once when I plugged in my printer cable to my laptop nothing appeared but as soon as I put the Printer Cable into my computer, "BAM!" my computer popped up a message and started printing within 3 minutes. This computer is really easy to use and has a beautiful desktop. The keyboard that comes with it is fancy and I like typing cause the buttons are softer and the space button is soft and some people would like to smack their thumbs on the space bar when typing. I also like that it include Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Powerpoint all together as well as Photo Booth and personlized Widgets! Itunes which is made by apple is installed and so is iDvd and iMovie two of apple's applications to help run and make videos. What I also like about apple is that the application bootcamp which is a free application allows you to run windows on any apple computer! Apples in my opinion are the most dominant computers in this generation so far!

The Apple iMac is my favorite desktop!

from Buena Park, CA

Comments about Apple iMac 27 in. Mac Desktop:

After being a windows user for the most of my life, I finally switched over to apple and my very first apple computer was the iMac. I've got to say, I will never go back to windows again! I know apple uses proprietary hardware/software, but the computer is so powerful that you wouldn't care about that. Every single version of windows has, at one point or another, crashed on me. If you still think windows is better, then I hope you enjoy the blue screen of death, which I have never received on my iMac. Or how about how vulnerable their operating system is to spyware and viruses? I'm not saying that there absolutely none of those for apple products, but I can say that browsing the same websites on a windows computer can automatically put your computer in harms way; whereas on an iMac, the chances of being attacked are slim to none. Lets not forget about how well the iMac can multi-task. Have you ever tried running adobe photoshop, adobe flash, and adobe premiere all at once on a windows machine? My guess is that many of you have tried, and ALL that tried have failed. Unless you have some kind of super computer, I highly doubt that you can run all three of those programs without having something glitch out or having the windows computer freeze! On the iMac, I've been successfully running all three programs almost simultaneously with out a hiccup!

A lot of you think that the iMac is also hard to use because its almost opposite to what you're used to with a windows. Honestly, I thought the same thing, but all it took was a little time to get used to. I still have a windows laptop to use for certain things that I can only use on a windows, i.e. video games. And I am pretty used to going back and forth between the windows computer and the apple computer without any issues.

The I Mac is a great computer

from Palatine, IL

Comments about Apple iMac 27 in. Mac Desktop:

The i mac is a awesome desktop computer. I am normally a pc user, but finaly made the switch to the I mac and i think it was a great decision. The loading speed on the imac is twice as fast as my old pc which was just 2 years old. I don't like that it didn't come with any microsoft programs, so its a tough conversion for me expecially for the imacs numbers program. I also think the sleek design of the mac is very attractive. It is so much better than having a monitor, and an actual proccesor. The mac now has appliccations that you can downlosd onto your desktop, which makes it like a huge itouch only without hte touch. The front facing camera is also extremely cool. the photoshop is extravagent, and the photo booth is also a fun thing to mess around with. The log-in time is also ten times faster thatn pc's and i mean that literally. I also enjoy the programs beeing at the bottom of the screen instead of beeing cluttered all over.

This Apple Laptop is essential!

from Preston, CT

Comments about Apple iMac 27 in. Mac Desktop:

This computer is the perfect size for me. It's incredibly user friendly- as is any apple product. I bought this computer because I got a good deal on it, after using it everyday I would recommend it.