View more laptops

Apple 13.3" MacBook Notebook

Pros

Cons

• Speed/Performance:

The best investment in a laptop computer that I ever made.

The Apple Macbook is an absolutely smart investment when it comes to buying a laptop computer. Most computers will basically crash out after 1-3 years due to low upgrades, viruses, modems breaking down, things eventually falling apart, etc. The Macbook is an excellent computer for any age. You do not have to worry about a virus crashing your computer because these computers cannot get viruses. Apple products also have a one year warranty included on all their products and you can extend the warranty to 3 years if you desire. Apple also always has a way to fix your computer, just make your appointment and they will fix it. I have also never had such an easy time on the internet since I got the macbook. The internet is so much faster with my wifi. You can also save your favorites a lot easier and just pull right up on the Apple Safari search. Visually is so much easier. The computer also has an amazing battery. I can have it unplugged and working on it anywhere from 5-10 hours, great for homework or business. The computer also lets you know about updates and you can easily keep updating it, which you are going to want too so you can keep your computer fresh and lasting. You can also do almost everything on the keyboard. You can control the volume, the display lighting, watching your dvds, etc and it's all just on the keyboard not a whole bunch of extra things taking up space on your computer. The Macbook may not have games like solitaire, but it does have so much more like a photo book, a photo booth, imovie, ichat, a built in webcam and microphone, a built in address book and so much more. And you can even put word on a Macbook as well, just get Word for Mac. The one negative thing I do have to say about the Macbook is the track pad also known as the mouse pad. It is not like a mouse pad on a regular Netbook with a right and left click. You do have to learn all the secret codes to it but once you do it become very natural. However, the trackpad is very vulnerable. Dust, crumbs, and pet hair can get under it very easily causing it not to work which means you will have to take it to Apple Genius Bar to get it fixed, and they do not have any kind of protective device for it. I bought a mouse for my Macbook which I prefer better anyway. Apple supplies and Macbooks may be pricy but it so worth it. I don't think I will have to buy another computer for a really long time. I think I will ever have to get rid of this. I have known people with Macbooks that are 10 years old. Buy the Macbook it is totally worth it.

It's Dinner Time. You Want it?

The MacBook is probably the most popular computer... But it's awful. First of all, the track pad thing is annoying and will zoom in when you want to scroll, or vice versa. I like taquitos. The web browser that comes with it (Safari) is really bad. It is slow and annoying. Each year, millions of people get eaten from being RickRoll'd by Safari. The built in camera is nice, but it takes bad quality photos (CHUCK NORRIS) and is pointless. I mean, you should have a camera or at least a camera phone. The computer is way overpriced. People obsess over how small it is, but the speaker is smaller than your pinky nail. Not to meantion that the sound quality is horrible. People also claim that on the Mac it is eaisier to store and move files. This is not true. I have had many problems trying to do this. I know this is kind of random, but the thing that realeases heat from the computer is right below the screen so the screen gets foggy. You need to clean the screen a lot. There are only two good things about this computer. One it has long lasting battery. Two it is very sleek even though the keyboard is rough. You would be better off buying a Dell or Visio.

The apple macbook notebook is a great computer

from Pierceton, IN

Comments about Apple 13.3" MacBook Notebook:

This was one of the first apple products my husband and I had purchased. We heard great things about this version of the Macbook, from friends who also own this computer, and we decided to purchase one ourselves. One of the first perks of an apple computer is not having to worry about viruses or purchasing virus-free preventions programs. This computer is a perfect size and fairly light weight We love the power plug magnet system that hooks on to the computer. If the power plug is accidently pulled out, you don't have to worry about it hurting the prongs of the power source, which is great! The battery life is great, which is perfect for vacations or long trips. I would definitely recommend this computer for anyone looking for a quality product!

Battery Life
Make sure you do not leave your computer on and plugged in all the time. I did this, and it burned out the battery. According to my husband, you are supposed to let the computer "die" once a month or so, and let it fully charge again.

