Other Laptops:

Apple MacBook Pro 13.3-Inch Notebook

Pros

Cons

Light weight and Performance - Macbook Pro

I have been PC user for last 10 years and bought the Macbook Pro 13" Laptop recently.The day I started using this I am in love with the Mac Book. Mac Book case is unibody aluminim frame.Macbook comes with Firewire port and SD cardreader.Boot up time is very quick,PC can never meet this time.Display is too good for watching movies.It has backlit keyboard and keyboard layout is awesome. Trackpad is another one which can be talked about lot.Trackpad is made with glass.It has multiple options to use.Battery life is long and should get 6-7 hrs.Laptop is light weight. You can even run windows if you have some applications which runs only on Windows.This is a good feature as this will help people who want Macbook but cannot due to some application support issues.Connecting to wireless network is too easy as you need only password and not so troublesome like in windows like encryption type,different options etc.

When coming to the Con's, it has mini display port.You cannot connect most of your monitors and you need to buy additional cable.

Okay, not sure if it's worth it though.

For many years Alienware notebooks have used a distinctive keyboard design with adjustable LED backlighting so you can view the keyboard in the dark. The M11x continues this tradition with one of the best, if not THE best, keyboard we've used on an 11-inch notebook. In general, the keyboard uses individual keys with a traditional shape that is slightly curved in the middle of each key. Key spacing is quite good and each key has the perfect amount of feedback with minimal side travel. The big difference between this keyboard and the keyboards on other 11-inch notebooks is that the keys have excellent LED backlighting with a transparent key frame and key labels using a futuristic font that looks like something out of *Star Trek*. More importantly, the support frame beneath the keyboard is rock solid. We couldn't get the keyboard on this M11x to flex even under severe typing pressure. Likewise, the matte plastic palmrests will handle hours of game play without bending or squeaking plastics. Typing noise is minimal, with no loud "click clack" noises while typing. The only minor issue we have with the keyboard is that the matte paint on the keys doesn't like natural skin oils. You'll have to wipe down the keyboard from time to time or some of the keys will start to look oily ... particularly the W, A, S, and D keys if you're a heavy gamer.

The Synaptics touchpad is both pleasing and depressing at the same time on the M11x. If I was using this touchpad on any other Dell notebook I would be absolutely thrilled. The honeycomb textured surface makes for an ideal touchpad texture (allowing for smooth, controlled finger movement) and the drivers seem perfectly calibrated straight out of the box for minimal lag and precision tracking. The touchpad buttons have soft, springy movement with quiet clicks, though the full touchpad button press might be a little too deep for my taste. Indeed, this is a great ... but it's a touchpad.

Any gaming enthusiast will tell you that you MUST use an external mouse when gaming. Sure, the M11x is an ultraportable laptop and people generally use touchpads for typical activities, but the main reason people are buying this machine rather than a  11z or an HP Mini 311 is that you can play games on the M11x. Dell really should have included a quality wireless mouse or even a small wired gaming mouse as "standard" equipment with the M11x.

**Ports and Features**The selection of ports on the M11x R2 is mostly unchanged from the port layout on the original M11x. However, the switch to Core i5 and Core i7 processors did require one design change from Dell's Alienware team: the removal of the VGA port. The larger heat sink required for the higher performance CPUs means that one of the three video out ports on the M11x had to be sacrificed. Since most gamers user HDMI or DisplayPort with external monitors, Alienware engineers decided to lose the old VGA port. Students or business professionals who connect their laptops to old projectors might have a problem with this, but it's a minor sacrifice.

Notebook PC

Comments about Apple MacBook Pro 13.3-Inch Notebook:

A great product for doing work on and saving documents. Its a very durable computer and its ease of use is good for any level of computer users. The battery life is average, usually around 2 1/2 to 3 hours, which is typical for any notebook PC. I really love of how fast this product is when navigating through windows and using any internet browser, even internet explorer, which we all know can give us problems. The product is also very sturdy and will not break easily when packing it for trips or going to a friends house to use. It also has a nice modern look to it that fits the 20th century. I can play games on this notebook PC. Also, this computer is very compatible with different software applications. I would recommend this PC to anyone that wants just a simple and easy computer to use. Just make sure you keep your PC protected at all times. I would not want to lose the programs on this computer at all.

