3.7
American Express - Gold Credit Card

American Express - Gold Credit Card

3.7

I use the American Express almost exclusively for credit buying

The American Express Gold Card is a great card to have in your wallet.  I use it almost exclusively for all of my on-line and shopping  purchases.  Another great reason to carry the American Express gold card is the points that you can accrue just by using the card.  They are currently doubling your points for groceries and gasoline purchases.  Last year I was able to get a five hundred dollar credit to my card account just from the points I accumulated from the previous couple of years.  The are always coming up with ways to get extra points and that helps the point balance grow even faster.  You can always be assured that you will not go over the limit when you are out spending, because there is no set limit on the card.  Still another great feature that they have added in the last few year is any purchase over one hundred dollars goes into a seperate category on your bill and you can decide how much of this amount to pay.  You can pay all of it, or if you spend a little to much on a vacation or a night on the town you can spread the payments out over several months.  If all locations accepted the American Express Gold Card, I would never carry any other card in my wallet.  I hope they are working on that.

After 12 years of great payment history American Express cut me

I have been with American Express for over 12 years and spend over $200,000 every year. I have 3 cards with them and have paid on time either the minimum or over every month. Never missed a payment. As I was ready to go on vacation, I paid them the exact amount, 10 days or more prior to their due date. I went in to charge more on my gold card that has no limit and it was rejected. This has never happened before. I was shocked. I call AMX and they said my spending pattern is out of controlled. I said "what does it matter to you how much I spend", I have always paid the amount you requested every month every year. It so happen, that month I was spending 2000 less than the month before. So AMX said send them another $4000 and they will open it back up. I was shock, I said why didnt you said you wanted more money for my monthly payment, instead of asking more in the middle of the cycle. I have had the card up to over 60k and have paid it off the same year. Currently we operate a resort with a banquet facility.They said thats the way it has to be. I have many types of bill paid by AMX, so I had to change all that prior to my vacation. I have spoken to their corporate supervisor and they think nothing of the matter. After many years of being loyal to them they could care less about their customers. Don't believe the commercial that make you feel like they are there for small business. They care only about themselves. My personnel feeling is that they got to big and could care less if they lose any customers.

We currently do accept AMX at our resort and in our first year we have accepted over $35,000 from AMX customers.  What do you think I should do.

Great brand

from chicago Illinois

Comments about American Express - Gold Credit Card:

I have used American Express for many years for business purposes. My husband and I own a livery business and this card has really come in handy for emergency purposes where we don't have ready cash but it is on it's way to us.

Customer Service
The customer serviced department is excellent to work with. There have been occasions where due to business issues we could not make the entire monthly payoff. They are more than willing to work with you on those issues and they will not suspend card use because of those issues. They understand that business issues come up. I like that they ask is there anything you need from them to make things easier for you and the business. They are very caring and understanding of every individual issue and they work hard to make sure every customer's concern is addressed before the call ends

Available Rates
With this particular card, I have a decent rate, the only fee I pay is a annual fee and it is very low.

• Customer Service:
  • Available Rates:

After 12 years of great payment history American Express cut me

from Globe, AZ

Comments about American Express - Gold Credit Card:

amex gold crdit card is good for you

from New York, NY

Comments about American Express - Gold Credit Card:

american express credit card gold is a widely used credit card, with many points of use . unfortunately not yet enough developped in Europe.

Also the rewards program is not consistent : 1 point per dollar in the USA, 1 point per euro in europe . with the current exchange rate at 1,40 US$ per euro, it is best to be an american......

The program is a little deficient in terms of ATM accessibilty in Europe, and in many countries the card is not easily accepted, or is refused by the dealers/shops because of the high fees the card asks them; If AMEX wants to be on par with VISA, some rethinking might be useful.

OOverall, it is a good credit card with sufficient protection and an alert system for unusaul use functionning rather well. Although sometimes disturbing,as having one's card refused, because I paid succesively different airline tickets and upgrades and this was interpreted by AMEX as a fraudulent use, although it was not.

I find gold card conveient

from Hollywood, FL

Comments about American Express - Gold Credit Card:

Gold card helps make it easier to make arrangements when you travel and if you have problems with the services they will refund your money or check and see if the charge on your card was fraudulent and remove that charge. You get points or cash back on your purchases. I like using the gold card because you do not have an annual fee. It is accepted at most places you shop and that in itself is a very nice convience. You earn rewards also such as airline mileage. That helps when you are booking a flight to go anywhere you wish and you save money. It is also nice to be able to pay the balance off and not have any finance charges or fees on your card each month. Everyone should use the gold card for their purchases for both business or personal because of the rewards and other incentives that American Express offer. Why dont you try it today and see you will be glad you did and receive  the rewards you will get each and every time you use the card..

