Other Bakewares:

Anchor Hocking Savannah Clear Bakewear & Dinnerwear

Pros

Cons

• Doesn't Stick:

Our Anchor Hocking Bakewear works well.

Our Anchor Hocking Bake wear works well. I like our Anchor Hocking Bake wear. I don't know why, I don't really have a reason, but I feel like it is a slightly lesser bake ware to Pyrex. It IS less expensive than Pyrex, but I haven't noticed a lesser quality. Still, I prefer my Pyrex bake ware to my Anchor Hocking bake ware. My Anchor Hocking bake wear is a little more fancy looking than my Pyrex bake wear. I still put my Anchor Hocking bake wear in the dish washer. I have never had a problem with it breaking or cracking or chipping. Our Anchor Hocking Bakewear works well.

My Anchor Hocking bake wear has always preformed well. No complaints here.

I'm always happy to be able to put my baking dishes in the dishwasher as opposed to always having to wash them by hand.

Personally, I have never had a problem with durability with Anchor Hocking bake wear, but something in me just always wants to prefer Pyrex Over Anchor Hocking. Again, all of my experience has shown them to be equal, but I still personally prefer Pyrex.

Anchor Hocking comes in different designs. Some are plain and some are more fancy. I keep an old toothbrush with my cleaning products under the sink to reach the little curves in the fancy designs for cleaning.

Doesn't Stick
As with all of my cook wear, I try to always spray the pans or bake wear with a Non Stick Cooking Spray to prevent sticking. I don't know if I am just not cooking things properly, but I do tend to stick food to my cook wear when I cook and bake. Yes, even after spraying with Non Stick Cooking Spray, I sometimes still have to scrub a pan to get all of the extra food off.

Good, USA-Made Value

Anchor Hocking is about the only reasonably priced kitchen glassware product still made in the USA. Most glassware made in the USA at this time are usually artisan pieces which are much more expensive to purchase. My primary reasons for purchasing these pieces were that they were reasonably priced, and (surprise!) still made in the USA. These pieces seem to hold up fairly well, but I have been disappointed in the line molds that I find in these and other glass pieces from Anchor Hocking. The lines do not cause any issues with roughness, or scratching things; they are just unsightly to my preference. Other than that, the pieces work well for baking and serving. The glass is clear, without bubbling or warping, and seems sturdy. Dishes bake well in these pieces and the clean up is typical for a piece of this type. If you are looking for American-made, general, or all-purpose, economical baking glassware, Pyrex or Anchor are your options. I prefer Pyrex's quality over Anchor, but Anchor is less expensive.

Excellent inexpensive bake-ware

Comments about Anchor Hocking Savannah Clear Bakewear & Dinnerwear:

I am thrilled with my Anchor bakeware! Do things stick to it? Yes, but no more than any other company's bakeware. Plus, anything that is stuck comes off easily in the dishwasher or even a standard handwash. I have also found it to be super durable. I am a bit of a clutz, but this bakeware has yet to break on me!

Love my Anchor Hocking 9x13 and pie plate

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Anchor Hocking Savannah Clear Bakewear & Dinnerwear:

I registered some 10 years ago for the Anchor bakeware in a 9x13 and also received an oval pie plate. Anchor Hocking is a brand that has been around for a long time, and their products really do stand the test of time. I find that Anchor Hocking and the other brand that is just as popular are really almost one in the same. I have a 9x13 by each company and they both have held up just fine for me. It seems that Anchor has a few different varieties of bakeware, such as the pie plate or covered glass bowl. I have not used my pie plate that often, but when I need it I am glad that I have it. There is nothing worse than wanting to bake something but not having the correct utensils for it!

Pretty easy to clean, but make sure you keep it that way. If you have stuff baked on the sides, each time you use it will only bake it on even more solidly.

My Anchor pan has lasted 10+ years and is still going strong.

Love the options for different bakeware pans.

Doesn't Stick
With any glassware you will have to use some nonstick spray or Crisco with some recipes. But that is the case with all glass.

• Doesn't Stick:

Could not have picked a better on

from Staten Island, NY

Comments about Anchor Hocking Savannah Clear Bakewear & Dinnerwear:

I bought an Anchor Hocking Savannah Clear 4 Piece Bakeware Set.I made a wise decision when I purchased the set that day because it's been used over and over again. They last thru out all my cooking and baking. Anchor Hocking is about the only reasonably priced kitchen glassware product still made in the USA. I am shocked that they did not break yet, most of my past glasswear have broken after a few uses. This is one of my favorite brands as they are so thick and durable. I would chose this brand over any other brand right about now. The 9 x 9 square baking dish with a storage lid has to be my most used dish. i can make a cake and leave it in there because of the lid to store it for later. Not many glasswear comes with lids so this is a plus in my book. Glass dishes are, of course, heavier than their flimsier metal counterparts, but as long as you handle them carefully, this isn't much of an issue. It's also nice to be able to see through the sides and bottom of the pan.

