Other Laptops:

Apple PowerBook G4 Mac Notebook

Pros

Cons

An Amazing Little Laptop

I got my Little iBook G4 as a wedding present 4 years ago. I LOVE mac's they have amazing programs for Media projects. Well about a year ago my house flooded while we were at Disneyland.  Our neighbor's called us at around 9 pm to inform us that their was water flowing out our front door. We of course rushed home to find our downstairs in about 4 inches of standing water.  My laptop was left on the floor next to my chair, I know HORRIBLE place to leave my laptop and I learned my lesson. When I picked it up water came streaming out of it, I was SO sad. I took the battery out of it and let it dry for two weeks before trying to turn it on.

Miraculously when I finally replaced the battery and turned it on, it worked just fine! And still to this day I have had no problems with it. Apple has always been the computer of choice with my whole family growing up so I Just wanted to say THANK YOU APPLE for making an AMAZING little Laptop!

The PowerBook G4 does a GREAT job despite its age.

I know this is a review for a really old laptop, but I thought it would be a useful thing to have on here in the off chance someone was wanting to buy an older model Apple laptop.  There are still several available all over the Internet and can still provide a lot of value to any user.  The last generation of the Apple PowerBook G4 came out in late 2006 and is showing its age in regards to overall speed of the system.  Despite the fact that its old, it still does a darned good job as a laptop that a person can use on a daily basis.  The lack of an Intel processor does hurt it in the fact that it can't do Windows in a Virtual PC very well.  The system has bluetooth, wi-fi, cd/dvd dual layer burner, spacious hard drive, and a modest amount of ram that had to be upgraded to a full 1GB to be real usable.  The machine I am using has a 15" widescreen display that is very bright even when working outside in the sun.  The battery life is quite good at around 3 hours or so when not using the optical drive or wi-fi.  Anyone looking to pick up a laptop and is not looking to do anything more advanced than basic web surfing, email checking, burning cd/dvd's, or play very old games will be more than happy with this machine.

Everything from apple is amazing...

Comments about Apple PowerBook G4 Mac Notebook:

I really hope that I have more products from apple.

Easy to use some thing.
Faced some difficulties at the beginning of use but in practice turned out to be something beautiful and easy to use.

Battery Life
Fast shipping and a few fall when use.

Support & Service
Very good, Good service and dedication to work.

Speed/Performance
I think it beats the speed of lightning.

Beautiful than I expected.
Everyone knows that anything designed by Apple's very nice company.

Very strong , Good durability and high strength.

• Speed/Performance:

Very durable nice laptop!

Comments about Apple PowerBook G4 Mac Notebook:

I have had this kind of laptop for a while. It is very durable and lasts a long time! I had to have it fixed when I spilled coffee on it so it became part of my xmas present. I can only say good things about this laptop. I use it mainly for online classes and it does a great job! I am able to write up papers, work on power point presentations, take tests, and turn in assignments with ease thanks to this laptop. The battery life is great! The design is nice and easy to navigate through. Apple support is also very helpful. When I need help with something they are always helpful and nice. This is a great computer for many work, school, or pleasure.

Trustworthy, durable laptop.

from Joplin, MO

Comments about Apple PowerBook G4 Mac Notebook:

This computer is a wonderful, inexpensive, durable laptop. No, it doesn't have the great speed of some of the newer Apple laptops, but neither is it really slow. Desktop publishing, e-mail, internet access - all these are easily accomplished on this computer. And if you have enough memory and hard drive space, working with photos works well too!

If you don't need the high speed or duo intel core of the Macbooks, this computer is the way to go. If you're planning to do a lot of movie or major photo work though, you may want to get a Powerbook or higher.

With the wireless airport card to access the internet, this laptop is ready to be taken anywhere - school, work, trips. Very sturdy and not too big, you can take this with you where ever you go.

