3.8
Amcor 12,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner

Amcor 12,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner

3.8

Portable enjoyable and cool

Happiness in the summer when the temperature reaches a 100 degrees or over, you want the coldness from an air conditioner.  Reviewing the Amcor Portable Air Conditioner ALD1200 EH, it qualifies to give you the coolest that you desire.  When rolling it in to whatever room you want, "putting the pedal to the medal."  So in control  knowing that the location where it is place is very important.  Quality of the air that  Amcor Portable Air Conditioner is great covering 12,000 BTU'S and easy to install and remove.

This Amcor Portable Air Conditioner has one flaw that people don't really like.  Emptying the water from the Air Conditioner.  Because with windows air conditioners the excess water goes out the window.  But because of it's convient and air pressure some don't mind.  Despite my inital amazement, of such an air conditioner rolling around it's would be great to have, easy to use and that remote control, is great

Amcor Portable Air Conditioner ALD 120 EH is expensive to the average person. Because of  lack of finance it would probably sell more if the pricing wasn't so high.  Even though there are some that is more expensive.

An Expensive Hunk Of Junk!! Has Serious Design Flaws!!!

I bought the Amcor portable Air Conditioner ALD-12000EH in '06, thinking that it was going to cool the living room comfortably. Boy, was I wrong!! It does NOT meet any of my expectations!!

This unit is no good at all! A worthless piece of junk. For one thing, the condensate pan fills up too fast and shuts the unit down too soon. Another problem with this unit is that even if you DO use the supplied drain hose, I had to prop the unit on top of a milk crate for it to drain the water.

And even then, it made so much water that the roasting pan used to catch the water had ran over and wet up the floor!!! You can't even leave the house or apt with this thing on because it makes water constantly while it is on!! It comes with a remote control though, but the fact of the matter is that as long as this unit is on, you have to babysit with it!!

Like having to constantly change a baby's diaper. Not that I don't like children. I LOVE them!! But it's ridiculous to have to go through the constantly annoying headaches & tribulations associated with trying to use this piece of junk!!

You won't even be able to go to bed with it on!! Because the main issue with this unit is that you'll be constantly dealing with the draining water. It's like changing a baby's diaper all day and all night long!!

And as far as efficiency goes, FORGET IT!!!!! That, along with the hot air it produces, goes out the window!! It DOES have 12,000 BTU's of cooling power, but it means nothing because the room, in and of itself, doesn't get cool at all!!

I sold this unit to the landlord's 13-year-old son. And after a while, HE didn't even like it either!!! He did the same thing that I did - he went out and bought a window unit.

Get a window unit. These piece-of-junk portable units are not worth the investment!! There are better fish out there to fry!! It's best left right where you see it - in the stores or on the websites!!

~Daquan13.

easy to use

from Villas, NJ

Portable enjoyable and cool

from Rochester, NY

Comments about Amcor 12,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner:

An Expensive Hunk Of Junk!! Has Serious Design Flaws!!!

from Brighton, Ma.

~Daquan13.

great for a large room

from Burke, VA

Comments about Amcor 12,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner:

I bought this when we lived in our condo. Our bedroom was quite large, about 15 x 18.  Unfortunately, we didn't get heat or ac in our room very well.  The air vents were built quite badly and this left our room really cold in the winter and really warm in the summer.  I saw this unit had a heater and an air conditioner. I had gone to our condo association and found out that we could have portable AC units in our condo, but not window units.  So this was perfect!  We lived on the third floor, so I wasn't worried about anyone climbing up the window to get into our place.  This machine sets up very quickly and is super easy to use. The remote is great so you can be in bed and change the temperature settings. It also has a built-in dehumidifier, which would be good in a damp location.  We just vented the hose to the window with the window kit that comes with it and plugged it in. Voila, instant gratification! It is quite heavy, so it is really good that it comes on 4 wheels.  I would highly recomment this unit. Just know that it is noisy when it runs. If you need quite to sleep, this is not the machine for you.  If you like white noise while you sleep, you will love it!!!