A Nice Smaller Baking Dish

from Snohomish, WA

Comments about Anchor Hocking Savannah Clear Bakewear & Dinnerwear:

The 9 x 9 square baking dish with a storage lid has been in my kitchen for a few years. Its main use has been the occasional fruit crumble. It could be a very useful tool if I baked more small things, but it is good to have on hand as backup or overflow from my big rectangle baking dish. This product gets a 4 because I have never used the lid. It doesn't fit properly (too baggy), but is awkward to remove because of the material and how it hooks over the handle.

In my opinion, this product is just as good as any other glass bakeware product.

This baking dish came with a plastic storage lid, and was probably priced higher because of this lid. The lid, in my experience, is a complete waste. The plastic material is too rigid, and doesn't form a seal of any sort over the dish. Also, once the lid is on, it hooks over one of the handles, and when you remove it the lid buckles and you have to pull up on two other corners to remove it.

Solid and versatile

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Anchor Hocking Savannah Clear Bakewear & Dinnerwear:

We received a pack of Anchor Hocking bakeware for a wedding gift over five years ago, and with one exception, it is still going strong! (I inadvertently dropped the 8x8 square baking dish on the tile floor when I was getting another dish out of the cupboard. Even though it was only about a foot and a half off the ground, that dish shattered into hundreds of tiny tempered glass pieces. As long as you don't drop it on stone, I'm pretty confident these things will last forever!) Though glass dishes and pans take longer to heat up, they are easier to clean and you can use any kind of serving utensils in them without worrying about scratching non-stick coatings (like on most metal baking pans). Glass dishes are, of course, heavier than their flimsier metal counterparts, but as long as you handle them carefully, this isn't much of an issue. It's also nice to be able to see through the sides and bottom of the pan.

Great all-purpose baking dish

Comments about Anchor Hocking Savannah Clear Bakewear & Dinnerwear:

I have the 9 X 13 inch baking dish and I have used this dish so many times for so many things. I don't even know where I got this dish anymore, but it is strong and sturdy. I use it to make lasagna, bread pudding, casseroles, and hot or cold desserts. It is so sturdy that it is almost too heavy. I can't lift this thing with one hand. It does have nice little handles to help you put it in or pull it out of the oven. It is definitely not non-stick, so it needs to be oiled lightly before you put your food in it. It is a little hard to clean the browned bits of food off the dish after it has been baked on. After a good soaking, I usually don't have too much trouble. I have put this dish in the dishwasher, too, and it came out looking great. I love that it is so versatile. I do wish this dish came with a lid. I know that the Pyrex brand comes with plastic/silicon lids and it would be great if this one did, too. It would be so much easier to store leftover lasagna with a lid instead of aluminum foil.

Anchor Hocking Baking dishes

from Lincoln, NE

Comments about Anchor Hocking Savannah Clear Bakewear & Dinnerwear:

I love these for baking desserts and other dishes that need to be prepared in the oven. This is one of my favorite brands as they are so thick and durable. I would probably choose these over any other dish.

This baking dish is a great asset to any kitchen for making several types of foods. I use them for desserts and main entrees and also vegetables.

Very easy to clean as they are shaped rectangular/square or round. Food comes off very easily. Dawn works great on these types of glass dishes.

These dishes are very thick, so they are very durable and I have never broken or cracked one of these. These are probably my favorite because of their thickness

These dishes are designed very well, not only thick, but have great handles so you can hold onto them with ease and not have to worry about dropping them.

Doesn't Stick
These dishes come clean very easily using Dawn. When using a spray or flour the food comes right off.

• Doesn't Stick:

Our Anchor Hocking Bakewear works well.

from Chattanooga, TN

Comments about Anchor Hocking Savannah Clear Bakewear & Dinnerwear:

My Anchor Hocking bake wear has always preformed well. No complaints here.

Good, USA-Made Value

from Little Elm, TX

Anchor Hocking 8x8 baking dish with lid

from Gainesville, MO

Comments about Anchor Hocking Savannah Clear Bakewear & Dinnerwear:

I received this Anchor Hocking 8x8 glass baking dish with the lid as a Christmas present this year. It is the perfect size for baking a small cake or pan of brownies for two people like my husband and I. I like the idea of having the lid so I can store my leftovers.