Other Mattresses:
American Signature
American Signature Royal Serenity Pillow Top Mattress

American Signature Royal Serenity Pillow Top Mattress

Great product even with defects

We purchased a vinyard manot mattress from VCF back in 2004 to replace a waterbed.  The mattress is really comfy with a big pilowtop.  Over the last year, we have noticed very large imprints on both sides and a very large hump in the middle.  Called up the store, now American signature and had a service guy comeout.  Everything was done in a matter of a day and then a week later, we have a new mattress.  So the store is great. the product is great and even if there were a defect, they stand behind there product with makes it all worth it!

They Should Change the Name from "DeLuxe" to "DeLumpy"

Sigh.

Why is it so difficult to find a mattress that both your body and your wallet can love?  After getting rid of a [Sealy Vasser][1] mattress that was too firm for my comfort, we decided to buy an identical mattress to one we have in the guest room.  Our guests have always remarked how well they sleep on that bed, so why not buy one for our own master bedroom?  Better yet, why not buy a "deluxe" version of it?  That is how we came to purchase the **Royal Serenity Deluxe Mattress** by **American Signature**.

The first few months that we had the Deluxe mattress was like sleeping on a dream.  The pillowtop was cushy and comfortable, but not too soft.  My nightly leg spasms were greatly reduced and I found myself waking up with fewer aches and pains.  Unfortunately, I began to notice that the pillowtop was becoming indented.  In fact, I could probably draw an outline around the silhouette of our bodies that would look just like those crime-scene photos.

Since the **Royal Serenity Deluxe** mattress is a pillowtop, there wasn't the option to flip the mattress over.  Instead, we turned it clockwise so that the foot was now at the head, and vice versa.  That helped temporarily, but I've noticed (again) that the indentations are becoming more pronounced.

In retrospect, I think it would have been a better option to buy the regular Royal Serenity mattress and purchase a thick foam topper to go over it.  Memory foam toppers have a tendency to spring back and not become indented over time.

Final thoughts:

Overall, I'm disappointed that the **Royal Serenity Deluxe Mattress** by **American Signature **didn't maintain its loft better.  It's still comfortable and we'll probably keep it for a while, but the less expensive version ([reviewed here][2] ) may be a better buy.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Sealy-Ultra-Plush-Vasser-Mattress-review-41277
[2]: http://www.viewpoints.com/American-Signature-Home-Royal-Serenity-Pillow-Top-Mattress-review-4c74

I would not recommend this mattress

from cocoa florida

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

Cons

• Develops Cavity
    • Lumpy
    • Too Hard

Comments about American Signature Royal Serenity Pillow Top Mattress:

I can't complain too much because I was given this bed brand new. 3 years ago this bed was awesome for the first few months. Not it's too firm and lumpy. My back aches every day that I get out of it. I am in the process of fixing my credit and prefer to not finance a bed but I have been suffering with this bed the past 2-1/2 years I feel like it is not comparable to sleeping on the floor.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

THIS BED SUCKS - it's the worst bed ever!

Comments about American Signature Royal Serenity Pillow Top Mattress:

I've had this bed for 4 years. I started experiencing incredible overall body and neck pain soon after purchasing. I thought it was me. I slept on all sides, added an additional memory foam topper...and have been in misery. In the last month I've slept on a Beautyrest Classic - slept like a dream and woke with no pain. This past weekend I slept on a friend's 15 year old Ikea cheap 2" mattress...again, incredible night's sleept with not morning pain. It HAS to be this godawful American Signature mattress. Value City Furnature employees just came out to "inspect." How can a visual inspection identify a manufacturing defect? They show only a 1/2" sag - and I was told it had to be 2:inches of sag for replacement. If this isn't rectified, I will NEVER step foot in Value City Furniture again. Beware of this horrible mattress brand - and just know the "Warranty" is crap as well.

• Comfort:
      • Support:
      • Firmness:

Horrible!

Comments about American Signature Royal Serenity Pillow Top Mattress:

I purchased this queen mattress about 10 months ago. This has been the worst mattress I ever purchased. It I equivalent to a mattress I once slept on at an extended stay hotel! Every morning my husband and I both awake to our bodies in pain. I am on a regimen of Advil for my aches. It feels like this bed has springs and I'm laying on them with no cushion....horrible! I have purchased mattress sets before that was much cheaper and slept a lot better. I am very dissatisfied! I feel like I bought a bed that was put together on a Monday.

Firmness
      Too firm!

• Comfort:
      • Support:
      • Firmness:

They Should Change the Name from "DeLuxe" to "DeLumpy"

from Chicagoland, IL

Final thoughts:

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Sealy-Ultra-Plush-Vasser-Mattress-review-41277

DO NOT BUY.....crappy mattress and warranty

from Danville, IN

Comments about American Signature Royal Serenity Pillow Top Mattress:

We have own out mattress for 1 1/2 years and it started folding in the middle needless to say Value city furniture would not replace because there's stains on there. Which is bull because what mattress doesn't have stains on it. Ours was paint.

WILL NOT BUY FROM AGAIN

within 4mths the mattress has sunk in 2 1/2 inches in the center

from Memphis, TN

Comments about American Signature Royal Serenity Pillow Top Mattress:

We purchased this mattress 4 months ago. Within the last 2 months we noticed a dip in the middle of the mattress with a hump also. We called VCF and they sent a rep out to look at it and he measured the dip and it was 2 1/2 deep. So we can go and select a new one. The mattress was comfortable and I loved the height. It was just that one little problem. We purchase the protective cover and we love that also (we will keep the cover :).

Bought The Royal Serenity Mattress At Northeast Furniture Direct

from Needham, MA

Comments about American Signature Royal Serenity Pillow Top Mattress:

I went to Northeast Furniture Direct in Stoughton, Massachusetts and bought a Royal Heritage Mattress, the Serenity Pillowtop. The salesman gave me all of the features and the price seemed very reasonable. I generally buy things impulsively and didnt spend alot of time on the mattress before the purchase. It was delivered a few days ago, and it is fantastic. I am starting to think he charged me too little. The mattress is heaven and I highly recommend it.

Royal Heritage Mattress Serenity Pillowtop Is The Best Mattress

from Providence, RI

Comments about American Signature Royal Serenity Pillow Top Mattress:

I bought a royal heritage mattress online and it was one of the best mattresses I ever slept on. It is called the Signature Home Royal Serenity Pillow Top Mattress and it is a fantastic mattress for the price. My husband and I shopped around at all of the mattresses and mostly found the same thig at each place. Some were comfortable and expensive and some were inexpensive and cheap.  The royal heritage mattress serenity pillowtop is the best of both worlds. It combines the luxury of the high end at an affordable price. I hoghly recommend this mattress and company.

I hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

from Irmo, SC

Comments about American Signature Royal Serenity Pillow Top Mattress:

I have had two of these beds and the only reason two is because we sent the first back.  It has sagged yet again.  Neither my husband nor I are big people.  I weigh in at 160 and he at 200.   A king size bed should go defunct in a year.

Great product even with defects