3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

Good Results on Some Spots and Blemishes; No Change on Others

Most of my adult life I've had oily, blemish-prone skin. I've always turned to Ambi to fade the little dark spots that old acne blemishes leave behind.

Ambi Fade...Read complete review

Ambi Fade Cream has been very effective for me, but only on some scars.  I also have a few sun spots on my face, but the product did nothing to fade those, no matter how long I used it. On the plus side, Ambi does contain sunscreen, which is important to get the best results and to keep spots from coming back.

Ease of Application
Ambi comes in a tube and the cream spreads evenly and absorbs quickly.

Convenience
Sure, it's inconvenient to have to use this morning and night for several weeks before you can tell if it's working, but that's common with this type of over-the-counter product.

Side Effects
Skin sensitivity and irritation is a common side effect of the active ingredient, hydroquinone. The formula is categorized for "normal" skin, but I haven't had any problems with it clogging my oily skin or making it greasy.  The scent is mildly unpleasant, but I think that stems from the active ingredient (most fade creams I've used have that same smell).

Immediacy
For the first 3 weeks of use, I use it twice per day, and only apply the cream to the areas of discoloration. I seem to notice fading around the 3 - 4- week mark. Once the spots have faded I then apply the cream all over my face to help even my overall complexion.

Ambi fade cream disaster!!!!

I have had acne for over ten years and therefore have had deep acne scars or post-hyperpigmentation marks for years that truly have been hard to get rid of so I decided to use ambi fade cream because a few of my friends recommended I give it a try. Although skeptical, I tried it anyway. I was afraid that the hydroquinone skin bleach would damage my skin because I had read that hydroquinone was banned in many African countries. I must say that using it actually made me break out more and made my skin look red and blotchy. I actually ended up calling the company and getting a refund for ambi fade cream for it lightened the areas around the scars instead of the scars itself and left pink marks on my skin. I definitely wouldn't suggest this to my friends personally but maybe that is just me. It smelled really good but I think the perfume inside of the product is what caused the breakouts. I did discontinue use for I deemed it ineffective. I have seen it work for a few of my friends but it didn't work for me or someone who had moderate acne. It is very easy to apply on the skin, however, but be careful for you could end up having a negative reaction as I did. I would not recommend ambi fade cream as a scar lightening agent. It was terrible!

Pretty great

from Southfield, MI

Comments about Ambi Fade Cream:

I actually heard about this on a Swagbucks Video that was reviewing a few beauty insiders' favorite beauty products. One of the women had a tube of Ambi Face Cream. It was her own personal bottle and it was almost completely used up. She said that she loved it so much that when she couldn't squeeze any more out she would cut the tube open to get every last drop. After that glowing recommendation, I decided to give it a try.
When I found it in the store I couldn't believe how low the price was. I grabbed it up right away.
I have been using it on my face for a couple weeks now and I already see a difference. I have some marks from past acne breakouts that I've never really know how to get rid of, until now. Ambi Fade Cream has already improved them so much! I'm absolutely thrilled.
That being said, I have also been using it on some darker spots on my face. I have yet to see any changes in them. I'm not really upset though because they're not especially noticeable to begin with and were not really bothering me.

Works well on old acne marks.

Ease of Application
Very simple to apply, it goes on so smoothly.

It does have a bit of a medicinal scent, however it's not really strong or off putting.

Really great product!

Comments about Ambi Fade Cream:

I've had really stubborn acne scars (hyperpigmentation) for several years that has been a pain to get rid of. After using this product for about 3 weeks I noticed a big difference and was getting constant compliments on how much clearer and brighter my skin looked. A few weeks later and my spots are almost all gone now. You have to be really consistent when using the cream, applying twice a day just on the spots where it's needed, but if you do so you will definitely have clear skin finally.

If used consistently it works really well.

Ease of Application
In order for the product to work to fade hyperpigmentation you should apply it only to the troubled areas and not anywhere else. Since it is a fade/lightening cream, it will lighten every spot where you apply it, so if you want it to fade just the acne scars then you have to just apply it there. It's a little hard to get the cream on just the spots where you need it, but I find that using a Q-tip helps.

