View more laptops

Apple MacBook Pro 13.3" Notebook

Apple MacBook Pro 13.3" Notebook

4.8

I'm in love with my Mac book Pro

I've had my MacBook Pro ( I call it Joey) for two years now. I still think it is the best decision I ever made. I am a graphic design and television production major, This computer can hold all of my large files without slowing down. I have tons of photos, music and videos stored without even coming close to using up all the memory.

I was fairly new to a mac when I made this purchase, having only encountered them at school, I won't lie "Joey" still holds some secrets from me I'm sure but for the most part, It was extremely easy to use and get used to. I tell everyone how much I love this computer.

One of the things I immediately noticed was the beautiful colors on the screen, everything is so clear and vibrant . I love having my email sent straight to my desktop, I love having weather on my dashboard. Most of all I love that I have never had a virus. My desktop is all kinds of screwed up with viruses, I've had to restore to factory settings to even get it to function.

I plan on having this computer for a very long time, And in the event I need a new one I will go straight back to apple for another. Make the investment, Its worth it ! and if you are a student you get 100 bucks off with a student id.

Looks good but lacks performance

This is a nice notebook that would be stellar if it had a slightly faster processor and a lower price tag. I picked this up for about a grand online. Now, back in the 90s paying a grand for a laptop was the norm but these days paying 1,000 for a laptop can get you an extremely powerful machine. Essentially, for this Apple 13.3 Macbook you are sacrificing performance for aesthetics (it does look very classy) and screen clarity. Like the majority of Apple's screens, this 13.3 inch screen does NOT dissapoint. Its quality is superb and one of the best as far as notebook screens go. The processor is the typical Intel Core 2 Duo, which is nice but an older generation processor. This notebook comes with 1280 by 800 resolution by the way. The graphics come with an expected Nvidia Geforce 320M, which is what Apple uses a lot. In this regard it is nothing unique. The notebook comes with 4 gigs of memory, which is enough, and a dismal 250 gigs of harddrive space, which will leave you wanting more. Again, you are giving up performance for aesthetics for this notebook--it's a matter of preference.

My favorite piece of technology!

from Blairsville, GA

Comments about Apple MacBook Pro 13.3" Notebook:

If you are looking for a new computer this is the one you need to buy. When I first became a Mac user I was using the MacBook and very nervous about the transition from PC to Mac. I quickly learned how great a Mac can be and when I saw this new MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard I decided it was time to make the transition. Now I can't even imagine using my plain MacBook. The MacBook Pro is so much better for someone always using the computer. I love the streamlined design and the weight of the product. I carry it with my everyday and have no problems.

The OP system is great and easy to use. One of the first things I noticed about this computer was the framed screen and at first was a little nervous, but the screen and clarity are great. The keyboard and face of the computer is also very easy to use and feels great when typing. There are just not enough great things I can say about this computer and as of yet I have found no negitives about it.

• Battery Life:
  • Support & Service:
  • Speed/Performance:

how did I survive without it?

from Beverly Hills, CA

Comments about Apple MacBook Pro 13.3" Notebook:

I love my MBP. It's easy to use, all the programs are integrated and it's basically been a breeze to use from the first day. I really don't know how I ever lived without it. Now when I use someone else's PC, I just find it inconvenient.

I think Apple is an innovative company and they've really changed the way we interact with technology and what we expect it to bring to our lives. I love all of my Apple products...

I didn't even know I NEEDED a Mac

from Menifee, CA

Comments about Apple MacBook Pro 13.3" Notebook:

I love my new computer. My old HP laptop dutifully got me through my last two years of undergrad studies and then it died a terrible death. I have never heeded the advice to back up my pics and files. I guess I thought my computer was invincible. I found out it was not when a virus took the thing over and kept me from using it at anything more than something hard to write on...

My husband, bless his heart, took me to the store to get an iPad. We looked at them and I realized right away as an aspiring administrator and freelance writer and poet that the iPad would be nice to play with but not much of a work horse. I looked at the Macintosh machines and really liked the MacBooks. They are light and compact. They had other models with larger screens, but I didn't see the point when I don't do much graphics.

After playing with it a little in the store, my hubby footed the bill and I took my baby home. Much unlike the HP I turned it on and was ready to go. No ads, no trial versions, no loading...nothing. I just started.

The MacBook Pro comes loaded with mostly fun stuff. I bought the iWorks program to have a word processor and presentation software. I found out that I can find an application for almost anything I want to add to my computer in the Apple Store online. Some are free!

My biggest beef with my HP was the overheating. I had to prop the computer up or it would overheat. I had a tech look at it and found that my fan was full of dust and could barely turn. The design of the Mac has no fan. I don't know how it stays cool, but it does.

The only problem I have had with the MacBook Pro is getting used to the differences in shortcut keys and some of things that a Mac doesn't do that my PC did, but I found that the Apple community is very friendly and helpful online and in the Apple Store in town.

If anyone were shopping for a computer and asked my opinion. I would tell them, "The MacBook is much more expensive than the PC laptops but you get what you pay for!"

