2.3

Didn't last 8 years!

from Cleveland, Ohio

About Me Beginner

Pros

Cons

• Jams

Comments about Andersen Windows:

We had a contractor install this window. It never locked easily! The upper window kept sliding down and the lock didn't line up properly. The lock is flimsy and wiggles! Not very secure. Worse, the lower window is held up by a lousy string. I didn't take long for the string to break. I now need a replacement after only 8 years. If you want a window to last, do NOT get an Andersen! They once had a good product but obviously not any more.

Difficult to Work with

from Columbus, Ohio

About Me Avid Do-It-Yourselfer

Comments about Andersen Windows:

If you are looking for Windows and are busy I would not waste your time. I filled out an online form for a consultation, they got back to me 5 days later (on a Sunday around 9am) to schedule an appointment. Scheduled the appointment (with an email confirmation) and they called the day because they "needed more information". I was busy and not able to return the call the same day, but there was no indication my meeting would not move forward since it was ALREADY scheduled. They were to show up about 30 minutes ago, but did not. I called and was told since I didn't call back they were not coming and I could reschedule for another day. I did not even get them here to quote and my experience was already poor, so why would I reschedule and rearrange my work schedule again. I had quotes from 3 other places and the process was so much easier and quicker and I actually had someone come out and give me quotes.

disappointing experience and unacceptable quality

Comments about Andersen Windows:

I bought andersen 400 series windows through homedpot and I end up with a nightmare. The windows are way overpriced for the delivered quality. I got the casement windows with dents and the nails around the perimeter still showing. The finishing on these custom windows is very disappointing and unacceptable. It took 2 months for someone from andersen to check the windows and they sent a non-qualified person to do some patching on these windows. He wasted my time and he didn't do anything to fix the windows. Furthermore, 2 of the double hung windows don't lock properly, as the sash is off. The quality is indeed unacceptable for such expensive windows.

Poor Customer Service

Comments about Andersen Windows:

Andersen Windows has been calling me on a regular basis since I signed up at a home improvement fair. I finally set up an appt for 6 pm on a Tuesday. I left work early (I have a distance to get from work to home) so I could be there for the appt. At 4:45 I received a phone call from the service guy. He informed me that they require a minimum of 3 windows. At the time I made the appt I was very specific about the fact that it was ONE window and I wanted them to look and see if it would require a replacement part (which I suspect is the case) or required a new window (which I was prepared to do). In other words he wasn't coming unless I was doing 3 windows which he said generally was a minimum of around 1500.00. I told him that I think I should have been told that at the time the appt was set. That I had made special plans to be there for the appt and that his company would never see any future business from me. What really upset me was calling me right before the appointment to basically say I wasn't worth his time or pressure me into upsellling before he would come out. Horrible service.

Cracking, plastic, misrepresented

Comments about Andersen Windows:

My parents installed about 7 Anderson windows and one sliding door by this brand. The sliding door works well and has been installed for about 4 years. The windows are newer and only about 2 years old. The windows are terrible! The siding of some of the windows (facing the outside) are cracking already. The representative in the showroom emphasized the ease a tilt window has and even said you could clean them with one hand. That is absolutely untrue. The window is so heavy that my mom almost really hurt herself, she is lucky I was in the house. Pulling out the tilt window almost broke her arm.

Also concerning construction, the latch on the window is made of plastic. A plastic latch is what holds up the window and keeps intruders out. We did not realize it was plastic until one day it broke and fell down. My mom was horrified. She called the company who informed her that the window hardware is all made of plastic. Nothing is really metal on the window, it all is either pure plastic or they make a unique product of plastic mixed with metal.

Overall my mom is so unhappy with this company. I am too because the strings often come loose and I am the one who has to help my mom and strain myself in the process. We didn't get the cheap ones either. We ordered one of the most expensive lines they had. I hate to see what the cheaper ones are like. Save yourself some time and frustration and look elsewhere.

I would only go with Anderson windows

from Rochester, MI

Comments about Andersen Windows:

We recently had Anderson replace three of the windows that were currently in the house. A salesman came and discussed our option's of which window to go with. He was extremely respectable, knowing economy is the way it is. He spent the time listening to our questions, and reassured us of what we could expect from the windows. He did not stay to long and assured us that a gentkleman would be over to measure for the windows. Three days later, the guy came to measure the windows. A week later, 2 young guy's came & installed our Anderson windows. They were finished that day! The whole experience of using Anderson's for the windows, was extraordinary. We will be replacing other, older windows, and will only use Anderson. The window's have kept the cold air out and have contributed to the lowering of our heating bill. I was worried for the window's at first, we have an old willow tree that is about ready to come down. We had an extremely harsh storm and the branches flew. The Anderson window had one large branch hit it and nothing hurt the window. I now feel safe knowing I am protected from the element's. I have and will go on praising Anderson windows for their great product.

This was a mistake

from Knoxville, TN

Anderson Windows- Renewal By Anderson

I am sitting here while Renewal by Anderson is trying to finish up my windows. The salesman Ed Clark said- they won't have totouch the trim on the inside, well, that is definately not the case. Oh, and they don't repair what got damaged. Also, the installers come in and start laying tools on an antique walnut desk with gloss lacquer finish like its a crate. I had to go back and forth about the windows on the front of the house not being installed centered, they were going to have to trim 2 inches on one side and 4 inches on the other and argued with me when I said that wasn't going to work, hence the removed and splintered trim I now have to replace. Thank god I am here for this, they covered the trim outside with aluminum and it looks good, but I had to point out all the places that the caulk had gaps in it.I am replacing the old windows because of leaking and they are building it into the new ones? Also, the trim nails on the face, I said I want those caulked too, because of water getting in, I can see the holes around the nails where they didn't go in straight, and they tell me the nails are ribbed so no water can get in.

Do they think all home owners are stupid? My advice is stay away from this company, I wish I had and the job isn't even done.

Anderson windows are made of good quality products & affordable

from Depew, NY

Comments about Andersen Windows:

Anderson window were installed in my home over 12yrs. ago. They look like they are still brand new. There are no problems with the Anderson windows. If you are planning on buying windows theses are the best for the money.

Anderson windows have made a huge difference in our heating bill

from Flat Rock, MI

Comments about Andersen Windows:

We have begun replacing our windows in our farm house, and we can truly say that Anderson replacement windows have saved us a bundle of money in air conditioning and heating costs beside adding value to our home.  They are reasonable and we like the idea of being able to finish them the way we want.  The tip in widows make cleaning them very easy too.  Wow what a difference.  Anderson's product books give you so many ideas in home decor.   Here is a quality company.