Other Headphones:

Apple Earpods with Remote and Mic

Pros

Cons

• Comfort:

Huge improvement over the older Earbuds

These are a solid, everyday headphone for casual use. They are really leaps and bounds better than their predecessors. They fit my ears much better and have a much better sound quality. I really notice it particularly on the depth of the bass compared to the old ones. However, these are by no means the best headphones out there are really can't compete with the higher grade styles, but they're also not meant to.

While I do wish they were a little cheaper I really can't complain considering the amount of use I get out of them. I use them almost all day everyday at work and have minimal complaints. Occasionally my ears with feel a little uncomfortable after a few hours, but I think that is inevitable. I also really like the volume control feature on the cord. I find myself feeling around for it even when I have other headphones on.

The mic quality is ok. I have had people on the other end of the phone complaining that I sound a million miles away or that there's too much interference from wind but overall it's decent enough. I also don't use it for its mic that often, so this is not a huge issue for me. But if you're someone who likes to drive hands free or walk and call people I could see this being an issue. In general though these are solid headphones.

Sound Quality
Wayyy better than the older ones but definitely not the best out there. Great for what they are.

Comfort
Much more comfortable than the previous iteration but I still feel a little uncomfortable after extended use.

They fit much better in my ear than the old round ones. I think this also contributes to a better sound quality than before. I find I don't need to have the volume as high to get a great sound.

I use them all day everyday at work, on the bus, on the weekends, on runs and they are still holding up very well.

An improvement

Unlike the previous Apple Ear Buds, these aren't that bad. In actuality, most of the ratings that I would give are switched. They have decent sound quality, they're MUCH more comfortable, and they generally have a good design. But, it all falls apart when we get to durability (Ha, ha, get it?).

Sound Quality
It has a nice sound quality. Not mind blowing, but decent. A huge improvement to the previous headphones.

Comfort
They were very comfortable. I didn't feel like there were these huge things in my ears, I actually barely felt them at all. I prefer this style to how most ear buds are made because of this.

I really liked how they set up were the speaker is on these ear buds. It's compact and easy to wear. Also, they aren't so big that they get in the way, and they don't cause the wearer to become extremely self conscious about themselves.

Unfortunately, these headphones didn't last long for me. Maybe it's just because I'm almost constantly listening to music though. All that I know is that the wire started fraying at the base, and soon I couldn't hear anything. They lasted on average 2-4 weeks. This is the only reason that I wouldn't recommend them for avid music listeners.

Great as basic headphones

Comments about Apple Earpods with Remote and Mic:

I like that the iPhone comes with a pair of headphones. It is a step up from the original iPhone, with a new style for earbuds that focusedly point the music towards the eardrums, while reaching a sense of balance the treble and bass. Plus the built-in button to answer calls, play/pause/skip songs and a multitude of other things, give these headphones added capabilities.

However, the reason why I mention they're great as "basic" is because it has the difficult job of attempting to placate all iPhone customers. This is hard because people have different ear shapes, with different preferences, so it will never be perfect. There's nothing wrong with the headphones. In fact, like mentioned before, they do what is required to help enjoy the iPhone experience. But with more and more companies creating headphones, with more choices and options, it may be better to spend some money to find the right fit for each customer.

If these headphones work for you, by all means, continue using them. But while the Apple headphones are excellent, there are other options to fulfill each customer's desires.

• Comfort:

Very unique and just awesome

Comments about Apple Earpods with Remote and Mic:

These things sound great. At first they may not seem to fit, but overtime you'll get used to it and just love them. They are also very though and durable, they can withstand a lot.

Sound Quality
The sound quality is just outstanding. They have decent bass and in general have good sound. It's especially great when you consider the fact that they are so cheap.

Comfort
For me, they didn't seems to fit at first, but overtime, i guess i just forgot about them, or got used to them, they fit fine. They are very comfortable.

The design may have its ups and downs but overall it is very good. The design is extremely unique and well made. They really tried to do something different with this one, and they did good.

These things are so durable. They unlike the lighting connectors, do not break easily by any means. They can endure tons of twisting and bending. They truly are durable. They do get dirty quickly but that really shouldn't be affecting their performance much.

Great earpods

from Utah

Comments about Apple Earpods with Remote and Mic:

We received these earpods with our iphones, ipad, etc, so we have a few different pairs, and we have been extremely pleased with them. One of the best parts of them is the built-in microphone that allows hands free calling without the use of a blue tooth. I have found it extremely convenient to be able to put my phone in my pocket and carry on a complete phone conversation while still having my hands free to do other things.

Sound Quality
Without having tried fancy, expensive ear buds, these sound as clear and good as any regular ear buds that I have tried before.

Comfort
These ear pods do need to be set completely into the beginning of the ear opening. It's easy to set them a little too far out, and they fall out easily when this happens. But if they are put in deeply enough, then they stay in quite well, and they are very comfortable to wear and use.

After about a year and a half of use, these ear pods are still holding up extremely well. I'm usually careful with the wires so I don't break them, but they have proven durable and not easily broken.

• Comfort:

Great and reliable headphones that fit any ear.

from Boston MA

Comments about Apple Earpods with Remote and Mic:

Overall i have thoroughly enjoyed my use of the apple headphones that come with the iPhone 5s and 5.

Sound Quality
These headphones have great sound quality in my opinion and although they are not fully in ear headphones they definitely produce high quality music. They ca block noise fairly well because of their mild depth in the ear compared to the last set of apple headphones.

Comfort
Even though these headphones are fully plastic and have a hard outer casing they fit nicely inside the ear. They have been engineered to fit perfectly into the crevasse.