Best. Laptop. Ever.

from Harrisonburg, VA

Comments about Apple MacBook Pro 13.3-Inch Notebook:

I'd always had a PC - a Dell, until I got the blue screen of death, followed by an HP. When I started a new job two years ago, however, I was given a MacBook Pro. And I loved it. Yes, it took some getting used to, but it was worth not getting hit with every new virus that came down the road. The battery life is amazing, and the computer is pretty light weight, at least compared to my super-thick HP. The screen is crystal clear, and the computer holds up to my near constant use. I work 9-5 on my laptop, and I keep using it in the evening, either to finish some projects for work or for personal use. My boss just got me a new MacBook Pro last week since mine was about 4 years old. I also love that I can easily access programs from all of my Apple devices - iPhone, iPad, and MacBook Pro. I feel very professional when meeting with clients, and I've had a number comment that they'd love to switch to a Mac. They often fumble to get their laptops to work during meetings, but my MacBook Pro always works great! It's really convenient, and I don't see myself ever going back to a PC!

• Speed/Performance:

Best laptop in the market today

Comments about Apple MacBook Pro 13.3-Inch Notebook:

Overall apple has created the best laptop there is available in the market today. super fast and provides a great performance when being used. Great colors it is vivid and colorful the graphics are amazing. this laptop has so many capabilities to multitask and new software that is much better than windows. It has an aluminum exposure which is very sturdy compared to the alternative plastics being used on other laptops it basically very strong and lightweight. This laptop shows how much quality is being put into it as its materials. Has great advances in the software and very easy to use. very functional for students.

• Speed/Performance:

Best laptop you will ever own

from Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

Comments about Apple MacBook Pro 13.3-Inch Notebook:

I finally spent the money to buy this notebook computer. I grew tired of PC's slowing and not working up to my speed. I have nothing but great things to say about this notebook. The keyboard is very comfortable with easy shortcut keys. I use my laptops for traveling a lot and this one keeps up with my needs. I use a lot of memory by storing everything from music to presentations on it. This Macbook is also upgradable, which is nice. I have seen articles that the new Retina Display ones are not as everything is attached to the motherboard. This is by far the best notebook you will ever buy. I will never buy a PC again.

• Speed/Performance:

Best development box ever for UI software engineers.

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Apple MacBook Pro 13.3-Inch Notebook:

This is the perfect machine for doing front-end/UI web development. The built-in Apache server, plus the ability to run Windows or Linux on virtual machines, means that you can test development code on any browser/OS combo known to man, all on the same machine. If only the hard drives could be bigger, I could code and manage my music/movie libraries on the same box. But I guess you' can't have it all.

Love my Mac!

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about Apple MacBook Pro 13.3-Inch Notebook:

I've had my Mac Pro now for over year and I am still LOVING it. I even named him when I first got him! Like other reviewers, I had used PCs for several years. It wasn't until I, as a film major, wanted to edit with Final Cut Pro ( a Mac software) that I seriously considered purchasing a Mac. It was costly, but I feel it was worth the price. It is lightweight and sleek looking! I feel this is a perfect size because it easily fits in non Being a notebook, it is convenient because you can take it anywhere you go. It moves quickly with adequate memory. The sound is average so you might want to purchase speakers to amplify the sound to your liking. You can always add on to its memory which is a major plus. The best pro to the Mac Book,any Mac, is it's resistance to viruses. The only con I have is its battery life. I am fine as long as it is connected to a power source, but With their growing popularity, it is when I am not, it's as if the battery charge melts away. It does get hot after serveral minutes, but computer doesn't?

Battery Life
My Mac is usually plugged up!

