1.5

Anderson retractable screen door 3000 series sn#0016506794

from Billings Montna

About Me Avid Do-It-Yourselfer

Comments about Andersen Storm Doors:

This ranks as one of worst products i have ever purchased. 1 out of 5 stars is rating this door to high.The window will not stay latched and opens on its own. The screen will not stay in its track, and will not stay fastened to the glass panel. Also the plastic trim between the glass panels is warped. The replacement part is $21.00. And will warp again. I will not warranty this door, or ever purchase another Anderson product. Tried to include a picture, but couldn't do it.

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Andersen Storm Doors:

We got our doors replaced in Nov. 2011, front and back doors, and the storm doors were Anderson. The model we chose was the "hiding screen" type, one of their more expensive ones. It has a door closer mechanism only on the bottom of the door. This door STINKs-- and the company's customer service is even worse. We've already gone through 3 brackets that attach the back door closer to the door frame-- they keep warping or bending out of shape, and eventually the door doesn't close properly (our front door gets used far less often-- like maybe 10% as much-- so up to now, we haven't had the same problem with the front). We lived in the this house for 21 years with the cheaper-looking storm door that was on the house when we bought it, and we never had this same problem even once. And we don't have teenaged boys who are throwing the door open violently or anything like that-- currently it's just my wife, myself and our 90-pound, 15-year old daughter in the house. When I called Anderson and tried to get them to give us credit for this door if I'd buy the more expensive model that has closers on the top and bottom of the door (figuring this would not have the same problem), they transferred me from one foreign-based customer service person to another and simply refused to do anything for me, other than sending us a "one-time" additional replacement bracket. Since we already had 3 of those brackets fail on us, I declined this offer, told them I was a very dissatisfied customer, and hung up. I would NEVER buy another Anderson product again under ANY circumstances!! I can only thank heaven that we went with a different brand of replacement windows last year and did NOT get Anderson brand windows in this house! It's one of the worst customer service experiences I've ever had in my 54-year life.

High priced. Self-store screen/storm is a disaster!

from Portsmouth, RI

Comments about Andersen Storm Doors:

I am ninety years old so the self-store screen/storm feature seemed made to order for me. I could adjust storm and screen features without having to call on a man. I bought two doors and enjoyed them for one season. At the end of this spring the self-store mechanism no longer worked on one door and was failing on the second. The screen comes loose from its track and bunches up so that it no longer rolls up. The door no longer permits any adjustment of its screen or storm window!

I protested to the company by phone and letter. Finally, after weeks of haggle, they sent me a replacement mechanism. Now I have to find someone to install it, and will soon have to go through the same procedure for the second door. Do not be seduced by the seeming convenience of being able to raise and lower the screen or storm window. The mechanism will fail after minimum use and neither retailer nor Anderson will accept any responsibility for your loss!

not so great

from Newburgh, NY

Comments about Andersen Storm Doors:

I thought it would be a good idea to spend the extra money and buy a well known brand. The problem is when you lower the glass the built in screen rolls down from inside the door, well mine ripped after about 2 uses.