Other Lips:
Lip Primer
AmeriMark Lip Power - Lipstick Sealer

AmeriMark Lip Power - Lipstick Sealer

It Was Supposed to Set My Lip Color, but it Set My Lips on Fire!

from Chicagoland, IL

Comments about AmeriMark Lip Power - Lipstick Sealer:

Not too long ago, I received a *Beauty Boutique* catalog in the mail.  I was leafing through it and came across a product called **Lip Power**.  According to the description, Lip Power is a sealant that is supposed to set your lipstick so that you can go smudge-free all day.  I'd seen drugstore cosmetics like *Cover Girl Outlast* and *Revlon Color Stay* that contain both a color stain and sealer.  But this was the first time I'd ever seen a stand-alone sealant.  I figured that I could turn my favorite lipstick into a smudge-free option, so I ordered the tiny bottle of Lip Power on the *Amerimark.com* website.

**Lip Power Lip Sealant** is a transparent formula that comes in a bottle-and-brush that resembles clear nail polish.  Once I applied a few strokes of it, I honestly began to wonder if it really *was *nail polish.  I've never had such a strong reaction to a cosmetic in my life.  The sealant applied fairly evenly over my Avon matte lipstick, but within 60 seconds my lips began to feel irritated.  After about 2 minutes, my lips began to burn.  Before I'd even reached the 3-minute mark my lips were on fire and I washed the stuff off.  It was really bad.

Thankfully, there was no lingering damage done.  Once I removed the Lip Power from my lips everything returned to normal.  I can't even say whether Lip Power lived up to its promise simply because I couldn't bear to leave it on long enough to find out.

My overall impression of **Amerimark Lip Power, Lip Sealant** is that this is a product best avoided.  I'll stick to tried-and-true cosmetics like *Outlast* and *Color Stay* when I want a lip color that stays put.