You won't find a lot of problems with this computer either. Everything is easy to use and easy to figure out even if you're new to Macs. You won't be disappointed in this computer.

Way-to-G4

from Williamsburg, VA

Comments about Apple PowerBook G4 Mac Notebook:

The Macintosh Apple iBook G4 latpop computer is excellent to have. It is convenient and easy to use. You can have an audio speaker to tell you what you want to hear. You don't have to worry about viruses as much as you would with a PC laptop or desktop. For example, if you go on certain web sites or download videos, images, or any other files, you will not bring a complete or even 50% damage to the computer.

On the laptop, you will have these features: iTunes, iMovie HD, Calculator, and so much more. You will have to buy Adobe software separately or if it is included or pre-installed in the Macintosh operating system, that is fine.

When I bought this laptop, it was the first Macintosh computer I had and I was the only one in my family of four to own. I was so glad that I did not have to buy an anti-virus program software to detect any spyware or others hazards on the computer. I could download whatever file I wanted. I just fell in love with it and therefore find no desire to buy another PC in the future.

• Speed/Performance:

I'm in love with my computer

from Kenosha, WI

Comments about Apple PowerBook G4 Mac Notebook:

I absolutely love my computer, it is the best investment ever! It has lasted almost 4 years with no major damages or viruses. And the mac support is wonderful. Recently, two keys popped off and I took it to a mac genuis at our nearby apple store. They fixed the two keys for free and were so helpful incase it happened again. I also like that my laptop is small enough to fit in my backpack and it has motion control incase it gets dropped. If you can't afford a brand new mac, a g4 powerbook, will do just fine.

Love IT!!!!! Great investment!!!

from Ashland, KY

Comments about Apple PowerBook G4 Mac Notebook:

i recently puchase one for my daughter. it is very easy for her to use and has all the bess and whistles for a great price. very sleek looking. wireless. just overall a wnderful computer... i thought it was a great purchase and thinking of getting one myself. not to mention the company i work for uses nothing but ibooks...

Very well put together package.

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Apple PowerBook G4 Mac Notebook:

My IBM notebook died after a few years and I made the switch to a Mac, very happily.  The software that comes standard on this is fantastic.  Everything is very user friendly and also ready to go for media input and editing.  I've edited movies, made web pages and music mixes all very easily.  It's a little pricier than a pc, but worth it in the "I don't crash all the time" aspect!

I love this computer

from Saint Louis, MO

Comments about Apple PowerBook G4 Mac Notebook:

I love this computer.  I got it three years ago, and it's still fabulous.  The costumer service with the AppleCare is great too.  I have only had one issue, and it was my fault anyway.  The only think is that the keys of some of my letters have rubbed off.  It doesn't affect me, but sometimes when others use my computer it confuses them.

Its a Mac what more do I have to say

from Denver, CO

Comments about Apple PowerBook G4 Mac Notebook:

I have always loved Macitosh computers. I specifically choose the Powerbook G4 12" because it was small and fast. Of course I purchased mine the year before the macs begain using the intel processors, therefore I miss out on some perks that that provides (such as running parallels).

The computer is about as light as they come. I wouldn't want anything smaller because when I do my graphics it is hard to work. I wish I had thought about getting a larger screen for drafting and other graphic oriented duties.

Of course as when any other technologies the G4 is now outdated.

I would definatly recommend a macintosh laptop to anybody who is looking to purchase a new computer. i would recommed getting a larger screen if you do a lot of graphics, but the small screens are great for basic email checking and everyday use. I have never got any viruses on my macintosh computer and do not believe it is possible.

Love and dislike alot.

from Milledgeville, GA

Comments about Apple PowerBook G4 Mac Notebook:

I got my Apple Laptop from a friend because they bought a new one and he said he never had any problems with it, so I was excited to get it because I cant afford one. It was fine for a few days but then it kept gettting really hot after 20 minutes and then it would start shutting off.

I love my apple, I just wish I knew what was wrong with it.