Other e-Readers:

Amazon Kindle Touch 3G

Pros

Cons

• Readability:

Don't leave home without it!

I was gifted my Kindle a year and a half ago, as a graduation gift. I haven't put it down since.

I am constantly downloading books onto it. And with Amazon's variety of free literature, I've maybe paid for a handful of books. Combine that with the fact that you can find the classics for free, this reader is a godsend.

So far, I have downloaded more than 500 books on this thing, despite reading around only 100 of the books on it. I also have some music stored on here, so I can listen while I read (in mp3 format). The only real problem I have is that after a year or so, despite using the screensaver and turning it off, my screen has had some of the e-ink shadowing. It's not too bad, and doesn't interfere with my reading, and fades as I continue to change the page.

Overall, the page turns are pretty fast, not distracting by being too slow. I did have to do a hard reset once, but I think that's because I had downloaded a corrupted mp3 file on. I still was able to manage to backup the books I had on the Kindle, and then transfer them back on with no problems.

The best part about this thing is the battery. I use the Kindle every day for a few hours, and have hardly had to charge it more than once every 3 weeks-month. I don't really use the wifi, which is how you download your books (besides direct USB download), but that does reduce the battery a bit.

Also, so many libraries are so well connected now, you can easily borrow books on this and keep reading. Especially as it syncs across all your Kindle devices (Kindle, phone, tablets, etc.).

Overall, well worth the buy! And you don't even need to splurge on the 3G. Almost everywhere you go these days, you find wifi, and the special offers aren't too annoying. Often you find some great deals.

This product is not user friendly.

I was excited to buy this product, but under further inspection, I found its functionality to be crappy. It is simple and unaesthetically pleasing to the eye, which for all intents and purposes, I actually did like. The touch feature however was nearly impossible to deal with. Sometimes I had to press way too hard for it even to read and sense my touch. No product should leave you that frustrated before you have even had a bit of enjoyment out of it first!

Battery Life
Battery life is substantial for the amount of time I read books.

Book Choices/Variety
I always had massive amounts to choose from, even some free and discounted books. Which to me is a super draw tactic.

Readability
Like I said before, had a hard time using the interface to begin with.

Touch screen not the best to use. Wish it was, because darned if I didn't like reading my books like that. The portability is awesome and extremely convenient.

I loved its simplicity. The less flashy the better!

It really stood up to me pressing on it so hard lol!

good

from algeria

good

I love my kindle touch :)

Comments about Amazon Kindle Touch 3G:

I love my kindle touch and the ability to be able to take 100's of books with me wherever I go. I like the touch screen unlike the old kindles which had buttons, and an annoying keyboard. The 4gb of internal memory is more then enough storage, which according to amazon can hold 3,000 books. The battery life is fantastic, and lasts forever. I always keep my wifi turned off on it, which probably helps the battery life, and I usually transfer books via a USB cord rather then wifi. Although the kindle having wifi access is awesome, and can be helpful sometimes. This kindle is only for reading, if you're looking for more of a tablet get the kindle fire. Although I love this kindle, sometimes I wish I had the kindle fire so I could read in the dark without a lamp since it has a different type of screen, but then I'd be sacrificing reading outside on a bright sunny day (same problem you have with a cellphone screen in the sun - hard to see) Overall I love my kindle touch, and think it is a great value.

The kindle hardly comes with any sort of directions so it can be difficult to figure out the first time. I had to google all of my questions when I set it up the first time..

• Readability:

A good pick if your only purpose is reading.

Comments about Amazon Kindle Touch 3G:

This was the first kindle that I owned ( I now also have an hd fire ). I received it as a gift because I would never have bought one for myself. I was under the stubborn adage "I want to be able to hold a book in my hands to turn and smell the pages"! But once I got over that and realized how extremely convenient these ereaders are, it became an everyday use for me! Mind you, it is not a gun tablet full of exciting apps to download, it is just for reading books.

Battery Life
The battery life on this is great, even better than my hd fire infact.

Book Choices/Variety
It has a great selection of books and authors, I only wish that there was a better selection of free books out there! I also use it to borrow books from my local library, so thats really cool.

Readability
It is easy to read as far as adjusting the font size. The reading without glare in sunlight is really cool too and actually works. I only wish that it was backlit in the dark so I wouldn't have to use a clip on light.

Fairly easy to navigate, it does load a little bit slow though.

The design is really cute and compact, super easy to handle.

I am going on almost 3 years with my kindle and it has given me no issues whatsoever.

I still miss borders

from 6478

Comments about Amazon Kindle Touch 3G:

I love the smell of a new book and being surrounded by books. However I was a huge borders bookstore kind of girl. I never liked barnes and noble the set of the store never makes sense to me and it wasn't as homey feeling as borders will always be to me. when they closed borders, i think i was devastated. This was my store, every 33% off coupon I would print from work and go straight to the store after work. It took me a long time to deal with the fact that my favorite store was gone. I was very anti- ebook/reader when the kindle and nooks of the world came out. But after borders closed and i didnt want to give my money to barnes and noble, I decided a kindle wouldn't be a terrible idea. I use my credit card points to buy the kindle. I think I had a hard time accepting the fact that i was going to read my books on this device, instead of turning each page and creasing the binding (which is my favorite thing about books). I started to get rent book from the library through my kindle, i found this to be a really cool feature on the kindle. And soon I start to warm up to it. I have to say the kindle is very convenient. I can buy books almost anywhere or rent ones from my local library on my kindle. Plus this doesnt take up as much room in my purse as a book does, so that is a benefit. I have learned to enjoy reading on this device, although I will always prefer a real book over an e-reader. I am very happy with the kindle and I am glad that I own one!