The Dream Machine

from San Jose, CA

Comments about Apple MacBook Pro 13.3" Notebook:

Apple 13.3" MacBook Pro Notebook is probably the best machine out there for the ones who want to do it all in one laptop. Of course, let me state why I believe this. One, the screen size is just right because any smaller and it is hard to do work on (I own a 10.1” netbook and I dread the screen size sometimes). Two, if it is any bigger, it will add on to the weight of the product, making it less mobile. This would be perfect for class, work, or just taking it with you anywhere to enjoy at a café, or coffee shop. Whatever your heart desires, this product has it for you. If you want to edit photos, videos, this MacBook Pro can do it for you. If you want to play games, this notebook can do it for you. If you want to show off to your friends, this notebook can do it for you. If you want to impress your girlfriend or boyfriend and show them that you are not getting viruses on your computer, this computer can do it for you. I mean that as a joke because we all know osx computers are less likely to get them due to it being less used in industry compared to windows computers. Overall this is the best product here.

Macbook Pro is so nice!

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Apple MacBook Pro 13.3" Notebook:

The 13.3 MacBook Pro Notebook is extremely pricey for a computer but there is a reason for that. The complete design of the macbook is genius. The entire outer casing of the macbook is aluminum so it acts as an conductor for the computer to completely cool off without overheating the notebook. This is a big problem for other computers as it makes it uncomfortable for it to be placed on your lap or bed. Second, it is extremely light so it does not make it a burden on you when you need to travel or go from one place to the next while carrying your computer. The OS boots up fast and is super user friendly it is designed for anyone without any knowledge of using a computer. The only downside is all software and applications are designed for the PC such as microsoft office or adobe creative suite Photoshop. It takes time for them to develop one for MAC sometimes never such as gaming support. Most games only work for windows so you would have to dual boot or bootcamp to play.

The Best!

from 81290

Comments about Apple MacBook Pro 13.3" Notebook:

I love my mac! They may be more expensive but totally worth the extra money! When its time to upgrade I will definitely get nother mac.

Favorite thing is that I dont have to worry about any virus protecting software.

Always heard "once you go Mac...."

from Savannah, GA

Comments about Apple MacBook Pro 13.3" Notebook:

....you never go back." Now I believe it!!

I have never had a laptop, let alone a Mac before so I was hesitant when I wanted to purchase a laptop. I researched on-line and spoke with friends/acquaintances about the Mac. Of course, everything I heard was positive.... except the price.

I am still learning what I need to know and getting used to the setup/layout difference between a Mac and PC, but so far I LOVE my MacBook Pro. I was also concerned about the size of the screen. I went from a 17" monitor with my desktop to a 13.3 " notebook. There is a difference, but it's not miserable.

Going from my current experience with the MacBook Pro, I would definitely recommend it to others!

Love Apple Products!

from Reno, NV

Comments about Apple MacBook Pro 13.3" Notebook:

The Apple laptop was my 2nd Apple purchase. Sometime you wonder if the second purchase will be a bit of a let down, but it wasn't. The keyboard is a bit different than what I have been used to, but I was amazed how much easier it was to type on it. I love the touch mouse and quickly had the setting changed to be able to tap the mouse to do several different functions. The screen is large enough to watch movies and such comfortably. It only took my 4 year old a few days to have everything on the new laptop figured out. Apple products have come a long way in being more user friendly then when since I first was introduced to them. We will only purchase Apple products always exceed our expectations!

Nice laptop but at a hefty price

from Fountain Valley, CA

Comments about Apple MacBook Pro 13.3" Notebook:

The Macbook pro is the signature line of apples laptop line-up featuring an aluminum unibody and higher quality screen. I recommend this over the polycarbonate macbook because it is more sturdy and is less prone to the yellow tinting due to dirt and grime.

Macbooks, by name, are expensive. You won't find a lower end netbook spec'd macbook and anything less than a 13" unless it's the macbook air and it still won't be cheap because of the thin form factor. With that said, the macbook pro is not a bad machine. It may only be 1/3 the power of a similar laptop of another manufacturer but you get one of the best case designs ever. Not to mention the cooling fan placement, which is located in front of the screen and behind the keyboard. It will only run hot if you're doing a lot of graphic intensive work like playing a video game at 60fps at very high with aa or something similar.

OSX is very stable and runs smoothly with very little hiccup. Features like multiple desk space(also available in linux distros such as ubuntu) and expose work like a charm and make multitasking loads easier and more appealing to the eye.

Contrary to belief, macs are easy to use it's just most people are used to windows growing up so it takes awhile to get used to just like anything. I can understand why people say macbooks(and macs in general) are overpriced because they are expensive considering their specs compared to competitors but if it suits your tastes, why not?

Apple Macbook pro

from Milan, NM

Comments about Apple MacBook Pro 13.3" Notebook:

If you are thinking to buy a new computer, I think Apple macbook pro 13inch probably is the computer you really need to consider. When I first became a Mac user, I was using the apple MacBook and I am a little bit nervous about the transition from my PC to apple Mac. I quickly learned how great a Mac can be and when I saw this new MacBook Pro with the new operating system, Snow Leopard, I thought it might be the time to make the transition from PC to Macbook pro. Now I can not even imagine using my plain MacBook pro. The Apple MacBook Pro is so much better for someone always using the computer. I love the streamlined design and the weight of the product. I carry it with my everyday and have no problems.