3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

Shaved off part of the roll, but kept same number of 2ply sheets

In the midst of the rise of grocery, household and other product prices, especially since the fast rate rise of fuel costs, I've noticed some products are finding creative ways to keep the price the same without actually losing profits, by altering the product in a way that you do not realize you are getting less.

Did anyone notice that there were fewer Girl Scout Cookies in the boxes in 2008 than in previous years' boxes?   But the Price per Box remained the same in spite of rising shipping costs.  Some boxes had an obvious shorter sleeve of cookies, some boxes had a more subtle new cookie separator tray, allowing 1/2 the cookies as previously packaged.  Hmmm.

My main example of the creative product packaging is Angel Soft Toilet Tissue manufactured by Georgia Pacific, who also manufactures Northern Toilet Tissue.

Whereas in the past, Northern was the superior quality tissue, that has changed over the past 3 to 5 years.  I feel Angel Soft is now a more superior product in its softness, thickness & quilting.

However, I NOTICED something that few people WOULD notice.  Since I'm a "stockpile" type shopper, paying the lowest possible price, and buying quantity & stocking items we use most often, when there is a SALE and/or Coupon Opportunity . . . . I had the opportunity to NOTICE a short-coming in the Angel Soft Tissue packaging.

I generally purchase the Angel Soft 12-Double-Roll sized packages.  When I came home one day and proceeded to rotate my stock & shelf my products, I noticed something immediately different between old and newer purchases of the exact same product package.

I checked to make sure that the packages contained the same number of rolls, same number of tissue plys, same number of sheets per roll in every package.  They were exactly the same in every way, EXCEPT . . . . are you ready for this? . . . . .

The packages were not the same height, by about 1 full inch.

I then took out a tape measure and immediately found that the width of the rolls in older packages was 1/8" to 1/4" wider than the newer rolls in the same 12-double- roll packages.

Hmmm.  What a creative way to lessen the product in the package and still be able to use the same previous product descriptions regarding number of roll and number of sheets per roll.  They shaved off part of the end of the roll.  Or rather, they lessened the width of the cardboard roll & all tissues on the roll.

Same 2-ply thickness, Same number of sheets per roll.  BUT . . . Shorter Roll from left to right.

For years, I used Northern Toilet Tissue.  But Angel Soft has surpassed Northern in paper quality on the roll.

Not sure why Northern's product specifications changed and the prices continued to raise anyway for THAT product.

I'll be sticking with Angel Soft until something better AND affordable comes along.

~emissary belle

Angel Soft Toilet Tissue - It is what it is

Angel Soft Toilet Tissue Double Rolls is a budget-conscious choice.  In the Jumbo Pack, which includes 36 Double Rolls, it's an even better bargain.

Angel Soft is definitely not the...Read complete review

Angel Soft is definitely not the softest tissue out there in the marketplace.  Between a softness range of 1-10, I'd say it was a 5.  However, the sheets are 2-ply, strong, won't poke through and are quilted for decent absorbancy.

If you like to compare square footage, the Jumbo Pack contains 1,200 square feet, 300 sheets per roll and is equal to 36 regular rolls.  Angel Soft is Septic Safe and is unscented - which is a plus for me.

If your family is looking to have their bottoms caressed by the softest tissue around and want a tissue that smells like the morning dew in a lush, green meadow, then you'd better look elsewhere.

If you're looking for a budget-priced tissue that gets the job done, then Angel Soft Toilet Tissue Jumbo Pack is your tissue of choice.

Larger core in tissue

from Midland, MI

Comments about Angel Soft Double Roll Bathroom Tissue:

I recently purchased a double roll 36 pack of Angel Soft bathroom tissue. I was disappointed that the core (the tube at the center of the roll) is significantly larger than it used to be. This is very disappointing. I feel that this is deceptive packaging and is being used to give the consumer the impression that there is more toilet paper on the roll than there is.

Have used this brand exclusively for nearly 12 years!

Comments about Angel Soft Double Roll Bathroom Tissue:

When my husband and I bought our first motor home we were warned by the sales personnel at the RV dealership to use only toilet paper that would break up and dissolve when flushed into the waste holding tank. If we didn't we would end up with toilet paper clogging the tank and waste outlet plumbing. At that time we were only aware of the specialized toilet paper sold in the RV parts and supply area of the stores. It wasn't cheap, but we knew we didn't want to have anything happen and cause expensive repairs.

About a year into our RV travels, we ended up at a rally of fellow RV travelers. We attended a workshop for new travelers that featured tips and tricks for new RV'ers. One of the first tips was "quit buying that expensive specialty toilet paper and use Angel Soft toilet paper instead!" The experts had tested different brands and found that Angel Soft was perfectly safe for the RV waste system! Yahoo!!! That was a money saving idea that we took straight to the bank! We have used Angel Soft ever since and still do even though there are more brands now that claim they are safe. We find Angel Soft to be soft enough for our bottoms, and thick enough to not fall apart in our fingers when using it. I love the double roll size, it lasts longer so I don't have to shop as often.

I recommend Angel Soft Bathroom Tissue to anyone who wants an economical brand that performs well.

Comfort
Angel Soft is soft to touch and doesn't aggravate my skin.

Unlike some other tissue that I have used in other restrooms, Angel Soft does not fall apart in my fingers and I don't have to use 17 sheets to get the job done!

Absorption
With a small amount of sheets I find that absorption is sufficient to get the job done.