• Readability:

Great product for low volume readers

Comments about Amazon Kindle Touch 3G:

I love my kindle touch. It holds an enormous amount of books and rarely runs low on battery while my reading. Although, I do consider my self a low-volume reader.

Battery Life
Probably the best part about the kindle is that it gets an amazing battery life. With the wifi on I can get through 2-3 hefty books (think Dan Brown size) before I need to recharge. Without the wifi it seems to last forever.

Book Choices/Variety
The kindle shop has almost every popular book imaginable. Sometimes I find that it doesn't have all the classics. I also find that the options for amazon prime to use their 1 book free per month is very limited.

Readability
Reading on the kindle is quite pleasant. I never find my eyes glazing over as I would with any LED reader. My only issue with this, maybe because it's an older edition, is that moving from screen to screen is quite annoying. It ins't a fluid movement, but more like it completely reloads the page. Sometimes this is irksome.

This is a very easy project to use. Not a steep learning curve at all.

Can't say how many times I've dropped my kindle, but it still has no scratches and the screen is perfect.

Amazing.

Comments about Amazon Kindle Touch 3G:

First off, I have to say, I love the kindle. I use it all the time. It's a great way to have a multitude of books at your fingertips, without having to visit a library or bookstore. I have noticed, however, that with some of the books there are problems with recognizing punctuation, and occasionally the sentences get jumbled. It's generally easy to spot and sort out, but it does get slightly annoying. Also, the fact that it's a touch is great, just touch one side of the screen to turn the page, the top to go back to the menu, etc. It's very easy to figure out, as well.

love it

from Memphis, TN

Comments about Amazon Kindle Touch 3G:

I really do love my kindle I can get on the Web it's real easy. I really love reading a book on it. I recommend this product to people who have children it's easy for them to read a book on. I love all the kindles that.are available my next kindle will be the fire hd.

Great Kindle at an Affordable Price

Comments about Amazon Kindle Touch 3G:

This was my first Kindle and I loved it. Now I have the Kindle Fire and I love it for different reasons. I use both of these.

Readability
This doesn't have the color screen (good as the battery lasts longer, bad because the book covers look more inviting in color)

This is lightweight so that makes it easier to carry around in a purse or briefcase than the heavier Kindle Fire.

I've dropped this once on a paved parking lot and it didn't break.

Love my Kindle

from Osage Beach, MO

Comments about Amazon Kindle Touch 3G:

I must admit I am a book lover, like to browse book stores, decorate with books and just generally be able to touch a book and turn pages but when my son bought me my Kindle for my birthday/Christmas I was thrilled. Right away I saw all the benefits that my son told me that I would love.

Book Choices/Variety
I have been pleasantly surprised with the number of choices I have to download books onto my Kindle. I got set up at my local library and can place up to 5 holds on books and when they become available I can check them out and then check them back in without ever leaving my house and they even tell me how far down on the waiting list I am. Such a small device that can hold so many books!

Readability
Love that I can change the size of the words and actually is easier on my eyes to read than reading an actual book. I still have a lot of actual books in my library at home to get through but try to read one on my Kindle and then an actual book and it really impresses my how much easier on the eyes reading on my Kindle offers me.

The only time I am the least annoyed is on an airplane I have to turn my Kindle off before taking off and then cannot turn it back on until after we make our climb, but other than that I see no problem. It fits in my purse and the battery lasts a long time.

I love my Kindle Touch 3g

Comments about Amazon Kindle Touch 3G:

I love my Kindle Touch 3g. I can carry it anywhere and lots of books in the archive. I can also read magazine and newspaper subscriptions. I get a lot of use out of the Kindle Touch, about then an hour each day on average. This is probably why the battery needs to be charged about every two weeks. The Kindle Touch also saves lot of space in the house as I no longer need to get physical books and store them somewhere. Also saves on clutter and magazine and newspaper subscriptions as I have one newspaper and a few magazine subscriptions on it. Also books for the Kindles are really cheap so save a lot of money on books. Also with the free book offerings I find on icravefreebies and the blog Free Kindle Books and Tips, I get plenty of free and reduced price books for the Kindle. There are also other sites that have books for Kindle that are not published by Amazon. Also with the 3g option, I don't need wifi to connect to the Kindle store to purchase books. There is also an experimental mp3 on it which does work well. Also I love the hand touch screen on my Kindle.

Battery Life
I don't if it's because I get a lot of use out of the Kindle Touch 3g, but the battery needs to be recharged about every two weeks and I do keep the 3g turned off when not in use.

Book Choices/Variety
I love the variety of book choices and discounts on some really good classics.

Readability
The ink quality is very good.

Very good

Love the design.

Very durable, although I keep in a leather cover all the time.