Other Electronic & Computer Accessories:
Apple Nike
Apple Nike + iPod Sport Kit

Apple Nike + iPod Sport Kit

Really motivating and fun!

My husband got me the nike sport kit for Christmas to go with my Ipod. I love to run anyways and he thought this would be a good gift and he was right. I went out and bought a new pair of Nike running  shoes to go with it. You have to make sure you get the nikes with the + as they are the ones with the opening for the sensor. I started it up, picked my power song, Lose youself by eminem and started running. There are many different options you can choose such as Distance, Time or Calories. I always choose distance and a voice comes on over my music to tell me for instance I have run 1 km or that I am half way done. When you have run farther than you ever have Lance Armstrong tell you that was the farthest you have ever run congratulations. When you are finished running you plug in your ipod to the computer and it sends all your information to the Nike web site. On the Nike web site you can view all your runs. You can set goals and track your progress. You can join challenges with other runners and compete. I am in 3 challenges right now. The first is who can run the most in 1 week, who can run the most in 30 days, and who can run the fastest 10k. It is really motivating for me because I want to win my challenges. When I see someone has surpassed me in miles, I want to get out and run and be #1. The power song is also very motivating. When I am tired and don't think I can run any more, I hold down the middle button on my ipod and it plays my power song Lose Yourself by eminem and then I can keep running!  The only negatives are a couple of times for no reason it has ended my workout in the middle and then when I push resume workout it doesn't want to resume and it shows I am running 0 miles per hour messing up my times. The other negative is that it can take up to 2 hours to upload your runs to your challenges.

The Nike+ running system really does not work that great

The Nike+ running system was great at first but as time went on, it stopped working correctly.  When you first use the system, you must calibrate it.  Seems easy but it took several tried to get it calibrated correctly.  The distance claimed was never correct and as time went on, was off by more than a mile!  If it is windy out or you are running on a hilly course, the system really has trouble calculating your distance.  For the price, it is OK but it is not something I would buy again. You have to buy a seperate holder for the sensing system to connect to your shoe if you do not own Nike shoes.  The holder must be positioned perfectly everytime and is probably the reason distance is not calculated correctly.  The sensor for you shoe and the sensor for your Ipod are very small and easy to lose, which I did often.

I did however like that my mileage history was stored not only on my iPod but online at the Nike website once you connected your iPod to the computer.

It disappointed me..

Comments about Apple Nike + iPod Sport Kit:

I have always been a HUGE fan of Nike.
So I bought myself a pair of Nike shoes with room for a sensor (to try something new) and I am actually quite unhappy with it.
The distance was way off and I had a lot of troubles getting it to work with my phone.
The device also didn't last long, battery vise and I had to get a new one within 3 months (used it maybe 4 times a week.)

Great product! Keeps you get in shape!

Comments about Apple Nike + iPod Sport Kit:

Great device that calculates distance and calories burned. Keeps statistics on Nike website. Its cheap and great product.Note: the sensor needs to be placed either inside a Nike shoe or on top of the laces using a type of holder. Can be synced online as well.

My personal trainer

Comments about Apple Nike + iPod Sport Kit:

This is like having a mini personal trainer with you at all times except you don't have to pay as much. This really does motivate you and pushes you to do more. It tells you how many calories you've burned, how far you ran, and if you've beaten your goal you have set. I have used this for running and will continue to use this.

Makes Tracking Running a whole lot Easier

Comments about Apple Nike + iPod Sport Kit:

I am an avid runner but I am always on a budget since I am a student. I couldn't afford all those hi tech gps watches that the running elite were using so I stumbled upon this one day. It was in my price range, so I decided to give it a shot.

So far I am immensely impressed with Nike+. All you have to do is stick the chip in your Nike+ shoes and plug the adapter into your ipod. The ipod/iphone will calibrate your stride and you will be ready to go. I have checked the accuracy of the device and it does deliver on flat surfaces. However, on hilly areas it can be a bit off but I think that is the only set back the device has. Some people complain that Nike+ is only compatible with nike shoes but now they released an band that you can purchase so you are able to use it for other shoe brands as well. If you need a cheap alternative to a gps watch and you are running on a budget, give these a go. You won't regret it. If you have the money though, go ahead and buy the gps watch because it will be more accurate.

Great for Cross CountryRunners!

Comments about Apple Nike + iPod Sport Kit:

My daughter runs Cross Country for her school and this item helps her gauge her times and distances! It is comfortable and easy to use. SHe enjoys tracking her progress and the item doesn't add any weight.

from Newbury, MA

Comments about Apple Nike + iPod Sport Kit:

I love this when Im walking or running it lets you know when you need to pick up the pace. It also lets you play your own music and doesnt interupt the music too much.The only problem with this is if you leave it in your sneaker it wears out the battery and you have to buy a new one. I am on my 2nd one and am very happy with this product.

It's the best for keeping track of your workouts

from Seattle, WA

Comments about Apple Nike + iPod Sport Kit:

The apple sport/kit nano is the best way to go when wanting to keep track of your runs and walks. its weightless small and not bulky when using it to workout. It is a thumbs down on the fact that you have to buy a nano and not use an ipod you may already have. It may be a little costly having to buy the kit a nano and the shoes, but it's definitely worth money.

A new running experience

from Redmond, WA

Comments about Apple Nike + iPod Sport Kit:

I was in the middle of training for a triathlon. When I got this system, it took my training to a new level. The ability to map, graph, and challenge myself and my runs was an awesome feature. It is soooo usable. The running experience has never been better.You can challenge other people for specific goals. This is a fun feature.

walker, works on treadmill, LOVE IT!!!!!!

from Portland, OR

Comments about Apple Nike + iPod Sport Kit:

Even though I am not a runner I thought i would try it anyway and it works great. It even works when your are walking on treadmill. I love the fact that you have a power song that all have to do is press the center button for 3 seconds and it will play it when you need a boost durring your walk/run. Don't think this is just for runners. It's not. It's for walkers too. You can even track your miles online and set goals with nike+.com free account.

great product

from San Francisco, CA

Comments about Apple Nike + iPod Sport Kit:

This product rocks. I was an avid runner before but now I can keep track of my progress with almost no effort at all. If only it had GPS so i could see where i've been running! anyhow, love it. The software syncs perfectly and easily.