• Absorption:

A great toilet paper at a great price!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Angel Soft Double Roll Bathroom Tissue:

I have used this toilet paper for years. I started using this toilet paper one week when I didn't have a lot of grocery money and I just needed something cheap. I have always been a fan of double rolls over single rolls, so I gave Angel Soft a shot. I was glad I did. I added this product to our weekly grocery list. Many times this item was on sale and I was all for it because it did the job of getting you clean well. I know that you can get these packs in all different sizes as well. You can find this toilet paper at most stores also. I thought that this paper worked just as well as the more name brand papers out there. It was soft enough for me and cleaned well. The paper absorbed well and was pretty strong. I know there are better toilet papers out there, but I don't always need a fancy toilet paper just to go to the bathroom, especially if I can find some at half the price. I would recommend giving Angel Soft double rolls a try. You may find you switch your brand!

Comfort
It was pretty comfortable for toilet paper. I've used toilet paper that was softer, but I've also used toilet paper that was worse. I would give it a thumbs up for comfort.

This paper is pretty strong. It holds up for bathroom time.

Absorption
I think that this toilet paper absorbs well. It is thick enough to get the job done.

Best thing in the world

Comments about Angel Soft Double Roll Bathroom Tissue:

I love buying the double roll pacts of angel soft. The double rolls really do last a super long time. Not having to buy toilet paper every week is a blessing. It's also great in cutting back on those embarrassing moments of running out of toilet paper while handling your business.

It used to be soft, now it is the same quality as cheap 1-ply.

from Queens, NY

Comments about Angel Soft Double Roll Bathroom Tissue:

Being an Angel Soft customer for years now, I am severely disappointed by their new product formula/manufacturing.

I know opinion is subjective, but if you have an older roll of Angel Soft's TP, you can definitely feel the difference. Their new TP has a more gray color to it, compared to the more off-white of the older stuff.

The new TP has been used for about 2 weeks in my household and the verdict has been unanimous, that it does not feel up to par on the quality that we have expected from this company. The new toilet paper is very scratchy, and gives the feeling that you have spent your money on a more cheaper, inferior product.

I used to love Angel Soft, but after using it lately it makes me wonder if I should try another brand.

Angel Soft works and is affordable.

from Springfield, MO

Comments about Angel Soft Double Roll Bathroom Tissue:

Angel Soft Double Roll toilet paper is our brand of choice when it is on sale. Angel Soft is what to Northern what Luvs is to Pampers. They seem like they are made by the same company, they just remove a bit of thickness from the Northern and boom, you have Angel Soft, but for much less money. Angel Soft is soft, absorbs as well as Northern, but is just a bit thinner. It still leaves some fuzz behind, but most toilet papers do. It is not scented, which is a must for toilet papers in my opinion. The thinness means it does not last as long as other toilet paper rolls, but since it is so much cheaper, Angel Soft is still worth a buy. Some cheaper toilet papers fall apart really easily or can even cause rashes from being so rough, but Angel Soft definitely is not one of those. It really is true to its name and is soft, never rough, and it does not fall apart easily. I'd say that anyone should try this toilet paper, and you will continue to buy it, especially when it is on sale.

Not So Fast

from Fletcher, OK

Comments about Angel Soft Double Roll Bathroom Tissue:

Angel Soft is good if you are on a budget. It does pretty well until you have a tummy problem and then after two or three uses, it feels really harsh. If you are in a hurry and open a new roll, you better plan on being late because it is really hard to get it started.

Angel soft bath tissue is the best!

from Ellington, MO

Comments about Angel Soft Double Roll Bathroom Tissue:

Angel soft bathroom tissue is our favorite bathroom tissue. It is soft and comfortable without being too soft and leaving lint in places it should not be. It is also strong enough not to leave you exposed to germs. The double rolls are somethng that we don't do without. Having a large family it ensures that I don't have to change the roll every five minutes. This toilet paper is very easy on your septic tank unlike other brands this one breaks down very easily. All septic guys reccomend this brand. Using the right toilet paper can save you money in the long run. As with most things I buy you can usually get coupons for this but really we would buy it with or without coupons. It is pretty affordable even without them.

Angel soft is just okay.

from Milton, FL

Comments about Angel Soft Double Roll Bathroom Tissue:

When it comes to the bathroom tissue I use I'm really not a picky person. I mean, think about what it's used for... I find that angel soft it definitely not as soft as more expensive brands but.. it's also not as expensive! Currently I have no children in my household. Maybe when that day comes I will be more picky about the softness of our bath tissue. My husband and I have no complaints about the bath tissue. It can definitely be affordable if you look for sales and coupons. I would be just as happy buying the cheapo brand from walmart but my husband does have a slight preference. I will continue to buy angel soft as long as the prices stay in the affordable range. I would recommend this bath tissue to anyone looking to save some money.

Angel soft is okay.

from Milton, FL

Comments about Angel Soft Double Roll Bathroom Tissue:

I have found myself purchasing angel soft the last two times we have been in need of bathroom tissue. I really can't say that it is because it is my favorite. Sometimes you just go where the sales are. This isnt the most horrible bath tissue I've used. I have been happy with the sales and COUPONS i have seen. One lady at the grocery store was surprised there was a coupon out for this. Major props to angel soft for that. The angel soft isn't as soft as other bath tissues I've used before but like I said before, it's tolerable. I mean, when it comes to what I'm wiping myself with, i just dont see the point in spending an arm and a leg. Maybe if I had kids I would pay more attention to softness.