Mac is the Way to Go!

from Pardeeville, WI

Comments about Apple 13.3" MacBook Notebook:

Ever since I received my Macbook I have been using it nonstop! I am taking college classes online and having a reliable computer really makes life a lot easier. Prior to getting my Macbook I was stuck using one of the school's PCs and I had a hard time getting things done because the system was always needing to be rebooted. This new Mac has NEVER needed to be rebooted like the PC did. One of the things like the most is that Mac has a "Force Quit" option when an program, such as Microsoft Word, is not functioning properly. This option easily remedies the program errors and makes the Macbook very easy to use.

The Macbook comes with a very unique track pad, which I find rather fascinating and really easy to use. This track pad is very large and spacious. The neat thing about it is that the whole track pad clicks to select! Another thing that I really enjoy is the two finger scrolling on the track pad and the three-finger "swipe" to navigate backwards and forwards. This computer is truly designed for ease of use in mind!

Speed/Performance
After a couple of years this computer does seem to slow down a bit. I find that I am waiting longer for programs and applications to load nowadays verses when it was new. Even though it seems to be running a bit slower I'm still very thrilled with it! :)

I really wish that the computer did not collect so much dirt. The bottom of it especially being rubber collects dirt and smudge marks like no ones business. Thank God for Mr. Clean Magic Erasers!! Takes the dirt off like it is nothing.

My MacBook rocks!!

from Boise, ID

Comments about Apple 13.3" MacBook Notebook:

Got my first Apple product five months ago and I LOVE it! The MacBook is so much better than the six PCs I have previously owned. I've had a Dell, Gateway, HP and three Compaqs and this MacBook blows them all away. And it's the smallest, entry-level MacBook! It's easy to set up, has eight to ten hours of battery life (depending on what programs you're running), is light-weight and comes loaded with programs. I use iPhoto for photo management and editing, iMovie for home video editing, Photo Booth for making funny photos. It comes with a music editing software, Garage Band, but I haven't used that yet. The web browser, Safari blows Windows Explorer out of the water. I've used it five months and it's never crashed or frozen up. My husband's netbook is newer and has already frozen up several times. It powers on quickly and commands take just a few seconds. I will never own another PC.  It was more expensive than it's PC counterparts, but well worth it because it will perform like new for a long time whereas I would want a new PC after less than a year (in my experience) because they slow down so much. Plus I can trade this MacBook in for credit when I want to upgrade in a few years. Only downside, no firewire port.

Went from PC to mac and had no problems navigating the system.

Battery Life
From a fully-charged battery, I get 8-10 hours of battery life, depending on what apps I run.

Support & Service
Apple is easy to contact and has easy-to-understand info on it's web site.

Speed/Performance
Have had macbook for year and half, get the dreaded rainbow wheel every couple of days but system rarely freezes up (happen maybe 4 times in year and half).

• Speed/Performance:

Apple Macbooks are GREAT!!!!

from Joplin, MO

Comments about Apple 13.3" MacBook Notebook:

I recently purchased an Apple Macbook. I've had an iBook and  a Powerbook, but when I needed a new computer, I wanted to go the next step up and get a Macbook! I'm certainly not disappointed! It's super fast and works GREAT!!! I wasn't sure if I'd see much diference between my Powerbook and the Macbook, but I do. The Macbook is definitely faster! I think I'll be spoiled after using it. I love the easy to use features of the Leopard opporating system. With the great Help option included in all the menu bars, it's easy to figure out how to do something even if you've never done it before. I also love the fact that I can download and use Microsoft Silverlight with this computer which I couldn't with the Powerbook. That will come in handy. Macbooks are also nice and small and easy to carry around with you. The wide screen is great for watching movies too. The webcam was a fun bonus on this laptop too.

I would definitely recommend getting a Macbook! You won't regret it.

Best Laptop I ever had

from Waltham, MA

Comments about Apple 13.3" MacBook Notebook:

My husband is a huge fan of Apple products and so he gifted me this laptop on our anniversary. This laptop is really very sleek and its looks pretty and portable too so it makes it easier to carry. It is definitely very fast especially to any windows laptop. I love to do video chats and so I use its webcam a lot. Also, I am a huge fan of photography so I capture my photographs and keep them in my iphoto. Also the the feature of photo booth is great. I can sit for hours playing with it. I was a bit skeptical to switch from a windows laptop at first but now I can tell every windows user to switch from a windows laptop to a macbook. I have used a lot of windows laptops be it Dell, Sony, HP or Acer but a macbook beats them all. I have it for more than two years now and it hasn't let me down. I also love my Macbook as I am now very good with technology and it is very easy to use and user friendly.

