Other Baby Monitors:
Movement Baby Monitors
Angelcare
201-US-1CG
Angelcare Movement Sensor and Sound Monitor (One Unit)

Angelcare Movement Sensor and Sound Monitor (One Unit)

Pros

Cons

I never would have slept without the Angelcare monitor.

I have an irrational fear of many things, not the least of which is Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.  As soon as my child was born, I knew my days of sound sleep were over.  In the hospital, I stayed awake at night watching him breathe.  I napped during the day while there were other people in the room to make sure he was breathing when he was asleep.  The terrifying thing about SIDS is that there are no symptoms and no cures.  Once it is done, it's done.  I knew I had to take precautions if I ever wanted to get any semblance of sleep while my child was tiny.

Enter the Angelcare movement monitor.  This was one of the first items I registered for and one of the first things that was set up while we were nesting.  I kept my son in a bassinet beside my bed for the first four months of his life, and the Angelcare monitor was in there.  If we traveled, the Angelcare monitor went with us.  It really gave me such peace of mind to know that if he stopped breathing I would be alerted.  I felt like I could relax a little and get some sleep while he was sleeping instead of watching over him to make sure he was still breathing.  I know I sound paranoid, but I needed to take every precaution available to me to keep my baby safe.

Thankfuly, we never had any SIDS scares.  My child is now over a year old and outside the SIDS risk window, so I have stopped using the movement sensor pad because he moves around so much in his sleep that the alarm would sound when he wiggled off the pad.  But I still use the monitor as a sound monitor, and it works very well for that.

I highly recommend the Angelcare monitor for new parents who are concerned about SIDS, and to parents in general.  I am certain that when my son is in a toddler bed I will start using the movement monitor again so I will know if he has gotten out of the bed!

Not worth the money if your child can roll

I purchased the Angel Care monitor before my child turned 2 months old, because I have read that the risk for SIDS is the highest between two and four months of age.
Read complete review

For about a month, it worked great. It gave me peace of mind that my son was healthy, and alive.

Then, when he turned 3 months, he learned how to roll. The false alarms started. We started to get a false alarm every few days. I turned up the sensitivity, but it still happened. The first time the alarm sounded, my husband and I sprinted out of our bed, and ran into our baby's room, turning on his light to see if he was ok. Of course, he was sound asleep, but with all the comotion, we woke him up. I had to spend the next twenty minutes getting him back to sleep.

Once he reached 4 months, he moved off of the alarm not only at night, but also during naps. I finally decided to take the monitor out because it was just not worth it. It was like the little boy that cried wolf. I'm just thankful that nothing did happen to him, because if after all those false alarms something was wrong with him, we would not have rushed in there like we did initially.

This monitor is not even proven to prevent SIDS. I would advise new parents or parents to be not to waste their money on this product. Just get a video monitor instead.

Oh, and the parent units only had static coming out of them.

Finally able to sleep!

Comments about Angelcare Movement Sensor and Sound Monitor (One Unit):

I was rather surprised when I found out I was having twins and instantly thought, there goes my sleep! They were born at 36 weeks but were only a little over 4 pounds so I had some concerns. My twins not only looked different, but everything about them seemed different, down to the way they slept. My one twin would only sleep on her stomach. I was told this was not allowed. The only way she was sleeping was if we would hold her against our chests. The minute we would go to put her down she would cry and scream. We did not know what we were going to do. My friend told me of the Angel monitor. We immediately went out and purchased it. It was great. We were finally able to get some rest without the fear of something happening to our baby. It was also very portable, which was great if we went places or she was staying with a relative. It was also very easy to set up and use. My only complaint was at times it would go off and everything was fine. Overall I would recommend this product, it puts the parents mind at ease and allows everyone to get some much needed rest.

