Other Desktops:

Apple iMac 21.5-inch - MC309LL/A Desktop Computer

Pros

Cons

• Support & Service:

Great computer with a couple of flaws.

Comments about Apple iMac 21.5-inch - MC309LL/A Desktop Computer:

This is a great computer. The design is fantastic. Of course the MacOS is extremely easy to use. It's snappy at boot up and most any task I want to perform. I upgrade to 16 gb of RAM so that definitely helps. The only complaints I have is that it tends to run hot. Of course with the small form factor it's to be expected. I would recommend getting monitoring software to keep on eye on the heat. iStat is a great program for that. The other issue I have is more software related. When upgrading to the newest OS I started having issues with the bluetooth losing connectivity. The issue seemed to be resolved with a complete reinstall of the OS. A little bit of a pain, but it solved the issue.

It's MacOS, 10.9.1 Mavericks in my case. MacOS in my opinion is extremely intuitive and easy to use. Anyone switching from Windows shouldn't have much of a problem, and Apple has some great resources for learning to use it.

Hardware Quality
In general the hardware is great. I did have a problem with my logic board going out. See my review for support & service.

Support & Service
Support is great with Applecare. When my logicboard went out they replaced it quickly at no cost to me. It comes with one year of applecare, but I definitely recommend buying the extended Applecare.

Again there are heat issues. Get the extended warranty.

What can I say besides "It's an Apple."

Snappy components. The only thing I'm not super fond of is the limited upgrade-ability.

• Support & Service:

Amazing piece of technology.

Comments about Apple iMac 21.5-inch - MC309LL/A Desktop Computer:

This is hands down the best computer for work, business, design and fun. You can browse the web, do word processing, make art on photoshop or play games with this machine. I have had it for 3 years and its still pretty fast. The back does get hot after a week's use and if your running many programs. Its a beautiful and fast computer for the out of college student.

This is so easy to set up, no extra wires, no monitor setup, no keyboard wire. This is truly the computer of the future.

Hardware Quality
The quality is great and nothing has broken or crashed.

Support & Service
Apple is always on the line and gives you the first year of applelife warranty free.

it will look great with all the things in your home. The decision of apple to use aluminum creates a cool and modern looking computer. Forget about those bulking plastic windows desktops when you have this all in one machine.

this beast worked smoothly for 2 years and then when i felt it became sluggish i just added 8 gbs of ram to speed up the function.

Apple is awesome

Comments about Apple iMac 21.5-inch - MC309LL/A Desktop Computer:

I feel I can do anything and everything on this computer.

Gets easier each time I use it. Apple even has classes on things you can do with your computer.

Hardware Quality
It seems to come equipped with some great and needed apps. Plus it has it's own Apple Store where you check out and buy apps for your computer.

Support & Service
I received great service from the Apple Store where I bought my computer. They were great at giving me tips and what they will cover if anything should go wrong. I've had my computer for over three years now and I really haven't had any problems with it.

It seems strong enough but I can see it getting damaged easily if it were to be knocked over or hit by something.

I like the big screen of 21 inches and that everything is in one unit rather than having a tower next to it.

I can do Facetime with someone with an Apple computer just like Skype, except this is free. I also can play dvd's or cd's on this computer. This computer has a lot of storage space on it and works faster than our other Imac, which lasted more than ten years before needing to be disposed of. That also is a great selling point. I should be able to upgrade a few times more than the windows computers.

Great Power for a Consumer Desktop

Comments about Apple iMac 21.5-inch - MC309LL/A Desktop Computer:

I have had this computer for 4 years and it has been a great machine. I used to use if for work related tasks (web design/development), but since getting a laptop through work, it has become the hub for our network of AppleTVs in our house and my collection of 20k photos. For these purposes, it works fantastically.

Like most Apple products it is designed to be very easy to use. It succeeds. Out of the box it was ready to go. I added an external hard drive to accomodate the size of the movie collection, but that was very easy to integrate.

Support & Service
Through the years, I have never been a fan of Apple's customer service—not unique to this computer.

I have not tested the durability of this computer. It sits on the desk so it doesn't get much wear and tear. It has survived 2 moves, so for what's it worth it's durable enough to survive that.

Very sleek and streamlined. It looks great on our desk. I consider it not just a great working computer, but an excellent accessory to the room itself.

When I am doing large imports of pictures, it runs rather slowly, but that is to be expected. Other than that, the performance has been quick and reliable.