Other Laptops:
Apple
MC024LL/A
Apple MacBook Pro 17-Inch Mac Notebook MC024LLA

Apple MacBook Pro 17-Inch Mac Notebook MC024LLA

MacBook Pro 17" is great.

from San Francisco, CA

Comments about Apple MacBook Pro 17-Inch Mac Notebook MC024LLA:

The Apple MacBook Pro 17" is a great laptop. I use it for work because it is very thin and light compared to other laptops I have used in the past. The machine is plenty powerful, boasting an Intel Core i5 2.53GHz processor, an Nvidia GeForce GT 330M graphics card, a 500GB hard drive, as well as many other features that make this laptop great. Even though I am not a big fan of Apple's computers, I think this laptop is great because of the specs, portability, and the design of the system. The operating system is good as well, and Windows can be installed easily to this system. I am planning on buying Windows 7 because I think Windows Vista is slow, which is what I currently have installed, as well as Mac OS X Snow Leopard. I can't wait for Apple to update their MacBook Pro line, and I will definitely be buying the new 17" laptop that Apple will make in the future. I recommend this product to everybody.

MacBook Pro - first laptop I recommend for pro portability

from Bishop, CA

Comments about Apple MacBook Pro 17-Inch Mac Notebook MC024LLA:

As a self-proclaimed computer geek with a background in graphic arts and photography, I get asked a lot what I think of notebook computers for professional use.  My answer has always been that notebooks are strictly "get you by" when it comes to photo editing, page layout, etc. - until now.

I recently helped a photographer set up his new MacBook Pro - which he bought even though I'd advised against it.  He has no desktop unit, and thought that the portable would be the 'best of both worlds.'  I'd told him that for what he does, he needed the scalability and horsepower of a desktop unit.

Then I fired it up and installed his Adobe CS5.  Wow.  Launched Photoshop in under a second!  Opened a 400 MB Nikon NEF (camera raw) in 2 seconds and was totally fluid with filter applications, tools and screen refresh (scrolling / moving).  I looked like a fool for having advised against it.

I have a Mac Pro Quad 300 GHz desktop with a 16 GB RAM and a 1 GB vid card that has served me well for several years - this notebook outperformed it in every way.  And he still hasn't upgraded to the 8 GB max ram!  I now advise photographers and graphics professionals to consider the MacBook Pro if they need portability.  But I do point out that notebooks are less scalable and more expensive to upgrade or repair - something to consider if this will be the only computer in the arsenal.

Love my Macbook Pro

from Chapel Hill, NC

Comments about Apple MacBook Pro 17-Inch Mac Notebook MC024LLA:

I love my macbook pro.  It is powerful and has great applications.  I can work anywhere and the large screen is fantastic.  I use it to stream movies, make spreadsheets, store photos, make movies for my family.  It's an apple so if you are a microsoft person, you might not want to convert to an apple computer.  I have had many apple computers in the past and this is by far my favorite.  The back-lit keyboard is awesome as well as the automatic dimmer for the screen when I move into different lighted rooms.  It's a fantastic computer. However, it comes with the Mac price tag, which may be prohibitive for some people.  It's also quite heavy because of it's sheer size.  Additionally, the alumnium unibody is beautiful but I imagine that it can scratch and dent prety easily.  Also recommend the spect laptop cover for this moderl.

Pros: It's an apple!  Nice clear, big screen.  Reliability that apple is known for.

Cons: Expensive.  This computer is heavy, also the aluminum unibody construction makes me nervous (I have dropped one thing and it left a dent)

Great computer!

from Topeka, KS

Comments about Apple MacBook Pro 17-Inch Mac Notebook MC024LLA:

I do not yet own one of these computers; however, I am looking forward to the day I finally get to buy my own.  A friend of mine own one and after I was on it for a while I just fell in love with it.  It's extremely easy to operate, very sleek, but still big enough to be able to see all the print.  It's pretty easy to manage whatever you want on the Apple laptop.  Even beginners will find it easy to navigate on specially with the help of the online help section.  It's very light weight and great for someone who is enrolled in college.  There is lots of storage as well not to mention how fast it works.  You can communicate with people all over the world, stay in touch with friends and family, do your homework from college online!  It also has a very unique photo editing program which is extremely helpful to those who enjoy vivid pictures.  The product name itself; "Apple", should say plenty about the reliability of this computer.  Apple is one of the top buying products in the computer industry. I would recommend this particular computer to anyone of any age.

LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! The Apple MacBook Pro 17 is amazing!

from Nottingham, NH

Comments about Apple MacBook Pro 17-Inch Mac Notebook MC024LLA:

This sleek computer is fast, efficient, and just simply amazing. After having a Toshiba, and a Dell I learned PC's just weren't my style. Having an apple has changed my views on the laptop world itself. I foresee myself being a MAC girl for life.

Apalling as usual

from River Grove, IL

Comments about Apple MacBook Pro 17-Inch Mac Notebook MC024LLA:

While I personally do not own one of these I know a friend who has one and it was the worst piece of garbage I have ever used in my life.  To start off, Apple is an extremely overrated company in the first place built on lots of empty promises.  My friend got one of these and already had problems with it within the first 2 months with it freezing, programs not working right, and it was slower than what you would expect from such a great processor.  Being a loyal PC user I made a comparison of the two and realized just how primitive Apple computers/laptops really are coupled with their false advertising, it really made for one irritating product.  Maybe I do go overboard with being very slanderous towards Apple but the more they promise and make you anticipate, the more you will be very dissapointed when the product does not deliver.  If Apple is supposed to be technologically advanced then I don't understand how its operating system can have constant problems.  To top things off, it is also extremely expensive and horrifically overpriced, you can get a laptop PC with the same specifications and expect to pay half or more than half less for it all the while having a laptop that is easy to use and will actually work.  If I were you I would be very cautious around Apple and its overpriced products and go with something other than it, unless you prefer to be skeptical and throw your money down the drain just like that.