• Sound/Video Clarity:
  • Interference:
  • Portability:

A Must Have for New Parents

from Bedminster, NJ

Comments about Angelcare Movement Sensor and Sound Monitor (One Unit):

When I heard about the Angelcare Monitor I immediately knew it was what I was looking for. My daughter only likes to sleep on her tummy and hates to be swaddled. This product works amazing. My husband and I set it up and used a board under the bassinet mattress as others suggested and it worked great. We tested it dozens of times and it never failed.

We have had NO false alarms and thankfully no real ones either. This is a must have for every parent/grandparent/caregiver of a tummy sleeper. You should always check on your little one but this serves as a great added sense of security. Hospitals and pediatricians should recommend this product. There is little information about them out there and it really could be a life saver. Of everything we have purchased or received this is my most valued item for baby.

Once your child starts to move around while they are sleeping you can get a false alarm as they move off the sensor pad entirely.  This product was great for our newborn thru the first six months or so.  We sold ours after we no longer needed it and recovered most of the initial cost.

Sleeping like a baby

from Longview, WA

Comments about Angelcare Movement Sensor and Sound Monitor (One Unit):

We chose this monitor when we had our little girl because I was super scared about SIDS. I know it doesn't prevent against SIDS, but it helped me have peace of mind and allowed me to let my baby sleep out of my room.

The only thing that I didn't like, was the sensitivity on the monitor. We adjusted the monitor several times, (following the directions in the manual) but it just wouldn't pick up movement from my daughter when she would roll up onto her side. The only other times the alarm would sound were a couple of times when she rolled over to the very edge of the bed and it didn't sense her moving anymore.

She is now 10 months old and we are still using the monitor, just not the sensor part. The range is good and the receiver works throughout our entire house. We actually had to move unit that is in the baby's room further from her crib because the sound was so sensitive we could practically hear her breathing!

Great peace of mind

from Milan, IL

Comments about Angelcare Movement Sensor and Sound Monitor (One Unit):

This product is amazing for its special feature. I would have not slept at all for the first several months after we brought my daughter home without it. I debated early on about getting it, as it wasa more expensive monitor. The first week or so every time I started to fall asleep or woke up I felt the need to check on her. This allowed me to sleep much more comfortably. I have heard of others have a lot of "false alarms" but we had very few. We were able to use it in both the bassinet and the crib. I took some adjusting at first with each location, but it did not take long.

As for as using the for an actual monitor it is not so great. There is a lot of static and feedback so it is hard to sleep with it turned up very loud. I have set it on both chanels and tried it in various parts of the house. While some locations are better than other I seem to have the problem no matter what. Once you are no longer using the movement sensor I would recommend a seperate monitor.

Best investment for peace of mind!

from Mankato, MN

Comments about Angelcare Movement Sensor and Sound Monitor (One Unit):

A friend lended me our first Angelcare movement and sound monitor.  I can't tell you how glad I am that she introduced me to this product!  I loved it so much that I couldn't imagine not having it for future children.  After I returned the original monitor to my friend, I went out and bought one for our family to keep.  I have used it for all three of my children.  There was no way I would have ever gotten a good night's sleep without the Angelcare monitor.  There were a couple of times when we were visiting someone and I didn't have the monitor and it drove me nuts!  It is small enough that we did bring it with us when we were traveling.  We cut a board to fit the 'Pack and Play' and then set the Angelcare monitor on top of that and then next laid down the mattress.  It worked like a charm!  Yes, there will be false alarms.  It depends mostly on how active your baby is when she's sleeping.  One of my children would roll all the way to the edge of the crib and always slept in that far corner.  She would then be out of range of the motion detector and the alarm would go off.  She was a sound sleeper and we would just get out of bed and moved her over to the center of her crib and then we'd all go back to sleep.  Keep in mind this didn't happen all the time, just occassionally.  Personally, I would rather be awaken once in awhile, then lay awake in bed worrying all the time.