Disappointed in a company Ive trusted for years.

from Canton, GA

Comments about American Express - Gold Credit Card:

I am dissappointed in American Expess credit card company.  i have been a loyal customer for seven years.  i did all my traveling on American Express card in order to add up the miles to get free airline tickets.  I called about a year ago and asked to have my interest rate lowered and to my surprise they lowered it to almost something reasonable.

Here is where my disappointment sets in.  I have paid on time every month and over my payment that is due.  I have also paid off my card in the past seven years twice.  for being such a loyal and dedicated customer.  I got a letter from American Express right after they lowered my Interest rate telling me that they needed to lower my usable balance.  they lowered it so that i only had 100 dollars left on my account.  Interesting needless to say American Expess has lost a valuable customer doing all of the correct things to pay per my terms.  i don't care what is happening in the ecomoney if you are doing everything correctly then you shouldnt be penalized.  I closed my account and if needed will use another credit company.

Love this card

from Royston, GA

Comments about American Express - Gold Credit Card:

I've had my american express gold card for about 3 years now and i love it. There isn't a limit on my spending, or any intrest if I pay it off every month. Almost everyone takes it and I also have a free online account with it. I'm able to get cash advances on my card as well. The cash advances have an interest charge against them though, so I normally don't use it. You can also have the card linked to your checking or savings account and use the amex card either as your credit card or use the funds from your linked account. If you make any purchases over the amount of $200 you are able to split them payments up without paying any extra interest on them. All you have to do is call the company and have them set it up for you. When you get the bill, it will have your other small purchase balance on it alon with any previous balance (if any) plus the portion of the large purchase you have set up into smaller payments. This is a good starter card for anybody, but you do have to have good credit to get it.

I use the American Express almost exclusively for credit buying

from Irmo, SC

Comments about American Express - Gold Credit Card:

I Don't Leave Home Without It!!

from Spring, TX

Comments about American Express - Gold Credit Card:

The American Express card is the one card that I don't leave home without.  My husband and I like that we have to pay the balance in full every month.  You can put things on their extended payment plan but we never do.  Paying the balance in full has helped keep us out of debt and allowed us to save thousands of dollars in interest.  We also earn points for every dollar that we spend, this is why I don't leave home without it.  I use this card for everyday purchases, big and small.  I buy all of our groceries and gas for my car.  I also use this card to purchase big ticket items, such as furniture, baby grand piano, and paying for the moving company each of the 4 times that we have moved.  This has all added up to some pretty awesome points.  We often use our points to purchase free airline tickets.  We have used them to purchase big screen tvs, iPods, GPS systems and other electronics.  We get a breakdown every year of our spending habits and this helps us plan for the next year.  This card has truly helped us stay out of debt and live the good life.

American Express = Great Customer Service!

from North Brunswick, NJ

Comments about American Express - Gold Credit Card:

I could not be a happier American Express customer! The reward points are great, most places accept it, but most of all, the customer service is outstanding. I have never had a more pleasant experience dealing with any other type of customer service. First of all, I am never on hold very long when I need to call customer service. Once I get a representative, they are so helpful! They evidently verify my identity, and tend to my requests without hesitation, whether it be questioning a charge or changing my account info. The best part of American Express Customer Service is that if you ever buy something, and then something goes wrong with that purchase, American Express will remove the charge! No questions asked! Even if you buy something, and break it years later, Amex will cover the cost of replacing it... even if it was your fault it broke! It is so nice to have a credit card that is really "on your side". I could not not give Amex a more positive recommendation!

terrible

from Pompano Beach, FL

Comments about American Express - Gold Credit Card:

I am writing review about american express gold card.  I was the member of this card myself.  For the past 4 to 5 months, I noticed that there were a lot of problem about our economy crisis.  I really understand and feel that it really has effect me as a retail business owner.  I have been american express gold card for more than 10 years and feel the way they cut off customers credit limits is just very wrong and terrible.  I have owned my restaurant for more than 5  years and ever since I have 3 american express credit card, including this american express gold card.  I used them many time to purchase my supplies and produces and I never paid late on these cards.  For some reasons, american express decided to cut off my credit limits on all of them, especially my american express gold card.  I was very upset and have called their customer services many time asking them the reason and they did not give me any answers.  I wish american express can at least do something for their royal customers not just decease limits just like that and other things that upset me was that they increase the interesting rate without giving customers warning. I noticed that many of my friends, who also retail business owners, faces the same situations as I did.  We have asked ourselves the same question that how american express did this to customers that never did anything against their card's policies nor never pay bill late.   I really believe that is a wrong doing, especially, american express,  the cards that all americans have trusted for a long period of time.