Other Dog Healths:

DOES NOT WORK. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY

from Worcester MA

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

Cons

• Not Effective

Comments about Amber Technology HWF Heartworm Free:

This product does not work. Take your dog to the vet and follow their advice if you really want to solve the problem.

Waste of money-does not work

from Aiken, SC

Comments about Amber Technology HWF Heartworm Free:

Wolfcreek Ranch (distributors) and Amber Tech (manufacturers) offer an all natural treatment for heartworm treatment.  The websites offer lots of testimonials from people who say that their pet was cured of heartworms by using this product.  Unfortunately my experience was not positive and my dog has tested positive for the second time.  She was on this product for 16 weeks and I would have been thrilled if it had worked.  I have been looking for a gentle treatment since the vet administered treatment sounds so harsh.  But today my dog will start the regular vet treatment of two shots in two days followed by an oral treatment in a couple of weeks.

Also be aware that the Wolfcreek Ranch and Amber Tech websites say that you should NOT have your pet on the monthly heartworm preventative during the time you use their product.  My vet says that this is wrong and it allows the larvae to continue to grow when the monthly treatment would have prevented this.

FYI, I missed two months of the monthly treatment during a relocation to a new state and at the same time dealing with my other dog having surgery and physical therapy.  It was a terrible oversight which I sorely regret.  I have read that missing a couple of months should not have put my dog at risk but that is more false information, at least in this case.  Be aware that there are reports of break-through cases of dogs on preventative that are testing positive for heartworms too.

Testing annually for heartworms is very important.  I hope my information helps others to keep their pet heathy.

Product DID NOT WORK

from Baton Rouge, LA

Comments about Amber Technology HWF Heartworm Free:

This product failed at killing my dog's heartworms. My dog's heartworm case was diagnosed as 'mild' before starting her on this product (BTW, this is only 1 of 3 products the company recommends you co-administer for helping your dog 'overcome' heartworms). After 64 weeks on this product (4-5 times longer than the company claims is the average time for this product to 'overcome' heartworms) my dog tested at EXTREMELY HEARTWORM POSITIVE. Not only did this product fail to kill my dog's heartworms, it failed at killing the microfilaria, which then matured and reproduced, etc. Although I increased the dosage levels (per the company's recommendations), as well as follow every other company recommendation, after having her blood tested 5 times for the presence of microfilaria (at my expense) it was clear this product was not going to work. Having your dog's blood tested (at your expense) is the only way this company knows if their product is working. So, not only were the recommended products very expensive, there are additional costs that the consumer has to 'shoulder' in using this company's products. My dog is worse off now than when I started her on this product. Count the costs and risks before purchasing.

HWF is a safe and effective treatment.

from Irving, TX

Comments about Amber Technology HWF Heartworm Free:

The HWF restored my dog's general health, although he had a tight ball of worms that even the following traditional treatment could not eradicate. He was a rescue with a long standing (years) infestation. Without the HWF, he would not have recovered enough to undergo the tradtional treatment. I'm grateful for this product. I would give it only 4 stars, but the previous review was totally unfair. I would like others to know that this is a great product.