The design of these headphones, as I described above is great for a customer who wants an in-ear headphone that is not all that deep.

These headphones are for the most part very durable, but it seems like the volume key on the wire could be easily broken if put under a decent amount of pressure. Other than this they seem to be very durable.

Nothing special

Comments about Apple Earpods with Remote and Mic:

In all honesty, the only reason why I use these headphones is because they come with the iPhone and I don't want to waste them. In my opinion, they are just your standard headphones. The sound quality might be a little better than average, but when I listen to music, people tell me that they can hear everything when they're next to me. Also, the earbuds don't really stay in my ears, and they often fall out, especially when I go running. I really do like the remove and mic though. It makes changing songs and volume much easier!

Nothing more than ok..

Comments about Apple Earpods with Remote and Mic:

These earpods have a pretty decent sound and they sit ok in your ears when you're sitting still, but they are not very useful for sports activities like running (which is what I mainly bought them for).

Sound Quality
The sound is not great, but it's good enough.

They look good.

• Comfort:

Affordable just not long lasting if you tangle your headphones!

from California

Comments about Apple Earpods with Remote and Mic:

If you're someone who gets your headphones tangled often then these would be a pain to own however why these headphones are exceptional to me is that they have warranty! Apple gives you 1 year warranty so if your headphones do break - you can get a new refurbished one free!

Sound Quality
The sound quality of the headphones are fine. I am not a music enthusiast however I use my headphones often (majority of the day) while talking on the phone and I have no problems with the sound quality. My conversations on the phone are clear and have no miscommunication.

Comfort
The headphones do not fit my ears well compared to the older generation of these Apple headphones. After a few hours of being in my ear, my ears ache and hurt. On average I can wear these headphones for about 2 hours.

I like the sleek look of the headphones and they're white (matches my Apple iPhone5).

The durability of these headphones are not the greatest, especially if you're someone who tangles cords easily! I don't know how and why but my headphones always tangle, and after being tangled for awhile the headphones break! They break by not being able to hear in the earphones. In one year, I have gotten 3 headphones (2 of 3 which were replacements). What's great is that these headphones have a warranty so you can bring it back to the Apple store and get a new (refurbished one) at no charge!

• Comfort:

Highly improved design and sound!

Comments about Apple Earpods with Remote and Mic:

I got my EarPods with my new iPhone 5c. Somehow, I was totally unaware that Apple had developed new earbuds until I opened the box. I was never a big fan of the old design because they were so uncomfortable to wear and the sound quality was really average among earbuds.

All I can say is that these are so amazing. The comfort is far, FAR superior to the old design, which used to pain my ears within 10-15 minutes of putting them in. When I turned the music on I was VERY impressed with the quality of the sound, as well.

SOUND: It was right. Perhaps even better than my "Skullcandy," of which I remain a fan.

FIT: Amazing. I have extremely narrow ear canals , and was not sure these would fit, much less stay in, my ear. They do.

Moreover, they are more comfortable for me than the common type which use latex adapters-- and I always had to use with the smallest (and still too big) size I could find. This is great.

MICROPHONE: Not a big deal for me, as I rarely talk on the phone, but Siri understands me perfectly and I use for taking flawless dictation on my iPad Mini.

DURABILITY: Average. Not the most durable, my first pair lasted less than 6 months.

All-in-all, it feels like I got a bonus with my iPhone with these EarPods!

Not worth the price

Comments about Apple Earpods with Remote and Mic:

I'm disappointed in Apple. I shouldn't really be surprised, but these are not worth the money they cost. I go through headphones like that and Apple headphones have lasted for only just a little longer than cheap skull candy pairs or not brand name headphones.

Sound Quality
It sounds fine but not amazing. I feel like it's a little softer than others because it does really "suction" into your ear, if you catch my drift. You have to turn the volume up for the same level of sound from other headphones.

Comfort
This is my greatest pet peeve. They fit okay and don't bother me, but do you know what does bother me? When every other freaking second they fall out of my ears and I have to put them back. These headphones fall out so easily that it's actually ridiculous and it drives me crazy. But as long as you don't move, they aren't a problem.

They do look nice, I must admit. The bass might be better than the old version of Apple headphones because of the way they have that speaker on the flat side as well.

Again, these last a little longer than cheaper brands, but cost too much to be worth it.

• Comfort:

Expensive for an earbud but still good nonetheless

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Apple Earpods with Remote and Mic:

These are the headphones that came along with my IPhone 5C when I bought it. They're definitely a step up from the old Apple headphones. The quality of the sound is much better, and they stay in my ears without falling out which is a plus. The design is much more sleek and high quality feeling. I use these headphones when I run on a treadmill or use the elliptical at my gym. I can hear the music I'm listening to without the distractive talking or background noise. I also like that you can change the volume right from your headphones, and it even has a mic which is great.

I wouldn't buy these if they didn't come with my IPhone because they are over priced, but I'm happy that I have these. My boyfriend even gave me his because he doesn't like them so I have two. They've lasted me awhile, and I've never had a pair break on me yet.

Sound Quality
The sound isn't the highest or best quality that you could get, but the sound is still really good for ear bud headphones. It's a step up from the old Apple headphones. The sound is very clear.

Comfort
They changed the design so these ear phones feel more molded to my ear. They are very comfortable and whenever I wear them I can't even tell they are there.

They updated the design on these headphones. They fit into my ear better without falling out all the time.

As long as you take care of them and don't abuse them they will last along time. The only time I've had these break is when I've stepped on them.