Apple 13.3" MacBook Notebook works very well

from Milpitas, CA

Comments about Apple 13.3" MacBook Notebook:

Apple 13.3" MacBook Notebook works very well and it is awesome.  The style is nice, the OS is not subject to virus, and it is easy to setup.  The display is nice, the speaker is loud, the machine is fast, the wireless is working, the built in Wecam works very well. I am very a happy with it.  The machine is styling.  The surface is easily dirty and being scratch though, but I lot of people buy protective cover for it.  It is just another extra thing for this expensive machine.  Oh Yeah, the cons is that this is very expensive.  But being that is so nice and light weight I really don't mind paying for more.  After you use this mac you  would never want to go back to the pc anymore.  You will not get thousands of upgrade of the os right after you boot it up just like the the pc. I have never had any virus invaded this machine since I bought it, and I had it for awhile. It machine is well worth the price.

• Speed/Performance:

This is a great for getting things done quickly and with ease.

from Tekonsha, MI

Comments about Apple 13.3" MacBook Notebook:

MacBooks run great with very few problems. I have never had a problem with my MacBook. No freezing, crashing, or memory loss. It runs smooth and quickly.

This computer is capable of having a large memory storage, and a pretty good amount of RAM. Mine has a 320 GB hardrive, and 2 GB of RAM. I also have the new Lion operating system and my computer runs it without any problems.

I haven't experienced any cracks along the edges where they can be found quite often. As long as you're careful and don't bump it on a bunch of stuff, it shouldn't be a problem. My battery runs for at least 3 to 3.5 hours with the brightness at about half.

This computer doesn't have the newer trackpads that allow you to do more swiping motions to take place of some of the keyboard shortcuts. However, you are able to get a plugin trackpad for that.

Outstanding In Everyway

from East Longmeadow, MA

Comments about Apple 13.3" MacBook Notebook:

Customer Service is an excellent asset to this company. By far a superior laptop. No viruses for me. Ya you pay more upfront costs but you will have to pay for problems if you buy less of a laptop. I can do so much with this. It is also for me portable.

Apple has done it again

from Pomona, NY

Comments about Apple 13.3" MacBook Notebook:

WOW!!WOW, this product can't get any better!! With it's lighting speed internet and wonderful feautures, What can I say. If you look in the dictornary for amazing you'll probably see the Mac Notebook. This was actually my first laptop after I had gotton a job. I heard so many great reviews on it, I heard that the internet was fast and that came with a boat load of cool features. I didn't belive till I had gotton my own. I had being wishing for a laptop every since I was a KID.I always knew that the only way I coiuld get it is if I had my own job and made my own money. I loved to use this laptop. It was both easy to use and energy efficent. I could'nt believe apple came out with such a product like this. Every since I been hooked to using only Apple products. I was a bot pricy at the time I was buying/ I had to say up like a months worth of money to buy it. But I never regret making that decison,

The MacBook may be the best computer EVER!

from Pickens, SC

Comments about Apple 13.3" MacBook Notebook:

My husband and I knew we had to buy a new computer after our last computer almost died, leaving us without our daughter and son's pictures from birth forward. We knew that we couldn't risk losing all that history, and keeping all of those pictures only on flashdrives, was not a viable option. Because of that, we decided to become Mac people. We bought the Mac, and I couldn't be happier. I was worried that the 13.3 inch screen would be too small, but because it is so very clear, I am very pleased. Another feature that we have come to love is the iChat feature. We have friends who live across the country from us, and being able to chat with them face-to-face is incredible. The computer is also incredibly easy to use. I was worried that the transition from a Mac from a PC would be very difficult, but it really isn't. We were able to install Microsoft Word and Excel on the computer, so it really isn't any different. I would recommend this computer to anyone looking for a new machine.