Fantastic laptop!

from New Port Richey, FL

Comments about Apple MacBook Pro 13.3-Inch Notebook:

I've had this laptop for about 2 years now, and I'm still very happy with my decision. Sure, Apple laptops are much higher than other brands, like HP, but you really pay for quality here. I work mainly in photography and dabble in some graphic design, so this computer works wonderfully for me. The screen is great; wonderfully lit and the colors are great, even when it is not calibrated. It boots and works quickly, too. Programs run smoothly and even playing games is no problem (I played Heros of Newerth on the mac and there were no glitches or lag). Video plays flawlessly as well. My boyfriend has it set up so that I can hook up the laptop to the tv - he commented on how well it was able to stream the video without any kinks, something his desktop wasn't able to handle as well. Now he's thinking of getting one. One problem I do have with the Mac is the touchpad - it can be a bit *too* sensitive sometimes and every now-and-again I accidentally brush against it with my hand and highlight and delete my writing...let's hope it doesn't happen during this review! Overall, I really love the computer, and if you're looking for something high-quality, this is it.

Support & Service
I gave it a 5/5 because I had bought Apple Care with it - I highly recommend doing the same. I've had to have my battery charger replaced twice, and with the extra coverage the replacement was free.

The aluminum outside makes it VERY easy for scratches and dents.

• Speed/Performance:

The MacBook Pro is the solution for professionals.

from Ojibwa, WI

Comments about Apple MacBook Pro 13.3-Inch Notebook:

I believe the MacBook Pro is the best laptop out there for anyone. It is fast, powerful, yet also portable. Apple really designed the MacBook Pro so it not only looks good, but also has a lot of features. For example, the keyboard does light up in the dark, so you can see the keys and type in low light situations. It turns on automatically, but you can turn it off if you want to. Additionally, an ambient light sensor is built in to the computer, meaning that if wherever you are working gets dark, the screen will dim so your eyes are not blinded by the screen. Similarily, it will get brighter if you are outside in the sun or in a bright room, so you can see the screen clearly. Besides these features, the Macbook Pro also has a webcam that is very good quality but blends into the screen (it's hard to notice that it's there). With these features as well as the speed and power of this laptop, you'll definitely like the MacBook Pro for the many things you can do on it.

Apple MacBook - Fantastic for College Students

from Oakland Gardens, NY

Comments about Apple MacBook Pro 13.3-Inch Notebook:

I have had my MacBook for just over two years now and it is absolutely fantastic. I got it because I was so sick of all my PCs getting viruses easily and crashing. The last straw was when I had written a 10 page paper for my business law class and the whole thing got deleted even after saving multiple times. I switched to a Mac right then and there and haven't looked back. The great thing about this particular Mac is that it is very portable and has great battery life so that I can use it to study in my school library or at the local Starbucks. It also has amazing graphics for a great viewing experience when you pop in a DVD. Macs are also much more user intuitive - you can create PDFs and grab screenshots of a PORTION of your screen very easily. The trackpad and beautiful design are super cool too. The one con is that as a business student, I need to work on Excel a lot and neither the Mac version called "Numbers" nor the Microsoft Office for Mac programs work quite as well as Excel on a PC.

Truly Awesome

from Forest, VA

Comments about Apple MacBook Pro 13.3-Inch Notebook:

There are computers.  And then there are Macs.  Apple has truly set itself in its own arena by making the Macbook Pro, an awesome laptop that combines both portability with ease of use into one slick package.  The learning curve of learning how to use the laptop is extremely easy, while the trackpad is both great and easy to use.  The screen looks nice, but it is a bit of a smudge magnet.  Definitely something you'd want to carry around a cleaning soft-towel to clean up once in awhile to get rid of all of the fingerprints that will undoubtedly accumulate all over it.  Other then that, the keyboard is extremely easy to get used to and actually works a lot better then your typical keyboard on a regular computer or laptop, while their are ports for everything that you could think of.  Included in your purchase is a rather innovative power adaptor that actually will pull out automatically if your computer gets yanked for some reason.  I definitely like the computer.