Amcore portable air conditioner ALD 12000 EH not the best out th

from Pasadena, CA

Comments about Amcor 12,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner:

Amcore portable air conditioner ALD 12000 EH is one of my bad purchases I made. It was very very hot day when I went to shop for an air conditioner. When I stepped in the store this was the only one left out of the portable airconditioners. So basically I had no other choices to make. Basically either I get this air conditioner or not sleep the night from the heat. I thought it will work in cooling my living room where I can stay and sleep in those very hot days.

After working for straight 10 hours the tepreture did not drop on the thermometer more than 10 degrees. No matter how long this thing worked the room will never get cold. The airconditioner will never automatically stop, it will continiously work until you turn it off. I guess it does that because it never reaches those tempretures.

I wish I returned it on time, but this thing was so heavy that I wasn,t able to carry it back to the store. Now it is sitting in my garage.

Take the Cool with you with the Amcor Portable AC!

from Staten Island, NY

Comments about Amcor 12,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner:

I live in a small apartment and putting a real air conditioner through my window is definitely not an option. I decided to look for other options and thought about getting a portable air conditioner and chose the Amcor Portable Air Conditioner. I've heard from friends that portable air conditioners plain suck. I ignored the negative stigma and took the plunge anyway. Right from the get go, I realized that you have to put this near a window so that it can vent. I didn't mind it too much. Also, after my first night's sleep, I found it to be a lot noisier than I expected it to be. After a while I just got used to it because it is an air conditioner and I don't expect an air conditioner to be completely silent. Another thing is that you have to empty the condensed water, which is not a huge pain.

Overall, I definitely recommend this product. It is a great alternative to the traditional air conditioner and certainly keeps you cool!

Healthy

from Elk, WA

Comments about Amcor 12,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner:

We purchased the Amcor windowless air conditioner in July, 2008. We needed a windowless unit because of the layout of the house. The unit we purchased was the 14,000 btu model. It came with a remote contol and timer and an easy to install venting system that vents heat and moisture from the room.We had a sun porch added on to our home but there was no room for duck-work so we looked into portable air conditioners and this one did a great job. It hooks up quickly and cools the same although it can be noisy on the high speed. But when your hot who cares.t has a very small capacity resevoir for the condensed water (humidity) it removes.  Hence, you will be running to the unit after it beeps to relieve the tank.  The unit shuts down when full and will not restart until empty.  A suggestion is to let it continually drain if you can accomodate the included hose to the sewer.  This is not practical in most situations.

extraordinary!

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about Amcor 12,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner:

This air condition is extraordinary, it is portable which is a great idea to have on the basement or any other place with small windows, i love it, it is really cool and lovely to have it at your room or anywhere else, you can placed irt on the center room and will cover the entire house. I will recomend it to everyone on those summer season, when the temperature is so hot, you most have this at home.

i really liked it

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Amcor 12,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner:

i bought this air conditioner in the summer when it was really hot

and i just loved it it not only makes things cool its easy to rotate it around the

house sometimes i can put it in the room or in the living room when im there

but it really made my summer very enjoyable because it kept my apartment very cool

and i didnt even fell the heat that was going on outside it is really hard to find an ac that is good

and that can move becase if i just bough on for the living room i doubt that my room would be kool

well over all my experience with this ac was wonderful if you want something worth your money you

would probably want to buy it.

Cools me

from Unity, ME

Comments about Amcor 12,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner:

We just bought this air conditioner this summer when we were having a heat wave and what a life saver!  It was so hot and this was truly a relief.  It cools my home very easily and doesn't use an incredible amount of electricity either.  It uses far less electricity than the last air conditioner did.  We got it on discount and are so glad we made this purchase.  A great investment!  We no longer have to sleep with all the covers off in the middle of the summer.  It was so inexpensive and well worth the money to be so much more comfortable.  We don't have to leave and go hang out at the grocery store to beat the heat.  I would recommend this air conditioner to anyone.  You'll get better sleep, feel happier, and enjoy your summer much more with the cooler house this ac provides.  I am planning on buying a second one for another part of the house so we can have it even cooler.  I don't have to dread the hot summers anymore!