No unpleasant or strong scent.

• Ease of Application:

Ambi fade cream disaster!!!!

from Georgia

One of the only fade creams I will use, Ambi Fade Cream

from Fort Worth, Texas

Comments about Ambi Fade Cream:

I purchased this Ambi Fade Cream along with the Ambi Cleansing bar. I needed a cream that would help eliminate any dark spots that I had on my face. I also used this cream on my neck to help even out my skin tone. I use this cream every morning and every night and since I started using it a few years ago it has faded my dark spots in a major way. It doesn't take very much only a small pea size amount on your finger tips, rub it into face and it rubs in evenly and you can feel it working instantly.

Although it takes a while to start to see a difference in your skin, it still works and is more effective than any other brand I have tried. It is a light cream so using it doesn't cake up your skin, but leaves it looking vibrant and clear. The way it has evened out my skin tone has been amazing. It's a brand that can be a little high in cost but in the end it's worth it.

Ease of Application
The squeeze top on the Ambi Fade Cream is so simple and easy to use. It comes with great portion control.

This scent isn't the best.

• Ease of Application:

cheap and painless way to rid yourself of freckles

from 967892956

Comments about Ambi Fade Cream:

I wish I had taken a before picture so I could show the difference but it is a signiificant improvement in the freckles and sun spots. I am fair skinned so the freckles are easy to come by but did not look good on a 54 year old women

saw a difference right away

Ease of Application
spreads smooth and is soothing to skin

don't really smell anything

Good Results on Some Spots and Blemishes; No Change on Others

from Chicagoland, IL

Ease of Application
Ambi comes in a tube and the cream spreads evenly and absorbs quickly.

Convenience

Side Effects

Immediacy

Takes care of my face

from Belton, TX

Comments about Ambi Fade Cream:

I call this the assistant doctor. This does my face real good.I had a big pimple on my face.The pimple left such an ugly scar, and the minute I started using it I saw drastic changes. my color is surely coming back.

Skin feels like velvet

from Terry, MS

Comments about Ambi Fade Cream:

I am in my early 30s and was noticing that my face did not have that natural "glow." I also have some acne scars that I was trying to diminish. Decided to try Ambi fade cream, and was a little surprised at the size of the tube. Seemed small for the price, but once I began using it, I understood that it would take quite a while to consume it all. I lo-o-o-o-o-ve it. I exfoliate, then put on Ambi while my skin is still damp, and it leaves my skin feeling fabulous. Velvety smooth, supple, and soft. After 2 months of usage, I have noticed a softening of the dark spots that I was trying to lessen. This has become a part of my daily facial regimen and I love it. :-)

Best Fade Cream Out Right Now

from Detroit, MI

Comments about Ambi Fade Cream:

Ambi fade Cream is a good product. I've used other creams over the years, but found that Ambi works the best at fadeing my discolorations. Within 3 days I've seen my acne scars start to fade and within a week or two they were completely gone. It's made for women of color but anyone can use it.

Knock out those spots!

from Marietta, GA

Comments about Ambi Fade Cream:

As a teenager with minor breakouts, it really bothered me to have the scars that were left behind after the acne would go away. I really needed a product that could work to fade those marks and scars quickly, without breaking the budget I had from my allowance. I was looking for something that would not be too oily and clog my pores, thus producing and igniting a bigger problem that I started with. Ambi Face Cream was my solution. Made specifically for women of color, Ambi Fade Cream comes in two formulas: For oily skin and for normal skin. YES! Options!!

But here are the pros and cons of Ambi Fade Cream:

**Pros:**

- Easy and convenient online and retail store purchasing

- Entire skin lightening product line to utilize

- Results possible within 2weeks of regular use

- Vitamin E helps soften and smooth your skin externally

- Incredibly affordable

**Cons:**

- Contains Hydroquinone within ingredients

- Mainly created for normal skin types

- Does not list entire ingredient list

- Possible risk of skin irritation

Ambi Fade Cream worked for me during my teenage years just perfectly. However, as an adult, I am using more natural and organic products.