Great except for the false alarms...

from Canton, OH

Comments about Angelcare Movement Sensor and Sound Monitor (One Unit):

my husband and i were given this monitor as a shower gift because of my fear of sids! its great if you have a child heavy enough for it to register...the first night home we had a horrible time with false alarms (my daughter was around 6.5 lbs) my husband sat up for hours watching her breathe to make sure it was just the monitor giving false alarms! as she got bigger the false alarms became less and less but did still happen. we decided that they were worth the peace of mind to have to get up and check when it went off rather than to not use it and then have something horrible happen!! we did quit using the sensor part when she turned about 13months and now just use the sound part of the monitor and everything has been great!!! all in all this is a good monitor to have peace of mind if you are like me and have a horrible fear of sids! just be preparded for the false alarms and running in to check on your child!

The Bebe Sounds AngelCare Monitor let me rest easy!

from Seymour, IN

Comments about Angelcare Movement Sensor and Sound Monitor (One Unit):

As a nurse, I have heard many horror stories regarding SIDS. Naturally, I was terrified when I first became a mother that I would find my son lifeless in his crib. In addition to using no pillows, blankets or bumper pads in his crib, I purchased the Bebe Sounds AngelCare Movement and Sound Monitor. This was the single best purchase I have ever made in baby care. While you can't rely on it alone to protect your baby from SIDS, it does offer peace of mind. The movement sensor is extremely sensitive to movement, it is astounding. Baby does not necessarily need to be directly above it either. I only got a handful of false alarms, where the monitor would alarm and I would go and find my baby sleeping and breathing peacefully, but I would rather have false alarms than no alarm at all. The only drawback I noticed is the monitor does not have the best sound, and it would pick up the neighbor's monitor on occaision as well. Even so, I would purchase it again, just for the peace of mind it offers!

Angelcare are the best monitors out there

from Montgomery, TX

Comments about Angelcare Movement Sensor and Sound Monitor (One Unit):

Before our son was born I knew, I just knew that I was going to be one of those nervous parents; constantly checking on their newborn to make sure they are still breathing, jumping at every noise, never sleeping! It is just how I am, so when I came across the Angelcare Movement and Sound Monitor it was like the answer to my (soon to be) problems. We have used the first generation of Angelcare movement and sound monitor in mini and regular Arm's reach cosleepers, pack and plays, cribs, air mattresses and now in a twin bed without any issues whatsoever. We have had a *few* false alarms but after figuring out how to change the sensitivity and where to place the sensor pad we are good to go. And honestly, I would rather false alarms over nothing!

The sound quality of the monitor is good too, rechargable batteries last a good while and I like that it is nice and simple, no fancy electronic bits to break or die, which is what happened to our digital Angelcare monitor from my son dropping it so much... would buy this monitor again in a heartbeat and will be for the next kid!

AngelCare helps Mom to sleep a little better!

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Angelcare Movement Sensor and Sound Monitor (One Unit):

The AngelCare system was purchased for me as a gift for my 1st daughter. I was a nervous wreck about SIDS and everything being a 1st time mom. Once she was in her Crib and the movement sensor was on I was able to breathe a little easier. I saved the monitor and everything so that we could use it for our next child. 4 years later and it still works perfectly! My husband loves it because its so easy to use. Nothing negative about this at all! It truly gives me a little more comfort when going to bed that I know if her breathing changes in less than a minute i will be by her side finding out why.

Excellent monitor, movement monitor not so much

from Fenton, MI

Comments about Angelcare Movement Sensor and Sound Monitor (One Unit):

I recieved this monitor for my daughter when she was just 3 months old and being a first time mom, you are always paranoid about your child so having this movement pad under the mattress was a great way to find out if your baby stops moving or breathing in the middle of the night. Well...peace of mind was lost when the movement alert kept going off! I quit using it because I turned the sensitivity down and it was constantly going off, alerting me that my child wasn't moving. The sound monitor however is AMAZING!! I bought another set with my 2nd daughter because I loved the sound monitor sooo much. It is crystal clear and there are 2 different recievers which is great for us. Over all I would recommend the product because of the monitor its self, but not the movement detector.